Comments
21 - 40 of 40 Comments Last updated Jul 27, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jacqueline

Plattsburgh, NY

#21 Nov 20, 2008
I had these scabies back in April 08,got them from a hospital i had to live there for 12 day
while my son was getting better i slept in s tiny room on a little couch I started itching that night but though it was just stress, the next night i was itching more i tense then when we did get home i was all broken out so i did the cream 2 times we bought our first home, i went
clean crazy thinking they were gone, I then went to my gynacolot for a yeast infection she said you have scabies, i so f---- sick of itching I'm
going crazy,make you think what did they do in the
1800s where do they come from, I hope there gone
my husband & son do not have them so why do i they go out to school and work and they have none
I;ve cleaned top to bottom washed 27 loads i tired
I wash all bending every morning, what can i do

Waiting for a room
Mrs Jacqueline Smalarz
EX-ITCHY

Burton, MI

#22 Nov 20, 2008
Wash with your regular soap and water. You can also spot treat each bite in between treatments. I wouldn't even put it on my face and head unless I had bites there. With scabies mites on your body, you have females under your skin, eating, pooping, and having unprotected sex all over your body. If that isn't bad enough, after the first treatment of Perm, you have dead poopy mites under your skin, with eggs still hatching. The little babies then burrow under the skin and start nursing on your blood. Kill Them! Kill them with anything that will kill them. Permethrin 5% is one of the recommended ways, so I would be more worried about the effects of all these sob's under my skin than anything the Perm can do to me.
Good Luck
EX-ITCHY

Burton, MI

#23 Nov 20, 2008
Lorraine wrote:
A couple quick questions to add for tonight's perm treatment!
1) When I go to wash it off in the morning, just soap and water? I use an olive oil soap, that'll work, right?
2) I have to put it on my face and head, I avoid my eye area and around my mouth and nostrils... Should I be worried about putting it on my face/head?
...No matter how many questions I asked the doctor, he couldn't answer any of them. He used to internet to look information up and print out for me. He didn't tell me what to expect or even to do a second treatment. Thankfully he gave me a prescription for three tubes. That way I could also treat my friend who has it (we shared a sleeping space), and my roommates if need be.
Thanks again!!!!!!
Wash with your regular soap and water. Put it on your face and head if you have bites there. I would worry way more about what the mites are doing to you, eating and pooping and having unprotected sex under your skin. Kill Them!
Doctors mean well, some are better than others. When a doctor gets his license, he has a license to practice medicine. He is PRACTICING on you. That's why they call it a practice. Good Luck
Mite Killer

United States

#24 Nov 20, 2008
EX-ITCHY wrote:
Wash with your regular soap and water. You can also spot treat each bite in between treatments. I wouldn't even put it on my face and head unless I had bites there. With scabies mites on your body, you have females under your skin, eating, pooping, and having unprotected sex all over your body. If that isn't bad enough, after the first treatment of Perm, you have dead poopy mites under your skin, with eggs still hatching. The little babies then burrow under the skin and start nursing on your blood. Kill Them! Kill them with anything that will kill them. Permethrin 5% is one of the recommended ways, so I would be more worried about the effects of all these sob's under my skin than anything the Perm can do to me.
Good Luck
Scabies are not blood feeders, they use enzymes to make our skin just right for munching.

The face and neck should always be treated. Many a sufferer has found mites make their way to untreated areas during the long 12 to 14 hours the scabicide takes to kill these suckers!
Mite Killer

United States

#25 Nov 20, 2008
Actually the term "scabies" is the condition. The mites are called sarcoptic mites.
Jilly

Brisbane, Australia

#26 Nov 22, 2008
EX-ITCHY wrote:
Good Luck
I would make sure you put it on your face neck and ears as i had them on the face the sooner your kill them on face the less sores and damage you will have. They travel 1" in 1/2 hr. I would cover whole body just not in mouth or inside ears best of luck. Dont over treat that could be worse. leave it for 2 weeks it should start improving if they are dead. Every day will get better I had lots of post problems with folliculitis and staph so be aware you may need a course of antibiotics and other treatments.I last reated May this years and still have skin problems and i am sure it was from overtreating savage cycle Jilly
Jilly

Brisbane, Australia

#27 Nov 22, 2008
Hi
If interested go to website www.medscape.com/viewarticle478480
orla

Dublin, Ireland

#28 Dec 1, 2008
ive had scabies for last 3 weeks i treated em twice and both times they cleared up but came back i couldnt understand how they keep comin back but ive lately noticed all of my family scratching a bit more. I think ive given them scabies to but i cant tell my parents cause my mothers accused me of sleeping around recently and i actually amnt. Im pretty sure i got them off an x bf as i no he cheated on me before and i was with him on a really drunken stupid nite. How do i explain to my parent they need 2 be treated for scabies without them thinkin i am sleeping around. im goin insane the itchings killin me and i havent been out with friends just in case i end up givin them to them. if beds and stuff need to be treated do couches also?
Itty Bitty Critters

West Palm Beach, FL

#29 Dec 1, 2008
orla wrote:
ive had scabies for last 3 weeks i treated em twice and both times they cleared up but came back i couldnt understand how they keep comin back but ive lately noticed all of my family scratching a bit more. I think ive given them scabies to but i cant tell my parents cause my mothers accused me of sleeping around recently and i actually amnt. Im pretty sure i got them off an x bf as i no he cheated on me before and i was with him on a really drunken stupid nite. How do i explain to my parent they need 2 be treated for scabies without them thinkin i am sleeping around. im goin insane the itchings killin me and i havent been out with friends just in case i end up givin them to them. if beds and stuff need to be treated do couches also?
don't be too concerned about the fact that you got these from an ex boyfriend. Simply tell them the truth and get it over with. Or you can lie to them and tell them that a friend of yours at work or school had them and gave them to you, etc. Be MORE concerned about getting rid of the scabies. Yes, the couch should be covered in plastic. Or, right now, no one use the couch. Use plastic chairs. You can vacuum the couch, but it doesn't always work. Best to cover in heavy plastic and then clean the plastic often with a bleach and water combination. Everyone in the house will have to be treated, with either permethrin 5% cream, or I am not sure the med most common in your country - possibly malathion lotion. or ivermectin and a topical. Be up front with your parents and get this solved.
EX-ITCHY

Burton, MI

#30 Dec 1, 2008
Scabies mites can be transmitted in many ways, sexually being just one of them. Check the website below:
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/ent/notes/Urban...
Being reinfested is one of the biggest problems in getting rid of the mites permanently. Most people are embarressed to tell anyone around the they even have them. This secrecy play right into the tiny little mite hands because they are so contagious. Every minute without treatment, mites are reproducing on people and they are spreading to infest others, before they even know they have them. Every one needs to start treatment at the same time, other wise you are playing a terrible game of mite tag. You could even come up with some kind of story that you caught the mites from them! The main thing is that you ALL start treatment immediately, if not sooner! Good Luck. This is beatable, but only if everyone treats and you don't keep passing them back and forth!
Worried

Boise, ID

#31 Dec 3, 2008
They said two days ago I have scabies with 80% certainty. I took the cream and I still have lesions in certain areas. I washed everything but I am still worried. From my blood test, my white blood cells were 3.8 which is really low. Does scabies do that?

Does anyone know if my WBC count has anything to do with Scabies?
FREEEEEE

United States

#32 Dec 3, 2008
i has them nasty thing . i used the perme something the doctor prescribed. i applied again 3 days later FROM HEAD TO TOE. i clean and vacumed everythin daily . washed my clothes almost everyday. i was paranoid everytime i thought i had new bumps i applied the cream there. i guess they eventually died.it did a number on my skin....U CAN BEAT SCABIES!
Helk

Emmaus, PA

#34 Mar 31, 2009
My god! I know what it's like people, and trust me, you are not alone. Here is how I see it... You have to:

1. Rent a room for 4 days, make sure that there is a store near you that you can walk to (don't get in your car) for food and drink. You put the Perm on.. Wash everything you have period.. and place it in bags (which you all already know).. but once you do that, do not think about touching them for at least 10 days.. you have to be extreme with these Fu**s.

2. Once the Perm is on your skin, after you do all your laundry and bag it, leave your house and go to the room you rented. Stay for the entire 4 days and right before you go home, use the rest of the perm (you should have saved almost half of it).

3. Go out and buy all new clothes for the next week.( isn't this ridiculous?) of course it is.. but you cannot put the same clothes back on, even if you feel they are mite free.. They're not.

**What really sucks is this.. you can't just stop your life, stop going to work, etc.. so that is what makes this so hard to do. Consider taking a cab to work everyday while you are at the hotel.**

Yes, not everyone has the money to do that, but if you do.. somehow.. you can manage it... DO IT. I spent over a grand going to the extremes of killing these persistant SOB's and guess what? I'm not even sure I'm better yet.

You really have to become a freak for like two weeks to get rid of them... incubate yourself.. do all those things above. You may even consider getting this stuff called "Raid Fumigator" for your room or house.(It has Perm in it) Every article of clothing you put on for two weeks HAS TO have just gotten out of the dryer.(I wash and dry my clothes twice each time)

Fumigate your car, or at least spray lysol in the entire thing and let it air out.

EVEN AFTER ALL THIS, with the way these things are, you're still not guaranteed to be safe from it. Listen, I know this sucks for all of you that have it.. but it has to end sometime and it does go away if you buckle in, make the decision to beat it, and KILL ANY TRACE OF ANYTHING THAT COULD HAVE EVEN A REMOTE CHANCE OF HAVING A MITE IN OR ON IT.

You have to be crazy, and bout yourself against them. Talk to them.. and be happy when your perming yourself or washing your stuff..

I'm on my third treatment, it's been two months, I havn't seen any new bites and it's been 5 days. Yes, when they are healing they scab up and start to fade. The moment you start to see new ones, you can pretty much accept that you havn't gotten rid of them completely. Once they get to the point where they are ruining your life, that's when you'll do all this stuff I just said. Doctors will not tell you how to get rid of them. They'll say "put the cream on, wash all of your clothes and sheets and then bag them for 72 hours" If you want to get reinfested, do exactly that... but if you don't want to get reinfested, TAKE IT 8 STEPS FURTHER. You have to live to kill these things. It's a struggle, but it can be over.. they can die, and you can be free of scabies. I wish all of you the best of luck.. and anyone reading this. You are not alone-
jreese

Lancaster, NY

#36 Apr 22, 2009
i think i have scabies all the internet research i did and it points to this im currently using 1% nix cream wash on my whole body does this work and how long must i apply it for
itchygirl in oh

Youngstown, OH

#37 Apr 23, 2009
Jreese,
Nix 1% will NOT kill them. Go see your doctor or go to a free clinic if you can't afford to. There are some remedies on this site that might work for you, but Nix 1% is nowhere near strong enough. The cream prescribed for scabies is 5% permethrin, so it is 5X as strong as the Nix, and it still does not work for all of us. Good luck.
tyler

Fort Defiance, AZ

#38 Mar 4, 2012
ive had scabies now for about three weeks. i dont know who i got it from but the itching is intense. i used the perm 5 percent and thought it was over. i was wrong. new bumps started to form so i went in for a second bottle. the docters didnt give me any useful information so i looked it up. i applied the second bottle a week later and saved some for the next night. i cant tell if its going away but the bumps are smaller and red. i need to do more cleaning though and im not wearing the same clothes twice. i sleep with a different blanket every night. idk if its going away but the bumps are smaller buy more of them. can someone talk to me?
mistyandadora

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#39 Oct 17, 2012
MY FATHER CAME HOME WITH SCABES FROM THE REHAB. DOCTOR SAID IT WAS NOTHING AND GAVE HIM PILLS TO STOP ITCHING,DID NOT WORK, I TRIED EVERYTHING NDER THE SUN AND IT WAS JUST GETTING WORSE. THEN MY MOM STARTED. OUT OF CONTROL!! I MIXED EQUAL AMOUNTS OF TREE TEA OIL AND OLIVE OIL IN A DARK CONTAINER AND STARTED TO COVER THEM WITH THIS MIXTURE TWO TIMES A DAY. IN JUST ONE DAY THE ITCHING GOT ALOT BETTER. HOWEVER, NEW BUMPS WERE COMING. I THEN MIXED TEA TREE OIL WITH NEEM OIL SEED, EQUAL AMOUNTS AND APPLIED THAT 2 TIMES A DAY. I ALWAYS HAVE A BOTTLE OF TEA TREE OIL NEARBY SO THAT WHEN THEY HAVE AN ITCH THEY APPLY IT IMMEDIATELY. I WAS ALL THE BEDDING DAILY AND KEEP THEIR CLOTHES SPEARATE AND WASH IN HOT WATER. IT HAS NOW BEEN ABOUT A WEEK AND WHAT A DIFFERENCE. SLEEPING THRU THE NIGHT, NO ITCHING. BUMPS ARE LIGHTNING IN COLOR. I HAVE NO CLUE IF THEY ARE GONE BUT WILL CONTINUE THIS UNTIL I SEE ALL BUMPS ARE GONE AND NO NEW ONES. WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED
chrissy

United States

#41 Sep 6, 2013
Anyone who wants to use homeopathic treatments, please visit earthclinic.com . i am using the borax, hydrogen peroxide and bleach baths twice a day. I put generous amounts of petroleum jelly on my face, neck and behind he ears then dip my hair in the tub for 5 minutes. Then I bathe for 25-30 mins and it has to be as hot as you can handle it. It's time consuming but I am definitely getting better. After 6 days, just bathe once every 2 days and use very light clothing. I also treated myself with coconut oil and a few drops of tea tree oil all over my body after bathing to help the skin rejuvenate.
at my witts end

Pico Rivera, CA

#42 Oct 10, 2013
What will kill eggs...I did the treatment and am afraid with every new itch,mark, etc.
still itchy

United States

#43 Jul 27, 2014
i'd like to know how you get these things. I haven't had sex in 6 months and I can't think of any one I have touched besides my family and no one in my family has had or have this. using the cream acouple times is a good idea...I am thankful for all your comments just to know that they are going away. no new bumps but the dry looking skin and still some itching. I think some of the itching is a allergic reaction because I can itch every where and feel it coming on and settle down.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How I am treating drug resistant scabies 1 hr 3 months and now ... 6
Sulfer 7 days straight, to catch and murder mit... 7 hr Mite Murderer 1
Scabies Eradication Supply Thread - Some things... 7 hr Mite Murderer 6
Removing Scabies Mites From Your Car 8 hr Mite Murderer 4
I am Cured (Dec '06) 9 hr Das Auto 976
The truth about "scabies" 10 hr meandanitoo 4
Post Scabies Itch Syndrome (Mar '12) 16 hr paleoallen 163
Scabies won't go away (Aug '06) 23 hr CURE 3 months inf... 1,185
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) Sat zoonotic mites 886
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Aug 29 3 months and now ... 4,114
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Scabies People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••