Chuntis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Me and my kids went on a trip to mazatlan and got the scabbies mites I bought tea tree oil and applied it everyday for a week it seemed to be working but the itching started again.i began applying the oil again but nothing ..i think they got immune to it .that oil really stinks.i did the permethrin and I actually slept through two nights but started.getting new bumps.im thinking of staying at my dads since he.doesnt have.carpet but applying the permethrin again and waiting some hours.before i go and since me n the kids will share the bed definately get a plastic cover for.the.matress and as soon as i get up throw the sheets in the.washer not gonna use pillows at all ..hoping the mites at.home will die since people say they.cant live without humans no more than 2 or 3 days
Free at last

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

I got cured from scabbies. It's been months now that I have not found any bites or bumpy trails of the eggs under my skin. It took a while for me to get rid of them. I tried Clorox baths, alcohol, anti itching creams & powder, citrus oils.. Etc it goes on and on. Well let me tell you that the permethrin Does work with the help of Sulfur and Tea Tree oil. Every day I showered with sulfur soap you can find it at Target, riteaide, Walmart, cvs, and any Hispanic stores. For me as a Latina it was easy to get. So shower everyday twice a day with the sulfur soap. After my shower I would dry myself off and rub myself down with tea tree oil. But I didn't use the tea tree oil alone. I bought plain lotion with no scent for example like the Vaseline brand and the store brand for target which is Up & Up well I already had a small lubiderm bottle it was about 6oz so I would mix my plain lotion with tea tree oil. I wouldn't really measure the tea tree oil I would just add to where I felt it was enough for my 6oz of lotion. So I would rub that from the neck down to the sole of my feet after each shower. The mix of lotion and tea tree oil helped so much i was able to sleep through the night and i had an itch or two during the day it was such a great feeling not having to scratch all the time so I even added tea tree oil to my shampoo and conditioner. Well I did that for about a month twice a day sometimes. And on the bumpy areas I would dab a bit of tea tree oil by itself. After I went to the doctor and for permethrin. I put it on from the neck down covering all areas. I used permethrin three times a week apart each so that was three weeks and that's it I was done with scabbies. I did wash all my sheets and clothes everyday with hot water and extended hot dry. Change your sheets everyday and you can put your pillows in bags or throw them in then dryer. Do not use anything twice. Try to always vacuum your carpet. Ohhh I also sprayed my mattress, shoes, couches and car seats and seat belts with a spray I bought at rite aide. I don't remember the name of the spray but if you do decide to buy the spray look at the labels in the back and make sure it has permethrin. The spray I bought had 1% permethrin. oh by the way I also bought the tea tree oil from the same stores I mentioned. This might sound like a long process but it's really not as bad as it might sound just have some patience and you'll be cured :) well good luck to you guys and be careful :)
Free at last

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Chuntis wrote:
Me and my kids went on a trip to mazatlan and got the scabbies mites I bought tea tree oil and applied it everyday for a week it seemed to be working but the itching started again.i began applying the oil again but nothing ..i think they got immune to it .that oil really stinks.i did the permethrin and I actually slept through two nights but started.getting new bumps.im thinking of staying at my dads since he.doesnt have.carpet but applying the permethrin again and waiting some hours.before i go and since me n the kids will share the bed definately get a plastic cover for.the.matress and as soon as i get up throw the sheets in the.washer not gonna use pillows at all ..hoping the mites at.home will die since people say they.cant live without humans no more than 2 or 3 days
Hola chuntis try my solution

I got cured from scabbies. It's been months now that I have not found any bites or bumpy trails of the eggs under my skin. It took a while for me to get rid of them. I tried Clorox baths, alcohol, anti itching creams & powder, citrus oils.. Etc it goes on and on. Well let me tell you that the permethrin Does work with the help of Sulfur and Tea Tree oil. Every day I showered with sulfur soap you can find it at Target, riteaide, Walmart, cvs, and any Hispanic stores. For me as a Latina it was easy to get. So shower everyday twice a day with the sulfur soap. After my shower I would dry myself off and rub myself down with tea tree oil. But I didn't use the tea tree oil alone. I bought plain lotion with no scent for example like the Vaseline brand and the store brand for target which is Up & Up well I already had a small lubiderm bottle it was about 6oz so I would mix my plain lotion with tea tree oil. I wouldn't really measure the tea tree oil I would just add to where I felt it was enough for my 6oz of lotion. So I would rub that from the neck down to the sole of my feet after each shower. The mix of lotion and tea tree oil helped so much i was able to sleep through the night and i had an itch or two during the day it was such a great feeling not having to scratch all the time so I even added tea tree oil to my shampoo and conditioner. Well I did that for about a month twice a day sometimes. And on the bumpy areas I would dab a bit of tea tree oil by itself. After I went to the doctor and for permethrin. I put it on from the neck down covering all areas. I used permethrin three times a week apart each so that was three weeks and that's it I was done with scabbies. I did wash all my sheets and clothes everyday with hot water and extended hot dry. Change your sheets everyday and you can put your pillows in bags or throw them in then dryer. Do not use anything twice. Try to always vacuum your carpet. Ohhh I also sprayed my mattress, shoes, couches and car seats and seat belts with a spray I bought at rite aide. I don't remember the name of the spray but if you do decide to buy the spray look at the labels in the back and make sure it has permethrin. The spray I bought had 1% permethrin. oh by the way I also bought the tea tree oil from the same stores I mentioned. This might sound like a long process but it's really not as bad as it might sound just have some patience and you'll be cured :) well good luck to you guys and be careful :)
Terence 87

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

blah wrote:
has anyone tried using a sauna to kill these bastards? i think i'm going to try
Please don't start using public places like this when you have scabies... you end up spreading it to ppl who don't have them and its really selfish.we had scabies recently and we used the cream prescribed by the doctor ( 5% permethrin) and were extremely diligent w out cleaning (multiple loads of laundry per night, bleached bathrooms and kitchen daily). And it took a while buy we have finally gotten rid of them. And we were also very careful about making sure we didn't go over to anyone's place, didn't go to the gym (any excuse not to go!), didn't touch anyone... bcs we did not want anyone else to suffer from this. So please be careful about using public places like the sauna bcs it's very possible that the cleanig staff will end up getting scabies... and then passing it along to other ppl. And if you're selfish and don't care that other ppl might get this... then maybe think about how you'll have gotten rid of scabies, then maybe one day you'll end up reinfected w scabies again by the ppl you infected.
FRED

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

When I lived in New Jersey the mosquitoes loved to bite me and they left a lot of my friends somewhat alone. i just found out some months ago that i had a life long candida infection, my tongue was always coated and I would scrub it off every morning. When you have candida you're essentially rotting inside, it's a fungal infection and it goes throughout the body. It comes from the American diet where they put refined sugar in everything for one. Mites are attracted to decaying matter, that's why dead people fill up with bugs. Solve your internal problems and the mites won't think your so delicious.

When people have a demodex mite problem it is because they have turned themselves into a place where mites love to breed. Everyone has some demodex but they go crazy when there is a feast at hand.
FRED

Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

When I visit Never Never Land, the mosquitoes always bite me and leave my imaginary friends alone.
Faerie with Ooglies

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

FRED
Germany
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
2 hrs ago When I visit Never Never Land, the mosquitoes always bite me and leave my imaginary friends alone.
Hahha........LOVE your work! Lifts my spirits each time.
Lucy

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Faerie with Ooglies wrote:
FRED
Germany
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
2 hrs ago When I visit Never Never Land, the mosquitoes always bite me and leave my imaginary friends alone.
Hahha........LOVE your work! Lifts my spirits each time.
Fairy, you are the nutty professor here. you pick like we are a scab, until it bleeds and gets puss all over you.
I know that was kind of gross. nutty professors need some gross sometimes.
FRED

Hst, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

I am madder than a midget with a yoyo
Tired

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

FRED wrote:
When I lived in New Jersey the mosquitoes loved to bite me and they left a lot of my friends somewhat alone. i just found out some months ago that i had a life long candida infection, my tongue was always coated and I would scrub it off every morning. When you have candida you're essentially rotting inside, it's a fungal infection and it goes throughout the body. It comes from the American diet where they put refined sugar in everything for one. Mites are attracted to decaying matter, that's why dead people fill up with bugs. Solve your internal problems and the mites won't think your so delicious.
When people have a demodex mite problem it is because they have turned themselves into a place where mites love to breed. Everyone has some demodex but they go crazy when there is a feast at hand.
Fred, I heard that one of these would be beneficial to your health, and possibly, to keep mosquitos off of you.

http://www.oprah.com/health/Life-Extension-Te...
LLL

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

All you need is SCABIES-KILLER.COM
It is 100% natural, essential oil based, actually works, watch the vid. GOOD LUCK
IMitchy2

Newbury Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

duite wrote:
I am building an in home infrared sauna that is supposed to penetrate into your skin 2 inches(I am not building it for the scabes but for health and wellness) it should be completed soon. I will let yall know if it helps.
Any other comments on infrared saunas? Anyone?
nick

Dearborn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Christian wrote:
here's an idea. Just as you can use permethrin globally on your entire body then continue to use it locally at problem areas...the Sauna method - which is basically just a global heat treatment - can be equally miniaturized for local treatment on the body with the use of a ...drum roll please...
hair dryer.
It just may get your skin hot enough (as hot as you can bare without seriously burning) to kill the mites beneath. Of course you have to know where they are to heat such a specific area, but for me, i know exactly where they are when i have only a few left.
So, work globally with treatment(s), then move on to all sorts of local treatments since these things really like to stick around. I hadn't seen this method posted anywhere before, but it seems a much more accessible approach for most ppl who want a heat treatment. But again, its only for local use after a global treatment has eliminated most of the mites. Using a hair dryer to treat a major infestation would be downright silly, and dangerous. Then again, i wouldn't be surprised if someone actually tried it...scabies makes for a very desperate person.
Good luck!
hair dryer works, i have done this. Breakouts will keep occuring tho if you do not wash sheets, clothing, and ESPECIALLY SHOES. 1 hour in the dryer on high will do it. I have gotten scabies a few different times from where i do not know but after the first doctor visit i knew every other time what it was as soon as it started. Hair dryer worka, hot water (be careful how long you do it) extremely hot showers or running a bathtub full of only hot water, wait for it to cool slightly. Easy way to know its working, when heat is applied you`ll feel a sting as if they`re going berserk and just biting. Also extreme cold will kill them but its much more painful than heat and harder to tellif they`re dead from the numbness. Have fun guys n gals.
andrew

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

I used a wet sauna an dry sauna for 2 weeks every day.just 10 minutes in each.i took moisturizer in with me to prevent really dry skin.
on top on this,once u get out of your clothes,wash them again in a hot water cycle. I slept on a leather sofa for 2 weeks and wiped down in morning and night and every morning washed my bedding an tumbled dried.
when i took my shoes off I out in freezer and anything I touched or used I would wash or isolate untill I was sure it would be ok to use again.
im now clear of scabies. The sauna has been the biggest help.try it.the first night u will notice u probably might not even scratch.now my skin is almost clear again
Bugged Out

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

I have had scabies for 6 years now and saunas really help. While I am not cured yet I am not bothered by the mites as long as I use my sauna daily. I have a very good inexpensive portable sauna that I bought off of Amazon. When I start to sweat I rub sea salt and peroxide on my skin while still in the sauna.

Sea salt, borax, and peroxide work wonders.

6 years?? I became pregnant soon after my scabies diagnosis and was told by my doctor to stop all treatments even while nursing, which I did. I was able to keep scabies at bay for 1 1/2 years but when I was ready to take Iver and Perm again it was too late and they never worked
GoBulls

Chicago Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2013

After reading here: http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/scabies/gen_info... on the Center for Disease Control website that scabies mites will die if exposed to a temperature of 50C (122F) for 10 minutes, my and I decided to try a sauna since the temperature usually ranges from 158 to 212F. Although I read somewhere that one's skin temperature maxes out around 120F the sauna definitely worked for both of us. We did two sessions of 15 to twenty minutes each separated by an about an hour of so of re-hydration and relaxing. Before the sauna the itching had been so bad for days that we could hardly concentrate on anything else. The sauna definitely worked for us. I would also recommend the CDC FAQ sited above as a source for good info.
anonymous

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

use a sulfur acne ointment, it works the best. seriously. onred on amazon. I had scabies for months before trying this. 10 days and you are free.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

80 Users are viewing the Scabies Forum right now

Search the Scabies Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) 53 min Deedee 612
SCAMS dont buy these for scabies their scams 7 hr Ivectrin dont work 3
Cheapest online cure for scabies 7 hr Albendazol dont work 1
Bartonella-like bacteria carried by domestic mi... 19 hr FRED 8
If you're desperate (Feb '12) 23 hr stevec 44
Post Scabies Red Bumps (Aug '09) Tue ken 124
How I got Rid of Scabies Tue Danny 10
will sulfur soap get rid of scabies (Jun '10) Jul 18 Jennifer 182
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) Jul 17 Worried 856