Eye Shingles ; now watering eye

Eye Shingles ; now watering eye

Posted in the Shingles Forum

Wendy

Calgary, Canada

#1 Oct 30, 2009
I have been researching shingles since April '09 when I got them. Like lots of you, I was misdiagnosed initially, so it took several months to clear up. I had them in my eye and they are completely cleared up now; however, my eye is so watery it drives me crazy. I am 55 and can't imagine dabbing at my eye constantly for the next several years. I've used many dry types of eye drops, but none of them are effective. I'd love to hear from anyone who has found a way to deal with this.
Joan75

Lodi, CA

#2 Apr 1, 2010
I am 75 yr old lady with severe outbreak of scalp ,forehead eye brow and eye shingles,very painful,My eye is compleely closed and oozing yellow material, this affects the left side,I look like I had a stroke my face on the left side is swollen and distorted.I am on Anti Viral drug and med for pain.I have Macula degfeneratuon in right eye and csnt see a thing with it,since I have a pacemaker and cardiac problens I am restricted with medications that affect nny heart.
I am discouraged with the reports of shingles retrurning over and over again.Does anyone know of new meds.God Bless All I will be praying for everyone on Forum.Joan.
Maura

Ocala, FL

#3 Apr 9, 2012
Wendy wrote:
I have been researching shingles since April '09 when I got them. Like lots of you, I was misdiagnosed initially, so it took several months to clear up. I had them in my eye and they are completely cleared up now; however, my eye is so watery it drives me crazy. I am 55 and can't imagine dabbing at my eye constantly for the next several years. I've used many dry types of eye drops, but none of them are effective. I'd love to hear from anyone who has found a way to deal with this.
I have a similar issue. I had shingles 2 years ago above my left eye and it still waters. Someimes I take Lysine and Vit C - seems to help, but I also do not want to continue to deal with this. Have you found anything useful?

Since: May 12

Charleston, SC

#4 May 29, 2012
Be sure and get vaccinated, it may stop the chronic outbreaks, and it will usually reduce the severity.
Rick V

Friendswood, TX

#5 Jun 10, 2012
I was diagnosed with shingles last Monday left forehead and eyebrow also had spots frozen Wednesday before. Probably froze shingle spots by mistake . Left eye watering all the time how long will this last.
Maura

Gainesville, FL

#6 Jun 10, 2012
Rick V wrote:
I was diagnosed with shingles last Monday left forehead and eyebrow also had spots frozen Wednesday before. Probably froze shingle spots by mistake . Left eye watering all the time how long will this last.
Taking an antiviral can help reduce the length and severity. That herpes virus can be aggressive.
Also, taking lysine and vitamin C can be helpful.
Morrison

Bogotá, Colombia

#7 Jun 27, 2014
The virus which causes chicken pox usually gets stored in a nerve near the spinal cord once an individual recuperates from chicken pox. When the virus is reactivated, it can cause the nerve to become inflamed which is the initial cause of shingles pain. As the virus travels to the skin and becomes obvious as rashes, the pain may begin to worsen. The degree and constancy of the pain however varies from one individual to another.

http://www.cureforshingles.com/
Kbagnell

Toronto, Canada

#8 Sep 8, 2014
Wendy wrote:
Have your tear duct looked at could be blocked or has lost elasticity an eye can't drain
Solitaire65

Belfast, UK

#9 Feb 12, 2017
I get shingles 2 times a year at least, but this time had one lot after another over 5 months, last being in my eyes very bad. Now left with very wet eyes like I been crying, how do I stop this? It's like a cold in the eyes. Help pleas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shingles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shingles with abdominal swelling (Dec '12) Mon scott 139
I think I have Shingles, do I really need to go... (Dec '09) May 21 Mico 40
Flu like symptoms? How long will they last (Nov '13) May 20 Janet 26
Shingles sex May 19 Larry 2
recurring shingles (Feb '09) May 17 Bmorris 876
Shingles recovery (Jul '07) May 7 Dan 366
Shingles on two sides? (May '07) Apr '17 Tash 205
More from around the web