jammer

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2008

In the past i have heard of people using this technique but i dont believe it will cure you but will kill a lot of mites.

There used to an old board that was very good called thesafe2use board there might be something on there i think some of the old posts are still there.
blah

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2008

so i ended up going last night and all i can say is wow...i noticed a huge difference between tonight and last night. at about this time, the mite are normally really taking a go at me. in the last few days, i could even feel them around my eyes biting at the soft tissue parts (sry i'm know that's pretty sick). i'm guessing its from maybe scratching and eventually rubbing my eyes. i'm going to hit the sauna again tonight. like i said, HUGE difference. in my experience, its given me the greatest amount of relief i've had in just a single day. i'm normally itching by this time even a day after taking the Stromectol, which i'll keep taking with the msm shampoo that i'm using as lotion, since its more potent. i think these three will make a very effective combination.
Welty

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

Get back to us about this. I am open minded, but the Sauna did not help Sam or Nordic for very long - they gave up on this method. It will not kill anything burrowed below the skin, but I think the Stromectol should help a lot there.
Itty Bitty Critters

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

Judged:

blah wrote:
so i ended up going last night and all i can say is wow...i noticed a huge difference between tonight and last night. at about this time, the mite are normally really taking a go at me. in the last few days, i could even feel them around my eyes biting at the soft tissue parts (sry i'm know that's pretty sick). i'm guessing its from maybe scratching and eventually rubbing my eyes. i'm going to hit the sauna again tonight. like i said, HUGE difference. in my experience, its given me the greatest amount of relief i've had in just a single day. i'm normally itching by this time even a day after taking the Stromectol, which i'll keep taking with the msm shampoo that i'm using as lotion, since its more potent. i think these three will make a very effective combination.
There was a poster a while back that was cured going to the sauna. When I used the sauna, these things came out of my face and dripped down to the jaw bone, where they reentered in that area. yikes!! I would use a towel to wipe these things off of you when inside that sauna.
Joey

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2009

Judged:

I have been extremely itchy for the past few months, after several doctor visits I was finally diagnosed with scabies I already put cream on to kill them. Hopefully they are all dead. I've been using Neem soap and lotion which has seemed to help the itch out a lot.

To my question, to the person who stated while using the sauna they exited your face and then re rentered you're jawbone, what do you mean? You actually saw something leave you're body and then re enter it?
duite

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

I am building an in home infrared sauna that is supposed to penetrate into your skin 2 inches(I am not building it for the scabes but for health and wellness) it should be completed soon. I will let yall know if it helps.
Joe

Waipahu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

Joey wrote:
I have been extremely itchy for the past few months, after several doctor visits I was finally diagnosed with scabies I already put cream on to kill them. Hopefully they are all dead. I've been using Neem soap and lotion which has seemed to help the itch out a lot.
To my question, to the person who stated while using the sauna they exited your face and then re rentered you're jawbone, what do you mean? You actually saw something leave you're body and then re enter it?
this is what happened. i sweated alot while in the sauna. very high temp in there. the sweat kind of dripped off my jaw bone area. in that sweat, what do you think was in that sweat? that's right, the invisible to the naked eye mites, which came out of my face. i suppose when things cooled down they reentered in that area. they are not picky. as long as they can reenter into your skin, they are happy. no, you cannot see the mites. they are microscopic.
Joe

Waipahu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

i have now learned to always, and I mean always wipe my skin down with a hot rag. that includes legs, face, arms, feet, hands. and do it often, how often? once every hour.
jilly

Thunder Bay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2009

Judged:

When I had scabies it was the most horrible thing , I felt uncomfortable around everyone and thought it would never end,there is a quick way to end your breakout safely. Permethrin does not work folks if you have had scabies for a couple weeks and it is dangerous.

"STOP Scabies Pain And Itching From Home, In 24 Hours Or Less With No Doctors, No Wasted Money, And No Drugs..."

http://dwarfurl.com/15b76
Dave

Jackson, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Hi folks,

I just got back from an awesome trip to Italy only to find out I have what my doctor THINKS is scabies! I have the standard prescription cream and will try it tonight but some people say it is dangerous. At this point I barely care...I just want to be done with the itching and spots all over my arms and legs!
I want to respond to the sauna idea though. Some websites claim that scabies can't survive if you expose them to only 120F for 10 minutes. I know the ones beneath the skin would present more of a problem but even those are CLOSE to the surface so I still the sauna has merit IF you crank up the heat to whatever you can stand (assuming your doctor says you are in proper condition to tolerate this.)

My brother and I, challenging each other as only brothers can do, kept adding wood to the sauna until, after perhaps 20 minutes or so, we had it up to...I swear this is the truth...212F!!

It wasn't as bad as it sounds because we built up to it slowly...though it was getting pretty hard to breathe. But I actually kind of liked it and found it invigoratiing in a sense.

But now I am thinking...how could scabies mites, even the ones under the surface of the skin, survive THAT? I mean, that's the temperature water boils at!!(which is why we wanted to get it that high.)

So, I don't think it's a question of if the sauna would work..I think it's a question of hot you get it.

PLEASE DON'T TRY THIS UNLESS YOU ARE CONDITIONED DO IT AND *IN* CONDITION FOR IT.

I live in Michigan now...the sauna is in Minnesota I can't try it and give you a report but if anyone out there has a sauna in eastern Michigan I can use, I will be a most willing test subject.

ogatta_com@hotmail.com
Alex

Loon Lake, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

Welty wrote:
Get back to us about this. I am open minded, but the Sauna did not help Sam or Nordic for very long - they gave up on this method. It will not kill anything burrowed below the skin, but I think the Stromectol should help a lot there.
From one open mind to another, I'm afraid I must echo this sentiment. My work frequently takes me out of town with extended hotel stays, during which time I subject myself to grueling sessions in hot tub, pool, finish sauna, and steam room. I have grown gills. I feel rejuvinated and refreshed (as the hotels like to tout) for a spell, and there may be a marked decrease in activity for a time, but the mites are never completely eradicated with these methods. Having stayed at hotels without these anmenities and experiencing similar effect, due most in part from seperation from source of infestation (my house), I have come to the conclusion that sauna therapy does not, on it's own, eradicate an established infestation. I do, however, recommend it as an adjunct to clinically proven drugs and topicals.
Rich

Irvington, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

You can Use Tea Tree Oil
It kills the Mites
I've been using it and it helps
Christian

Nashua, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2010

Judged:

here's an idea. Just as you can use permethrin globally on your entire body then continue to use it locally at problem areas...the Sauna method - which is basically just a global heat treatment - can be equally miniaturized for local treatment on the body with the use of a ...drum roll please...

hair dryer.

It just may get your skin hot enough (as hot as you can bare without seriously burning) to kill the mites beneath. Of course you have to know where they are to heat such a specific area, but for me, i know exactly where they are when i have only a few left.

So, work globally with treatment(s), then move on to all sorts of local treatments since these things really like to stick around. I hadn't seen this method posted anywhere before, but it seems a much more accessible approach for most ppl who want a heat treatment. But again, its only for local use after a global treatment has eliminated most of the mites. Using a hair dryer to treat a major infestation would be downright silly, and dangerous. Then again, i wouldn't be surprised if someone actually tried it...scabies makes for a very desperate person.

Good luck!
Solution

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2010

Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
this is what happened. i sweated alot while in the sauna. very high temp in there. the sweat kind of dripped off my jaw bone area. in that sweat, what do you think was in that sweat? that's right, the invisible to the naked eye mites, which came out of my face. i suppose when things cooled down they reentered in that area. they are not picky. as long as they can reenter into your skin, they are happy. no, you cannot see the mites. they are microscopic.
I hope it.is a private sa
una or.u r infecting.everyone else

There.are.very few people I would wish this in, especially since.they might infect an animal. I m qssionate about.not passing.this
along.
MikDee

Milford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

I would think a tanning salon would work better, and that if mites leave your body, they would die from the dry heat, not infect anybody. I'm ready to try anything!:(
Thinkpositive

Locust Grove, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2011

My uncle and his friends had scabies and he swears the only thing that killed them was lava soap. I'm trying it. It definitely helps w the itching, but well see.
Thinkpositive

Locust Grove, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

This is what is working for me
Baths
Neem oil
Pennyroyal oil
Tea tree oil
(sulpher or msm would be good too)
Sulpher shampoo
10% Sulpher soap
Sulpher ointment
I'm using 2 part sulpher to 8 part lubriderm. 1 to 9 is recommended.
Apply 2 times daily. Keep it on all the time. May need to grind it up in coffee grinder. Then blend in blender. For day use. If you can stand it at night put some Vaseline in it. May want 1 to 9 ratio for face.
Tea tree
Supplements
3/4 tbs msm daily ( herb store)
Neem tincture( orally)
6 caps garlic
6 caps turmeric
Cayanne capsules
Debbie mcadams

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

Judged:

What is the answer
jilly wrote:
When I had scabies it was the most horrible thing , I felt uncomfortable around everyone and thought it would never end,there is a quick way to end your breakout safely. Permethrin does not work folks if you have had scabies for a couple weeks and it is dangerous.
"STOP Scabies Pain And Itching From Home, In 24 Hours Or Less With No Doctors, No Wasted Money, And No Drugs..."
What is the cure. Im living a nightmare
http://dwarfurl.com/15b76
Debbie mcadams

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

Judged:

Please can i come to your sauna

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

165 Users are viewing the Scabies Forum right now

Search the Scabies Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) 7 min Itchy99 874
Morgellons and Lyme from mite infections (May '13) 2 hr FRED 449
2 yrs later its not scabies its lyme disease (May '12) 2 hr FRED 23
Picture and video of scabies 13 hr Cody Oebel 2
SCAMS dont buy these for scabies their scams 13 hr Cody Oebel 6
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Tue Diatomaceous Earth 4,104
ivermectin rash, help! Mon Tucson girl 19
Look at this picture of skin with mites and mig... (Apr '08) Mon skt1970 130
Removing Scabies from your Environment (Jan '08) Aug 15 Poppykat 245
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) Aug 11 real indian 619
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••