Scabies keep recurring every couple of months

Posted in the Scabies Forum

Frustrated

Cape Town, South Africa

#1 May 10, 2013
Hi guys, this is my first post on a forum, so bear with me!
I first got scabies almost a year ago (I have no idea how) and since then it has kept recurring every couple of months.
Every time I go through the whole process of dousing myself with Ascabiol, washing all the linen, clothes and towels.
But low and behold, every time I think it has gone away, there it acts up again. The longest stretch of not having it is about three months.
I simply cannot understand it. Totally at the end of my rope. I'm also the only one in the house who has it. No one else is affected. How is that possible that I keep getting it? Can it stay dormant for a couple of months?
HELP!
cat

Perth, Australia

#2 May 11, 2013
Frustrated wrote:
Hi guys, this is my first post on a forum, so bear with me!
I first got scabies almost a year ago (I have no idea how) and since then it has kept recurring every couple of months.
Every time I go through the whole process of dousing myself with Ascabiol, washing all the linen, clothes and towels.
But low and behold, every time I think it has gone away, there it acts up again. The longest stretch of not having it is about three months.
I simply cannot understand it. Totally at the end of my rope. I'm also the only one in the house who has it. No one else is affected. How is that possible that I keep getting it? Can it stay dormant for a couple of months?
HELP!
This is my experience too. This is my third round.This time I have been treating non stop since december. You may have some 'nests' that the treatment is not reaching

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PLEASE HELP ME... do i have scabies? 1 hr scaredofscabies 7
scabies or what????? (Nov '11) 1 hr scaredofscabies 22
Scabies won't go away (Aug '06) 2 hr Scabies hell 1,199
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) 3 hr homeless 901
Fogging (Jun '10) 5 hr Dan 12
How to get rid of scabies...very quick and on p... (Aug '12) 13 hr scaredofscabies 46
Morgellons and Lyme from mite infections (May '13) 13 hr Flossy 452
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Dec 23 Jodyy 4,184
More from around the web