Emgirl

Spring, TX

#1 Apr 24, 2013
Hi All,
Been reading these threads for the past week or so and freaking out over them. I went to visit a physically sick friend who had been complaining of lice. That I don't fear at all for a couple of reasons. However, later I went walking and noticed circular transparent bugs on my arm. I killed them and then remembered my friend saying he hoped we didn't catch this 'mess', which I assumed was lice or body lice. I didn't even know what scabies was until I started searching the Internet. I'm wondering of what he has is scabies as I was starting to thing the whole bug thing was all in his head. I feel pin prick sensations and sometimes very clearly a bite. Went to my main doctor, which isn't going to be my dr anymore, and she said she didn't think I had scabies and didn't want to do a skin test-I'd have to see a derm for that. Made an apt with the derm and she said its possible, but can't know for sure yet. Treated with the cream and locked my house up for 3 days. Been taking vinegar baths and using tea tree oil. Tonight I see what looks like burrows or tracks. Still can tell much. It's frustrating....ah also washed 12 loads of laundry in hot water and a hot dry.

This whole thing is very scary! I keep telling myself that it has to be curable and not as contagious as many have posted or else everyone in the world would have it. Thou I do realize it can be spread. I don't want to live my life in fear of this. For anyone actually suffering with it, it seems like it's a parasite straight from hell.
Needpeace

New York, NY

#2 Apr 24, 2013
People do get cured. It sounds like you treated right away which is great. The stories will make you crazy....
They made me soo depressed, but I kept reading them :-(
Treat yourself from the top of your head till the bottom of your toes. 3x 7 days apart. Make sure you clean everything. Spray and rotate your shoes. You will get cured. The perm is strong stuff. If you have scabies it will work! Good luck
Emgirl

Spring, TX

#3 Apr 24, 2013
Needpeace: Thank you!! The craziest thing is not knowing for certain if I have it. My family knows about what I'm going thru and they keep telling me not to worry. The horror stories have freaked me out. I'm finally at a point in my life where I have a good group of friends and people who I actually interact with. Don't think I could stand that being taken away from me right now. So I keep treating my body like I have it and am taking steps to get rid of any bugs....plus praying in Jesus Name because that's ALL I know how to do. I've been thru a lot and I'm not sure "scabies" is something that I could deal with!

Best of luck to you too....I have a new appreciation for people who say they don't want new clothes or a new house, all they want is to not be sick.
FRED

Golden, CO

#4 Apr 24, 2013
Emgirl wrote:
Hi All,
Been reading these threads for the past week or so and freaking out over them. I went to visit a physically sick friend who had been complaining of lice. That I don't fear at all for a couple of reasons. However, later I went walking and noticed circular transparent bugs on my arm. I killed them and then remembered my friend saying he hoped we didn't catch this 'mess', which I assumed was lice or body lice. I didn't even know what scabies was until I started searching the Internet. I'm wondering of what he has is scabies as I was starting to thing the whole bug thing was all in his head. I feel pin prick sensations and sometimes very clearly a bite. Went to my main doctor, which isn't going to be my dr anymore, and she said she didn't think I had scabies and didn't want to do a skin test-I'd have to see a derm for that. Made an apt with the derm and she said its possible, but can't know for sure yet. Treated with the cream and locked my house up for 3 days. Been taking vinegar baths and using tea tree oil. Tonight I see what looks like burrows or tracks. Still can tell much. It's frustrating....ah also washed 12 loads of laundry in hot water and a hot dry.
This whole thing is very scary! I keep telling myself that it has to be curable and not as contagious as many have posted or else everyone in the world would have it. Thou I do realize it can be spread. I don't want to live my life in fear of this. For anyone actually suffering with it, it seems like it's a parasite straight from hell.
Do yourself a favor and cancel the appt with the derm and make one with an infectious disease specialist instead. derms come in handy if you want botox but don't know very much about body function. there has been a lot of disgust with derms from people on this sight.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#5 Apr 24, 2013
FRED wrote:
<quoted text>
Do yourself a favor and cancel the appt with the derm and make one with an infectious disease specialist instead. derms come in handy if you want botox but don't know very much about body function. there has been a lot of disgust with derms from people on this sight.
FRED: What is an infectious disease specialist and where/how do you find one? The derm I went to was very nice and helpful. Also seemed to know what I was talking about as she had treated in several times.
FRED

Golden, CO

#6 Apr 24, 2013
Emgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
FRED: What is an infectious disease specialist and where/how do you find one? The derm I went to was very nice and helpful. Also seemed to know what I was talking about as she had treated in several times.
An infectious disease specialist is just a type of doctor. Google "infectious disease specialist" and your town and a bunch should pop up.

They are far and away much more qualified to deal with what you have.
FRED

Golden, CO

#7 Apr 24, 2013
Emgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
FRED: What is an infectious disease specialist and where/how do you find one? The derm I went to was very nice and helpful. Also seemed to know what I was talking about as she had treated in several times.
Normally derms will try to sooth you and then they will prescribe you Pimizide, ORAP. That is a psychiatric med for terrets syndrome. They adhere to the American Academy of Dermatology's party line, that you are dilusional.

ORAP changes your brain and CNS chemistry so you don't feel skin sensations.

It will make you feel better but down the road you will be sorry.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#8 May 16, 2013
Ok so it's week 4 and I have the most tiny flesh colored bumps on me. They are barley visible, but I see them and I see them everywhere. Perhaps I see them because I'm looking for them. As wild as it sounds I'm not sure of I itch or not. Perhaps slightly, but that's barley noticable. My husband says he has nothing. I'm at an impass right now trying to figure out what's going on.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#9 May 16, 2013
Also it looks like the paint texture they put on walls. Not popcorn or mud, but the tiny raised dots that are the exact same as the wall color on some really cheap and lazy paint jobs.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#10 May 25, 2013
Emgirl wrote:
Also it looks like the paint texture they put on walls. Not popcorn or mud, but the tiny raised dots that are the exact same as the wall color on some really cheap and lazy paint jobs.
You have keritosis pilaris. Don't go to an infectious disease specialist. FRED thinks the whole world has lyme disease.

If you don't itch, it's not scabies or lice or any other parasite. You would itch so bad you wouldn't be able to sleep. If you can sleep and don't feel crawling or pin pricks, it's not a parasite. OR LYME DISEASE.
Emgirl

Spring, TX

#11 May 25, 2013
Thank you, the hungry ghost! I'm in week 5 right now and don't itch like crazy, barley itch at all. I know I'm really freaked out too by my friend talking about whatever he thought he had. I appreciated the kind words.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#12 May 25, 2013
I've had keritosis pilaris... it's just little bumps. If they get dry they'll itch. A derm will give you a steroid cream (which you may or may not want to use).

Just clean up your diet and drink more water and they'll go away. No sugar, wheat, dairy and go easy on the fried foods and meat. That should take care of it.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#13 Sep 16, 2013
Thank you everyone! I've pretty much decided that I don't have Scabies. Thank you, Jesus! Something was itching me, but the long term symptoms didn't match scabies. I was obsessing over it so much that every little thing looked like it in my mind. I figure that if I did have that I would know beyond the shadow of a doubt like other posters have said. Anyway, if I did have it I believe God took care of it.

God bless you all and thanks for responding to my post!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mild case of Scabies! +Penile Nodules 2 hr NickNY 1
Borax vs DIATOMACEOUS EARTH (Dec '10) 5 hr jane 15
difference between permethrin itching and mite ... (Jun '10) 22 hr Vinsim 171
i dont get this Fri desperate 1
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Fri jane 4,154
My 4 year scabies story, need help from scabies... (May '11) Thu BuggedOut 100
Psorinum........homeopathic cure for Scabies? (Sep '11) Thu FRED 114

Scabies People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE