Ohio approves state smoking ban

Ohio approves state smoking ban

There are 76121 comments on the UPI story from Nov 8, 2006, titled Ohio approves state smoking ban. In it, UPI reports that:

Ohio voters have approved a ban on smoking in virtually all public buildings. Voters approved the sweeping ban while rejecting a competing measure that would have exempted bars and restaurants, the Cleveland ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at UPI.

“Veritas Vincit. Pro Libertate”

Since: Jun 08

peoples republic of Madison

#81700 Mar 29, 2012
SMOKERS R PATHETIC wrote:
<quoted text>
It was on HER FAMILY'S FACEBOOK PAGE DIP SHIT!
LUNG CANCER.
(Poor, pathetic addict. Your disgusting habit kills a 'friend' of yours and yet, you piss on her and side with the very thing that took her.....so sad and weak!!!!)
As Linda would've said- "Smoke em if you got them!"
:)
. Bull$heet'. I was her friend and comrad in arms. You idiots have always been short on facts.

#81701 Mar 29, 2012
LindaBs best friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2029267998163...
"Let's keep Linda Dykes Hubbard in prayer. Shes in intensive care in Dayton, Ohio. She has cancer in her head and ne lung. Let's pray for all concerned, and that the Lord will move in this ordeal. Giving God all the glory, honor and praise."
Shows what you know you pathetic addict. Feel dumb/wrong yet? I know you and your ilk's type. Pretending to know what you're talking about- way to prove you're just an idiot who pisses on Linda's grave now.
Why don't you go smoke a few packs. Maybe you can get some lung cancer too.
Question: does ANY smoker on here want to take notice that SMOKING KILLS???? Or are you going to pretend like Linda's death didn't HAPPEN???!!!!!
U people are sick!
Thankyou for the link, I asked to join as she is and will be in my prayers.

Marshall

#81702 Mar 29, 2012
JDH29 is LOL is PATHETIC wrote:
<quoted text>I have a dog named Skeeter, he has two more balls than you do.
So get them off your chin.
Hugh Jass

Nashville, TN

#81703 Mar 29, 2012
Free_America wrote:
<quoted text>. Bull$heet'. I was her friend and comrad in arms. You idiots have always been short on facts.
There goes the spelling Nazi, again. Check it out. He left the "e" of of "comrade" and the "h" of of "harms".
Hugh Jass

Nashville, TN

#81704 Mar 29, 2012
And I left the "f" off of "off". Twice.
ItsAFact

New Market, MD

#81705 Mar 29, 2012
Hugh Jass wrote:
And I left the "f" off of "off". Twice.
.... There goes the spelling Nazi, again!

#81706 Mar 29, 2012
Hugh Jass wrote:
<quoted text>
There goes the spelling Nazi, again. Check it out. He left the "e" of of "comrade" and the "h" of of "harms".
Well I'm blind with cateraxts, have the surgery in three weeks will corect my posts then. As far As rhe missing "f" in off ... Well F OFF ... Is that better?
Hugh Jass

Nashville, TN

#81707 Mar 29, 2012
My, how clever.

“Non smoking freedom loving vet”

Since: Apr 08

Chicago

#81708 Mar 29, 2012
Hugh Jass wrote:
<quoted text>
I understood that both Linda and Sheri had posted their personal information themselves. As did someone by the name of Marshal.
Of course, don't let that stop you from your pretentious rants. Adding a cause for castigation--however bogus--to enhance the poison of your rhetoric is typical of you and yours.
My condolences to the family of Linda. I haven't been here lately. Is Sheri still posting?
i love frank sinatra

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#81709 Mar 29, 2012
Hugh Jass wrote:
My, how clever.
You're a liar.

#81710 Mar 29, 2012
generalsn1234567 wrote:
<quoted text>My condolences to the family of Linda. I haven't been here lately. Is Sheri still posting?
No Sheri gave up on the abusive a-holes in here but she knows about Linda. They were good friends.

Since: Nov 08

Small Town

#81711 Mar 29, 2012
<quoted text>
Oh no?
"Let's keep Linda Dykes Hubbard in prayer. Shes in intensive care in Dayton, Ohio. She has cancer in her head and ne lung. Let's pray for all concerned, and that the Lord will move in this ordeal. Giving God all the glory, honor and praise."
Shows what you know you pathetic addict. Feel dumb/wrong yet? I know you and your ilk's type. Pretending to know what you're talking about- way to prove you're just an idiot who pisses on Linda's grave now.
Question: does ANY smoker on here want to take notice that SMOKING KILLS???? Or are you going to pretend like Linda's death didn't HAPPEN???!!!!!
U people are sick!
Since Linda came from a family of coal miners, some of whom died from black lung from that occupation, are you REALLY going to say she died from smoking? YOU ARE THE SICK ONE!

Since: Nov 08

Small Town

#81712 Mar 29, 2012
SMOKERS R PATHETIC wrote:
<quoted text>
It was on HER FAMILY'S FACEBOOK PAGE DIP SHIT!
LUNG CANCER.
(Poor, pathetic addict. Your disgusting habit kills a 'friend' of yours and yet, you piss on her and side with the very thing that took her.....so sad and weak!!!!)
As Linda would've said- "Smoke em if you got them!"
:)
SHE DIED OF BRAIN CANCER THAT SPREAD TO HER LUNGS. The lung tumor was miniscule.
Fact_IS

Cincinnati, OH

#81714 Mar 29, 2012
marb wrote:
<quoted text>
SHE DIED OF BRAIN CANCER THAT SPREAD TO HER LUNGS. The lung tumor was miniscule.
She also had one leg full of cancer.
She got a new doctor last fall/early winter and was checked out. She had no lung problems at that time.
Fact_IS

Cincinnati, OH

#81715 Mar 29, 2012
<quoted text>
Oh no?
U people are sick!
It's obvious they didn't get the full details. It appears, per my checking the site earlier today, that they didn't know she passed away either.
Fact_IS

Cincinnati, OH

#81716 Mar 29, 2012
Hugh Jass wrote:
Good to see we're back to rational, informative posts again. Had me worried for a bit.
LOL !!!
Old Guy

Brookville, OH

#81717 Mar 29, 2012
Fact_IS wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious they didn't get the full details.
The family said it was brain and lung cancer. Cancer which originates in the brain is rare, lung cancer far more common. Cancer which originates in the brain almost never moves to the lungs. Cancer which originates in the lungs moves to the brain 40% of the time. In the United States, smoking is estimated to account for 85% of lung cancer cases in women.

http://lungcancer.about.com/od/treatmentoflun...

“Non smoking freedom loving vet”

Since: Apr 08

Chicago

#81719 Mar 31, 2012
Free_America wrote:
<quoted text>No Sheri gave up on the abusive a-holes in here but she knows about Linda. They were good friends.
Thanks for the update.
Hugh Jass

Nashville, TN

#81720 Mar 31, 2012
i love frank sinatra wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a liar.
I actually gave "funny" on that one. Guilty as charged. I agree entirely that Free America is decidedly NOT clever. The "lie", however, was an example of a rhetorical device known as "sarcasm". Presumably most people capable of following a conversation much more complex than "Wheres's the crapper?" "Over there." "Thanks." would be capable of recognizing that fact.
Hugh Jass

Nashville, TN

#81721 Mar 31, 2012
Fact_IS wrote:
<quoted text>
She also had one leg full of cancer.
She got a new doctor last fall/early winter and was checked out. She had no lung problems at that time.
There are occasions when brain tumors are known to be secondary but the primary site of the cancer is not detected/known. A small butclearly detectable lung cancer could easily be the source of a much faster-growing metastatic tumor in the brain. Or leg.

At least that's what I picked up by reading an admittedly small number of related comments on medical sites. I started a thread in case anyone was really interested in the process apart from its applicability to Linda's demise.

I'm not trying to enter into this emotional argument about Linda. I don't claim to have adequate information to say what went where from where else in Linda's body, and I am unlikely to give the question enough priority to learn unless something definitive is posted here.
Just saying closed doors aren't necessarily locked, and the lung is a POSSIBLE primary source in such a case. Aggression isn't really warranted on either side of the argument.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smoking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News CVS says its ban on cigarette sales has reduced... 21 min Smoking is abnormal 4
News Cigarette smoking plunges in U.S. 49 min informer 2
News Bill would ban smoking in all New York hotel rooms 1 hr Spammers suck 14
News MTV Video Music Awards criticized for glorifyin... 4 hr Spammers suck 1
News Should airports snuff out smoking rooms? 4 hr Spammers suck 17
News Stop smoking with the help of rainbow-spewing u... 5 hr Spammers suck 2
News Playground smokers banned? 5 hr Spammers suck 4
More from around the web