Misinformation & Manufactured Myths

Misinformation & Manufactured Myths

There are 11 comments on the The Big Picture story from Sep 23, 2012, titled Misinformation & Manufactured Myths. In it, The Big Picture reports that:

"The widespread prevalence and persistence of misinformation in contemporary societies, such as the false belief that there is a link between childhood vaccinations and autism, is a matter of public concern.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Big Picture.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#1 Sep 23, 2012
"For example, the myths surrounding vaccinations, which prompted some parents to withhold immunization from their children, have led to a marked increase in vaccine-preventable disease, as well as unnecessary public expenditure on research and public-information campaigns aimed at rectifying the situation"

There's no denying that although people choose not to vaccinate, it's done nothing to drop the rates of autism. All it's done is increase the rates of childhood diseases. That alone just about confirms a myth.
Garbage

Winnipeg, Canada

#2 Sep 23, 2012
friend wrote:
"For example, the myths surrounding vaccinations, which prompted some parents to withhold immunization from their children, have led to a marked increase in vaccine-preventable disease, as well as unnecessary public expenditure on research and public-information campaigns aimed at rectifying the situation"
There's no denying that although people choose not to vaccinate, it's done nothing to drop the rates of autism. All it's done is increase the rates of childhood diseases. That alone just about confirms a myth.
Crapola.

Location hidden

#4 Sep 23, 2012
Well, when you can show with all those thousands and thousands and thousands of people rejecting vaccines results in lower autism rates, you just come on back with the study which shows it. Until then, I'll take your comment as you got zilch evidence to prove not vaccinating does anything to lower the autism rates.

Location hidden

#5 Sep 23, 2012
Worst measles outbreak in 10 years hits NSW
http://www.medicalobserver.com.au/news/worst-...
Duh Moment

Winnipeg, Canada

#6 Sep 24, 2012
friend wrote:
Worst measles outbreak in 10 years hits NSW
http://www.medicalobserver.com.au/news/worst-...
So the poor undernourished natives are sick. But no deaths reported. Very scary...

Location hidden

#7 Sep 25, 2012
Pertussis Outbreak May Be Worst in 50 Years, CDC Says

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/pertussis-outbre...
Vaccinosis

Winnipeg, Canada

#8 Sep 25, 2012
friend wrote:
Pertussis Outbreak May Be Worst in 50 Years, CDC Says
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/pertussis-outbre...
Great FEAR-MONGERING. Now find something on vaccine side effects.

Location hidden

#9 Sep 25, 2012
It cant be fear mongering if the information can be validated. The pertussis cases are validated.
Nice try.
Regressive Sporadic ASD

Winnipeg, Canada

#10 Sep 25, 2012
It can be depending who says it and why.

Location hidden

#11 Sep 25, 2012
Silly me, I forgot Pharma is paying off every parent to claim their children had measles and pertussis.
Regressive Sporadic ASD

Winnipeg, Canada

#12 Sep 25, 2012
friend wrote:
Silly me, I forgot Pharma is paying off every parent to claim their children had measles and pertussis.
Don't you mean DUH?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vaccinations Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should we be vaccinating our children? 3 hr Twinmomma 11
News Flu vaccine still recommended for pregnant wome... Sep 16 vinucube 2
News Flu season approaching, vaccinations are arriving Sep 15 nancidirect 2
News FDA advisors give a thumbs-up to GlaxoSmithKlin... Sep 14 CONFLICT of INTEREST 1
Pro-Vaxxers that are 65+ Sep 11 Anonymous 1
News Vaccination now scientifically linked to learni... Sep 8 friend 2
News In metro area, 90 percent of parents vaccinate ... Sep 8 friend 6
More from around the web