First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Scabies Attacker

San Francisco, CA

#1 Feb 15, 2008
ok....
so i had scabies for like 3 months at my parents house and my older brother also got it from just sitting around in my room. We were going crazy!! i couldnt sleep at night and i had the worse. So we both used the Perm, but we took very hot showers right before to open all our pores then applied it on and went to bed in our old sheets that was still infested. Woke up the next morning the itching was very less but still there. Now our stuff...you have to vacuum wherever u lay around and think is infested like 3-4 times straight. I bought flea killer, the bug bombs (3 of them) and the perm spray from longs or home depot and just attacked my bed and room and areas i layed the most. Closed the doors and never went in for around 4-5 days. I also applied the perm the next night and the night after. I also wore all new clothes and new sheets and bed of course. I also avoided riding in my car just in case. It all helped and I am cured! You would still itch for like 2 weeks but dont worry thats just getting rid of all the dead mites...TAKE HOT HOTTTT showers everyday....I also applied head n shoulders to my body to stop itching...worked a little
good luck!
Steven

Flint, TX

#2 Feb 15, 2008
Scabies Attacker wrote:
ok....
so i had scabies for like 3 months at my parents house and my older brother also got it from just sitting around in my room. We were going crazy!! i couldnt sleep at night and i had the worse. So we both used the Perm, but we took very hot showers right before to open all our pores then applied it on and went to bed in our old sheets that was still infested. Woke up the next morning the itching was very less but still there. Now our stuff...you have to vacuum wherever u lay around and think is infested like 3-4 times straight. I bought flea killer, the bug bombs (3 of them) and the perm spray from longs or home depot and just attacked my bed and room and areas i layed the most. Closed the doors and never went in for around 4-5 days. I also applied the perm the next night and the night after. I also wore all new clothes and new sheets and bed of course. I also avoided riding in my car just in case. It all helped and I am cured! You would still itch for like 2 weeks but dont worry thats just getting rid of all the dead mites...TAKE HOT HOTTTT showers everyday....I also applied head n shoulders to my body to stop itching...worked a little
good luck!
You only used Perm once? If so, then you will most likely have to use it again, a week later or the scabies eggs will hatch and you'll be re-infested. But if you did actually cure it using Perm only once, then thats great news.
Welty

AOL

#3 Feb 15, 2008
Ditto what Steven said. I know that Doctors all seem to think that Perm is a one dose treatment, but they do know it doesn't kill the eggs, so another generation will hatch if you've had it three months you have a new generation in your skin.(Doctors know this about lice, so why so far behind on the Perm info?) Anyway, if you miss the second dose, to get the hatched eggs, you'll just have to start from scratch, no pun intended.
Sam

United States

#4 Feb 16, 2008
I have a request for the people who are cured and post a new thread. Could you please cut and paste your cured post into the main I'm cured thread? That way your valuable posts won't get lost in the neverending new threads and then new people who find this site can see your posts. And congratulations too!
Rashman

Chicago, IL

#5 Feb 16, 2008
Umm, his post clearly states that he used permethrin more than once. Read it again
Steven

Flint, TX

#6 Feb 16, 2008
Rashman wrote:
Umm, his post clearly states that he used permethrin more than once. Read it again
True, he said he applied it the next night and the night after. But 3 days in a row of perm still won't cover the eggs that hatch a week later.
Going Crazy in CA

United States

#7 Feb 16, 2008
What I have is red spots all over my abdomen -- like dots of various sizes. Also at panty line, under arms, and on buttocks.
In addition my head, eyes, note and ears itch like crazy with this crawling sensation and it's worse at night. I've tried Kleen-Free Enzyme and it hasn't worked and am rather broke. Spent alot on that already. The itching crawling sensation drives me crazy.
I have a serious liver condition and am worried about harsh chemicals. I tried reading through some posts here but people talk about things that everyone already seems to know about.
Seems like MSM or Sulpur is good but I'm not sure how to make it. I heard abous Diacimous Earth? Something about vaseline. Garlic. Can anyone help me avoid anything that will not be too harsh on my liver but do the job. What about cleaning the house. Should I be going crazy about that.
This is driving me nuts.
Going Crazy in CA

United States

#8 Feb 16, 2008
What I have is red spots all over my abdomen -- like dots of various sizes. Also at panty line, under arms, and on buttocks. Also Like liver spots all over my chest, arms and legs. Some lines and some dark hangnail type things. From what I read I may have a combination of different mites. I do have a dog and other pets have been here.

In addition my head, eyes, note and ears itch like crazy with this crawling sensation and it's worse at night. I've tried Kleen-Free Enzyme and it hasn't worked and am rather broke. Spent alot on that already. The itching crawling sensation drives me crazy.
I have a serious liver condition and am worried about harsh chemicals. I tried reading through some posts here but people talk about things that everyone already seems to know about.
Seems like MSM or Sulpur is good but I'm not sure how to make it. I heard abous Diacimous Earth? Something about vaseline. Garlic. Can anyone help me avoid anything that will not be too harsh on my liver but do the job. What about cleaning the house. Should I be going crazy about that.
This is driving me nuts.
Cantkillem

Long Beach, WA

#9 Feb 17, 2008
Going Crazy-
Sulfur and other products might be too harsh for your condition. Try to treat by externally, not on your person. Boil your clothes, bedding, and hair brushes etc. Place fitted vinyl over your mattress and pillows. These need to be boiled as well. They will not fall apart. Just shake them and leave them out to dry before making your clean bed. I have been doing this for 5 months. It works. I can survive this without suffering like I was. It just is a lot of work, but you will not itch anymore. As far as the house, hardwood floors are best, with throw rugs you can boil. Couches need to be covered with vinyl and sheets or disposed of. I have wooden couches, it is sooo nice not to itch anymore. Don't go crazy buying all kinds of products. They will not work. Good luck!
Mite Killer

United States

#10 Feb 17, 2008
Cantkillem wrote:
Going Crazy-
Sulfur and other products might be too harsh for your condition. Try to treat by externally, not on your person. Boil your clothes, bedding, and hair brushes etc. Place fitted vinyl over your mattress and pillows. These need to be boiled as well. They will not fall apart. Just shake them and leave them out to dry before making your clean bed. I have been doing this for 5 months. It works. I can survive this without suffering like I was. It just is a lot of work, but you will not itch anymore. As far as the house, hardwood floors are best, with throw rugs you can boil. Couches need to be covered with vinyl and sheets or disposed of. I have wooden couches, it is sooo nice not to itch anymore. Don't go crazy buying all kinds of products. They will not work. Good luck!
What condition? This is a scabies(sarcoptic mite) forum. These mites burrow under the stratum coreum layer of the skin. The skin must be treated either topially or systemically. Environment cleaning is necessary but not enough to wipe out a case of scabies.

If a poster has another type of parasite they should read a forum that discusses that topic.
Scabies3

United States

#11 Feb 18, 2008
Mite Killer wrote:
<quoted text>
What condition? This is a scabies(sarcoptic mite) forum. These mites burrow under the stratum coreum layer of the skin. The skin must be treated either topially or systemically. Environment cleaning is necessary but not enough to wipe out a case of scabies.
If a poster has another type of parasite they should read a forum that discusses that topic.
Yes, Mite Killer, we ALL know that this is a SCABIES forum. Often times, these mites are difficult to identify, as you well know. It took you over a year and half to rid yourself of this "mite." Don't talk like you know everything and brush people off like you do. This is an extremely difficult problem to solve, AS YOU WELL KNOW. There are no MAGIC forums to go to, you know this. come on, been there.
Scabies3

United States

#12 Feb 18, 2008
Going Crazy in CA wrote:
What I have is red spots all over my abdomen -- like dots of various sizes. Also at panty line, under arms, and on buttocks. Also Like liver spots all over my chest, arms and legs. Some lines and some dark hangnail type things. From what I read I may have a combination of different mites. I do have a dog and other pets have been here.
In addition my head, eyes, note and ears itch like crazy with this crawling sensation and it's worse at night. I've tried Kleen-Free Enzyme and it hasn't worked and am rather broke. Spent alot on that already. The itching crawling sensation drives me crazy.
I have a serious liver condition and am worried about harsh chemicals. I tried reading through some posts here but people talk about things that everyone already seems to know about.
Seems like MSM or Sulpur is good but I'm not sure how to make it. I heard abous Diacimous Earth? Something about vaseline. Garlic. Can anyone help me avoid anything that will not be too harsh on my liver but do the job. What about cleaning the house. Should I be going crazy about that.
This is driving me nuts.
Going Crazy: How can we advise you what to do, if you are having problems with your liver? This is one of the many things I did. I bought sublimed powdered sulfur from americarx.com . I mix about 20% sulfur with a cheap skin lotion, and I apply it full body. I also mix sulfur with vaseline and apply full body. You can mix sulfur in with your hair conditioner, leave it in overnight and rinse it off in the morning. you can also apply epsom salt mixed with warm water after you take a shower. put it in a spray bottle and spray away. you can also spray your environment with epsom salt. You will need to see a doctor about permethrin and ivermectin, as these are more toxic.
Cantkillem

Lebanon, OR

#13 Feb 18, 2008
Mite Killers-
A serious liver condition is probably you know nothing about. Be careful giving out advice that might be dangerous to others. Topical medications are necessary obviously; you are the only one who knows that. Treating the environment is something I can give advice on without endangering the state of the liver. How about assisting and putting your wisdom in that direction?
alhatesitchen

Oak Harbor, WA

#14 Feb 18, 2008
I have to say.. Giving out advice about Ivermect and so on is just or should be just an opinion. The reason why I say this yes it might help some and it does not help others. From my personal experience with fighting this parasites is that PERMETHRINE did nothing for me. Ivermectin did some but that was no cure. I know most of have been treating or over treating with rounds and round of Ivermectin and to be honest are you guys cured yet? Giving out that advice about Ivermectin should be left to the pros. Yes I understand that people are suffering and are desperate to find a cure for this. If you are battile mites for over 6 months thats a condition.. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Just remember just because it works for you does not mean it will cure someone else.
alhatesitchen

Oak Harbor, WA

#15 Feb 18, 2008
sorry for that post and alot of typos and errors but I just had to let out what I know..
Mite Killer

United States

#16 Feb 18, 2008
Al, seems what you don't know is that Ivermectin is recommended by the CDC to treat scabies, it's not my opinion.

As far as liver conditions, anyone with half a brain would know to consult a MD before using any meds for any reason if they are concerned about their liver.

The poster cantkillem said not to treat the body at all without knowing the diagnosis of the other poster. If that poster has scabies they have to use a topical or Ivermectin. That is something for a MD to decide.

Mary, You are a very strange person.

Scabies3

United States

#17 Feb 18, 2008
Mite Killer wrote:
Al, seems what you don't know is that Ivermectin is recommended by the CDC to treat scabies, it's not my opinion.
As far as liver conditions, anyone with half a brain would know to consult a MD before using any meds for any reason if they are concerned about their liver.
The poster cantkillem said not to treat the body at all without knowing the diagnosis of the other poster. If that poster has scabies they have to use a topical or Ivermectin. That is something for a MD to decide.
Mary, You are a very strange person.
Been There. You are a know-it-all.
Scabies3

United States

#18 Feb 18, 2008
Mite Killer wrote:
Al, seems what you don't know is that Ivermectin is recommended by the CDC to treat scabies, it's not my opinion.
As far as liver conditions, anyone with half a brain would know to consult a MD before using any meds for any reason if they are concerned about their liver.
The poster cantkillem said not to treat the body at all without knowing the diagnosis of the other poster. If that poster has scabies they have to use a topical or Ivermectin. That is something for a MD to decide.
Mary, You are a very strange person.
Oh Sh t, Been There. We all only have half brains on this forum. You are the only one with a full brain.
Scabies3

United States

#19 Feb 18, 2008
Mite Killer wrote:
Al, seems what you don't know is that Ivermectin is recommended by the CDC to treat scabies, it's not my opinion.
As far as liver conditions, anyone with half a brain would know to consult a MD before using any meds for any reason if they are concerned about their liver.
The poster cantkillem said not to treat the body at all without knowing the diagnosis of the other poster. If that poster has scabies they have to use a topical or Ivermectin. That is something for a MD to decide.
Mary, You are a very strange person.
lol... i can't let this go. Sam told me I was a strange person once. Are you two drinking out of the same bottle?
Sam

United States

#20 Feb 19, 2008
Nope, I never share ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Treated Twice For Scabies & Have Hives Again! :( (Jun '14) 4 hr scratcher 7
Biting sensation, crawling, thin scratch lines 10 hr Depressed and anx... 17
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 11 hr SRE 4,300
How many times can I use permethrin cream... (Dec '08) 12 hr Berndette 246
Ordering Links (Feb '07) 13 hr betseyB 251
Do you get new bumps after post-scabies? (Sep '11) 15 hr Still itches 240
HELP! How to home-make the Benzyl Benzoate 25% (Mar '10) 21 hr scabiesboat 15
More from around the web