Salt Cure!
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1 Nov 19, 2011
Just to let you know, some of us have been using salt internally along with lemon juice. The results have been better than anything I've used so far, particularly because it is whole system. Those of us fighting something more pernicious than regular scabies need something that will kill them internally as well, ie. nose, sinuses, ears etc. The idea came from the website lymephotos. I'm not sure right now if it is .com or .org. The person on that site had some parasitic involvement that likely came along with lyme disease from a tick bite. It is not lyme disease. The formula is 1 gram of salt for every 10 pounds of weight, ie, 150 person would take 15 grams of salt in a day. Since one level teaspoon is 5 grams, that would be 3 teaspoons over a day. For obvious blood pressure reasons, you need to drink lots of water all day to flush it out in a timely fashion or your blood pressure can go up along with swelling. I've bought a blood pressure machine to keep track and I find when I don't drink much water, my pressure goes up, and it goes back down when I do. We've also been adding lemon juice with that and it seems to speed things up. It seems to drive them out of the body. It been two weeks now and it's made an incredible difference, nearly cleared up.

Location hidden

#2 Nov 19, 2011
I just checked. The site is lymephotos.com . There is a lot of information on that site from a fellow sufferer who is no longer a sufferer. As I said above, be sure to drink lots of water. On the site, they suggest that one should not take more than 18 grams of salt, about 3 1/2 teaspoons. It's worth a read.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#3 Nov 24, 2011
Hi Canuckette & All,
I'm also using the lymephoto protocol. Excellent info there and no advertising at all. I'm also using Vitamin C, 5 grams, along with 5 grams (1 teaspoon) of salt 3 times a day. These are the amounts for approx. 150# person, & as Canuckette says--plenty of water.

I've gotten a diagnosis from a D.O. who specializes in natural medicine. I did an at-home stool and saliva test kit which was then sent to an independent lab and many tests were done. I have Colitis and sensitivities to Gluten and Soy. My Immune Response was "off the charts". He has me on a big guns pro-biotic-type powder and some tablets. Lots of good herbs in both. I told him I think the worms/bugs are even in my blood--he agrees. I was offered a C & Salt I.V. which I declined due to cost--but that says we're doing the right things with C & Salt.
Evidently my Colitis and Gluten & Soy sensitivities have set my body up for worms/bugs to proliferate while I get no nutrition due to the Gluten & Soy. I was feeling so ill, I was eating more convenience foods which only made things worse.
If anyone wants the specific supplements I'm using, please let me know. The powder is around $100, but he says I'll only need the one container of it. He says I'll feel a lot better in a couple of weeks.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Location hidden

#4 Nov 24, 2011
Canuckette wrote:
Just to let you know, some of us have been using salt internally along with lemon juice. The results have been better than anything I've used so far, particularly because it is whole system. Those of us fighting something more pernicious than regular scabies need something that will kill them internally as well, ie. nose, sinuses, ears etc. The idea came from the website lymephotos. I'm not sure right now if it is .com or .org. The person on that site had some parasitic involvement that likely came along with lyme disease from a tick bite. It is not lyme disease. The formula is 1 gram of salt for every 10 pounds of weight, ie, 150 person would take 15 grams of salt in a day. Since one level teaspoon is 5 grams, that would be 3 teaspoons over a day. For obvious blood pressure reasons, you need to drink lots of water all day to flush it out in a timely fashion or your blood pressure can go up along with swelling. I've bought a blood pressure machine to keep track and I find when I don't drink much water, my pressure goes up, and it goes back down when I do. We've also been adding lemon juice with that and it seems to speed things up. It seems to drive them out of the body. It been two weeks now and it's made an incredible difference, nearly cleared up.
Hi Canuckette, I'm using 15 grams per day of Vitamin C (split in 3 doses) along with the salt.
I was using the lemon juice too, but have backed off using it now that I have help from the D.O. doc. Don't want to wooosh those expensive supplements out of my body:)

Since: Aug 11

Cannington, Australia

#5 Nov 25, 2011
are you claiming it kills scabies from inside out??

Location hidden

#6 Nov 25, 2011
itcher wrote:
First of all, I am making no claims, and frankly, I don't know how it works, but it seems to. Mine have been much longer living than human scabies mite, and seem to be much deeper. All I know is that it is working better and faster than all the many expensive poisons that I've used. So if I have to drink lots of water to prevent salt build-up in my system, maybe the liquid will help flush out all the poisons that I've used in the past. They all helped but none of them got rid of them, or I had to quit using them before they got rid of them completely.

Location hidden

#7 Nov 25, 2011
It's cheap and very low in toxicity, expecially if you use sea salt.

Location hidden

#8 Nov 25, 2011
itcher wrote:
Hi itcher,
Guess I haven't been in Topix much lately, so your name isn't familiar to me and I don't know that you're responding to my message.
Anyway, I don't have scabies. There have been several of us with unknown scabies-like problems. I recognized Canuckette's name. There were several of us with similar problems--she being one.
I can not say if salt and Vitamin C will cure scabies. Have a look at the lymephotos.com and see if you're interested.
For my purposes, it's very helpful.
Good Luck to you and All here!

Cannington, Australia

#9 Nov 25, 2011
thanks for your reply,i have been fighting scabies for 7 to 8 months treating every 3 days for 3 days with everything,i have had it unknowingly for 17 years,anyway i too have them deep esp on my hands and feet and just cant seem to win the fight! i take ivomec garlic pills and im still fighting so i might give salt and the vitamin c a go too! thanks for your info and reply and i wish you a healthier future xxx

Location hidden

#10 Nov 26, 2011
itcher wrote:
thanks for your reply,i have been fighting scabies for 7 to 8 months treating every 3 days for 3 days with everything,i have had it unknowingly for 17 years,anyway i too have them deep esp on my hands and feet and just cant seem to win the fight! i take ivomec garlic pills and im still fighting so i might give salt and the vitamin c a go too! thanks for your info and reply and i wish you a healthier future xxx
Sorry to hear you're experiencing these horrors too. Hope it helps.

Since: Oct 09

Bozeman, MT

#11 Nov 26, 2011
wow, I find all of this interesting, there has been alot of talk about diatomaceous earth but I don't think it works on floors and such, I think it works great internally, the edible kind is used for internal parasites and all around good health farmers use it in grain silos and fields for pest control, anyway.... I found out that scabies don't drink your blood, they live off lymph fluid. So tanting your blood or boby fluids is a wise idea. I have only read the 1st post here but I just wanted to share this and to let you know that clove bud oil is amazing for killing the bugs and eggs, I prefer it without deluting with a carrier oil because it makes it really hot on my skin, but I'm just trying everything because they just don't stop comming back, spraying peroxide all over several times a day helps alot too. These lil buggers have me baffled.

Location hidden

#13 Nov 27, 2011
I'm only writing about my own situation; but the D.O. said that my real problem is in my gut, and until I get that more normal, I won't get rid of the bugs. For me, that is Problem #1. When I get my gut healthier and continue to eat Gluten and Soy free, my body will be able to fight off the bugs. Since I'm just beginning this new regimen, I'm continuing to treat for "bugs" for comfort.
Doc says I should start feeling better in 2 weeks--key word: START.
Then there is that wonderful all-purpose word: "SHOULD"!
bugged out

El Centro, CA

#14 Nov 28, 2011
I've had these things for over 4 years and they just keep coming back stronger each time. A poster wrote about Vit C and Salt on here about 4 years ago, at the time I felt it was unsafe but still always wondered about it. Sea Salt use to work wonders for me but now has little effect, I would rub it all over and then just leave it on my body. I may try this Vit C and Salt method.

Today I was reading about germicidal bulbs, infared saunas,and zappers. Does anyone know anything about these things?

Thanks

Cannington, Australia

#15 Nov 28, 2011
bugged out wrote:
I've had these things for over 4 years and they just keep coming back stronger each time. A poster wrote about Vit C and Salt on here about 4 years ago, at the time I felt it was unsafe but still always wondered about it. Sea Salt use to work wonders for me but now has little effect, I would rub it all over and then just leave it on my body. I may try this Vit C and Salt method.
Today I was reading about germicidal bulbs, infared saunas,and zappers. Does anyone know anything about these things?
Thanks
i have had them for 17 years and im now after neally 8 months of treating starting to see a difference now! you need a scabicide constantly on your body,every night! what ever you decide to treat with is your chioce as everything has side effects but if you a long victum you need extensive treatment! i have to soak cirtain parts of my body with the scabicide as well as whole body treatments! if your serious about ridding yourself there are a few of us that have had this for a long time and have great hard core regimes! look in imidacloprid thread!

Location hidden

#16 Nov 28, 2011
bugged out wrote:
Thanks
Just to let you know that I tried an infrared lamp. I think it can cause skin cancer and won't use it any more. It didn't get rid of bugs that I could tell at the time.

Location hidden

#17 Nov 29, 2011
I was diagnosed with Blepharitis more than 4 years ago. Whatever my critters are; it went all over my body and I know I had some mites in legs & belly & more. Skin worms have now been the worst. I'm using the C & salt at 5 grams of each 3 times a day; for a total of 15 grams each per day. That's the dose for approx. 150#.
lymephotos.com says no one should exceed 18 grams each total for the day.

I suggest anyone here check out the site. I certainly don't have all the worms & bugs pictured. Believe the treatment among some other things through natural doc are working well.
Right now my face looks really bad--redness and some small lumps (like if you were getting a pimple) especially around eyes, nose, & mouth--but that's because it's drawing them to the surface (IMO) and I can see a whole lot of white dead worms coming out. lymephotos says to let them come out on their own--I'm doing some rubbing them out to be more comfortable.
I believe it also says this can take 1-2 years. It could be less; but sounds like a lot of us here have been suffering with this a number of years.
My D.O. who specializes in natural medicines offered me an I.V. of a much stronger concentration of C & Salt. I'm currently using 4 heavy duty supplements from the D.O., among others I regularly use. I've recently been diagnosed with Gluten & Soy sensitivities and Colitis. Doc says those things could cause my bugs to thrive, while I've been getting very little nutrition. That's just me--but could be possible for others with long term problems; or any number of combinations of sensitivities or other problems.

If anyone does the C & salt--use salt without any additives. I could only find salt that has the ant-caking ingredient and it seems to be working fine. Don't know if the anti-caking ingredient could be harmful. Skin worms & bugs I KNOW are harmful.

Location hidden

#18 Dec 7, 2011
Just to let you all know, I am continuing to improve with the internal salt treatment. I've added the orange peel cleaner on my skin to kill the escapees. Mostly just the old nests are still active. It is worth a try.

Location hidden

#19 Dec 7, 2011
Canuckette wrote:
Just to let you all know, I am continuing to improve with the internal salt treatment. I've added the orange peel cleaner on my skin to kill the escapees. Mostly just the old nests are still active. It is worth a try.
Hi Canuckette!
Happy you're improving!!!

I'd like an escape myself.

I'm doing pretty well too.
Stopped the vitamin C and salt for a day due to a little stomach trouble. Back on today; but might have to just do 2 doses. At this moment--no itches and anything I can see is dead, or close to it; and nearly out of my skin. I'm expecting more will come to the surface.
This Salt & Vitamin C treatment seems the easiest and price isn't so bad. Know I've spent a bundle on my bugs.
Ann-Marie

El Centro, CA

#20 Dec 8, 2011
Sig Olson wrote:
I was diagnosed with Blepharitis more than 4 years ago. Whatever my critters are; it went all over my body and I know I had some mites in legs & belly & more. Skin worms have now been the worst. I'm using the C & salt at 5 grams of each 3 times a day; for a total of 15 grams each per day. That's the dose for approx. 150#.
lymephotos.com says no one should exceed 18 grams each total for the day.
I suggest anyone here check out the site. I certainly don't have all the worms & bugs pictured. Believe the treatment among some other things through natural doc are working well.
Right now my face looks really bad--redness and some small lumps (like if you were getting a pimple) especially around eyes, nose, & mouth--but that's because it's drawing them to the surface (IMO) and I can see a whole lot of white dead worms coming out. lymephotos says to let them come out on their own--I'm doing some rubbing them out to be more comfortable.
I believe it also says this can take 1-2 years. It could be less; but sounds like a lot of us here have been suffering with this a number of years.
My D.O. who specializes in natural medicines offered me an I.V. of a much stronger concentration of C & Salt. I'm currently using 4 heavy duty supplements from the D.O., among others I regularly use. I've recently been diagnosed with Gluten & Soy sensitivities and Colitis. Doc says those things could cause my bugs to thrive, while I've been getting very little nutrition. That's just me--but could be possible for others with long term problems; or any number of combinations of sensitivities or other problems.
If anyone does the C & salt--use salt without any additives. I could only find salt that has the ant-caking ingredient and it seems to be working fine. Don't know if the anti-caking ingredient could be harmful. Skin worms & bugs I KNOW are harmful.
It's true about gluten making the bugs more active. Try to stay away from that and sugar. I always get attacked after I eat wheat or drink a beer. I'm going to start taking Triphala again along with the use of the zapper and sauna. That Triphala stuff is so nasty just the thought of it just makes me sick but i really what to give it a better shot this time.

Glad to hear salt and C is working for you. You might what to switch to sea salt or Himalayan salt which contain minerals that your body needs.
Ann-Marie

El Centro, CA

#21 Dec 8, 2011
Canuckette wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to let you know that I tried an infrared lamp. I think it can cause skin cancer and won't use it any more. It didn't get rid of bugs that I could tell at the time.
I started the sauna yesterday. I haven't heard anything about cancer so I'll have to look that up. I was just ready about UV Therapy which might work but you would have to be carefull with that.

Glad that the salts working!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bleach bath recommended by dermatologist (Aug '07) 3 hr Ella 639
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 5 hr jesse james lee 4,695
Do you get new bumps after post-scabies? (Sep '11) 5 hr doorway2 270
Do I have scabies or something else? I desperat... (Sep '12) 6 hr Josesolo 109
neverending suffering? 6 hr andyt 2
I think scabies. Want second opinions (Oct '11) 14 hr direneed 57
I am Cured (Dec '06) 20 hr Thx Better Now 982
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) Mon Thx Better Now 847
More from around the web