scabies healing

Posted in the Scabies Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
joe

Fairport, NY

#1 Jul 7, 2007
I think I am healing and gone of the bugs. I dont really have intense scratching any more, and all my bumps are fading away gradually. I applied the 5% cream on monday night , then I was paranoid and did it again friday night. Thats only because I noticed a few more lesions then I had on monday. Please tell me there is hope and that I may be done with this pest.
joe

Fairport, NY

#2 Jul 7, 2007
damn can some one answer me and give me a thumbs up if i am healing or not?
Sam

United States

#3 Jul 7, 2007
joe, how would we know if you are healing? We could guess is all. My guess is that if you caught it early, treated all over with the perm, and don't get reinfected from clothes, bed, home, etc. that you could be done. Bumps fading is the best sign.

Good call on using the perm again only 4 days later. That may have saved you. If you have any more, you might want to do it again in another 4 days.
cjb

Irvine, CA

#4 Jul 7, 2007
Did you put it on your face and scalp?
joe

Fairport, NY

#5 Jul 7, 2007
not face and scalp, wasnt anything there so the doctor said i was good. they told me not to put it there
Sam

Christchurch, New Zealand

#6 Nov 14, 2008
Hi. Im having the same problam. I put the treatmeant on 3 weeks ago, then again 2 weeks ago. Its still there. The itchyness is not as intense as it was (as in almost chopping my balls and limbs off to make it stop) But is it going?

This strange scabies is weird. Not as weird as an Orf I had once.
EX-ITCHY

Burton, MI

#7 Nov 14, 2008
Sam wrote:
Hi. Im having the same problam. I put the treatmeant on 3 weeks ago, then again 2 weeks ago. Its still there. The itchyness is not as intense as it was (as in almost chopping my balls and limbs off to make it stop) But is it going?
This strange scabies is weird. Not as weird as an Orf I had once.
Sam, I used Permethrin 1% Nix lice cream rinse, but you have to use it again in 4 to 5 days. When I treated, I also washed all clothing and bedding, especially the sheets. These things die if off humans for 24 to 72 hours. The main thing you have to do is find out how you got them in the first place, so you don't keep getting reinfested. You dont get scabies from animals, as they cant reproduce on animals and die off. Animals can get the mites on them, but their usual mites are a different type known as mange. People can be bitten by mange mites, but they dont stay on people and reproduce. Scabies are from people and transmitted by people sexually, but most commonly by a simple handshake. When you scratch as the terrible itching makes you do, they get on your hands and they like in between your fingers. The everywhere you touch you move them around. Go to this website and learn more about them.
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/ent/notes/Urban...
After I treated myself with the perm, I put the cream on any spots or areas that were not getting better every day. The females are under the skin and lay eggs that hatch every 4 to days. The perm kills most all the mites, but not the eggs, thus the retreatment after, along with clean clothes and sheets. If others are in the house and have any symptoms at all, everyone needs to be treated. Usually you have these bastards for a couple of weeks before they really start getting to you. If you dont start treatment right away, they multiply, dig in, and make themselves at home. By then, others around you can be infested, and without everyone being treated at the same time, you keep getting reinfested. I think one of the hardest things to do is to find out where they came from / who gave them to you? Keep treating and you will win. Good luck and whip them soon!
Sam

Christchurch, New Zealand

#8 Nov 17, 2008
Thanks for yor reply. It has been 4 days since i last posted. 2 weeks and the itchyness is still there. It is however fading, and now the bites are visible and look like dry skin patches, almost close to a scab, but not really. It feels like its going away, the hobo feeling has definatly gone.

Does this sound right? Or have i got something else?
EX-ITCHY

Burton, MI

#9 Nov 18, 2008
Sam wrote:
Thanks for yor reply. It has been 4 days since i last posted. 2 weeks and the itchyness is still there. It is however fading, and now the bites are visible and look like dry skin patches, almost close to a scab, but not really. It feels like its going away, the hobo feeling has definatly gone.
Does this sound right? Or have i got something else?
Itchyness will be there for a while, because of dead mites and poop etc under the skin. Bite spots healing is always a good sign, just watch carefully for any new bites. It is OK to be paranoid for a while, because you do not want to be reinfested and have to start over. Good Luck
Lorraine

Eugene, OR

#10 Nov 18, 2008
Geeze Louise!

I tried calling about 4 different clinics today to try and get an answer to my one and only question. Which, I think has mostly been answered here. But I'm going to post mine and see if anything differs.

At first I thought I had fleas... So I wasn't too worried. I just washed everything and vacuumed the furniture etc. So when my boyfriend called concerned about STD's I was online looking things up immediately... Obviously worried since I knew I was clean. What did I come up with? Well, with out symptoms, it must be scabies. I went to a clinic and they didn't test me but gave me a script for perm 5%. I used it last Friday and felt horrible for putting that poison on my body.

But, I was hopeful. So, yesterday there were more bumps. And today even more. My question then is. After you apply the perm and they start dying... that's what is creating all these new bumps? Or is it that they are still alive and rummaging around in my body? Some of the bigger red marks feel like I could pick them off (I'm not though!)... because they have a hard top to them, sort of like if you were to pop a pimple and let it scab over. Good sign? Or is it just an old burrow and they've moved on to bigger and better things? Are they causing more suffering after their death than they were when alive?! Ridiculous.

I'm miserable and the spots are on my entire body, even behind my ears. I'm treating it with homeopathic remedies now, just in case.
EX-ITCHY

Burton, MI

#11 Nov 18, 2008
Check out educational websites to see what you are up against.
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/ent/notes/Urban...
When you treat, you need to treat every inch of your body, usually from the neck down, but they can go on your face and head. Anyone in the household has to treat at the same time. When you treat, wash bedding and wash clothes. When treating with 5% permethrin, all of the mites should have been killed, but this does not kill the eggs. Females lay 3 eggs a day and they hatch after 3 to 5 days, so you can have 3 new babies each day from each female you have on you. That is why you have to retreat after about a week to kill all the little babies, so they don't grow up to become adults and start the breeding process again. After the second treatment, wash clothes and sheets again. Most sites say that the mites die when off people for about 24 to 48 hours. I would spot treat any new spot and any spot that didn't seem to be getting better. Half the battle is trying to find the source, who gave them to you in the first place. Most people have them for 2 - 4 weeks before they start going totally crazy and start to seek treatment. With an incorrect diagnosis, more time goes on, infesting more people and becoming more infested yourself. If the source is not being treated, you need to avoid it, and that is hard to do when you don't know what to avoid. Use lotion or meds to help control the itching, as the dead mites under your skin along with their poop and saliva will continue to itch for a while. Good Luck, Keep Fighting
Lorraine

Eugene, OR

#12 Nov 18, 2008
I can't even begin to imagine where I got it from. Especially since I'm not entirely sure how long I've had it. I wash everything after I wear it. I don't have any bedding to wash. I was using a sleeping bag which is now out of commission. Now I just use towels straight from the dryer. I treated my whole body, even my scalp and face since there are bites there as well. I read that site earlier but am still trying to find the "healing symptoms" somewhere. So far I haven't been able to acquire much information about that.

I have some neem oil and lotion coming in the mail to help combat that. In addition to lavender and tea tree oils that I've been applying to my body. I've also been bathing in a tea that I make with black walnut, poke root, pau d'arco, fresh garlic cloves, and wormwood bark. I really want to avoid using the permethrin again if I can. I've also swept, vacuumed, and mopped 3 of the last 5 days. After every shower I scrub the bathtub. Everytime I use the restroom I disinfect the toilet. I wash my hands constantly, as well as my clothes and dishes. I freeze my shoes... my mittens. All my things are in plastic bags. The house looks like we are ready to move out! I don't know what else I can be doing.
Mite Killer

United States

#13 Nov 18, 2008
You can be using a scabicide or all your other efforts will be in vain.
Lorraine

Eugene, OR

#14 Nov 18, 2008
So, you don't think natural remedies will cure it??
MR AL

Seattle, WA

#15 Nov 19, 2008
Lorraine wrote:
So, you don't think natural remedies will cure it??
Only natural remedy is sulfer. All others are waste of time. Most of us been there with no success.
Lorraine

Eugene, OR

#16 Nov 19, 2008
I was looking into sulfer earlier today. I went and filled my Permethrin prescription because it's getting to the point where I don't even care how toxic it is.

I really just want to know if these new bumps I'm getting are a reaction the them dying and the old fecal matter etc.... Or if they are new lovelies living in me?
EX-ITCHY

Burton, MI

#17 Nov 19, 2008
They could be bites from the eggs that hatch. When you treated with Perm, everything is dead but the eggs. You can have about 3 eggs a day hatch for the next 4 to 5 days, per adult female. This is approx 15 per adult female. These are probably the new bites. That is reason for the second perm treatment. You can spot treat every day to kill them so they wont feed off you for a week. The perm is what kills them, then take stuff for comfort. Wash your clothes as you used to. It is hard for these babies to fall off, because larva burrow under the skin and feed to become the nymph stage. The main thing is to do the second treatment so that they cant become adults and start to multiply again. When you first got them, you didn't know what you had or how to treat them. Now you know, so you will get some bites from babies, but you really have to cautious because you don't know who gave them to you.
Lorraine

Eugene, OR

#18 Nov 19, 2008
Alright, so if I did the perm treatment last Friday night, tonight would be a suitable time to do the second treatment? Seeing as it's been 4 days that means all the would be eggs have hatched and are just feeding on me now... I am trying really hard not to itch and feel like I'm doing pretty well at that.

I -think- I may have gotten them from a used clothing store. I thought they were flea bites to begin with... And that was about the time my roommates and I got a new couch. Though, we had it outside for a day... But I slept on it quite a bit for a while. That might explain why my houesmates don't have it. Or, at least show no signs of having it.

My arms are covered in new bumps these last two days, it's hard to look at them. That's the only place that has gotten worse. That and my neck. Otherwise the bumps on my back, chest, and legs aren't SO bad. There are a few spots that itch on the legs and one on the thigh.

Thanks for all the information though, it's helpful to have someone answering you directly.
Lorraine

Eugene, OR

#19 Nov 19, 2008
A couple quick questions to add for tonight's perm treatment!

1) When I go to wash it off in the morning, just soap and water? I use an olive oil soap, that'll work, right?

2) I have to put it on my face and head, I avoid my eye area and around my mouth and nostrils... Should I be worried about putting it on my face/head?

...No matter how many questions I asked the doctor, he couldn't answer any of them. He used to internet to look information up and print out for me. He didn't tell me what to expect or even to do a second treatment. Thankfully he gave me a prescription for three tubes. That way I could also treat my friend who has it (we shared a sleeping space), and my roommates if need be.

Thanks again!!!!!!
Jacqueline

Plattsburgh, NY

#20 Nov 20, 2008
I had these scabies back in April 08,got them from a hospital i had to livr there for 12 day
while my son was getting better i slept in s tiny room on a little couch I started itching that night but though it was just stress, the next night i was itching moore i tense then when we did get homr i was all brocken out so i did the cream 2 times we bought our frist home, i went
clean crazy thinking they were gone, I then went to my gonscolot for a yeast infection she said you have scabies, i so f---- sick of itching I'm
going crazy,make you think what did they do in the
1800s where do they come from, I hope there gone
my husband & son do not have them so why do i they go out to school and work and they have none
I;ve cleaned top to bottom washed 27 loads i tired
I wash all beding every moring, what can i do

Waiting for a room
Mrs Jacquelie Smallarz

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How do you get ivermectin in Canada ? 8 hr Pops55 3
Sun drying clothes (Jun '08) 10 hr none 12
Post scabies 17 hr Fcuk Scabies 18
Post Scabies Red Bumps (Aug '09) 17 hr Michele 131
Albendazole/Valbazen is a SCAM 19 hr Catzillaa 8
I am Cured (Dec '06) Tue MiteyFighter 978
A reason why some people might have such a har... Tue N HOCKLEY 3
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Sep 26 Canuckette 4,132

Scabies People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE