Proposal limits tobacco in city parks

Proposal limits tobacco in city parks

There are 15 comments on the Point Pleasant Register story from Jul 10, 2013, titled Proposal limits tobacco in city parks. In it, Point Pleasant Register reports that:

Point Pleasant City Council has passed the first of three required readings on an ordinance which will prohibit tobacco products, including cigarettes, from the city's public parks except in designated smoking areas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Point Pleasant Register.

OutLaw

Point Pleasant, WV

#1 Jul 10, 2013
For f**k sake...*sigh*

All I see is totalitarian d**k f**k f**k face fascist dictatorship government taking place.
Can't smoke. Can't feed ducks. They're sucking the life out of living life. F***ing authority.
critic

United States

#2 Jul 10, 2013
OutLaw wrote:
For f**k sake...*sigh*
All I see is totalitarian d**k f**k f**k face fascist dictatorship government taking place.
Can't smoke. Can't feed ducks. They're sucking the life out of living life. F***ing authority.
Agreed!!
ShyGuy

Point Pleasant, WV

#3 Jul 10, 2013
critic wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed!!
:)
ShyGuy

Point Pleasant, WV

#4 Jul 10, 2013
Did you know you're not allowed to throw ro
ShyGuy

Point Pleasant, WV

#5 Jul 10, 2013
Rock
ShyGuy

Point Pleasant, WV

#6 Jul 10, 2013
Rocks into the pond?!
OutLaw

Point Pleasant, WV

#7 Jul 10, 2013
Oops. I got many names.
agreed

United States

#8 Jul 10, 2013
I don't throw rocks but on occasion I like to smoke a cigar and walk
OutLaw

Point Pleasant, WV

#9 Jul 10, 2013
Lol. Agreed.
concerned for kids

Point Pleasant, WV

#10 Jul 10, 2013
Thy r trying to take all rights from people act like there god they need to be more concerned with needles from druggie laying around in park's where our kids go to play at lease your kid can step on a cig butt and u don't have to worry they have aids or hep from it
Mountaineeer

Point Pleasant, WV

#11 Jul 10, 2013
I don't think taking anyone's rights away is what this was intended to do. The problem with smoking in public is that the people who sit around you have rights, too. Their right to breathe fresh air is just as strong as your right to smoke. I don't like big government any more than you do, but sometimes when people won't do the right thing, someone else has to.
bounty hunter

Martinsburg, WV

#18 Jul 11, 2013
why do people say nonsmoking people have right"s well what about people that smoke you take away their right:s so the nonsmoking can have their right:s how is this fair if the people don:t like smoke then sat somewhere else that"t what they are telling smoker"s to do and by the way i do not smoke but it is about your right"s taking them away what will be next that the good people will take away and by the way it is for your own good need to think what"t going on.
Mountaineeer

Point Pleasant, WV

#19 Jul 11, 2013
bounty hunter wrote:
why do people say nonsmoking people have right"s well what about people that smoke you take away their right:s so the nonsmoking can have their right:s how is this fair if the people don:t like smoke then sat somewhere else that"t what they are telling smoker"s to do and by the way i do not smoke but it is about your right"s taking them away what will be next that the good people will take away and by the way it is for your own good need to think what"t going on.
I would say I couldn't disagree with you more, but your post was more than a little confusing. People say non-smokers have rights because they do. Smokers also have them, and that is the problem. Where do you draw the line? If I sit down somewhere and have been sitting there for a while, why do I have to move if someone comes over and sits down and starts smoking? Again, I don't like big government, but if smokers were a little courteous, the council wouldn't have to get involved.
HCS

Myersville, MD

#20 Jul 11, 2013
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
To help him understand, you have to ad "Know what I mean?" To the end of your post.
Buzz off Sambo!
me

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#21 Jul 12, 2013
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>Another member of the Boone County White's.
This white boy wants to put a cigar out on your forehead in a Boone county park.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smoking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News the Smoke-free trend (Nov '06) 12 hr Loving life 176
Poll Do you want your kids to smoke? (Oct '07) Nov 18 24kid 123
News November 16 - International Day Without Smoking Nov 16 Haha 1
Buying cigarettes online Nov 15 Anonymous 3
News Editorial: Bill to tax sweet drinks will fight ... (Mar '11) Nov 12 C Kersey 6
News 1 in 5 Americans still uses tobacco, Gov't. rep... Nov 11 Gerald 1
News Documentary Shames Tobacco Industry For Targeti... Nov 8 Tobacco Road 1
More from around the web