Good Shepherd to open pediatric rehab...

Good Shepherd to open pediatric rehab center

There are 2 comments on the The Morning Call story from Feb 7, 2009, titled Good Shepherd to open pediatric rehab center. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

In a red brick medical building where Schoenersville Road meets Route 22, the vacant first floor will soon be the Lehigh Valley's first inpatient pediatric unit to treat children with brain and spinal cord ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

The Good Doctor

Allentown, PA

#1 Feb 7, 2009
This is absolutely wonderful news. This area has needed some type of inpatient pediatric unit for disabled children. Congratulations to Good Shepherd and the children in need from the Lehigh Valley!
citizen

AOL

#2 Feb 7, 2009
I think this is totally wonderful for the children who need rehabilitation. I feel it is long overdue for the area. My own 38 year old son went to Good Shepherd, paralyzed from the neck down and now he is walking and I will forever be grateful that his therapist walked into his life and never gave up on him. I do have a fear that the facility will get too big and forget where its roots began. I fear they will lose that closeness they have with every patient and that is part of healing too. I hope they will remember Dr. Raker's motive and actually it all started with handicapped children. I hope Good Shepherd never becomes a big business but stays the institution with a heart that I have come to know it by.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spinal Cord Injuries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best computer headset Oct '17 Robyn C 1
Superman to the rescue Sep '17 kjmullin 1
News Brain-Computer Interface Demonstrates Potential... Sep '17 kjmullin 1
Post Thoracic Spinal Fusion Pain (Mar '10) Aug '17 Mac2584 124
Lumbar curve respone (Mar '17) Mar '17 dpham 1
I show how you still can be a gamer - C6/C7 (Dec '16) Dec '16 Conyboy 1
News New noninvasive treatment enables paralyzed men... (Aug '15) May '16 gabrian 2
More from around the web