dead mites

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#64 May 7, 2013
This is working for me so far, If you decide to do it, Do so at your own risk. I read permethrine is not toxic to humans. However im just stating my experience. I am not a physician
ive been there

Rio Rancho, NM

#65 May 9, 2013
Magda Petit wrote:
Hi there,
I wanted to tell you all that I am well, I think I am cured, but continue to be on the safe side, still using the sulphur cream at night, but with no signs of scabies now for more than one week. Cross your fingers, I think my WAR has won.
Hope you do it too.
hi Magda
was your reply to me. If it was I am so happy for you.
I really just want to be of service and share what cured me and my fam.
I think that you are safe not to use it anymore if you did the treatment as described but I also understand your hesitation. Any little bump or itch your mind goes back to this horrible feeling of uneasiness and fear.
I was there. I think as adults we are stronger but when I would see my baby with this face of desperation and asking me to do something to help her I would go crazy and cry and pray for help.
I am so careful and paranoid now with everything we touch, where we go, sit, etc.
I'm so grateful because it's behind us now and pray that it's the same for you.
Scabies Mysery

Cali, Colombia

#66 May 10, 2013
dead mites wrote:
This is working for me so far, If you decide to do it, Do so at your own risk. I read permethrine is not toxic to humans. However im just stating my experience. I am not a physician
If you use permethrin one or two times, it is safe. But five , ten or more times, it might have a carcinogenic effect. With scabies, many people need more than just one dose of permetrin.
Magda

Curitiba, Brazil

#67 May 10, 2013
Hi Scabies Misery and I've Been There,
I still have some symptoms that are making me VERY worried. The doctor who examined me said that she is sure I am cured, and in fact I don't feel any more bites or crawling over my skin. The thing is that I still have the strangest skin - in some places it is very dry,flaking, with a strange texture, and it itches and gets red. It itches a lot. Especially during the night. Now the question is: is this another bout of our old friends the scabies mites, or am I terribly allergic? i am taking TWO antialergics per day, and the doctor thinks it will take sometime to go away. But still, cannot sleep properly, sometimes I have to get up at night to have a shower and apply some calamine to soothe a little. I really cannot even IMAGINE a baby suffering this. It is horrible. It really helps to share this disgrace with you. I never thought scabies could make this mess with your life, thank you for sharing....

Since: Feb 13

Franklin, MI

#68 May 10, 2013
Hi, Magda. About two months ago, both my dermatologists did skin scrapings and said I was cured, but also said that my skin, especially on my back, was really dry and flaky and looking almost GRAY!! Yecchh. I told her that certain areas still itch a lot, and she said that it might be from clothing, like my bra and some polyester-type synthetic clothes, irritating me. Your skin is probably really sensitive after being treated for the mites. Also, the tags inside clothing can irritate it.

The dead stuff that the mites leave behind is still coming to the surface and will take some time to work its way out and stop itching, since we can't shed our skin all at once like snakes!! lol I've been using a long-handled brush very gently when I take showers to help wear off that layer of skin faster and get that stuff out. I've also been washing with a generic Selsun Blue type shampoo (the kind in the blue bottle), and I think it helps to get rid of any fungus-type residual problems that the mites might make your skin susceptible to--scrub and leave it on for a few minutes before rinsing. It has really helped me and I feel a whole lot less itchy, so I thought I'd share this with you. The last time I went to the doctor's, she said my skin was 100% improved. Good luck!!
dead mites

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#69 May 11, 2013
Aside from permethrin treatments. I'd like to highly recommend, Livestock powder. This stuff is great! I dusted my closet, my bed, my dog, and myself. Its made my red irritated skin go from red to white again. Also my dog has stopped scratching. Next will be horse paste. I may have killed these parasites a while ago. Yet I don't want to take any chances.
Magda Petit

Curitiba, Brazil

#70 May 11, 2013
Yeah. Thanks for advice, Worn and Weary. Yesterday I suddenly realised that I have got it back. New bites, new red rashes, new itching at night. And what is worse, I think I know where I got it: from my own clothes. I wore a blouse that was in the back of my closet and in the evening I started to itch. It's pure hell. It's the 4th time I've been reinfected. I made an appointment to my doctor, let's see what she says. In the meantime, I started the sulphur cream again (thankfully I have a lot left) and started washing clothes with tick-killer again.And to think I washed TONS of clothes, ironed, disinfected the whole house, and there it is: scabies again. I am tired of it all.
Worn Out and Weary

Royal Oak, MI

#71 May 11, 2013
I'm sorry, Magda! I was hoping you were recovering from this thing, not getting it once again. These damn bugs are so resistant and live a lot longer off people's skins than what the doctors tell us. I'm always afraid I'll get reinfected from my clothes, too. I got this itchy thing really bad last August and wasn't sure what it really was until the cold weather had set in here, and it was already December. I had already put my warm-weather clothes away without treating them for the mite. I know I'll have to get them out soon and do treatments on ALL of them--wash and dry, dry-clean, spray--just like my winter ones, so I won't get reinfected. And then treat the closet where they were stored. I'm not looking forward to it. I am tired of it, too. it doesn't ever seem to end, does it.
Worn Out and Weary

Royal Oak, MI

#72 May 11, 2013
P.S. I don't know why my listed location keeps jumping from Royal Oak to Ypsilanti, MI. That's weird. It's supposed to be Royal Oak.
Scabies Mysery

Cali, Colombia

#73 May 12, 2013
Hello everybody. I am physician who wants to share with you my personal experience with scabies. I have had this terrible disease for three years. I am a doctor myself, and I have experienced all the suffering you have lived. My position is that current protocols to treat and diagnose scabies are not effective, and they have to be reviewed.
However, public agencies and the medical establishment refuse to accept changes in current protocols, and they keep saying again and again the same mistaken and absurd explanations. How to force them to change and do a real research ? My theory: writing complaints against them in the state medical board. I know when you write a complaint against a doctor, he or she really starts to study your case seriously. It is very sad, but unfortunately, is the only way
There are some myths about scabies:
1. If you have scabies, you have to have visible lesions. WRONG ! You might have only the itching for a long time. And lesions might be very atypical and different than dose described in medical books.
2. If you have scabies, your partner has to have symptoms. WRONG ! There might be asymptomatic carriers who strongly refuse to treat themselves.
3. If you have scabies, you have to wash your clothes with hot water and change beds and mattresses. That´s too easy to say, but almost impossible to do. What are you going to wear ? Where are you going to sleep ? Doctors just don´t think in the nonsenses they say.
4. It is very easy to find scabies with a microscope. If you don´t see any mite, then you don´t have any. WRONG. It is very difficult to find any mite with a microscope. Lazy doctors will only do a short search, and then they will tell you that there is nothing.
5. Mites only can live outside the human body 3-4 days, then they die. WRONG. They might live weeks, even months outside the human body.
6. Scabicides kill all the mites. WRONG. What about the eggs ? What about the intermediate forms ? Did you know the scabies mite has 6 intermediate forms, and that scabicides only kill the adult mite ?
7. Scabies never affects hands and head. VERY WRONG ! People might have scabies on their heads and face, ears, nose, eyelids and hands.
8. Scabies in dogs and other animals cannot infect humans. WRONG ! They do it. Don´t ask a doctor, ask a farmer or a vet, and see what they answer you. All farmers know scabies in animals infect humans, they have known that for centuries.
9. After treatment, if you still have itching, you are not infected, it is post scabies syndrome. WRONG. There is not such a thing called “post scabies syndrome”. THE REASON IS THAT YOU ARE STILL INFECTED. A lazy doctor will not accept that there was a treatment failure, and will dispatch in the easy way.
Scabies Mysery

Cali, Colombia

#74 May 12, 2013
Explanations:

The main explanation to what is happening to you is that current protocols to diagnose and treat scabies are old and have to be review. People need new technologies to diagnose the disease, and of course, new and safer treatments.
The problem with current treatments is that they are designed as a “one dosage treatment”. But maybe you need a long term (days or weeks) scabies treatment, with many dosages. But you cannot do that with permethrin, lindane, malathion nor ivermectin, because if you use these substances for more than once they may be very harmful and dangerous. And also more mites are becoming resistant. Sulphur is safer, but the smell destroys your social and labor life, and it has no warranty you will be cured, or not reinfested.
Family physicians and dermatologists will not accept the diagnose of the disease, treatment failure, or resistance. What doctors and medical establishment will tell you during an appointment is always the same:
1. You have post scabies syndrome (that does not exist).
2. You did not do everything right, you did not wash all clothes, nor change mattresses. So you will be mad spending thousands of dollars changing and washing clothes. Of course, that won´t be a concern for the dumb sitting in front of you, as he or she will just say “next patient”.
3. It is not scabies, it is some kind of “allergy”. They will prescribe you antihistaminic drugs and steroids which , of course, won´t cure you.
4. It is not scabies, you have a dry skin. So they will prescribe you lots of creams for hydration. Of course, those creams won´t kill the mites, so you won´t be cured.
5. It is not scabies, you might have a systemic disease. Well, in this case, the explanation is not absurd. This might be the only time the physician really cares about you. There are many systemic diseases which mimic scabies, some of them are very serious. So, you might need many exams and a deep clinical evaluation to discard a systemic disease. But once discarded, the physician has to consider again the scabies diagnose.
6. It is not scabies, you are DELUSIONAL. From all, this one is the most stupid and irresponsible answer. Is just the easy way for many doctors: go to the psychiatrist, and they will yellow that to you.
So, considering all above, what to do ? Well, we all have to force the medical establishment to pay attention to our disease and symptoms. One way is writing to the CDC. Well, not very effective, but is a good attempt.
But the other way is to write a complaint against each dumb doctor who gives you all the absurd explanations above (except the one who decides to search for a systemic disease).
It is very sad to say, I am also a physician, but I know that the only way to force doctors to put some attention to your problem is writing a complaint. And yes, if you all do the same, the medical establishment will be forced finally to make a review of current protocols to treat scabies. Do that over and over again, maybe the first answers will be denial, but with the time they will be really concerned and worried.
So, write and write complaints against doctors, over and over again, to finally force them to do a serious research and review of current scabies protocols.
This is what I found:
"If you have a complaint about your doctor's quality of care, fees, or any other aspect of his or her service, contact your state medical board. State medical boards license medical doctors, investigate complaints, and discipline practitioners who violate the law." The web site is:
http://answers.usa.gov/system/selfservice.con...
Would you join us in this war against the medical establishment ? Well, you should, because the other option is to stay years with no hope and no cure.
Scabies Mysery

Cali, Colombia

#75 May 12, 2013
Hello everybody. I am physician who wants to share with you my personal experience with scabies. I have had this terrible disease for three years. I am a doctor myself, and I have experienced all the suffering you have lived. My position is that current protocols to treat and diagnose scabies are not effective, and they have to be reviewed.
However, public agencies and the medical establishment refuse to accept changes in current protocols, and they keep saying again and again the same mistaken and absurd explanations. How to force them to change and do a real research ? My theory: writing complaints against them in the state medical board. I know when you write a complaint against a doctor, he or she really starts to study your case seriously. It is very sad, but unfortunately, is the only way.
1. If you have scabies, you have to have visible lesions. WRONG ! You might have only the itching for a long time. And lesions might be very atypical and different than dose described in medical books.
2. If you have scabies, your partner has to have symptoms. WRONG ! There might be asymptomatic carriers who strongly refuse to treat themselves.
3. If you have scabies, you have to wash your clothes with hot water and change beds and mattresses. That´s too easy to say, but almost impossible to do. What are you going to wear ? Where are you going to sleep ? Doctors just don´t think in the nonsenses they say.
4. It is very easy to find scabies with a microscope. If you don´t see any mite, then you don´t have any. WRONG. It is very difficult to find any mite with a microscope. Lazy doctors will only do a short search, and then they will tell you that there is nothing.
5. Mites only can live outside the human body 3-4 days, then they die. WRONG. They might live weeks, even months outside the human body.
6. Scabicides kill all the mites. WRONG. What about the eggs ? What about the intermediate forms ? Did you know the scabies mite has 6 intermediate forms, and that scabicides only kill the adult mite ?
7. Scabies never affects hands and head. VERY WRONG ! People might have scabies on their heads and face, ears, nose, eyelids and hands.
8. Scabies in dogs and other animals cannot infect humans. WRONG ! They do it. Don´t ask a doctor, ask a farmer or a vet, and see what they answer you. All farmers know scabies in animals infect humans, they have known that for centuries.
9. After treatment, if you still have itching, you are not infected, it is post scabies syndrome. WRONG. There is not such a thing called “post scabies syndrome”. THE REASON IS THAT YOU ARE STILL INFECTED. A lazy doctor will not accept that there was a treatment failure, and will dispatch in the easy way.
Scabies Mysery

Cali, Colombia

#76 May 12, 2013
Explanations:

The main explanation to what is happening to you is that current protocols to diagnose and treat scabies are old and have to be review. People need new technologies to diagnose the disease, and of course, new and safer treatments.
The problem with current treatments is that they are designed as a “one dosage treatment”. But maybe you need a long term (days or weeks) scabies treatment, with many dosages. But you cannot do that with permethrin, lindane, malathion nor ivermectin, because if you use these substances for more than once they may be very harmful and dangerous. And also more mites are becoming resistant. Sulphur is safer, but the smell destroys your social and labor life, and it has no warranty you will be cured, or not reinfested.
Family physicians and dermatologists will not accept the diagnose of the disease, treatment failure, or resistance. What doctors and medical establishment will tell you during an appointment is always the same:
1. You have post scabies syndrome (that does not exist).
2. You did not do everything right, you did not wash all clothes, nor change mattresses. So you will be mad spending thousands of dollars changing and washing clothes. Of course, that won´t be a concern for the dumb sitting in front of you, as he or she will just say “next patient”.
3. It is not scabies, it is some kind of “allergy”. They will prescribe you antihistaminic drugs and steroids which , of course, won´t cure you.
4. It is not scabies, you have a dry skin. So they will prescribe you lots of creams for hydration. Of course, those creams won´t kill the mites, so you won´t be cured.
5. It is not scabies, you might have a systemic disease. Well, in this case, the explanation is not absurd. This might be the only time the physician really cares about you. There are many systemic diseases which mimic scabies, some of them are very serious. So, you might need many exams and a deep clinical evaluation to discard a systemic disease. But once discarded, the physician has to consider again the scabies diagnose.
6. It is not scabies, you are DELUSIONAL. From all, this one is the most stupid and irresponsible answer. Is just the easy way for many doctors: go to the psychiatrist, and they will yellow that to you.
So, considering all above, what to do ? Well, we all have to force the medical establishment to pay attention to our disease and symptoms. One way is writing to the CDC. Well, not very effective, but is a good attempt.
But the other way is to write a complaint against each dumb doctor who gives you all the absurd explanations above (except the one who decides to search for a systemic disease).
It is very sad to say, I am also a physician, but I know that the only way to force doctors to put some attention to your problem is writing a complaint. And yes, if you all do the same, the medical establishment will be forced finally to make a review of current protocols to treat scabies. Do that over and over again, maybe the first answers will be denial, but with the time they will be really concerned and worried.
So, write and write complaints against doctors, over and over again, to finally force them to do a serious research and review of current scabies protocols.
This is what I found:
"If you have a complaint about your doctor's quality of care, fees, or any other aspect of his or her service, contact your state medical board. State medical boards license medical doctors, investigate complaints, and discipline practitioners who violate the law." The web site is:
http://answers.usa.gov/system/selfservice.con ...
Would you join us in this war against the medical establishment ? Well, you should, because the other option is to stay years with no hope and no cure.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#77 May 12, 2013
Worn Out and Weary wrote:
I'm sorry, Magda! I was hoping you were recovering from this thing, not getting it once again. These damn bugs are so resistant and live a lot longer off people's skins than what the doctors tell us. I'm always afraid I'll get reinfected from my clothes, too. I got this itchy thing really bad last August and wasn't sure what it really was until the cold weather had set in here, and it was already December. I had already put my warm-weather clothes away without treating them for the mite. I know I'll have to get them out soon and do treatments on ALL of them--wash and dry, dry-clean, spray--just like my winter ones, so I won't get reinfected. And then treat the closet where they were stored. I'm not looking forward to it. I am tired of it, too. it doesn't ever seem to end, does it.
Hey WOW AND MAGADA, One of the best things I purchased was a steamer. I steam all if my clothes for the week. I use to steam underwear, socks you name it I steamed it lol. The only clothing I didn't steam was white clothes. I felt like if these mites are going to still be alive after arm and hammer, bleach and dryer then I'm doomed. WOW do you feel like you are cured? I read on the birds mite site that a lot of people have found success in using the "new" moth balls On there clothing. I hate the smell, but it's something to consider. They also mention using bounce dryer sheets. Now that smells good I keep the sheets in the draws. I hope your cured and Magda good luck. I know I can not be in a dusty place or put on clothes that have been in the closet. I feel like stuffs crawling all over me.
FRED

Golden, CO

#78 May 12, 2013
Scabies Mysery wrote:
However, public agencies and the medical establishment refuse to accept changes in current protocols, and they keep saying again and again the same mistaken and absurd explanations. How to force them to change and do a real research ? My theory: writing complaints against them in the state medical board. I know when you write a complaint against a doctor, he or she really starts to study your case seriously. It is very sad, but unfortunately, is the only way
As a physician you need to quit assuming that the diagnosis is assured. There are many types of infections that also cause scabies symptoms. The pathogens that cause these are more virulent and more numerous now partly because of genetic engineering. About 15 years ago a pathogenic bacteria that was designed in labs to accomplish horizontal gene transfer started to be introduced into agriculture. Now it is world wide. The people behind the development of this agrobacterium said that it was incapable of crossing species. They were wrong it readily accomplishes horizontal gene transfer in all species including humans. These has allowed pathogens to readily share DNA and it has cause the development of new pathogenic species. The vectors for pathogenic infection are now many times greater than before this occurred. The pathogens work synergistically and symbiotically so they easily become more virulent once contracted as they work together. One of the biggest factors is mycoplasma infection. Mycoplasma is actually an infection of DNA trying to create life with new organic matter, BTW it is the causitive agent in gulf war syndrome as it has been weaponized. DNA doesn't die in the same way organisms do , under the right conditions it can survive indefinitely.

If it was just simple mites then people who have been trying to cure themselves for years one this forum and have used everything except an atomic bomb would long ago be cured.
ice

UK

#79 May 15, 2013
We need to uproot the ban on malathon please can some one get this pushed who ever banned it is. Pain bcos it works, its worked for over 50yrs
ice

UK

#80 May 15, 2013
Need malathon to be made widely available
Magda Petit

Curitiba, Brazil

#81 May 15, 2013
Hi all. I went again to my doctor, who suggested I take ivermectin again. I already had it three times, I said. So I agreed to take it once again and apply some kind of mite killer to my skin EVERY EIGHT HOURS for one week. My killers are: sulfur, permetrin lotion and neem oil diluted in a carrier oil. Yes, I am trying neem oil. It soothes my skin, which is a wreck by now. And it has been tried and tested in India with good results. Yes, it smells strange. And I will repeat the ivermectin in 5 days. I also changed my bed, pillows and all, I am sleeping in a mattress with other pillows, covers etc. Other clothes all washed with insect killers (deltamethrin) and ironed HOT. I am feeling quite well, seem to be getting better, besides the Dracula skin (ha). That is the danger. All the other times, I started thinking I got better and then got worse again. The doctor suggested that if I don't get better, we might have to do a biopsy. That's unpleasant but at least the pathology lab will confirm if I have the mites and not a super-mega allergic reaction (which I doubt because allergies don't BITE).
Lindane is out of the question. I don't want to die, I just want to get rid of this pest.
Pray for me, dear friends. Any help accepted gladly.
Magda Petit

Curitiba, Brazil

#82 May 15, 2013
P.S. thanks Need Peace 34 for the steamer idea, I will try to get one.
And thanks, Scabies Misery, for stating what I have been hearing: I am delusional, I need steroids,I have allergies, etc. I said to the doctor: I have a very resistant infection by an ectoparasite, I am not imagining things, I got it from my dogs, my vet got it, the vet's son got it, my daughter got it, but they are all cured and I am not. So help me. And no, I don't want cortisone. I want to kill the mites, just that. And you gave me an idea, I WILL write our medical association here. Thanks.
Worn Out and Weary

Royal Oak, MI

#83 May 15, 2013
Hi, Magda. Very, very glad to hear you are improving a bit. I just wanted to let you know that I bought some 1% lindane shampoo on eBay months ago from some Thailand site and finally got up enough nerve to use it a week ago, because I still had the prickly feeling in my skin. I left it on my skin only about 8 hours, I had no bad reaction from it at all, and I think it helped somewhat. I won't be using it again soon, because I've heard you can only use it once. But I wanted you to know that it seems to have helped me, and I didn't have any reaction. But if what you're using is helping, that's wonderful!! I hope that this time you just keep improving and not relapsing. Keep us informed.

Note to Neadpeace: Hi! Thanks for the advice about the steamer. I've got a steamer but never used it. Gotta get up some patience to use it on everything, though...too tired lately. How are you feeling these days?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
moxidectin for mites? 7 hr marylandscabies 6
the cure is so simple, I can't believe it...... (Jan '11) 12 hr E Albrecht 1,339
Can it be Scabies if it does NOT itch?? (Nov '08) 14 hr problems 10
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 17 hr going crazy 4,176
Aloe Vera 21 hr Depressed and anx... 26
does olive oil and clove oil work Tue itchgoingaway 6
help scabies are driving me mad. Tue Depressed and anx... 2
The solution for scabies is Bleach. This is the... (Mar '12) Nov 22 hankmortenson 136

Scabies People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE