Why scabies itch more at night?
crazymatt

Cassville, GA

#88 Apr 25, 2012
You can also get ivermectin from a feed store. It comes in liquid form normally injected into cattle and swine to treat other parasites. You can take it orally for the same effect. It may take a little research to find the proper dose. For the bottle I got, it was 1ml per 100lbs of your body weight. This is also the same thing that is given to dogs as a heart worm preventative. You can use the same bottle for that in the same dosage you would take for the scabies, also given orally(I put it on my dogs food). One bottle only cost me $25 and was 100ml, equivalent to about 75 doses for me or my dog.

That is all i have done for treatment of my scabies combined with benadryl at night to counteract the itching. I am 10 days into treatment and it's almost all gone.

As for why the itching is worse at night, that baffles me. I work at night and sleep in a dark room without windows during the day. But, I still only itch at night. It must be engraved in their DNA to be active during nighttime hours.
mari

South Gate, CA

#89 May 9, 2012
for scabbies to all of you who has them or had them i learned that a well moisturized skin at night triggers those bastards even more the best thing is to wash all you bedding everyday hot water spray matress with lysol germ disinfectant let dry put clean bedding. a good shower with sulfur soap/javon azufre yellow box...shower just before going to bed dont ad no lotions no fragrances to body just clean light cotton sleepwaer and it helps alot if u need to scratch dont do with barec nails get clean wash cloth and scratch softly..but sulfur soap beats all odds.....good luck ps soap is less than a two dollars and fifty cents its worth the try mites scabbies and all their blood sucking parasites hate sulfur...give them what they hate....good luck.
Head and Shoulders

Olney, IL

#90 Jun 9, 2012
I have been researching info also and did have to laugh at the descriptive enty of nightime sprays and kleenex usage. I guess the saying "misery loves company" is true here. All joking aside- trying to get treated asap I bought NIX over the counter (low dose permithrin) then noticed Head and Shoulders Shampoo has a permethrin form. I had doused myself with the Nix overnight and showered, but noticed after washing my hair and body with the Head and Shoulders a few of the tiny "bastards" still surfacing as minute little strands or as dots under the skin. This is sooo gross- but maybe it will help someone.I feel the pain of all you fellow itchers out there.
Virtual Scabies

Hollywood, FL

#91 Jun 9, 2012
Head and Shoulders wrote:
I have been researching info also and did have to laugh at the descriptive enty of nightime sprays and kleenex usage. I guess the saying "misery loves company" is true here. All joking aside- trying to get treated asap I bought NIX over the counter (low dose permithrin) then noticed Head and Shoulders Shampoo has a permethrin form. I had doused myself with the Nix overnight and showered, but noticed after washing my hair and body with the Head and Shoulders a few of the tiny "bastards" still surfacing as minute little strands or as dots under the skin. This is sooo gross- but maybe it will help someone.I feel the pain of all you fellow itchers out there.
Head and shoulders does NOT have a permethrin form. post a link please.
one bottle has zinc.
and another contain selenium sulfide, helps control fungus and mites.
post a link please.
the generic brand of head and shoulders contains both selenium sulfide and menthol.
Head and Shoulders

Olney, IL

#92 Jun 10, 2012
My mistake...It did help with the itching after treatment though..
tina

Mount Holly, NJ

#93 Sep 3, 2012
rsl wrote:
just started my treatment - 5% permethrin cream. got the doctor to prescribe ivermectin also. 200 micro grams/kilo is the recommended dosage, so 18mg for me (3 x 6mg tablets). The NEJM study suggested the itching will end sooner with ivermectrin than it does with topical treatments.
Try benedryl at least two hours before sleeping. It really helps.
austin

United States

#94 Oct 22, 2012
I havent went to a dermatologist and i dont know whether or not i have scabies. Can someone please tell me exactly what they look like?
suicidal for two years

Smithfield, NC

#95 Nov 2, 2012
i finally found out i had scabies from researching the internet! thank you Lord Jesus! Take HOT baths with 3 cups of clorox bleach wash all bedding and sleep on an air matress for two wks. also multi-vitamins,epsom salt borax sulfer! all these work! i live alone so not as hard to kill once identified but i feel sorry for people with children and pets as you can get the ping-pong effect and re-infect!
Silly scratcher

United States

#96 Nov 28, 2012
I just found out that I have scabies. I understand the laundry part but what do I do to my mattress??
Rinny

Coimbatore, India

#97 Dec 21, 2012
OMG!!! I'm affected with the scabies,which is really irritating... I work at nights where I cant control myself when I'm at office. I've taken treatment and still see that the itching does not reduce.. Who so ever it may be plz treat scabies as soon as you see the symptoms else it will lead you to a terrible condition
Rinny

Coimbatore, India

#98 Dec 21, 2012
Th worst thing that can ever happen!!! Plz do treat at the starting stage itself
hate scabies

United States

#99 Jan 23, 2013
Hellllppp all of this sounds too familiar
itchygurl

Atlanta, GA

#100 Feb 9, 2013
Someone tell me what too do I'm itching bad. I have no doctor what do I do will they ever go away?!!!!:'(

Since: Oct 12

Sydney

#101 Feb 9, 2013
itchygurl wrote:
Someone tell me what too do I'm itching bad. I have no doctor what do I do will they ever go away?!!!!:'(
permethrin, ivermectin, clean everything with borax. try urgent care clinic.
Tyre

United States

#103 Feb 10, 2013
I have never been so pissed.. I bought a puppy and when i got him home i realized he was itchin and biting alot. my friend wanted him so i sold my puppy to him. but i didnt know why i started itching until now!!!!I looked it up why im itchin after holdin a puppy who was missin hair and itchin. i am sooooooooo pissed!! im going to the doctor tomorrow wow!!!!
Irene

Soledad, CA

#105 May 14, 2013
I just got infested 3 weeks or so ago I'm 16 and I didn't listen to my mother when she told me to put sheets on my mattress now my biggest concer is that I might need a new mattress my infestation isn't bad atleast I don't think it's bad the doctor gave me 5% pethedermin and I just applied it today I have extreme itching I stopped my self from crying a few times because its bad and my parents don't seems to understand how bad it is what should I do about my mattress ? And any other tips and recommendations to help my treatment and itch PLEASE thank you
Terrified

Greenwood, SC

#106 May 22, 2013
I have been itching like crazy since December. My sister and I got this at the same time and she
moved out and got rid of hers. There are two other people on my house that haven't showed any symptoms. I used a steroid cream with sulfur in it about a week ago, but I can't tell if its working. I am still itching like crazy and I am seeing new bites. What do I do?? I just want this madness to end already! We are about to move into a new house and I DO NOT want to take this with me!
Jason

Staten Island, NY

#107 Jun 30, 2013
Sulfur soaps and sulfur ointments are what does the trick.
Both are widely available at Wal-Mart in the skin care section. the brand name of the ointment is DeLaCruz Sulfur Ointment (for severe acne) and the soap is called simply "Sulfur soap" or " Azufre soap"
the ointment comes in small jars like 2.5 oz so you better buy at least 3-4 becuase you have to coat you entire skin -after bathing and "air-drying" use the ointment everywhere and I do mean everywhere.
Leave some soap in your hair so it dries on your scalp. You leave the ointment on for 12 hrs then wash with the soap then ointment again for at least 3 days.
Hope this helps.
Molytone

Gladesville, Australia

#108 Jul 16, 2013
Very cool bath with tea tree oil once the itch has calmed mix tea tree oil with a small of coconut oil and paint yourself and it will reduce the itch. I used everything but in the end it was this that soothed it. Ice ......immediate. Ivermectin ( medication) one dose feel so much better 4 hours later. Keep a wet cloth beside you overnight and lay on any itch you will sleep better
bababooey

Rowlett, TX

#109 Jul 20, 2013
help please!! It is 2 am here in central standard time. i am getting a new bed and sheets and mattress and everything tomorrow midday-will be slept in tomorrow night. i would like to be scabies free by the time i get all this stuff(very expensive)(3000+) i have noticed the rash and itching before but thought nothing of it. Tonight has been the worst it has been. the itching occurs slightly in the day and mostly at night very severely. i was wondering if the symptoms are progressive aka they get worse over time. i cant sleep and doubt i will. since i have all this time i have been researching what it could be. i looked up all my symptoms and the one that seems most prevalent is Scabies. i looked up symptoms of scabies and i had almost everything it said plus everything (Symptom) i had was on there.(VIA WEBMD)(GREAT SITE BTW) i have spent over 2.5 hours looking at it. i cant get to the doctor until around 9 am tomorrow morning. i am just wondering how long this treatment will take plus what i should do in the meantime. everything i have looked at says to not use cortisone or steroids or hydrocortisone or any of that cream. so i am not going to do that. it says not to take those because it can mask the symptoms thus making it harder to diagnose. also what is the most effective way to treat it aka the best thing the doctor can give you i just dont want to fart around at the doctors for 2 hours and get nothing out of it. i would like to get in and out with no B.S. also i was wondering if me recently hitting puberty has anything to do with it? it also is in a very personal area. I am a male too. if anyone is still up please give me some advice i just dont want to muck up my new stuff. thanks

nick in texas

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) 12 hr Thx Better Now 838
News Scabies not a big deal, officials say (Mar '09) 12 hr DC Dave 63
Super bad anxiety + rash don't mix! 13 hr Thx Better Now 10
Treatment advice--dogs with mange- owner with s... 22 hr Laura 35
Urine and mud treatment Mon Laura 7
At wit's end. Need help/advice. Mon Laura 39
Is it Scabies or Ringworm?? (Feb '11) Mon hixxgrl 30
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Aug 21 H8-them 4,694
More from around the web