Ex-Capital coach didn't get OK for ho...

Ex-Capital coach didn't get OK for hoops-camp trip, district says

There are 2 comments on the The Olympian story from Aug 23, 2012, titled Ex-Capital coach didn't get OK for hoops-camp trip, district says. In it, The Olympian reports that:

The Capital High School boys basketball coach was stripped of some duties partly because didn't get approval for a trip during which students allegedly were involved in a sexual incident, according to the Olympia School District.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Olympian.

Scott Schwitzer

Port Orchard, WA

#1 Aug 24, 2012
In the wake of Sandusky no coach is safe anywhere, I wonder what will be provided by the news when the investigation is over? With that irresponsible bit of lingering 'drama' posed over the top of this article. My understanding is when the coaches became aware of any wrong doing when they weren't present at the time of that wrong doing, they themselves involved the police, I'm glad he kept his job with the school. Do right and get done wrong. Stuff like this will be the death of young people in team sports. If anyone could control all the actions of a high school teenager, there would be no teenage pregnancies, shootings, car accidents, or underage drinking. No different for a coach..........
Sports Man

Seattle, WA

#2 Aug 27, 2012
Great, the guy was nowhere around to monitor the kids and a forced sex scandal breaks out so what do you do?

Let him coach the girls golf team.

I for one would never let me daughter be coached by anyone who was not responsible enough to follow simple district rules and allows these kids to go on trips without proper supervision. Kids are animals these days and they need to be mintored especially if girls are involved in any situation around boys.

This guy should just be fired period especially if there was a situation regarding "forced sex" in ANY form. It's nice to know capitol is going to let this guy continue to work as a coach especially around girls..slap on the wrist *cough**cough*.

As parents we rely on the school district to protect our kids by making sure everyone is accounted for, monitored and protected and when you have situations like this where the boys basketball team can just do as they please with little supervision it's scary and even more so if you are the parent of a daughter.

The problem here is though the coach was guilty of not following the rules and regulations and doing the right thing the boys on this team are to blame as well. Perhaps they need to grow up, be responsible and quit acting like immature pathetic thugs before they all end up in prison 5 years down the road.

Where the heck is the parenting at home?!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

High School Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Conway's Tolefree feels at home in the Farris C... Jun '16 Javon 1
News Three acquitted in videotaped 2009 beating of J... (Oct '10) May '16 we out here hoe 133
News Kings vs. Thunder Preview: The Kings' time at S... Apr '16 SportsPickoftheDa... 1
News This Desert Oasis basketball player gives us a ... Feb '16 puke blog 1
News Kamiakin basketball player continues family tra... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Ray Stein 1
News High school basketball: IHC downs Watertown in ... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Nickjohn 1
News Boys Basketball preview, 2015-16: Greater Middl... (Jan '16) Jan '16 joe 1
More from around the web