Bowie High School basketball team off to rolling start

Full story: El Paso Times
It was just a couple years ago that all coach Peter Morales and his Bowie High School basketball squad could muster was six wins -- for the entire year. Full Story
really

United States

#1 Nov 25, 2009
This is a very good Bowie team. Morales has also done a great job. 1-4A ought to be a great "dogfight". Andress, Chapin, Austin, Irvin...all good teams this year. They are all loaded. We are going to see some great battles with no clear favorite as of now. What a great year.
BOWIEOSO

El Paso, TX

#2 Nov 26, 2009
Way to go BEARS!!!!
Shades of Nolan's BEAR teams of the 70's, at Bowie?
Big Daddy from Big D

Barnesville, OH

#3 Nov 30, 2009
Watch how the Dallas team wins the tournament this weekend. Watch how they destroy El Dorado! These are the type of teams you have to beat. El Paso talent is watered down, the people in EP want to think that ep has top talent when it is just not so. If Dallas Lincoln wins like Duncanville last year, then you know what I am saying is fact. But Go Bears anyway!
really

United States

#4 Dec 2, 2009
Big Daddy from Big D wrote:
Watch how the Dallas team wins the tournament this weekend. Watch how they destroy El Dorado! These are the type of teams you have to beat. El Paso talent is watered down, the people in EP want to think that ep has top talent when it is just not so. If Dallas Lincoln wins like Duncanville last year, then you know what I am saying is fact. But Go Bears anyway!
I have coached on the DI level and sent players to DI. There is talent here...not all in one place.
CH R 15

El Paso, TX

#5 Dec 5, 2009
Big Daddy from Big D wrote:
Just because teams in dallas and other places of texas have taller players doesn´t mean they are better, yeah, the hight here in EP is short, but these guys are fast, short but fast, I´m tellin´ U, U should see it 4 yaself

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

High School Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tili-Young assault case goes to jury (Oct '10) Oct '14 Believe it 42
Three acquitted in videotaped 2009 beating of J... (Oct '10) Oct '14 Vallejo 707 126
The Real Dallas Cowboys Defense Will Show Itsel... Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 18
Coach fired after arrest for alleged lewd conduct Sep '14 Shocked 1
Run the Ball; Make Army Throw Sep '14 saboflange 1
aau coach larry butler is a scam artist (Jan '07) Sep '14 Garrett 13
Comfort's Toot accepts coaching job at Cuero (Jun '09) Aug '14 Ruined 12

High School Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE