Request made to make parks smoke-free

Jul 5, 2012 Full story: The Inter-Mountain 302

Joyce Harris-Thacker, representing a number of Upshur County agencies, recently appeared before the Buckhannon City Council to discuss the Tobacco Free Zones program.

Full Story
First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Old Guy

Brookville, OH

#340 Sep 6, 2012
Science Is Proven wrote:
<quoted text>lol.....you forgot the fluoride that's in the city water....it too is known to cause cancer!!!!
"In a February 1991 Public Health Service (PHS) report, the agency said it found no evidence of an association between fluoride and cancer in humans. The report, based on a review of more than 50 human epidemiological (population) studies produced over the past 40 years, concluded that optimal fluoridation of drinking water “does not pose a detectable cancer risk to humans” as evidenced by extensive human epidemiological data reported to date."

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/...
Frisbee

Renton, WA

#342 Sep 11, 2012
Give them what they want wrote:
Okay smokers, I have figured it out. Give the nonsmokers what they want. Then when cigarette sales are down and smoker's are no longer making up the 2 dollars a pack tax for the state---then the non-smokers will be paying higher taxes.
The cost of your medical treatments already outweighs what the idiot tax brings in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smoking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
As Statewide Smoking Ban Burns Out in Capitol, ... 4 hr generalsn1234567 1
Petaluma City Council OKs tough smoking ban (Jan '13) 6 hr lukyvc 69
Smoking causes many different types of cancer Fri Vaccine Caused 4
golden virginia Thu derek hughes 1
Do you think people should be banned from smoki... Wed LELA 14
ecigsbrand electronic cigarette (ecigsbrand.com... (Mar '13) Wed Taajsgpm 47
For smokers, can e-cigarettes save money? Wed Taajsgpm 8
More from around the web