i have the worst case of strep throat...

i have the worst case of strep throat.. i think im dying.

Posted in the Sore Throat Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Feb 11

Pleasant Valley, NY

#1 Feb 11, 2011
im 149lbs/male 19 years old. I went to the doctors about 7 days ago and had strep.. my right gland was swollen mainly.. they put me on pencilin 3 times a day for 10 days.. 7 days of taking it correctly and the worst case of strep came and i feel like im dying like its the worst pain i have ever had in my life.. over boxing and getting knocked out and stitches under my eye and so forth.. the first day i realized it coming back i had to go to work and it just felt barley sore.. so i worked and at the end of the day my throat was hurting pretty bad.. as the day grew longer my throat started killing me and i took 4 advil and felt as weak as any kid can feel.. i had a fever by hand and i just wanted to hide in my bed.. anyways the next day i went to work.. all through work i couldn't even swallow my own saliva it was way to painful for that let alot tea water anything.. i took 1000mg of ibprophen.. not a thing.. 2 alieves.. not a thing.. further along the day my right ear started getting sharp pains and my head was hurting.. and i noticed both glands swollen but my right gland huge.. the right ear was the hurting one.. so i go threw the day feeling weak and never having this pain in my throat in my life.. or this pain in my freaking life period. i get home and i didn't drink or eat one thing through out the day.. so i was starving and dehydrated.. anyways i show my mother my throat she said i dont know how your breathing your tonsils are so swollen.. so she took me to the er.. about an hour wait and they ask me pain on the scale of 1-10 keep in mind when i had a broken nose a broken eye socket a busted eye and needed 15 stitches around my eye i put down 2 as my pain.. when he asked i had no problem saying 9 out of 10.. so im in the room doctor says ill give u steriods by iv for your throat that's inflamed.. and ill give u the second up antibiotic threw iv so it kicks in tonight and she gave me codeine by the way that didn't do one thing.. it feels exactly the same.. i actually doubled up today for once and it feels exactly the same. but anyways the drugs was amox-clav 875mg 2 tabs a day.. after leaving the doctors i felt worst.. she said 2 days i should be fine.. but today it still feels horrible and im going nuts im getting aggravated at everyone i keep catching my self crying.. i cant eat a thing i cant drink a thing if i take a pill with little water it barley goes threw and i cringe so horrible and both my ears start burning and i have to walk away from what ever im doing and pace back and forth.. ive never felt this pain in my life and my mother was thinking of bringing me to the er again tonight but i figured id wait till tomorrow morning and see.. and ill probably be in the er guaranteed the doctors now and days like to try 100 different medications till the get to 101 when they could of gave you 101 in the begging.. the pain killer she gave me codeine every 6 hours she only gave me 4 pills.. i used them all and i feel exactly the same.. once again no clue to why she only gave me this shit ass medicine. ok so my point in writing and complaining about all this is.. if a person is in as much as i am.. they just get to ivs of bullshit and a smack on the but out the door with some low grade pain killers that dont work and anti biotic that dont work that im gonna have to come back and get stronger ones tomorrow? they just let people suffer like this.. this is the second night and im in the worst pain ever and i between yesterday morning and tonight ive drank 4 cups of tea i didn't drink anything else or eat anything at all.. im so hungry i told my mom take me to the er if they can feed me 2 feedings threw iv.. i need food, water and vitamins i feel like im on my death bed.. please someone with some common knowledge tell me its not strep tell me its like a crazy fungus or something and the doctors wrong.. so i can get it taken care of..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
same here

Mumbai, India

#2 Apr 24, 2011
man, i can tell you one thing, it does feel alot like dying. i have the same problem, ive gone to 5 ENT's in the last 1 year and had this problem 7 times in a year. its mainly because of Sinisitis and Smoking and drinking. trust me u quit these ull feel better.

Drink alot of water and do betadine oral gargaling every 3 hrs it helps, and ask for broad spectrum antibiotics

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jadey

London, UK

#3 Jul 21, 2011
Hi i have a sore throat... i feel like im dying. im 11 years old and i have about 75 red spots in my throats and i cant eat. I reccomend: Lucozade, Gargling salt water or going to you local doctor and getting some medicine and finish the course! The salt water tastes pretty bad and stings for the first couple of minutes after you spat it out but then its easier to eat and swallow and you sore throat is gone! But done celebrate JUST yet. It comes back. It came back in an hour for me but thats because im young and adults can gargle better than children so it proborly would last longer for you. Also, try reading. Once you get into any story you forget about everything, you feel like your in the story watching the characters. You may have tonsillitis. My mum thought i had that but i have a throat infection. I have medicine for it. I take 2 spoons of 2 different bottles of medicine (1 each) and 2 tablets. Everything may seem hard to swallow but one of the medicines is easy to swallow as if you dont have a sore throat. After about 5 times you have used you medicine it should start to 'kick in' more. Hope this helped a little. If it didnt then no wonder as im 11 remember haha!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sarafina

New Delhi, India

#5 Apr 27, 2012
well i am 11 too and i have a strep throat...i went to the ER and the doctor said i have something close to MALARIA which is broncitis,strep throat...etc mixed together..I had to stay in the hospital and when i got my blood test results it said that a species of a new mosquito had bitten me and that I should stay in the ER for the next MONTH.I take 5 different tablets plus pain relevers and I still feel the same.I cant eat so I have a tube that gives me water and food.I feel like commiting suicide because my throat hurts so much...I am in bed feeling a bit better that is why i am typing this...AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG HHHHHHHHH

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lucas

Taboćo Da Serra, Brazil

#7 Nov 26, 2012
17 year old here. And man, i am feeling the same exacts things as you. My throat is killing me, i cant drink anything or eat anything because im in so much pain! Let alone even swallowing my own saliva. Ive had this for about 3 days now, but today i woke up and it was worse than any other day. I went to the ER and honestly, i felt like i was dying. The doctors prescribed me 2 medications and also gave me a shot to help with the pain. Once i got home i immediately went to bed because the pain got to a stage where i couldnt handle it anymore. I woke up feeling so much better, i could swallow my saliva without any pain, i could drink water and so on - it was the best feelig ever. Well, i went back to sleep and guess what? I woke up feeling like absolute sh*t once again. I know how youre feeling, im here crying not knowing what to do or if i'll ever make it through. Honestly, its the worse pain ive ever felt and i can sympathyze with you, my friend. Give us an update on how youre feeling and what you did to feel better please.
Take care and im praying and hoping ill feel better soon, all i want is for the pain to get a little better, just to the point where its tolerable and ill be as happy as ever.
Lucas

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
jessica Leick

San Antonio, TX

#8 Dec 15, 2012
I'm 19 years old and I have strep and I can't swallow anything. I haven;t been to the doctor because I can't afford it right now. I'm stuck at home and I feel like I'm dying. no joke. I feel like I'm going to fall over dead here because I have no pain meds or ANY meds at that. I might call 911 to take me to the emerancy room. I cant even type. Im sitting on the computer to get my mind off all this pain. This is the worst pain I ever had. Ever! and Ive had strep throat many times before. Almost every year. But this year I'm on my own and no insurence to even go to the
ER. God please help me...please...
Rhonda

United States

#9 Jan 2, 2013
I'm 43 and I have all of ur symptoms plus body aches in my back and legs, my strep test was positive. They gave me the same sucky medicine as you!! WTH, im too old for this crap!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Crystal

United States

#10 Jan 3, 2013
jessica Leick wrote:
I'm 19 years old and I have strep and I can't swallow anything. I haven;t been to the doctor because I can't afford it right now. I'm stuck at home and I feel like I'm dying. no joke. I feel like I'm going to fall over dead here because I have no pain meds or ANY meds at that. I might call 911 to take me to the emerancy room. I cant even type. Im sitting on the computer to get my mind off all this pain. This is the worst pain I ever had. Ever! and Ive had strep throat many times before. Almost every year. But this year I'm on my own and no insurence to even go to the
I hope you went to the ER they can not turn you away for no insurance. Strep throat can kill you if not treated. It can get into your blood stream and cause heart problems. That's why it is very important to rest!!! Go get looked at!!
jacki

United States

#12 Jan 19, 2013
Do you have a CVS Minute Clinic near you??? I have no insurance and have strep throat. They will see you for 89 dollars. And do a rapid strep test for 27 dollars. And then prescribe you an antibiotic which runs about 13 dollars. That is all you would have to pay no hidden fees...
jessica Leick wrote:
Dixie

Lockhart, TX

#13 Jan 26, 2013
I have been getting worse and worst myself. I went to the doctor three weeks ago I was put on amoxicillin for 10 days and it went away for a week and a half. It came back with so much power... The first time i had strep a few weeks ago lasted two weeks. The new doctor I went two gave me a z-pac. It didn't help... a day later I went back to the doctor and got a steroid shot and an antibiotic shot. The doctors I have seen said its the worst case they have ever seen. I have been in tears with so much pain. My whole body hurts to lay down, i have been throwing up with other tummy problems. I cant walk due to the pounding in my head and I can't move my neck left or right due to the pain. The fever and chill are so bad. It looks like someone cut a golf ball in half and put it on both sides of my throat. I'm so worried that this thing is getting worst before it gets better. I don't know if I should go to the Er or give it time. If any one has ever been through please give me input. Thanks
Pain

Jacksonville, FL

#14 Feb 12, 2013
I'm bored and yeah I have strep throat I took some meds and now I can't sleep
Romeo

United States

#15 Mar 8, 2013
All I can say is pray.... pray good hard and long I'm about too!!! Hope you all get better
Sarah 11 years old

Round Rock, TX

#16 Mar 16, 2013
I feel the same way😭
Cumminsboy95

Bear, DE

#17 Mar 23, 2013
When In doubt, take precaution and seek professional help.
Amber

Arlington, VA

#18 Apr 9, 2013
Hey I'm 28 years old and went to the Dr. on the 2nd day of being sick and just remember sitting in the waiting room feeling like I was gonna die thinking I had the flu for sure. Well it came back as strep and I was put on antibiotics. Its been about two days now and still not much better. Fever, chills, headache, clogged nose and sinuses, sore throat and sore, swollen glands. Let me tell you, at its worst I could barely move and needed help getting to my appt and out of the car as I was so weak from not eating or drinking. I'm feeling just slightly better where I can eat and drink a little bit without crying, but yeah strep throat is the real deal and I wouldn't wish it on anyone! Hope you all feel better real soon.
Hunter

Globe, AZ

#19 Apr 23, 2013
Yeah, I am 18 weigh about 125 lbs mine started out as aches and pains all over my body my neck,arms,legs everywhere. I thought it was just stress so I went to sleep and woke up with some mild throat pain. Couple days later it got so much worse I thought I was dying to. Went to a walk in doctor for about 80 bucks he just grabs my throat feels my glands and says yep....it's strep. Sends me out with Penicillin vk 500. Twice a day for ten days. It's been about a week in a half and I still feel every little symptom. Half my face even swelled up. I feel a lot better than I did in the first place but wow...strep is no joke. I never knew it could make my ENTIRE body feel this way. My face swelling went down and my throats good but my body still aches. THIS SUCKS!
Kathleen

Norcross, GA

#20 Apr 29, 2013
I'm so glad I found this site. I'm 31 and I've never had strep before now. I'm on of six kids in my family as well and only one to ever have strep throat. I honestly feel like I want to cut my throat and just rip my tounsels out. I'd almost rather just give birth without pain meds, because I'm sure it's not as painful as this. Mine started on a Monday and I thought it was just a sore throat. I waited a few days until I woke up on Friday with so much pain I couldn't stop crying. I don't have insurance but just went to CVS Minute Clinic. I tested positive for strep and am on penicillin. Doctor told me in 24hours I will feel better. Well, I woke up the next night in the worst pain and spent all weekend locked inside my house. It's the fourth day on meds and I can finally eat soup without crying. I'm only about 10% better. All I can say, is a this is worst then any pain I've ever had. One thing that works kinda is gargelling cayenne pepper mixed with water. It stings but relieves pain for like 30 mins.

Anyone that has this, I understand and am still praying this ends soon.
mel

Labelle, Canada

#21 May 1, 2013
Ahh my throat is just starting to hurt...im 28 and i have very rarely gotten sick..this morning I woke up coughing up flem and very little blood..my chest feels congested..and my throat feels like its closing..it hurts sooo much, my cheeks and head hurt too and it feels like 100 pounds of pressure is in my head I want to cry..to make things worst I'm a single mom with 2 kids to take care of..i don't want my kids to get sick..im hoping if I go see a doctor now it won't get any worse..its so strange cause I went to bed feeling great last night..not a sign of anything..and now my throat is getting worse by the minute. Anyone know of a home remedy that could relieve a bit if the pain? Thanks..
Hollie

UK

#22 May 4, 2013
Gargle an asprin. Warm salt water. Benzydamine throat spray. Hot drinks. Ibrufon/paracetomal. Hot water with vic mixed inhale the steam! I would not wish upon a throat infection of any kind as it is brutal. I feel as if im dying. Cant sleep/swallow/eat& thats not like me!
If u have an ear ache of a kind almond oil pour a bit in your ear & a hot water bottle to lie on!
erin

Roseville, MI

#23 May 9, 2013
At least its not making you have seizures and making your jaw move involuntarily. Consider yourself lucky. My boyfriend almost died from this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sore Throat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
my throat Feb '17 Emilycain14 1
News Mums sick of kids' illnesses - 18 times a year (Jan '17) Jan '17 Spotted Girl 31
REALLY bad sore throat (Feb '06) Nov '16 Fat pig 200
News Is it worth having surgery to remove your tonsils? (May '07) Sep '16 katie 20
In extreme pain (Sep '16) Sep '16 Jade 1
throat (Sep '16) Sep '16 michelle 1
Very painful throat (Apr '16) Apr '16 Alexa123224 2
More from around the web