Peach County boys upset top-seeded Central in 2-AAA

After the higher seed won each of seven quarterfinal matchups during the GHSA Region 2-AAA girls and boys tournaments, the first upset of the tournament struck late Wednesday night. Full Story
Peach Co has 2 freshmens

Warner Robins, GA

#1 Feb 17, 2011
I wish the papers would recognize Terry "TJ" Sams (#21/22)the other freshman on the varsity that has been the difference maker in all the Peach County wins. He was out with a broken toe for 6 games and Peach County did not win. He came back for the Veterans game and scored 18 points of the bench and Ahmed Hill (30 pts) got all his well desired glory for the win but no one mentioned TJ Sams efforts with less playing and he outscored all the other starters. TJ's return lead to 4 wins in a row to end the season with a loss to Baldwin. He started and scored 12 pts in the 2-AAA Region win against #1 seeded Central who has beaten the Trojans by 14 both times this season, he only played one quarter in the first game and was injured for the second game. He made the difference, Ahmed is great but he can't do it alone. Baldwin beware friday night!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgia High School Basketball News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hitting the hardwood: Area boys basketball preview Nov '14 Guy 1
Groves rallies, tops S. Effingham 50-48 (Jan '14) Jan '14 Eddie Puckett 1
AAAAAA Girls Tournament: Langston Hughes 49, Lu... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Dumb buddy 1
Seven DeKalb Basketball Teams Going to State To... (Feb '13) Feb '13 basketball fan 1
Laney holds on to knock off Jordan (Mar '12) Mar '12 William 1
Newnan falls short in losses at Luella (Jan '12) Mar '12 Omg 2
'Cats survive OT to repeat as champs (Dec '11) Dec '11 so what 5
More from around the web