2 years later!
kelly

Adelaide, Australia

#1 Jul 30, 2013
I posted here a couple of years ago... i had drivem myself mad trying to rid myself of scabies... 4 of us in the house - treated 10 times over 6 months, wrapped EVERYTHING in plastic, scabies cream, ivermectin, bleach.... after seeing several doctors and 2 dermatologists, i just stopped . Was clear within the month!!!

Roll on to this last week. 10 year old comes home with a dermatitis type rash on back of hands. Hurts, but no itch. Really dry skin. Goes away for 2 days, then reappears. Doc said contact dermatitis.
2 days after rash, one of his friends mentiones that someone in their class has had scabies. I immediately start itching!
Mine is more of a burn/prickle than an itch, with a little swelling and pins and needles.Mainly on back of hands and going up arms. NO RASH.
This came on after cleaning the back yard. That was 3 days ago, no change. Im not really itchy anywhere else- any normal type of iych is heightened though because i 'looking' for it

Thoughts?? I feel the mental illness creeping in again!
FRED

Golden, CO

#2 Jul 30, 2013
kelly wrote:
I posted here a couple of years ago... i had drivem myself mad trying to rid myself of scabies... 4 of us in the house - treated 10 times over 6 months, wrapped EVERYTHING in plastic, scabies cream, ivermectin, bleach.... after seeing several doctors and 2 dermatologists, i just stopped . Was clear within the month!!!
Roll on to this last week. 10 year old comes home with a dermatitis type rash on back of hands. Hurts, but no itch. Really dry skin. Goes away for 2 days, then reappears. Doc said contact dermatitis.
2 days after rash, one of his friends mentiones that someone in their class has had scabies. I immediately start itching!
Mine is more of a burn/prickle than an itch, with a little swelling and pins and needles.Mainly on back of hands and going up arms. NO RASH.
This came on after cleaning the back yard. That was 3 days ago, no change. Im not really itchy anywhere else- any normal type of iych is heightened though because i 'looking' for it
Thoughts?? I feel the mental illness creeping in again!
Have your doctor test you for bartonella.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ordering Links (Feb '07) 14 hr Mite b crazy 260
Please help - possible scabies??? 14 hr recreational 12
What makes you worse? (Jul '12) 14 hr Mite b crazy 7
arm & hammer (Sep '09) Thu Bill 985
Neem Oil (Feb '09) Thu KATT 91
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Thu Pinga1 4,701
will sulfur soap get rid of scabies (Jun '10) Thu texnva2 214
More from around the web