No more lies about scabies.

Posted in the Scabies Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
SCABIES MISERY

Bogotá, Colombia

#1 Mar 12, 2012
This is enough. No more lies about scabies. Scabies made my life miserable. I have been two yeras with the disease (confirmed with a microscope), I have used permetrin, ivermectin, borax,sulphur, imidacloprid, all that stuff,and NOTHING !! And I suffered all you have been trough: Your family thinking you are exaggerating, your doctors telling you all is in your mind and that you have nothing. And you know ? I am a physician !!!

This is the fact: current treatments and protocols about scabies are incomplete, THEY HAVE TO BE REVIEWED !!.

This are the myths about scabies:

1. If you have scabies, you have to have visible lesions. WRONG ! You might have only the itching for a long time.

2. If you have scabies, your partner has to have symptoms. WRONG ! There might be asymptomatic carriers !! My girlfriend was asymptomatic, she tought I was crazy, and I had to broke with her because she refused to treat herself.

3. If you have scabies, you have to wash your clothes with hot water and change beds and matresses. Ohhhh ! That´s to easy TO SAY, but almost impossible TO DO !! What are you gona wear ? Where are you gonna sleep ? Stupid doctors (and I am one of them)they just don´t think in the nonsenses they say.

4. It is very easy to find scabies with a miscroscope. If you don´t see any mite, then you doný have any. WRONG !! It is very difficult to find any mite with a microscope. I had to wait one hour so that a dermatologist, a friend of mine, could find one (and I asked him becase he was my friend and I told him I was miserable).

So, I ask all the people in this forum TO WRITE TO THE CDC asking for a whle review of the current protocols about scabies, so we might have a hope. Tis is the e-mail: cdcinfo@cdc.gov

Please, wrie, write, and write, over and over again. This has to change. I am sure clinical information about permetrin and ivermectin was manipulated and all those "studies" are just crap !!.
RRRRRR

Round Rock, TX

#2 Mar 12, 2012
How to cure?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3 Mar 12, 2012
SCABIES MISERY wrote:
This is enough. No more lies about scabies. Scabies made my life miserable. I have been two yeras with the disease (confirmed with a microscope), I have used permetrin, ivermectin, borax,sulphur, imidacloprid, all that stuff,and NOTHING !! And I suffered all you have been trough: Your family thinking you are exaggerating, your doctors telling you all is in your mind and that you have nothing. And you know ? I am a physician !!!

This is the fact: current treatments and protocols about scabies are incomplete, THEY HAVE TO BE REVIEWED !!.

This are the myths about scabies:

1. If you have scabies, you have to have visible lesions. WRONG ! You might have only the itching for a long time.

2. If you have scabies, your partner has to have symptoms. WRONG ! There might be asymptomatic carriers !! My girlfriend was asymptomatic, she tought I was crazy, and I had to broke with her because she refused to treat herself.

3. If you have scabies, you have to wash your clothes with hot water and change beds and matresses. Ohhhh ! That´s to easy TO SAY, but almost impossible TO DO !! What are you gona wear ? Where are you gonna sleep ? Stupid doctors (and I am one of them)they just don´t think in the nonsenses they say.

4. It is very easy to find scabies with a miscroscope. If you don´t see any mite, then you doný have any. WRONG !! It is very difficult to find any mite with a microscope. I had to wait one hour so that a dermatologist, a friend of mine, could find one (and I asked him becase he was my friend and I told him I was miserable).

So, I ask all the people in this forum TO WRITE TO THE CDC asking for a whle review of the current protocols about scabies, so we might have a hope. Tis is the e-mail: cdcinfo@cdc.gov

Please, wrie, write, and write, over and over again. This has to change. I am sure clinical information about permetrin and ivermectin was manipulated and all those "studies" are just crap !!.
I will write the CDC. Did you try Clove Oil? Some said they were cured by it after the ivermectin and Permethrin failed.
FRED

Denver, CO

#4 Mar 13, 2012
mitewarrior77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will write the CDC. Did you try Clove Oil? Some said they were cured by it after the ivermectin and Permethrin failed.
MW77 save yourself the trouble. I wrote the CDC 6 months ago, it took a month for them to get beck to me with something you can find on google easily, and there is a bunch of misleading info. Maybe if a bunch of people send something to Kathleen Sebelius.

Anyway here it is;

Thank you for your inquiry to CDC-INFO. In response to your request for information on canine scabies that can spread to humans, we can provide you with the following information.

Please note CDC-INFO cannot answer medical questions or provide consultation. These questions are best answered by a doctor who is most familiar with your condition. In the meantime, we have provided the following information and hope you find it helpful.

Animals do not spread human scabies. Pets can become infested with a different kind of scabies mite that does not survive or reproduce on humans but causes "mange" in animals. If an animal with "mange" has close contact with a person, the animal mite can get under the person’s skin and cause temporary itching and skin irritation. However, the animal mite cannot reproduce on a person and will die on its own in a couple of days. Although the person does not need to be treated, the animal should be treated because its mites can continue to burrow into the person’s skin and cause symptoms until the animal has been treated successfully.

Scabies is spread by direct, prolonged, skin-to-skin contact with a person who has scabies. Contact generally must be prolonged. A quick handshake or hug usually will not spread scabies. It is spread easily among sexual partners and household members. Scabies in adults is often sexually acquired. Scabies sometimes is spread indirectly by sharing articles from an infested person. These articles include clothing, towels, or bedding. However, such indirect spread happens more easily when the infested person has "crusted" scabies.

Products used to treat scabies are called scabicides because they kill scabies mites; some also kill eggs. Scabicides to treat human scabies are available only with a doctor's prescription; no "over-the-counter" (non-prescription) products have been tested and approved for humans.

Always follow carefully the instructions provided by the doctor and pharmacist, as well as those contained in the box or printed on the label. When treating adults and older children, scabicide cream or lotion is applied to all areas of the body from the neck down to the feet and toes; when treating infants and young children, the cream or lotion also is applied to the head and neck. The medication should be left on the body for the recommended time before it is washed off. Clean clothes should be worn after treatment.

In addition to the infested person, treatment also is recommended for household members and sexual contacts, particularly those who have had prolonged skin-to-skin contact with the infested person. All persons should be treated at the same time in order to prevent reinfestation.

Retreatment may be necessary if itching continues more than 2 to 4 weeks after treatment or if new burrows or rash continue to appear.

Never use a scabicide intended for veterinary or agricultural use to treat humans!

For more information about scabies, please visit the CDC websites:

Scabies Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Center for Global Health, Division of Parasitic Diseases and Malaria
http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/scabies/gen_info...

Parasites - Scabies: Treatment
http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/scabies/treatmen...

Parasites - Scabies
http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/scabies/
SCABIES MISERY

Bogotá, Colombia

#5 Mar 13, 2012
What a crap !!!

This are another myths about scabies:

5. Mites only can live outside the human body 3-4 days, then they die. WRONG !!! They might live weeks, even months outside the human body.

6. Scabicides kill all the mites. WRONG !! What about the eggs ? What about the intermediate forms ? Did you know the scabies mite has 6 intermediate forms, and that scabicides only kill the adult mite ?

7. Scabies never affects hands and head. WROOOOONGGGGG !!! I have scabies on my head, I HAVE SCABIES IN MY EARS, ND OF COURSE, I HAVE SCABIES ON MY HANDS !

8. Scabies in dogs an other animals cannot infect humans. WRONG ! They do it. Don´t ask a doctor (they are so dumm), ask a farmer or a vet, and see what they answer you. All farmers know scabies in animals infect humans, they have know that for centuries.

I insist. Lets call for a crusade. WRITE TO THE CDC . You surrender too soon FRED. Of course , if only one or two people write to the CDC, they won´t consider it important. But what about hundreds? I counted almost 2000 people in this forum. If we all write to the CDC, they will be forced to accept the problem and review all protocols and treatments and make more research. I mean, if you want to suffer this disease quiet and alone, that`s your decision. But I am going to fight, I am going to show those burocrats in the CDC they are wrong and just telling the same lies una incomplete informatios. Tohos who want to figt with me, let´s start right know. This the e-mail: cdcinfo@cdc.gov .

Explai your case to the CDC, and at the end ask for a revision of current treatments and protocols.

Location hidden

#6 Mar 13, 2012
Thanks Fred. I'm not surprised the CDC responded the way they did. People with Scabies are obviously on their own with regard to treatment options. Both the CDC and the medical community are a huge disappointment. The best we can do is help each other and be supportive.
SCABIES MISERY

Bogotá, Colombia

#7 Mar 13, 2012
mitewarrior77 wrote:
Thanks Fred. I'm not surprised the CDC responded the way they did. People with Scabies are obviously on their own with regard to treatment options. Both the CDC and the medical community are a huge disappointment. The best we can do is help each other and be supportive.
Supportive IS NOT ENOUGH. Sorry if I insist too much. Write to the CDC, over and over again. Sure scabies is curable, but new treatments, protocols and research is needed. And that won´t happen if we don´t write to the CDC. So, write.

Location hidden

#8 Mar 13, 2012
Will do.
PivotalDecision

Pozzo Di Gotto, Italy

#9 Mar 14, 2012
People the cure is the cheapest thing to buy. It's called bleach.
FRED

Denver, CO

#10 Mar 14, 2012
PivotalDecision wrote:
If you want to damage your skin even more. Many,many people on this forum have used bleach without any cure.

If it was that easy there would only have to be one thread in this forum.

Location hidden

#11 Mar 14, 2012
PivotalDecision wrote:
You obviously never had Scabies and don't know what you're talking about.
TheresAlwaysHope Man

Bellevue, NE

#12 Mar 14, 2012
I too will write the CDC. I have had this disease for 4 months, and I can't do anything that I like. My social life is dwindling and so is my ambition...sometimes worse. This is all unacceptable to me. Count me in. That's 4.
SCABIES MISERY

Bogotá, Colombia

#13 Mar 14, 2012
PivotalDecision, did you already write to the CDC ? Write to the CDC telling your case and that protocols should be reviewed, instead of making useless recomendations. By the way, I used bleach with no result (just more damage and poison on my skin).

Location hidden

#14 Mar 14, 2012
I wrote to the CDC yesterday. It's in the mail. I mailed it Certified Return Receipt. All of us must write the CDC to insist that they bring the Scabies protocols up to date.
FRED

Denver, CO

#15 Mar 14, 2012
After I got out of the navy they sent me a letter saying I owed them $4600 overpayment. Over the next year I sent them 3 letters explaining why I didn't in a wide variety of anything i could think of excuses. I never heard from them again. It's the nature of government beaurocracy. People are on the cushy g payroll, they get transferred or loose interest or get directed to do something else, or the file falls in a trash can. They are a bunch of high paid slackers because they know they can get away with it.

I think that's part of the problem with the CDC
that's why it took them 3 years to investigate Morgelons after getting a petition with 10,000 signatures.

maybe we should write the secretary of health.

http://www.hhs.gov/secretary/about/biography/...

Location hidden

#16 Mar 14, 2012
Sending the same CDC letter to the Secretary of Health. Good idea. Will mail tomorrow.
FRED

Denver, CO

#17 Mar 14, 2012
mitewarrior77 wrote:
Sending the same CDC letter to the Secretary of Health. Good idea. Will mail tomorrow.
Thank you MW
Kayla

Woodland Hills, CA

#18 Mar 14, 2012
I'll write a letter. I totally agree, the protocols for dealing with human parasites is pathetically outdated. And not just for scabies. Look, I've been dealing with some asshole mite infestation for months now, going on 4. I've done everything. Went to three doctors, the last one a highly respected dermatologist with more than 50 years experience. He was the ONLY doctor out of the three who thoroughly examined my whole body with a large magnifying glass with a light on it, and did a skin scrape. He also did a biopsy. He found no mites on me. Granted that was one week after I complete FIVE permethrin treatments. But sure enough, on the third week, a new patch of 4 bites popped up on my upper left arm. Treated them with sulfur (40%) and vaseline, and they quickly dried up. My itching is minimal now. It's in my scalp sometimes, and some nights during my sleep. It's not "post scabies," not all of it, because I end up getting bumps that last a while. I had one of these "post-scabies" bumps biopsied, and it came back "compatable with arthropod bite." Yeah, well duh!!!!
Anyway, my doc says I don't have scabies, never did -- he says. He says after all that treatment, there's "no way" I have scabies. He says it has to be another type of mite, maybe tropical rat mites or bird mites. Thing is, I don't have any bird or rat nests around me. And I moved after I contracted this thing -- which, btw, I contracted in the ER of my local hospital!!! So far, I've been to THREE doctors, spent over $2000 on various treatments and cleaning gadgets, and I'm still getting bit. I fucking hate it! The medical community is completely incompetent when dealing with skin parasites. And to my way of thinking, this should be an easy fix, like getting rid of fleas or lice. The medical community seriously needs to get their act together and update their information on these things. And no doctor should have the right to call themselves a dermatologist if they can't cure you of something as simple as scabies! Come on, get real! But they're too pre-occupied catering to the desperate middle-agers who want botox and filler injections. Medicine is just pathetic. Doctors overcharge, and they do SHIT to help the suffering. I've lost faith in them.
Anyway, I really think I'm nearing the end with this. I shower 2x daily, use sulfur soap, and apply homemade sulfur ointment on any fresh outbreak or itchy areas. I'm going to switch out the sticky vaseline for grapeseed oil tomorrow. I also bought a high-powered magnifying glass with a light ($9 at Fry's) to inspect my skin. I have Diatomacious Earth sprinkled all over my carpets, wash my bedding and clothes daily (A&H, borax, hot water), and I have a shark steamer, a Rowenta steam iron station, and a Verilux santizing wand, and clove oil. Taking valium every night now, too. I feel almost normal. If I can go for one month without itching, I'll feel safe, but I'm not there yet. I'm actually itching a little bit right now. And I can't stop doing the cleaning, because I know it will get worse. I already tried that experiment and it failed. Will be doing TWO Raid Max fogging treatments in the infested rooms of my house, one on Saturday, and another a week from then. I just have to wait for them to arrive in the mail from Amazon.
Yeah, I'll def. write the CDC. I should not have had to experiment so much to find the thing that works. I did the bleach baths. Effed up my skin for several days. I don't recommend it! Sulfur and vaseline work much better. But don't just do 10%. You can use up to 40% sulfur if you're not allergic to it. Buy the powdered kind on Amazon. Also, a thick glob of mayonnaise on your hair and scalp will help suffocate the little bastards on your scalp. Use a shower cap and keep on at least 2 hours. Or overnight.
Kayla

Woodland Hills, CA

#19 Mar 14, 2012
I'll write a letter. I totally agree, the protocols for dealing with human parasites is pathetically outdated. And not just for scabies. Look, I've been dealing with some A-hole mite infestation for months now, going on 4. I've done everything. Went to three doctors, the last one a highly respected dermatologist with more than 50 years experience. He was the ONLY doctor out of the three who thoroughly examined my whole body with a large magnifying glass with a light on it, and did a skin scrape. He also did a biopsy. He found no mites on me. Granted that was one week after I complete FIVE permethrin treatments. But sure enough, on the third week, a new patch of 4 bites popped up on my upper left arm. Treated them with sulfur (40%) and vaseline, and they quickly dried up. My itching is minimal now. It's in my scalp sometimes, and some nights during my sleep. It's not "post scabies," not all of it, because I end up getting bumps that last a while. I had one of these "post-scabies" bumps biopsied, and it came back "compatable with arthropod bite." Yeah, well duh!!!!

Anyway, my doc says I don't have scabies, never did -- he says. He says after all that treatment, there's "no way" I have scabies. He says it has to be another type of mite, maybe tropical rat mites or bird mites. Thing is, I don't have any bird or rat nests around me. And I moved after I contracted this thing -- which, btw, I contracted in the ER of my local hospital!!! So far, I've been to THREE doctors, spent over $2000 on various treatments and cleaning gadgets, and I'm still getting bit. I fucking hate it! The medical community is completely incompetent when dealing with skin parasites. And to my way of thinking, this should be an easy fix, like getting rid of fleas or lice. The medical community seriously needs to get their act together and update their information on these things. And no doctor should have the right to call themselves a dermatologist if they can't cure you of something as simple as scabies! Come on, get real! But they're too pre-occupied catering to the desperate middle-agers who want botox and filler injections. Medicine is just pathetic. Doctors overcharge, and they do Sh$t to help the suffering. I've lost faith in them.

Anyway, I really think I'm nearing the end with this. I shower 2x daily, use sulfur soap, and apply homemade sulfur ointment on any fresh outbreak or itchy areas. I'm going to switch out the sticky vaseline for grapeseed oil tomorrow. I also bought a high-powered magnifying glass with a light ($9 at Fry's) to inspect my skin. I have Diatomacious Earth sprinkled all over my carpets, wash my bedding and clothes daily (A&H, borax, hot water), and I have a shark steamer, a Rowenta steam iron station, and a Verilux santizing wand, and clove oil. Taking valium every night now, too. I feel almost normal. If I can go for one month without itching, I'll feel safe, but I'm not there yet. I'm actually itching a little bit right now. And I can't stop doing the cleaning, because I know it will get worse. I already tried that experiment and it failed. Will be doing TWO Raid Max fogging treatments in the infested rooms of my house, one on Saturday, and another a week from then. I just have to wait for them to arrive in the mail from Amazon.

Yeah, I'll def. write the CDC. I should not have had to experiment so much to find the thing that works. I did the bleach baths. Effed up my skin for several days. I don't recommend it! Sulfur and vaseline work much better. But don't just do 10%. You can use up to 40% sulfur if you're not allergic to it. Buy the powdered kind on Amazon. Also, a thick glob of mayonnaise on your hair and scalp will help suffocate the little bastards on your scalp. Use a shower cap and keep on at least 2 hours. Or overnight.
SCABIES MISERY

Bogotá, Colombia

#20 Mar 15, 2012
Well, it might be a good idea to write to the CDC and the Secretary of Health. With Kayla, TheresAlwaysHope Man, FRED, mite warrior and myself, that would be five. Well, a good start. Other people who want to join us, they are welcome.

By the way: scabies is not morgellons (in morgellons the fibers are typical, not in scabies). In fact, updating scabies protocols would clear the differencial diagnosis with morgellons.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
scabies or what????? (Nov '11) 11 min homeless 18
PLEASE HELP ME... do i have scabies? 16 min Depressed and anx... 4
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) 18 min Depressed and anx... 898
Fogging (Jun '10) 1 hr Dan 12
How to get rid of scabies...very quick and on p... (Aug '12) 9 hr scaredofscabies 46
Morgellons and Lyme from mite infections (May '13) 9 hr Flossy 452
Scabies Cure: SULFUR (Oct '08) 13 hr Dan 285
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Dec 23 Jodyy 4,184
More from around the web