No more lies about scabies.
WeAllItch

Portland, OR

#45 Feb 28, 2013
Also write to your local county health department, your state department of human services etc and keep writing to them until they actually listen to you.

I emailed my local County Health Department a few days ago and got a response within 24hours that said go see a doctor. This was even though I was very specific in that I've had it for a few years and that I know I've infected other people and that those other people have probably infected other people etc.(The email was from the Head of the Health Department's assistant, the head is out on vacation for awhile).

I emailed back reiterating the issue and with in 5 hours got an email back saying she would forward the info to her co-workers. That was two days ago, I emailed yesterday saying that I would like to be kept in the loop of what they are doing to take care of the issue and also that I was happy to provide more info.

I haven't heard anything back yet. I will be emailing again tomorrow and probably calling next week to push them.

---I highly suggest you write AND call the CDC and your health departments.
WeAllItch

Portland, OR

#46 Apr 18, 2013
Hey Scabies Misery,

Would you be willing to help me actually setup/write a petition to the CDC? I think having a team write it and then a ton of people just digitally sign the petition would go a lot faster then individuals writing to them.(We know it's a numbers game with the government, a lot of people are not comfortable writing but would be totally fine signing a petition).
ive been there

Biloxi, MS

#47 Apr 22, 2013
Hi I just wanted to say I have been there for a year and a half until this January after countless dermatologists, 37 tubes or permathrin, many doses of iver, oils, I finally find a cure. My family work in medical field too.
I don't know how we got it but I was the first my hands were whitish flaky and I had a rash on inside of arms, wrists, that is how it started with me. then my baby had it then my husband.
We tried everything and after doing everything I was prescribed I called pharmacies in other countries and everyone of them said sulphur is the only thing that works. I can honestly tell you I was suicidal I could not take it anymore.
the treatment is different than it is here in the states.
but my whole family did it and now I can finally say we have been normal for almost 4 months.
You have to do this and EVERYONE in your house.
we took 8 days off made meals in advance for a whole week (cereal and sandwiches for breakfast and lunch) easier that way
have to get a prescription for precipitated sulfur 8 to 10% for adults and 4% for kids & toddlers
buy or have these that you will dispose after 7-14 days
2 sets of these each:
pijamas
underwear (or more if you can dispose of)
bedding
towels
socks
lots of disposable gloves
two or three 5 galon buckets
two big pots
if you have sensitive skin please the lower % of precipitated sulfur because it is very drying and will hurt otherwise
you will shower at nite. rub sulphur on skin (not necessary on face if you don't have it there)ask for help applying. make sure you apply in every inch of body neck down with special care on the bad spots (these twice a day)
and hands put gloves on and go to bed.
next day boil water and soak bedding and pijamas in water wait until it cools off then wash in washer in hot water. put in dryer. this is for the next day.
I know it is gonna be hard and you are gonna hate it and everyone around you.
the eight day shower in the morning and you just have to do it at nite and so on until the 14 day. if there is kids in your house do this only for 7 days. apply lots of bodylotion on everyone because it will be very drying drink lots of water. please post so I know how you are doing.
Magda

Brazil

#48 Apr 22, 2013
I also have scabies, I got it from two abandoned dogs I decided to adopt. My vet got it too. I already had three doses of ivermectin and several tubes of permethrin creme, washing everything in deltamethrin concentrate(got it from a vet it is used to kill cattle ticks) and still... it won't go away. I am trying sulfur paste at night, seems to give good relief, and also neem oil. During the day I use permethrin lotion. But I am not cured.I am wishing to try acidic treatment to my skin. I tried washing in kombucha, which is acidic tea, and felt very good, despite the vinegar smell. Will come back and share results.
else

Golden, CO

#49 Apr 22, 2013
Magda wrote:
I also have scabies, I got it from two abandoned dogs I decided to adopt. My vet got it too. I already had three doses of ivermectin and several tubes of permethrin creme, washing everything in deltamethrin concentrate(got it from a vet it is used to kill cattle ticks) and still... it won't go away. I am trying sulfur paste at night, seems to give good relief, and also neem oil. During the day I use permethrin lotion. But I am not cured.I am wishing to try acidic treatment to my skin. I tried washing in kombucha, which is acidic tea, and felt very good, despite the vinegar smell. Will come back and share results.
There is an infection that is very similar to scabies symptoms. You can research Artemisinin for the protozoa. Samento and Banderol as well as olive leaf extract for the bacterial.
ive been there

Biloxi, MS

#50 Apr 22, 2013
this is what I don't understand
I wrote everything exactly as we did it in my house and it worked! why do you not try it. instead of talking about other things that are not working.
It is not an easy thing to do but do you rather keep trying or follow treatment as described.
People just want the easy way out and maybe for these mites there is no other cure.
they are resistant to all the man made medications sulphur is natural but it is not an overnite cure. but once gone you won't have any more discomfort.
frustrating trying to help people who don't want to be helped.
Desperate

Ardsley, NY

#51 Apr 22, 2013
Ive been there, did you put sulfur on everynight? You didn't bathe till the 8th day?
Follow up

San Jose, CA

#52 Apr 23, 2013
SCABIES MISERY wrote:
<quoted text>
Supportive IS NOT ENOUGH. Sorry if I insist too much. Write to the CDC, over and over again. Sure scabies is curable, but new treatments, protocols and research is needed. And that won´t happen if we don´t write to the CDC. So, write.
Hi Misery, how are you doing, can you give a follow up on your condition? I defnitely will write the CDC, I have had scabies for over a month, its horrible I know. I have used Perm 5% a few times as well, used tea tree, lavender, eucaylptus, home made sulfer paste (with petroleum), I have also used clove Bud and clove Leaf oil, the clove Bud oil seems to work well, but I wonder when and how long it will have an effect on the eggs? Anyone know? Clove leaf oil burns more when you put on skin (even diluted with olive oil) so you have to be careful, I think I will go back to using the BUD oil. yesterday, just when I thought I may be getting better with these treatments, I discovered new bumps, about 6 of them throughout the day, after taking a shower with castille soap, I did not have any kind of oils or perm on my skin tho, just fresh out of the shower, when I arrived at my Dermatologist appt. and saw the doctor, she said it wasn't scabies and refused to give me a scraping, she said my bumps looked like hives..what a dumb bitch, I wasted $184 dollars on this dam appt. I even explained to her that my internist said it was scabies and already prescribed me perm cream and felt I should see a dermatologist for a scraping..but to no avail. I will continue to pray for a breakthrough on this, and for all of you scabies sufferers.

Next, I have purchased a cedar oil product from best yet, when it comes I am going to shampoo all the carpeting with it and spray the stuff on me, after I get out of the shower and see what happens. I also purchased "Lice B gone" spray (apparently used in convalescent hospitals), which I have read has worked well for some, I currently use one cup of borax for every load of laundry, including a splash of bleach in everything...I am seriously thinking of throwing all my old clothes out and just buying some cheap casual house wear, since I am between jobs and never go out anyway anymore :-(

Also, neem oil, just arrived, I have not experimented with this yet, will let you know.

After the "cedar oil" and " lice b gone" trials, if those do not work I will try purchasing my own Ivermectin and try the perm again, while on it, and/or maybe purchase "Spregel" Aerosol spray, which I ready somewhere on this forum that it works well.

I spray everything down with 91% alcohol, or lysol, and never wear same clothes twice, take extra precautions with my sons bedding and clothes, so that I don't infect him I have done so much but I will not give up because dam scabies to hell!

Im not giving up!
ive been there

Biloxi, MS

#53 Apr 25, 2013
Desperate wrote:
Ive been there, did you put sulfur on everynight? You didn't bathe till the 8th day?
Hi Desperate
Yes from neck down to husband and kids but I put it on my face because I had it on eyelids and cheeks. I did bathe every day. I did put it on day and nite for 8 days and then the other seven days just at nite. Very important to put gloves after you put on hands because in between your fingers is where they concentrate to spread to others. I researched everything and talked to pharmacist in other countries. You do have to get sulphur from a pharmacy that does compounding meds do not go to places like walgreens or savon they don't do it.
please read and if you can print the treatment I described I can assure you it works but the washing part it's very important.
Once you got rid of them you won't itch anymore.
I am describing how we got cured because I was very desperate and tried everything, need oil, olive oil, perma, ivermectin pills and cream, lavander concoctions, for a year and a half believe it was hell.
I think people don't do it because it is a lot of work and because you have to take 8 days off. but we spent a couple of thousand of dollars trying all kinds of things that even the dr admitted don't work anymore
follow it just like I wrote. after seeing my baby cry and be miserable i was so desperate but thank God we are healthy again.
ive been there

Biloxi, MS

#54 Apr 25, 2013
Follow up wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Misery, how are you doing, can you give a follow up on your condition? I defnitely will write the CDC, I have had scabies for over a month, its horrible I know. I have used Perm 5% a few times as well, used tea tree, lavender, eucaylptus, home made sulfer paste (with petroleum), I have also used clove Bud and clove Leaf oil, the clove Bud oil seems to work well, but I wonder when and how long it will have an effect on the eggs? Anyone know? Clove leaf oil burns more when you put on skin (even diluted with olive oil) so you have to be careful, I think I will go back to using the BUD oil. yesterday, just when I thought I may be getting better with these treatments, I discovered new bumps, about 6 of them throughout the day, after taking a shower with castille soap, I did not have any kind of oils or perm on my skin tho, just fresh out of the shower, when I arrived at my Dermatologist appt. and saw the doctor, she said it wasn't scabies and refused to give me a scraping, she said my bumps looked like hives..what a dumb bitch, I wasted $184 dollars on this dam appt. I even explained to her that my internist said it was scabies and already prescribed me perm cream and felt I should see a dermatologist for a scraping..but to no avail. I will continue to pray for a breakthrough on this, and for all of you scabies sufferers.
Next, I have purchased a cedar oil product from best yet, when it comes I am going to shampoo all the carpeting with it and spray the stuff on me, after I get out of the shower and see what happens. I also purchased "Lice B gone" spray (apparently used in convalescent hospitals), which I have read has worked well for some, I currently use one cup of borax for every load of laundry, including a splash of bleach in everything...I am seriously thinking of throwing all my old clothes out and just buying some cheap casual house wear, since I am between jobs and never go out anyway anymore :-(
Also, neem oil, just arrived, I have not experimented with this yet, will let you know.
After the "cedar oil" and " lice b gone" trials, if those do not work I will try purchasing my own Ivermectin and try the perm again, while on it, and/or maybe purchase "Spregel" Aerosol spray, which I ready somewhere on this forum that it works well.
I spray everything down with 91% alcohol, or lysol, and never wear same clothes twice, take extra precautions with my sons bedding and clothes, so that I don't infect him I have done so much but I will not give up because dam scabies to hell!
Im not giving up!
please read treatment I did it worked for my family and I. we all got it and now we are fine. do it for your kids trust me if you got it they will too.
they also have to do the treatment. no other way around it.
ive been there

Biloxi, MS

#55 Apr 25, 2013
fightingheretoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You! Count me in too! I felt stings back in Oct...but never had any signs of anything...until recently...Now I am miserable..husband is not as bad as I am... but I can tell the scabies are still spreading on him too. I am raw under one arm and under my boobes... I am very afraid it's going to turn into a staph infection! they are starting to get on my hands now and up my neck, and face. all over my chest & back...private part .. Feel terrible. Have been trying to clean everything as well as possible... soaking clothes in bleach overnight or ammonia for color clothes... searching all the tricks to do on this forum..trying my best. Have not gone to a dr. but have no faith in them at all anyway...Hate the thought of putting poison on us when it may not work anyways... have tried tons of stuff in the little time I have been infected..some give relief..but that's about it. I am using clove oil on the spots that pop up..but it feels so useless....I did see one with a microscope .. and that's what got me to earthclinic..I found a post with this forum listed & that's what got me here to you all. Thanks!!!
My whole family got it too. I was as miserable as you describe it and did the treatment I describe but after a year a half we are finally well.
please read it and do it exactly as described. you sound just like me.
ive been there

Biloxi, MS

#56 Apr 25, 2013
SCABIES MISERY wrote:
This is enough. No more lies about scabies. Scabies made my life miserable. I have been two yeras with the disease (confirmed with a microscope), I have used permetrin, ivermectin, borax,sulphur, imidacloprid, all that stuff,and NOTHING !! And I suffered all you have been trough: Your family thinking you are exaggerating, your doctors telling you all is in your mind and that you have nothing. And you know ? I am a physician !!!
This is the fact: current treatments and protocols about scabies are incomplete, THEY HAVE TO BE REVIEWED !!.
This are the myths about scabies:
1. If you have scabies, you have to have visible lesions. WRONG ! You might have only the itching for a long time.
2. If you have scabies, your partner has to have symptoms. WRONG ! There might be asymptomatic carriers !! My girlfriend was asymptomatic, she tought I was crazy, and I had to broke with her because she refused to treat herself.
3. If you have scabies, you have to wash your clothes with hot water and change beds and matresses. Ohhhh ! That´s to easy TO SAY, but almost impossible TO DO !! What are you gona wear ? Where are you gonna sleep ? Stupid doctors (and I am one of them)they just don´t think in the nonsenses they say.
4. It is very easy to find scabies with a miscroscope. If you don´t see any mite, then you doný have any. WRONG !! It is very difficult to find any mite with a microscope. I had to wait one hour so that a dermatologist, a friend of mine, could find one (and I asked him becase he was my friend and I told him I was miserable).
So, I ask all the people in this forum TO WRITE TO THE CDC asking for a whle review of the current protocols about scabies, so we might have a hope. Tis is the e-mail: [email protected]
Please, wrie, write, and write, over and over again. This has to change. I am sure clinical information about permetrin and ivermectin was manipulated and all those "studies" are just crap !!.
Please do the treatment I did, I really would like for people like you to listen and try it, after all you have been in hell for how long now? what can you loose?
Magda Petit

Curitiba, Brazil

#57 Apr 27, 2013
Hi there, after trying an "epidemiological approach" it seems I'm finally cured.I thought that I should eliminate possible sources of re-contamination and have a real blast at my own infection, so as to "tire" the mites because, as in epidemics, when they tire and there is no renovated contamination, suddenly they give up. What I did is (I called it THE WAR):
a) try to cure my dogs, got stronger medication for them, and the vet applied a resistant mite-killer that stays for 45 days (Advocate). Expensive, but worth. They finally stopped scratching themselves the same day.
b) disinfected all the places dogs go to, my patio, floors, bedding, etc with water, bleach and insecticide (bought concentrated deltametrin, for cattle)
c) applied neem oil + some drops of teatree oil during the night to my whole body for 3 days, and
d) permethrin during the day
tried to have permetrin reapplied EVERY EIGHT HOURS for three days (started feeling much better instantly)
and
finally
washed everything, from shoes, bags, slippers, carpts, towels, bed sheets, bed covers, etc (I was exhausted) from day 4 of the WAR
Now I am using a softer cream with 10% sulfur, I try to apply it twice a day and it smells a little, I still have dry and strange skin with some sores but it seems to have gone away.
Will keep you informed.
The WAR seems to have worked.
Ah, I also sprayed my car & office chair with insecticide.
Best to you all. Good luck.
Scabies Mysery

Medellín, Colombia

#58 May 5, 2013
ive been there wrote:
this is what I don't understand
I wrote everything exactly as we did it in my house and it worked! why do you not try it. instead of talking about other things that are not working.
It is not an easy thing to do but do you rather keep trying or follow treatment as described.
People just want the easy way out and maybe for these mites there is no other cure.
they are resistant to all the man made medications sulphur is natural but it is not an overnite cure. but once gone you won't have any more discomfort.
frustrating trying to help people who don't want to be helped.
Hello ive been there. We appreciate your help and intentions, and we thank it to you. But it is not that easy. Yes, sulphur is a very old scabicide, and is safe. But it has also many problems.

First, the smell. It just destroys your social life. You cannot work, you cannot do any business, you cannot talk to the people nor neighborhoods. How will you go to a work interview ? All people just see you as some kind of rare bug.

Second, your clothes. They get impregnated by the smell and it is almost impossible to put that smell away. I had to throw away all my clothes.

Considering that, when someone says sulphur is cheap, after two months of treatmeant you will find it was incredibly expensive.

Third, the time. You have to leave it on your skin for a very long time, and to do it for weeks. Well, the time is not a problem itself, but so long time with that smell is to leave people without their jobs.

And the problem is that you might get re-infected. So, a very expensive treatment with no warranty.

So, I am very sorry, but we have to find something better.
Scabies Mysery

Medellín, Colombia

#59 May 5, 2013
Follow up wrote:
<quoted text>
Im not giving up!
I will give you an idea: write a complaint to the state medical board, writing everything your are saying here. It is sad to say, I am also a physician, but I know that the only way to force doctors to put some attention to your problem is writing a complaint. And yes, if you all do the same, the medical stablishment will be forced finally to make a review of current protocols to treat scabies. Do that over and over again, maybe the first answers will be denial, but with the time they will really concerned and worried.

This is what I found:

"If you have a complaint about your doctor's quality of care, fees, or any other aspect of his or her service, contact your state medical board. State medical boards license medical doctors, investigate complaints, and discipline practitioners who violate the law."

And this is the web site:
http://answers.usa.gov/system/selfservice.con...
ive been there

Biloxi, MS

#60 May 5, 2013
hi
If you read my story u can see my whole family had it for over a year and a half.
the treament is for 7 days in which you don't go anywhere and you only have two pair of pijamas and two set of sheets so there is no messing with anything else.
We have been free of these horrible bugs fr 5 months now.
I threw away sheets and pajamas after the treament is over. No smell no anything.
We spent thousands of dollars with all kinds of medications, oils. I tried everything.
I thought I was going crazy. butwe took a week off and my whole family did it.
you probably have no life now anyway.
what do you have to loose? you are just spreading it to other people now.
I'm just grateful I did it just as described and my family and I are well.
wish you the best.
Magda Petit

Curitiba, Brazil

#61 May 5, 2013
Hi there,
I wanted to tell you all that I am well, I think I am cured, but continue to be on the safe side, still using the sulphur cream at night, but with no signs of scabies now for more than one week. Cross your fingers, I think my WAR has won.
Hope you do it too.
dead mites

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#62 May 7, 2013
Lindane lotion for round one kills scabies quite well. Round 2 bag up everything in plastic bags. Wrap your mattress and pillow in plastic cases. Quite cheap at K mart, Round 3 Permethrin 10% insecticide. Mix it with a body lotion of your choice 50/50. Can be obtained at a farm supplier or at amazon. Round 4, mix permethrin with a leave on conditioner. The perm. 10% continues killing for 28 days. I use it daily on myself and every 3 days on my dog. I use one sheet and one cover to sleep. Wash daily in hot wash with bleach. Spray down plastic mattress cover with permethrin diluted with water in a spray bottle daily. Bathroom, toilet, and shower should be sprayed with bleach daily. Sounds like a pain in the ass but so are the stinking parasites to get rid of. If you have carpet you are screwed!
Scabies Mysery

Medellín, Colombia

#63 May 7, 2013
dead mites wrote:
Lindane lotion for round one kills scabies quite well. Round 2 bag up everything in plastic bags. Wrap your mattress and pillow in plastic cases. Quite cheap at K mart, Round 3 Permethrin 10% insecticide. Mix it with a body lotion of your choice 50/50. Can be obtained at a farm supplier or at amazon. Round 4, mix permethrin with a leave on conditioner. The perm. 10% continues killing for 28 days. I use it daily on myself and every 3 days on my dog. I use one sheet and one cover to sleep. Wash daily in hot wash with bleach. Spray down plastic mattress cover with permethrin diluted with water in a spray bottle daily. Bathroom, toilet, and shower should be sprayed with bleach daily. Sounds like a pain in the ass but so are the stinking parasites to get rid of. If you have carpet you are screwed!
Lindane is very toxic and carcinogenic. And the repeated use of permetrin is also dangerous. That is why we need safer options and new protocols.
dead mites

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#64 May 7, 2013
This is working for me so far, If you decide to do it, Do so at your own risk. I read permethrine is not toxic to humans. However im just stating my experience. I am not a physician

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Skin Mites Support Group--join us! 1 hr Nate 1
Lye Baths& Rubs to Reveal Nests & Bites (Feb '13) 1 hr Catlaw 34
Look at this picture of skin with mites and mig... (Apr '08) 5 hr Ms_Sunshine 143
What cures scabies or mites 7 hr Killmitesgone 1
The solution for scabies is Bleach. This is the... (Mar '12) 9 hr Feelinghopeless 250
How to keep these mites out of your hair (Mar '10) 15 hr Diane 42
Enzymes works green kleen or biokleen bac-out Wed Feels better works 57
More from around the web