First Prev
of 10
Next Last
matt

West Milford, NJ

#1 Feb 8, 2006
I cought a head cold that's driving me insane. my throat is so inflamed i can't swallow without cringing and my breathing is difficult. My nose is stuffed and I can't breath out of it, so I have to breath through my mouth. This results in coughing within 10 seconds. Therefore I can't sleep. I've gotten a total of maybe 9 hours of sleep in the 4 days I've had this. It keeps getting worse and now I have pinkeye. But that's do-able, I just can't take this throat anymore. Is this normal to have such a severe sore throat? what should i do?
Dan

Burlingame, CA

#2 Feb 27, 2006
Matt,
I hope you already got better now but to prevent the sore throat again, I would suggest to drink mangosteen juice.
It has such benefits such as:
Anti-oxidant neutralize free-radicals to stop the damage of the cell
Anti-inflammatory prevents inflammation and stop pains due to inflammation
Anti-biotic, anti-viral, anti-fungal prevents or modulates all infections
Anti-pyretic fever lowering
If you need more information, please contact me dmessah@yahoo.com
Judith

Cambridge, MA

#3 Jun 30, 2006
OMG - I had the same thing at the end of my 4th year of university, with the damn conjunctivitis <pink eye> and everything - and the worst part - its 2 years later.. and I think I have the same damn thing again, except I have managed to avoid the pink eye part. But the throat pain is beyond excruciting, I can't sleep and I feel like the pain on swallowing is radiating into my ear cannals. Help. Help Please. Anyone.
elastos

South Africa

#4 Sep 13, 2006
i have had a sore throat for the past year now and its not going. any one to help please.
bossengineer@yahoo.com
south africa
Joe Berlin

Baltimore, MD

#7 Dec 1, 2006
I'm 14, and I had exactly the same thing but without the pinkeye. I could never sleep, so some nights I would look around the house for something that i thought would relieve the pain. And then i found it. Cucumber is the answer. It provides immediate pain reliefe the second you eat it. If you can't stand cucumber, than add the juice to some sort of light juice and drink it. But make that when you eat cucumber plain you peel it, because the skin is rough and can hurt to swallow. Now when I have a sore throat I just have a bowl of cucumber next to my bed when i go to sleep, and whenever my throat hurts, i take a bite, and then I can sleep.
jennyb

Taunton, MA

#8 Dec 6, 2006
elastos wrote:
i have had a sore throat for the past year now and its not going. any one to help please.
bossengineer@yahoo.com
south africa
Sounds like you are allergic to something. Go get tested.
marleigh

Salisbury, MD

#9 Mar 9, 2007
hi...i am 10 years old!
i have a REALLY bad sore throat and i feel lke i am going to cough up me toncules!!!!!
and i have this back pain that stings really bad!!!

please please help me!!!!!!
marleigh

Salisbury, MD

#10 Mar 12, 2007
omg ,this sore throat is killing me!!!!!!!!

i stiil feel like i am going to cough up my toncules!!!!!!

if you can help me at all please pleas e-mail me

marblecutie333@aim.com
power

Kwun Tong, Hong Kong

#12 May 6, 2007
This is crazy my throat is so swelled up that i can't eat and i can't drink i don' understand what i need to do to get rid of this.
I had strep throat

Los Angeles, CA

#13 May 9, 2007
You neeed to go to the doctor for a strep test performed in under 5 seconds. Most of you sound like you may have strep. If you do have strep antibiotics will help within 24hours. If you do not get proper treatment for strep it will go away on its own, but can lead to rheumatic fever
Ashlee

Gonvick, MN

#14 Jun 5, 2007
I have had this horrible sore throat for about 3 years one side is always swollen and when both sides are swollen i can't swollow i can't sleep i cough all the time... My tonsils have wholes in them and when my tonsils get inflamed there is white stuff everytime i get it it just keeps getting worse... i'm 14 i shouldn't be having these problems can someone please help me...
Ashlee

Gonvick, MN

#15 Jun 7, 2007
YOU GUYZ SHOULD TRY SOME STEROIDS NO DOUBT I GOT THEM AND THEY WORKED THAT NIGHT I GOT THEM ...
amina

London, UK

#16 Jul 24, 2007
i have areally bad sore throat n it's all stingy n i had it within 10 mins in the bed i really need help becase it is getting worse and when u have sore throat u have this realy bad breath!!!!!!!!!!1

(ewwwww) trust me i have had it!
n plz can u help me
Alejandro

United States

#17 Aug 11, 2007
ok i cant sleep and i am posting at 4:00am and i cant sleep one bit,my aunt told me to swallow a clove of garlic and it helps but only for an hour or two i need somthign that could help me sleep at night thank you
billy

Jefferson, GA

#18 Nov 3, 2007
i am havin realy BAD throat PAIN feel's like there is golf ball's in my throat and im getting very bad sharp pain's in my back what should i do?
Bethany

Wolf Point, MT

#19 Dec 6, 2007
i have a really bad sore throat and can barely swallow and i have only had it for 4 days but it still really hurts and i have alot of mucus that i keep coughing up. and everytime i cough it feels like i am trying to cough up a huge ball it really hurts. I am 14 and a girl.

Please help me email me @ bunnyboo939@yahoo.com
jaken

Miami, FL

#20 Dec 14, 2007
i have a very bad sore throat and i just gargled some warm salt water and it didn't help alot but it helped give it a try for some relief
joe

Boca Raton, FL

#21 Dec 27, 2007
everyone here should just see a doctor and stop waiting for answers from the internet. a doctor can examine you and really tell you what to do to relieve your symptoms/get you better
ANGELA

Los Angeles, CA

#22 Feb 26, 2008
you guyz shud try eating pickles... helped me>.>
chew it a lot, so wen u swallow it wont hurt your throat...
and i wud suggest not to take soar throat drops(candy)
that makes it way worse!!!
if the pickles dont work
get a lemon, smush it whole, dont peel off the skin
just smush it. add it in a cup. and add some honey on it
mix it and eat it with a spoon
it will taste really bad, but as soon as your done, till night. im sure the pain would go away
Lola

Concord, MA

#23 Mar 5, 2008
I have a very bas sore throat and I can't swallow or breathe please please please please please please please please please help me SOON!!!!!!!!!1

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sore Throat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i have the worst case of strep throat.. i think... (Feb '11) Nov 23 Cass 76
what should i do about my swallowing problem Oct '14 peely 0
help i cant swallow Oct '14 peely 1
What's wrong with my throat (pic inside)? (Apr '13) Oct '14 Isabella 6
A glass of wine can keep tooth decay and a sore... (Jul '07) Jul '14 DrMSohl 5
Drink wine, fight cavities? (Apr '09) Jul '14 Montenegro 3
Is it worth having surgery to remove your tonsils? (May '07) May '14 Marie 15

Sore Throat People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE