Walgreen Co. begins seasonal flu vaccine push

Aug 8, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chicago Tribune

Walgreen Co. begins seasonal flu vaccine push , Deerfield-based Walgreen Co. , the largest drugstore chain in the U.S., said Monday it is now offering seasonal flu vaccinations at all of its stores during pharmacy and clinic hours.

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Nov 13, 2011
bobbyjo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 10, 2011
 
No one is going to pay $31.99 for a flu shot when they can go to a competitor and pay $10 less or go to health dept. and get one at no cost. Very few insurances pay for them at the retail pharmacy level.
mike

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 11, 2011
 

Judged:

1

i agree, why did they change to $31.99; just leave at $29.99...the greed is going to cost them tons of flu shots especially in this economy.
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 9, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Walgreen is not part of a "PUSH" its only offering them. Big difference. The title is trying to influence readers with a fraudulent headline.
nancy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 10, 2011
 
Wag could kiss my white a--------s. I got 3199 needels I can push up DM a--------s and if he can't handel it. Bring Greg down to my store he can. Since he screwed up so many employees he know how does it feel.
Diane

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 11, 2011
 
nancy wrote:
Wag could kiss my white a--------s. I got 3199 needels I can push up DM a--------s and if he can't handel it. Bring Greg down to my store he can. Since he screwed up so many employees he know how does it feel.
You go, Girl!!
Diane

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 11, 2011
 
FBOMBER wrote:
Walgreen is not part of a "PUSH" its only offering them. Big difference. The title is trying to influence readers with a fraudulent headline.
Really? Walgreens would push an old lady off the 10th floor for a buck. Are they different in "Canada"?
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 11, 2011
 
Diane wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Walgreens would push an old lady off the 10th floor for a buck. Are they different in "Canada"?
We don't have Walgreens in Canada. I was being critical of the headline that implied Walgreens was pushing vaccines. I say they merely offer them, no one is forced to take them. Bogus headlines are frequently used to coerce people into acting like sheeple.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 12, 2011
 
Perhaps what they are trying to say is Walgreens makes us "push flu shots"? With all the ads in carts, phone answering ..signs everywhere ..ask all if they have had their flu shot.
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 12, 2011
 
TexasOutlaw wrote:
Perhaps what they are trying to say is Walgreens makes us "push flu shots"? With all the ads in carts, phone answering ..signs everywhere ..ask all if they have had their flu shot.
I think this shows that the vaccine is a product. Its marketed with fera mongering and fraud, so I guess Walgreens has no soul, just the typical greed factor. You won't hear a word about injury or paralysis, which is a flu vac side effect.
Diane

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 13, 2011
 
FBOMBER wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this shows that the vaccine is a product. Its marketed with fera mongering and fraud, so I guess Walgreens has no soul, just the typical greed factor. You won't hear a word about injury or paralysis, which is a flu vac side effect.
Sorry about my remark. I agree with you. My bad?
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 13, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Diane wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry about my remark. I agree with you. My bad?
It didn't bother me. I've had worse and given worse. I think we're on the same side anyway.
Diane

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 13, 2011
 
FBOMBER wrote:
<quoted text>
It didn't bother me. I've had worse and given worse. I think we're on the same side anyway.
Right on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••