wisdom tooth operation complications

wisdom tooth operation complications

Posted in the Wisdom Teeth Forum

unluckypatient

Erie, PA

#1 Jul 17, 2011
I got my teeth out 4 months ago and I got 2 food impactions. So my surgeon gave me a syringe to flush out the sockets. We found out I had a path from my socket to a pocket in my cheek where blood from excess bleeding was draining to. Everytime I would flush my bottom left socket out with mouth wash, my cheek would inflate. Eventually the path healed shut, but all of the left over blood got stuck there and got infected. I had a huge golf ball sized infection jutting out of my face in a matter of days. The surgeon poked a hole in the inside of my cheek and basically vacuumed out all of the pus. The infection kept coming back and I had to keep going back to the doctors every week to get it drained. Finally a plastic surgeon drained it from the outside of my cheek and he found a piece of left over tooth inside! Apparently my surgeon left a piece of wisdom tooth in my socket and it also drained down into my cheek. Finally after 4 months it does not hurt any more, but the tissue inside of my face is scarred. So I've had a purple circle on my cheek that looks like a bruise for almost 5 months now and I have to keep going to the plastic surgeon for laser treatments and stuff :(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wisdom Teeth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Republican Sossa-Paquette to challenge McGovern... Sep 21 family guy reference 2
Hole in gum after wisdom teeth extraction (Jul '08) Sep 13 Carlos 899
News West Kelowna water advisory in Lakeview system Sep 10 Joe 1
News Republican agenda threatened by Trump-McConnell... Aug 25 WasteWater 1
My Wisdom Teeth are coming out and I'm 12!!! (Nov '09) Aug '17 Jelly_Spider 190
Wisdom Teeth Record (Jul '06) Jul '17 Mr Hucer 63
News Dr. Deren Flesher Named 2017 Top Patient Rated ... Jul '17 hohoho 1
More from around the web