Getting to know H. pylori

Getting to know H. pylori

There are 25 comments on the The Star Online story from Jan 26, 2008, titled Getting to know H. pylori. In it, The Star Online reports that:

SINCE its "discovery" in 1982 by Prof Barry Marshall and Dr Robin Warren, H. pylori has been extensively researched. via The Star Online

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Star Online.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ina

Colton, CA

#1 Jan 29, 2008
I was diagnosed with the H.pylori years ago and know I received it from food poisoning. Was told to live with it at the time.
The only symptons I have is irritable bowel syndrome. My questions are: what other symptons can occur and very importantly, what health stores sell Matula tea and Mastic Gum or can you get these remedies online only?And can you mix both together, drink tea and use mastic gum together. Anyone can verify any of it or guide me what stores I can go to to obtain these products.
Elisa

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Jan 30, 2008
Hi Ina,
I have been using mastic gum for about 4 weeks now, I'm going to be purchasing my second bottle soon. I have been feeling a lot better compared to what I was before! You can get mastic gum in most health stores such as VitaminShoppe, however, the only place I saw matula tea was online and its rather expensive. You should be able to take them together since they are both natural remedies, its what I might do as well but always check with a healthcare provider first. Hope this info helps!
Ina

Colton, CA

#3 Jan 30, 2008
Elisa, thanks so much for your info.
I have little symptons compared to what I can read from other posters.heir symptons getting better or worse again but, once symptons are gone, is this a sure sign that the H pylori is gone too.
Mine was found not thru a blood test but a stomach test, you know where they put a tube down your esophagus. Since I know how resilient this bacteria is, I am kinda hesitant to believe that the H pylori is gone for good if it doesn't show up anymore in a blood test. They say you even can get it and also give it thru kissing,is there any hope to get a permanent solution with this terrible bacteria and has anyone an experience where they contracted the H pylori thru kissing?
It is scary to know you may can give it to a loved one this way and also can be reinfected again from your partner whom you infected before you had the medicine. That's maybe why people don't get better. It's a cold shot but worthwhile considering if the 'kissing infecting' is true at all. How I hate this H.pylori...
Jeanette

Panama City, FL

#4 Apr 26, 2008
My dad, ninety two years of age, drank matula tea and his symptoms started disappearing. Prior to drinking the tea, he didn't want to do anything, plus, had lots of gas, bloating, upset stomach.
He just wanted to stay home. About two weeks on the tea changed everything for the better.
He didn't stay in bed any longer, got up and out of the house, felt so much better. It worked for him!! He also ordered a second round of treatment, doing fine. All of this took place over a year ago. He is very active, stays busy, enjoying life.
Pauline

Merstham, UK

#5 Apr 30, 2008
Hi Jeanette, I have been reading so much about Matula tea, I wonder if you could let me know if it is available in this country or if it is only available in the U.S. It is nice to hear that your dad is benefitting from this. Many thanks. Pauline
Jeanette wrote:
My dad, ninety two years of age, drank matula tea and his symptoms started disappearing. Prior to drinking the tea, he didn't want to do anything, plus, had lots of gas, bloating, upset stomach.
He just wanted to stay home. About two weeks on the tea changed everything for the better.
He didn't stay in bed any longer, got up and out of the house, felt so much better. It worked for him!! He also ordered a second round of treatment, doing fine. All of this took place over a year ago. He is very active, stays busy, enjoying life.
Tracey

Burnaby, Canada

#6 Mar 22, 2009
I am at my wits end and am hoping that Matula tea will be the help I need. I am suffering from acid reflux, and recently was treated for H-Pylori. I have had 4 different medicines since x-mas-(right now I am on prevacid) with none of them helping the problem. This tea is a last shot for me, however since it is so expensive I want to make sure that it works before I spend the money. Can anyone help?? I just want my normal life back
Thanks for the help
amalitsa

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Feb 21, 2010
Tracey wrote:
I am at my wits end and am hoping that Matula tea will be the help I need. I am suffering from acid reflux, and recently was treated for H-Pylori. I have had 4 different medicines since x-mas-(right now I am on prevacid) with none of them helping the problem. This tea is a last shot for me, however since it is so expensive I want to make sure that it works before I spend the money. Can anyone help?? I just want my normal life back
Thanks for the help
I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF MUTULA TEA IS FOR REAL AND IF IT REALLY WORKS ....DUE TO THE FACT THAT ITS SO EXPENSIVE ....ALSO I HAVE HEARD GOOD THINGS AND BAD THINGS ABOUT IT CAN YOU FIND OUT AND LET ME KNOW THANK YOU
AMALITSA
amalitsa

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Feb 21, 2010
BOOK TO GET :
RESTORING YOUR DIGESTIVE HEALTH BY JORDIN RUBIN MD

HOME CURE FOR H PYLORI FOR 2 MONTHS

STICK TO ALKALINE FOODS
ASK FOR A ....CA 125 BLOOD TEST
GET YOUR PH BALANCE TESTED TO MAKE SURE YOUR ACID IN YOUR BODY IS NOT TO HIGH
HIGH AMOUNT OF ACID FOODS OR FOODS THAT TURN TO ACID MAKE A HOME FOR PARASITES AND OR INFECTION BACTRIA AND CANCER CAUSING AGENTS

VITAMIN C 1000 MG WHOLE FOODS
VITAMIN E GOOD FOR HEART DISEASE WHOLE FOODS
MILK OF MAGNESIUM WHOLE FOODS

KRILL OIL BETTER THAN OMEGA 3 VITAMIN'S
MANUKA HONEY 16 PLUS WHOLE FOODS $22.00
GARDEN OF LIFE PRIMAL DEFENSE ULTRA $24.99 WHOLE FOODS
MASTIC GUM 1000 MG HARD TO FIND
OMEGA BRIGHT ON LINE
MONOLAURIN 1200 MG ON LINE
HPLRK32 ON LINE
THURA ALOE JUICE ON LINE
MAGNESIUM 200 MG $22.00 WHOLE FOODS
GRAPE SEED EXTRACT 12O MG $20.00 WHOLE FOODS
L.GLUTAMINE HIGHEST POTENCY $20.00 WHOLE FOODS
GINGER LIQUID $15.00 WHOLE FOODS
FENNEL TEA ON LINE HELPS WITH CONSTIPATION
EXTRA VIRGIN PINE OIL ON LINE
BLACK STRAP MOLASSES $4.00 WHOLE FOODS

FOODS TO EAT
ALL ORGANIC ONLY!
BLUEBERRY
KIWI
SWEET POTATO'S
OLIVES
AVOCADO'S
BANANAS
LETTUCE
FRESH SALMON
CAPERS
SOY CHEESE
ALMONDS
POMEGRANATE
ARTICHOKES
PURPLE GRAPES
BROCCOLI
TOMATOES
A list of Acid / Alkaline Forming Foods

Alkaline Forming Foods
VEGETABLES
Garlic
Asparagus
Fermented Veggies
Watercress
Beets
Broccoli
Brussel sprouts
Cabbage
Carrot
Cauliflower
Celery
Chard
Chlorella
Collard Greens
Cucumber
Eggplant
Kale
Kohlrabi
Lettuce
Mushrooms
Mustard Greens
Dulce
Dandelions
Edible Flowers
Onions
Parsnips (high glycemic)
Peas
Peppers
Pumpkin
Rutabaga
Sea Veggies
Spirulina
Sprouts
Squashes
Alfalfa
Barley Grass
Wheat Grass
Wild Greens
Nightshade Veggies
FRUITS
Apple
Apricot
Avocado
Banana (high glycemic)
Cantaloupe
Cherries
Currants
Dates/Figs
Grapes
Grapefruit
Lime
Honeydew Melon
Nectarine
Orange
Lemon
Peach
Pear
Pineapple
All Berries
Tangerine
Tomato
Tropical Fruits
Watermelon

PROTEIN
Eggs (poached)
Whey Protein Powder
Cottage Cheese
Chicken Breast
Yogurt
Almonds
Chestnuts
Tofu (fermented)
Flax Seeds
Pumpkin Seeds
Tempeh (fermented)
Squash Seeds
Sunflower Seeds
Millet
Sprouted Seeds
Nuts OTHER
Apple Cider Vinegar
Bee Pollen
Lecithin Granules
Probiotic Cultures
Green Juices
Veggies Juices
Fresh Fruit Juice
Organic Milk
(unpasteurized)
Mineral Water
Alkaline Antioxidant Water
Green Tea
Herbal Tea
Dandelion Tea
Ginseng Tea
Banchi Tea
Kombucha

SWEETENERS
Stevia
Ki Sweet

SPICES/SEASONINGS
Cinnamon
Curry
Ginger
Mustard
Chili Pepper
Sea Salt
Miso
Tamari
All Herbs

ORIENTAL VEGETABLES
Maitake
Daikon
Dandelion Root
Shitake
Kombu
Reishi
Nori
Umeboshi
Wakame
Sea Veggies
Acid Forming Foods
FATS & OILS
Avocado Oil
Canola Oil
Corn Oil
Hemp Seed Oil
Flax Oil
Lard
Olive Oil
Safflower Oil
Sesame Oil
Sunflower Oil

FRUITS
Cranberries

GRAINS
Rice Cakes
Wheat Cakes
Amaranth
Barley
Buckwheat
Corn
Oats (rolled)
Quinoa
Rice (all)
Rye
Spelt
Kamut
Wheat
Hemp Seed Flour

DAIRY
Cheese, Cow
Cheese, Goat
Cheese, Processed
Cheese, Sheep
Milk
Butter NUTS & BUTTERS
Cashews
Brazil Nuts
Peanuts
Peanut Butter
Pecans
Tahini
Walnuts

ANIMAL PROTEIN
Beef
Carp
Clams
Fish
Lamb
Lobster
Mussels
Oyster
Pork
Rabbit
Salmon
Shrimp
Scallops
Tuna
Turkey
Venison

PASTA (WHITE)
Noodles
Macaroni
Spaghetti

OTHER
Distilled Vinegar
Wheat Germ
Potatoes DRUGS & CHEMICALS
Aspartame
Chemicals
Drugs, Medicinal
Drugs, Psychedelic
Pesticides
Herbicides

ALCOHOL
Beer
Spirits
Hard Liquor
Wine

BEANS & LEGUMES
Black Beans
Chick Peas
Green Peas
Kidney Beans
Lentils
Lima Beans
Pinto Beans
Red Beans
Soy Beans
Soy Milk
White Beans
Rice Milk
Almond Milk

amalitsa

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Feb 21, 2010
BOOK TO GET :
RESTORING YOUR DIGESTIVE HEALTH BY JORDIN RUBIN MD BORDERS OR ON LINE
HOME CURE FOR H PYLORI TAKES ABOUT 2 1/2 MONTHS AND IT WILL BE GONE
STICK TO ALKALINE FOODS
ASK FOR A ....CA 125 BLOOD TEST TO MAKE SURE ITS GONE AND STOLE ESTOGINE TEST
GET YOUR PH BALANCE TESTED TO MAKE SURE YOUR ACID IN YOUR BODY IS NOT TO HIGH
HIGH AMOUNT OF ACID FOODS OR FOODS THAT TURN TO ACID MAKE A HOME FOR PARASITES AND OR INFECTION BACTRIA AND CANCER CAUSING AGENTS
VITAMIN C 1000 MG WHOLE FOODS
VITAMIN E GOOD FOR HEART DISEASE WHOLE FOODS
MILK OF MAGNESIUM WHOLE FOODS HELPS YOU GO # 2
KRILL OIL BETTER THAN OMEGA 3 VITAMIN'S
MANUKA HONEY 16 PLUS WHOLE FOODS $22.00
GARDEN OF LIFE PRIMAL DEFENSE ULTRA $24.99 WHOLE FOODS
MASTIC GUM 1000 MG HEALTH STORE OR ON LINE
OMEGA BRIGHT ON LINE
MONOLAURIN 1200 MG ON LINE
HPLRK32 ON LINE
THURA ALOE JUICE HEALTH STORE
MAGNESIUM 200 MG $22.00 WHOLE FOODS
GRAPE SEED EXTRACT 12O MG $20.00 WHOLE FOODS
L.GLUTAMINE HIGHEST POTENCY $20.00 WHOLE FOODS
GINGER LIQUID $15.00 WHOLE FOODS
FENNEL TEA HELPS YOU TO GO # 2
EXTRA VIRGIN PINE OIL HEALTH STORE 2TBLS DAILY TILL H PYLORI GONE
BLACK STRAP MOLASSES $4.00 WHOLE FOODS
FOODS TO EAT
ALL ORGANIC ONLY!
BLUEBERRY
KIWI
SWEET POTATO'S
OLIVES
AVOCADO'S
BANANAS
LETTUCE
FRESH SALMON
CAPERS
SOY CHEESE
ALMONDS
POMEGRANATE
ARTICHOKES
PURPLE GRAPES
BROCCOLI
TOMATOES
amalitsa

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Feb 21, 2010
Acid Forming Foods
FATS & OILS
Avocado Oil
Canola Oil
Corn Oil
Hemp Seed Oil
Flax Oil
Lard
Olive Oil
Safflower Oil
Sesame Oil
Sunflower Oil
FRUITS
Cranberries
GRAINS
Rice Cakes
Wheat Cakes
Amaranth
Barley
Buckwheat
Corn
Oats (rolled)
Quinoa
Rice (all)
Rye
Spelt
Kamut
Wheat
Hemp Seed Flour
DAIRY
Cheese, Cow
Cheese, Goat
Cheese, Processed
Cheese, Sheep
Milk
Butter NUTS & BUTTERS
Cashews
Brazil Nuts
Peanuts
Peanut Butter
Pecans
Tahini
Walnuts
ANIMAL PROTEIN
Beef
Carp
Clams
Fish
Lamb
Lobster
Mussels
Oyster
Pork
Rabbit
Salmon
Shrimp
Scallops
Tuna
Turkey
Venison
PASTA (WHITE)
Noodles
Macaroni
Spaghetti
OTHER
Distilled Vinegar
Wheat Germ
Potatoes DRUGS & CHEMICALS
Aspartame
Chemicals
Drugs, Medicinal
Drugs, Psychedelic
Pesticides
Herbicides
ALCOHOL
Beer
Spirits
Hard Liquor
Wine
BEANS & LEGUMES
Black Beans
Chick Peas
Green Peas
Kidney Beans
Lentils
Lima Beans
Pinto Beans
Red Beans
Soy Beans
Soy Milk
White Beans
Rice Milk
Almond Milk
amalitsa

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Feb 21, 2010
list of / Alkaline Forming Foods

Alkaline Forming Foods
VEGETABLES
Garlic
Asparagus
Fermented Veggies
Watercress
Beets
Broccoli
Brussel sprouts
Cabbage
Carrot
Cauliflower
Celery
Chard
Chlorella
Collard Greens
Cucumber
Eggplant
Kale
Kohlrabi
Lettuce
Mushrooms
Mustard Greens
Dulce
Dandelions
Edible Flowers
Onions
Parsnips (high glycemic)
Peas
Peppers
Pumpkin
Rutabaga
Sea Veggies
Spirulina
Sprouts
Squashes
Alfalfa
Barley Grass
Wheat Grass
Wild Greens
Nightshade Veggies
FRUITS
Apple
Apricot
Avocado
Banana (high glycemic)
Cantaloupe
Cherries
Currants
Dates/Figs
Grapes
Grapefruit
Lime
Honeydew Melon
Nectarine
Orange
Lemon
Peach
Pear
Pineapple
All Berries
Tangerine
Tomato
Tropical Fruits
Watermelon

PROTEIN
Eggs (poached)
Whey Protein Powder
Cottage Cheese
Chicken Breast
Yogurt
Almonds
Chestnuts
Tofu (fermented)
Flax Seeds
Pumpkin Seeds
Tempeh (fermented)
Squash Seeds
Sunflower Seeds
Millet
Sprouted Seeds
Nuts OTHER
Apple Cider Vinegar
Bee Pollen
Lecithin Granules
Probiotic Cultures
Green Juices
Veggies Juices
Fresh Fruit Juice
Organic Milk
(unpasteurized)
Mineral Water
Alkaline Antioxidant Water
Green Tea
Herbal Tea
Dandelion Tea
Ginseng Tea
Banchi Tea
Kombucha

SWEETENERS
Stevia
Ki Sweet

SPICES/SEASONINGS
Cinnamon
Curry
Ginger
Mustard
Chili Pepper
Sea Salt
Miso
Tamari
All Herbs

ORIENTAL VEGETABLES
Maitake
Daikon
Dandelion Root
Shitake
Kombu
Reishi
Nori
Umeboshi
Wakame
Sea Veggies
AMALITSA

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Mar 16, 2010
SEE H PYLORI LIVES IN AN ACID STOMACH TAKE AWAY THE ACID TAKE WAY THE H PYLORI THAT'S HOW IT WORKS TRY THE IDEAS WITH THE HOMEOPATHY LIST OF THINGS I HAVE PROVIDED THEY SHOULD WORK IF YOU STICK WITH IT FOR OVER 2-3 MONTH YOUR OTHER OPTIONS ARE TRIPLE THERAPY AND IT HAS HORRIBLE REVIEWS ANY QUESTIONS YOU CAN EMAIL ME @ [email protected]

Just eat from the list I have provided stay away from high alkaline foods and dairy and acid foods during this period also sugar creates acid so avoid it.. for 3 months until its gone..
Happycat

London, UK

#13 Mar 19, 2010
Hi Amalitsa.
The alcaline diet that you talked about has some health benefits, I agree, but bear in mind that stomach acidity and the overall body acidity are 2 different things.
The fact that some foods are alcaline means that their ph AFTER they have been digested is low, making the body alcaline. Eating alcaline foods results in a more alcaline body which is good for your health and not an alcaline/low acid stomach.
''take away the acid - take away the h pylori''- well, I would say that is not how it works.
Happycat

London, UK

#14 Mar 19, 2010
Apologies, i meant to say: The fact that some foods are alcaline means that their ph AFTER they have been digested is high, making the body alcaline.
Ena

Worcester, MA

#15 Dec 4, 2011
Hi :)

Could any one tell me please ,- Is SOY MILK ok to drink when you have a H-polory Bacteria
Monica

Hollywood, FL

#16 Jul 17, 2012
My boyfriend was recently diagnosed with H Pylori. After 6+ months of suffering he finally considered his symptoms something serious. We went to a clinic where they did a stool sample test and confirmed the population of the bacteria. He was prescribed antibiotics (amoxicillin and clarithromycin) in addition to the over the counter omeprazole. About 2 weeks after the treatment the symptoms came back with vengeance. I started him on aloe vera juice and green superfood power supplement. Itís been two weeks now of a shot glass of aloe vera juice (morning and night) and 1 serving of the green superfood powder supplement. He went from gagging, nausea, throwing up and acid to absolutely no symptoms. We are still testing this out, hoping that this will be the cure all. Even if itís not the cure it sure has eliminated the agony for the past couple weeks.

Since: Oct 11

Kingstown, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

#17 Aug 11, 2012
AMALITSA wrote:
SEE H PYLORI LIVES IN AN ACID STOMACH TAKE AWAY THE ACID TAKE WAY THE H PYLORI THAT'S HOW IT WORKS TRY THE IDEAS WITH THE HOMEOPATHY LIST OF THINGS I HAVE PROVIDED THEY SHOULD WORK IF YOU STICK WITH IT FOR OVER 2-3 MONTH YOUR OTHER OPTIONS ARE TRIPLE THERAPY AND IT HAS HORRIBLE REVIEWS ANY QUESTIONS YOU CAN EMAIL ME @ [email protected]
Just eat from the list I have provided stay away from high alkaline foods and dairy and acid foods during this period also sugar creates acid so avoid it.. for 3 months until its gone..
I also told someone on this forum that h pylori thrives on acid, but they seem to believe it is the other way around. As far as my research has revealed h pylori feeds off acid and that's why it targets the acid-producing cells. The more acid is generated in the body during the infection is the more the bacteria grows and colonizes. That's why during anti-biotic treatment they always give you an ACID REDUCER to make the treatment more effective since it lowers the acid in your stomach and make the bacteria more vulnerable to the anti-biotics. They do not ever give anti-biotics without the acid-reducer.
Sam

UK

#18 Aug 28, 2012
For what it's worth it's my understanding that h pylori reduces acidity in the stomach and that's a bad thing overall (less effective breakdown of foods).

The acid reducing drugs are given to allow an ulcer to heal more rapidly. I'm pretty sure I got this from the guy who won the Nobel prize for his research (Marshall).

Since: Oct 11

Kingstown, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

#19 Aug 28, 2012
Sam wrote:
For what it's worth it's my understanding that h pylori reduces acidity in the stomach and that's a bad thing overall (less effective breakdown of foods).
The acid reducing drugs are given to allow an ulcer to heal more rapidly. I'm pretty sure I got this from the guy who won the Nobel prize for his research (Marshall).
Yes it reduces the acidity if it is there for a very long time, but when I say it thrives on acid , I mean that the infection spreads and grows when you feed it with foods that are known to stir up your acid production. So when you eat junk and fats and spices these foods require a high acid level to be broken down and that's the kind of food that h pylori loves. If you read about a stomach that produces no acid you will discover that in such a stomach h pylori not be able to survive in an achlorhydric stomach. It needs acid to grow but after a time by feeding off the acid for so long, by excessive inflammation and irritation to the stomach, the acid cells cannot withstand the prolonged inflammation so eventually they get destroyed and no longer function that well so the acidity in the stomach is reduced. That is why they give acid reducers with the anti-biotic so that the antibiotic can have a suitable environment to kill the bacteria. I have never known them to give anti-biotics without the reducer and it worked.
alex

United States

#20 Nov 18, 2012
Hello everyone my first symptoms was on a saturday night I'm embarrass to say but I farted and diarreah came out so change underware and again the samething happend so then came Sunday morning I ate breakfast and a couple of hours past by and I started feeling back aches and severe stomach pains with burning sensation I thought I just needed some zantac 150mg to reduce the acidic so to much pain I just went to sleep and on monday morning went to work and I stoped at a gas station to buy pepcid ac but my symptoms got worst evetytime I would eat the pain was severe I told my manager I dont feel good so I went to my doctor and he prescribed the same pills I bought at a local gas station it did not work so while working again same severe pain so I rushed to the emergency room and they prescribe me Nexium so I assumed I will be alright now but It wasnt like that so again severe pain so once I got home I told my sister about my condition since she is a doctor and she told me a have a bug so I'm like what a bug omg how did I get that so the next day I had an appointment with my doctor and I told him about the h.pylori and they took some blood and took it to the lab and was diagnose with this thing I hate it made me suffer in pain now I can't eat all the things I love because of this bacteria I wouldnt want anyone to contract this evil bacteria now I'm taking antibiotics and prevacid it is helping me battle this stubborn bacteria I have to eat right to kill this thing eat your veggies wich do not contain to much acid just eat healthy until you get retested again with gods help and praying we will get rid off this bacteria I'm not completely glad cause I'm just in about a week of taking the antibiotics and prevacid I just hope I could be myself again and I hope doctors will find a vaccine to attack this virus directly instead of changing your life drasticly

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ulcer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Antibiotics are still the treatment of choice f... (Dec '07) Jul 13 AnyaKing 219
long term viagra use? does it stop working? (Apr '16) Apr '16 Owen 1
News 2016 Wheelchair Cushion Showcase (Sep '15) Sep '15 cpxc2 1
News It could be a stomach ulcer (Jul '10) Mar '14 Robert 9
News Topical Treatment of Hypertensive Leg Ulcers Wi... (Aug '13) Mar '14 Ryan 3
News Cytotec: Ulcer Treatment or Abortion Pill? (May '12) Mar '14 Ryan 6
News Alternative Medicines for Ulcers (Dec '12) Dec '12 Jason Mangrum 1
More from around the web