finally got my life back---you can ha...

finally got my life back---you can have hope!

Posted in the Scabies Forum

Relieved

Conshohocken, PA

#1 Oct 2, 2013
I came back here after reading posts during a most awful summer of my life. I got scabies at the end of the spring. It was very hard to get an accurate diagnosis & help. So I, like everyone on here, searched the internet & came here. I won't go over the long ups & downs of my story other than to say that I was positively diagnosed finally after many weeks of me being pretty sure I did have scabies but no one having any "hard evidence" that was the case. In the end I took 3 courses of Permethrin, 1 of another topical scabicide that my tired brain can't remember the name of as it is almost 3 am, and 1 oral dose of Ivermectin. I saw 5 diff doctors. One was a hideous, rude man who has received commendations in the lg city I live in for his excellence in infectious disease care- go figure. His deficiency was that he blew off my concerns that my treatment had not been effective & that I was sure I still had active scabies. He all but laughed at me & told me he thought I might be mentally ill. In the end, though, I think he was right in that I prob no longer had active scabies. But his bedside manner totally blew. My regular doctors were solicitous but did not really know how to deal with what appeared to go on & on. Finally I found another ID doc that my Derm referred me to. He did an uber-thorough history and exam. He prob spent over 90 minutes with me & my husband. I had begun to bring my husband along because I did not want people to get away with treating me like I was a bat-crazy loon. This dr. laid out 3 possible scenarios: 1)I was in post-scabies & the continued bumps were that. 2)I had resistant scabies. 3)I had actually acquired some other as yet determined mite infestation. He did say to me that it would be very, very unusual for scabies to continue with the treatment I had already had plus the careful environmental cleaning I was doing.So, with this information & his recommendation that I try the Prednisone taper I had determinedly avoided up to then, I moved forward. I also found on this forum and a few other web pages, a few people who described post-scabies as being very scarily similar to active scabies and their belief many times resulted in repeated treatment with topical applications. I decided to try to take very gentle care of my skin as if it were trying to recover from this terrible infection. I did continue with super cleaning-sheets, clothes, etc. I was strengthened by the fact that I felt whatever the case, this doc also would help us figure this out. Very slowly I noticed that I began to improve. I did see new bumps but I stopped messing with them in the sulfur or salt rub or bleach, etc. manner. I used moisturizer and the topical Triamcinolone steroid ointment very carefully, and I BEGAN TO HEAL! One thing that helped me a lot with the times when I did feel itchy was that I kept a bottle of rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer always around. Even at night, if I felt anything odd, I sprayed the alcohol on the area. This seemed to cool down the itching/crawly sensations and eventually stopped them altogether. I also worked on things that have helped me with struggles in my life - I prayed, I tried to take good care of myself, I looked to my loved ones for support. I think all those were very important. It took quite awhile for me to feel that my body felt "quiet" a term prob only people on here will understand. Slowly my hope was growing. I now have confidence to say that I am over scabies 3 months. I came back to offer this story and to say not to give up. Also, it is true that post-scabies can produce very, very similar symptoms - new bumps/tracks and all. If you have been through the treatments your docs recommended, try try try to cut back on the battle. See if gentle care can help your recovery progress. For me, that was key. Also, keep looking to find a doc you feel is helpful. Take a loved one along. Don't give up. Best wishes in your struggle. I know your pain, but there is hope.
Helpmepleasehelp

San Diego, CA

#2 Oct 3, 2013
Thanks for your post!!!. What if the new bumps are on my face?
Who is your doctor?! I need him!
My doctor said my scabies are not from human mites. So it makes it more stressful not knowing what it is.
Something from cats I adopted from a field, near squirrels.
Cats need to be treated still. How? I don't have the money.
Nordic

Victoria, Canada

#3 Oct 7, 2013
I've had scabies for 6 months and tried EVERYTHING mentioned on the forums, but nothing worked.
Finally, I did some research & developed my own mixture which WORKED LIKE A CHARM..NO MORE SCABIES!
I mixed curry powder with hot water, sea salt, baking soda & vaseline and applied it ALL over my body.
(the tumeric in the curry kills the scabies, the sea salt draws them OUT of your skin & the vaseline smothers them so they cannot breathe.)
It's safe around eyes, in your ears, in your nose.
You can even rub it on your privates!
Change into some OLD clothes (wash them later) and keep the mixture on for only 2 hours.(relax)
Shower thoroughly in HOT water & wash your curry covered clothes in HOT water.(and your towel)
I have not had ONE itch...Hallelujah!
errr4yrssovrit

Preston, Australia

#4 Oct 8, 2013
New bumps n track marks. Live infestation. Is it is true once we hve been infected for awhile itch becomes less our bodys react less to the invasion. People think they cured when actually they not. Iv been suffing 4yrw now my 1 yr old son has caught it due to I thought I was completely cured.. But stil had couple bumps n tiny itch here & there by rarely. Keep treating atleast once a month. I treat everyday mix all treatments try new things.. I have dog mites. They live off the body 19 days.. Scabies stil just stronger. They are hard to kill in wash machine n dryer. Added chemicals n 4 full cycles of each I need todo & stil not 200 percent clean of mites. What is working for me is mixing sulfure, prem, benzul b', clove n thick creams mixed well slopped on. Burns back of knees under arms neck eye lids.. But 2 days left on once washed I can feel intense post scabies in main infected areas and bumps form (dead mites) this I done last few days first time in 4yrs they r dien. Iv thrown everything I own out. No funiture just plastic mat in kitchen clothes n cot n hard toys for son. Im in hell. Depression. Any ideas to help???
Josephine thompson

Worksop, UK

#6 Oct 30, 2013
I am so annoyed!!! First, doctors failed to diagnose my son's cancer, he drove his self to a hospital and collapsed in the grounds, gone in 28 days then doctors did not diagnose my scabies until I was crawling. I feel like going back to the four docs and a@e and leaving them a sample!!!!!!!!7581
wantmylifeback

Dover Plains, NY

#8 Jan 29, 2014
Nordic wrote:
I've had scabies for 6 months and tried EVERYTHING mentioned on the forums, but nothing worked.
Finally, I did some research & developed my own mixture which WORKED LIKE A CHARM..NO MORE SCABIES!
I mixed curry powder with hot water, sea salt, baking soda & vaseline and applied it ALL over my body.
(the tumeric in the curry kills the scabies, the sea salt draws them OUT of your skin & the vaseline smothers them so they cannot breathe.)
It's safe around eyes, in your ears, in your nose.
You can even rub it on your privates!
Change into some OLD clothes (wash them later) and keep the mixture on for only 2 hours.(relax)
Shower thoroughly in HOT water & wash your curry covered clothes in HOT water.(and your towel)
I have not had ONE itch...Hallelujah!
Can you give me the measurements of each ingredient you used that would be helpful. Also, are you still scabies free?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Neem works 4 hr NB Girl 2
What relieves mite itching immediately? 8 hr bill 5
Scabies/Eggs lifespan? and a question about pre... (Apr '07) 13 hr itchy poo 543
the cure is so simple, I can't believe it...... (Jan '11) 13 hr Itchytoo 1,551
the miracle cure with link (precipitated sulfur) 14 hr whitehairlady 10
Not scabies skin mites (Aug '12) 18 hr Lonely 19
Is anyone else seeing the mites and picking fro... (Nov '10) 21 hr Missyblue 21
More from around the web