Maryland officials ban youth from usi...

Maryland officials ban youth from using tanning beds

There are 30 comments on the www.wbaltv.com story from Nov 11, 2009, titled Maryland officials ban youth from using tanning beds. In it, www.wbaltv.com reports that:

Howard County officials have voted to ban people under age 18 from using indoor tanning devices -- the first such ban in the country.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.wbaltv.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mercer Island

Olalla, WA

#4 Nov 11, 2009
Brown children don't need a tanning bed and the ones that do should get their parent's permission.
shadow

Charlotte, NC

#5 Nov 11, 2009
i am pretty sure they already have a mother maryland...

“"you're not the boss of me"”

Since: Aug 09

yep, right, uh huh

#6 Nov 11, 2009
uh, thanks

“Oh smartness, where art thou?”

Since: Nov 07

Dey tuk er jerbs!

#7 Nov 11, 2009
I think this is a good decision!
teens under 18 usually missuse things like this to ridiculous points! i've seen it happen!

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#8 Nov 11, 2009
Mercer Island wrote:
Brown children don't need a tanning bed and the ones that do should get their parent's permission.
Who non-brown children actually "need" a tanning bed? Who "needs" such a thing.
The Always Amazing Al

Hampton, VA

#9 Nov 11, 2009
Hey, next they'll be prohibiting abortions for <18's

Schaumburg, IL

#10 Nov 12, 2009
>Howard County officials have voted to ban people under age 18 from using indoor tanning devices....

Those Howard Country, oogling perverts want the high schoolers tanning outdoors.
Mike

Huntington, NY

#11 Nov 12, 2009
....ironically, they want the youths to use regular beds. Sick bastards.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#12 Nov 12, 2009
I'm just glad they are not concentrating on the ever growing crime and unemployment rates and focusing on more important matters like tanning!

Since: Dec 07

DuPage County

#14 Nov 12, 2009
Last time I used a tanning bed I realized I smelled like bacon when I was done, that coupled with laying in a 1/4 inch of my own sweat was it for me.

“Always Nagging! ”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#15 Nov 12, 2009
As if the outdoor sun isn't harmful!
Next thing you know they will ban bikini's for anyone under 18 and require them to wear shorts that are no shorter than 6inches above the knee and only shirts with a sleeve...

Nothing like a Farmers tan!

King Of Prussia, PA

#16 Nov 12, 2009
girlbinbad wrote:
As if the outdoor sun isn't harmful!
Next thing you know they will ban bikini's for anyone under 18 and require them to wear shorts that are no shorter than 6inches above the knee and only shirts with a sleeve...
Nothing like a Farmers tan!
It's generally understood that it's wise to use sunblock outdoors; it's not really under discussion.(Maybe not generally understood by young people.)

It's generally understood that tanning booths are much more dangerous than the sun - that's why the sessions in a booth are limited to a few minutes, as opposed to the usual hours sunbathing outside.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Nov 12, 2009
shadow wrote:
i am pretty sure they already have a mother maryland...
it's just like laying in a giant cigarette.

can't get those unless you're 18 either.

and you have to admit there are plenty of parents that dont give a crap about their kids' well being.
Darrell Allen Ballard

Richmond, KY

#18 Nov 13, 2009
Its because young people are dumb, thats all.
Mercer Island

Olalla, WA

#19 Nov 14, 2009
Maryland officials ban youth from using tanning beds?

We all need to ask ourselves
What would Obama do?

“"you're not the boss of me"”

yep, right, uh huh

#20 Nov 14, 2009
Mercer Island wrote:
What would Obama do?
I believe he would call a press conference and discuss the value of 'color' and we need not be worried about it...it is change, a change we can all embrace.....and he's not a 'johnny-come-lately to this change thing'....

rock on
Hah

Chicopee, MA

#21 Nov 14, 2009
The Always Amazing Al wrote:
Hey, next they'll be prohibiting abortions for <18's
They should ban marriage for all those under 18. Pregnancy should not be a reason to marry an underage girl.
Mercer Island

Olalla, WA

#22 Nov 14, 2009
that27th one wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe he would call a press conference and discuss the value of 'color' and we need not be worried about it...it is change, a change we can all embrace.....and he's not a 'johnny-come-lately to this change thing'....
rock on
Perhaps he could introduce a billion dollar bailout for tanning parlors that might be falling on hard times.
Tanning treatment vouchers would be given to light skinned ACORN workers (If there are any) at a cost of $300,000.00 per tanning session.
RDL

Victoria, Canada

#23 Nov 14, 2009
Mercer Island wrote:
Technically, everyone is brown.

Even people of Caucasian descent are a very, very pale shade of brown.
DILF

Huntington, NY

#24 Nov 16, 2009
Mercer Island wrote:
What would Obama do?
He'd probably go outside to smoke a cigarette and think about it......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Skin Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 10 commandments of cancer prevention (May '09) Dec 1 Trying to be hopeful 36
News How much sunshine can your skin stand? Nov 30 PaulRex 16
News Successfully treating genetically determined au... Nov 28 Stephany McDowell 1
News Top natural remedies for common skin problems l... (Jun '13) Nov 28 Ria khan 13
Skin Care Nov 16 beautyfromlife 1
News Doctors fight myth about African-Americans and ... Nov 11 THX Repatriates S... 2
News 23andMe helps identify genetic links to common ... Aug '16 mar 1
More from around the web