Bowie High School basketball team off...

Bowie High School basketball team off to rolling start

There are 5 comments on the El Paso Times story from Nov 25, 2009, titled Bowie High School basketball team off to rolling start. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

It was just a couple years ago that all coach Peter Morales and his Bowie High School basketball squad could muster was six wins -- for the entire year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

really

Seminole, FL

#1 Nov 25, 2009
This is a very good Bowie team. Morales has also done a great job. 1-4A ought to be a great "dogfight". Andress, Chapin, Austin, Irvin...all good teams this year. They are all loaded. We are going to see some great battles with no clear favorite as of now. What a great year.
BOWIEOSO

El Paso, TX

#2 Nov 26, 2009
Way to go BEARS!!!!
Shades of Nolan's BEAR teams of the 70's, at Bowie?
Big Daddy from Big D

United States

#3 Nov 30, 2009
Watch how the Dallas team wins the tournament this weekend. Watch how they destroy El Dorado! These are the type of teams you have to beat. El Paso talent is watered down, the people in EP want to think that ep has top talent when it is just not so. If Dallas Lincoln wins like Duncanville last year, then you know what I am saying is fact. But Go Bears anyway!
really

Seminole, FL

#4 Dec 2, 2009
Big Daddy from Big D wrote:
Watch how the Dallas team wins the tournament this weekend. Watch how they destroy El Dorado! These are the type of teams you have to beat. El Paso talent is watered down, the people in EP want to think that ep has top talent when it is just not so. If Dallas Lincoln wins like Duncanville last year, then you know what I am saying is fact. But Go Bears anyway!
I have coached on the DI level and sent players to DI. There is talent here...not all in one place.
CH R 15

El Paso, TX

#5 Dec 5, 2009
Big Daddy from Big D wrote:
Just because teams in dallas and other places of texas have taller players doesn´t mean they are better, yeah, the hight here in EP is short, but these guys are fast, short but fast, I´m tellin´ U, U should see it 4 yaself

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

High School Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mother of Alleged Hazing Victim Speaks Out (Oct '07) Nov 17 Donna 73
News Hibbing Pitcher With Strong Baseball Legacy Lea... (Jun '17) Jun '17 Christsharian Dee... 1
News Former Basketball Coach Convicted of Child Anno... (Feb '08) Jun '17 Sophia 449
News Calloway the favorite for district, region titles (Dec '14) Mar '17 Ugh 7
Bernard Toone (Mar '09) Mar '17 Adrian Lowery 46
High School basketball - Do JV points count tow... (Dec '11) Feb '17 Ron Apotherker 2
News Richmond Senior boys, girls lose in TV debut (Jan '17) Jan '17 MAMAS BABY NBA MAYBE 1
More from around the web