El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Marfa,
Of course. Its a myth that they don't like the head. They love the head. But its hard to treat the hair area.

I put pomado de azufre sulfer cream from walmart $5, in and on my ears and certain spots. I put dry baking soda in dry hair to stop nymph activity in my hair. If you can use the gooey cream all over your head at night and take oral ivermectin, that works the best.

I shampoo daily with head and shoulders blue bottle.
The head gets treated less so buggies take refuge there.
I'm open to any good ideas on what to use on head.

Malathion was useless, perm useless, so nontoxic is best.
kim

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Judged:

Ive used the creams for months and spent tons of money but it was like they were immune to it. i read on hear to buy hand sanitizer and put it all over my body and wipe off before it dries and its worked. you can even see them on the kleenex when you wipe urself off. first time in months that ive been itch free. \o/
Vann from Tennessee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Judged:

Kim,
"..buy hand sanitizer and put it all over my body and wipe off before it dries and its worked. you can even see them on the kleenex when you wipe urself off. first time in months that ive been itch free.\o/..."

MANY THANKS! You have provided even more evidence! This is getting to be a repeatable pattern that any kind of body oil rubbed into the skin kills these Mites by suffocation.
There have also been reports of vaseline killing the mites by suffocation on this board. Can the cure be so simple?
1)We have Pokadot Patty and her Biosilk treatment,
http://www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies/TC1...
2) We have WTM using the Skin So Soft treatment
http://www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies/TKU...
3) We have my reported cure using Grapeseed Oil
http://www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies/T47...
4) We have many reports on the success of Vaseline. I don't have links [yet].

The evidence is piling up that ANY body oil rubbed into the skin every day kills the Mites by suffocation. I'll get the links on the Vaseline treatment and put all of this together into one new thread.

May God Speed your cure,
Vann
Pokadot Patty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

Judged:

Vann from Tennessee wrote:
Kim,
"..buy hand sanitizer and put it all over my body and wipe off before it dries and its worked. you can even see them on the kleenex when you wipe urself off. first time in months that ive been itch free.\o/..."
MANY THANKS! You have provided even more evidence! This is getting to be a repeatable pattern that any kind of body oil rubbed into the skin kills these Mites by suffocation.
There have also been reports of vaseline killing the mites by suffocation on this board. Can the cure be so simple?
The evidence is piling up that ANY body oil rubbed into the skin every day kills the Mites by suffocation. I'll get the links on the Vaseline treatment and put all of this together into one new thread.
May God Speed your cure,
Vann
Sounds like Kim has bird mites.
They would be on the skin not in it.

Patty
merry beth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2010

Vann from Tennessee wrote:
Kim,
May God Speed your cure,
Vann
Sorry for the reply but I can't post, only reply. Can someone guide me back to rey rey's post. I can't seem to find them.
Thanks
Mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2010

so if scabies are more active at night, would leaving the lights on have an affect to them? im willing to try anything to get these scabies away.
niki

Corona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

I had scabies a few years ago and got rid of them with topical medication. Now I have the same sort of itching, but dont see the entry point, the rash or the zig zag lines. Could ot still be scabies? Will the ever just go away after awhile?
jojo

Marshfield, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

I am in my sixth month of a scabies infection. I have tried 5% permethrin and lindane and neither worked. Both made me nauseous and gave me a foggy headachy feeling. I bought some over the counter tea tree oil in the acne section of my pharmacy and have applied it morning and night. I had a rash and itch reaction the first few days but it has been the only thing that has come close to getting rid of the scabies. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Joe

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2010

Judged:

Mike wrote:
so if scabies are more active at night, would leaving the lights on have an affect to them? im willing to try anything to get these scabies away.
No. Leaving the lights on will not help. First, you yourself need complete darkness for a good night's sleep. As long as you have something on your skin, a good topical, you should be good. The mites will run around on your skin, when you are still. it doesn't matter if it is dark or not, although they prefer darkness. Pay attention to your sleep area, as that is the area, where the mites run around on you, and they will get into the covers, mattress, etc.
Loulou

Antioch, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

BKA wrote:
<quoted text>Try putting BIO-Silk conditioner on the rash wait 1 hour an rub like crazy thay come off do it in the tub because it dont always kill them pour ammonia or bleach in tub after your done
how is your family doing now ? My family is currently dealing with it...
shelby

Spring Lake, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2010

Judged:

please help me! they wont go away i feel them crawling all over me right now!
Hilly

Hillsdale, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2010

one just bit near my ear
Mange

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2010

Judged:

Sam wrote:
Welty that's a way better idea than what I used to do. I'd just wipe with a kleenex and throw it across the room. Get up the next morning and pick up the 5 or 6 kleenexes, do you think the mites stayed in the kleenex? ;)
The mites are probably all over your room now... oh man. You just spread them more.
meeee

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

Judged:

i used the permethrin cream and it worked for me.......?
meeee

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

Judged:

i also used lice shampoo and rubbed it all over my body
Thisitchingmetot ears

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

Judged:

I dont kno what to do im really scared i dont even know how i got this crap im a very clean person and to kno mites are crawling all over me makes me wanna cry til i cant cry anymore this is so painful im just scared of catchin it again after i get rid of um this is annoying as hell i cant sleep i cant even eat without fearing ima eat the mites this has to stop
scrach itch ouch

West Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2011

Judged:

i wish mine would go away i have missed school for 2 days and cant sleep i miss my friends and bf and some of my familey r scared of me well not me the scabies ouch!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Mar 08

Stuart, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2011

Judged:

BoringTrash wrote:
I've done a fair swab of reading. They always mention that scabies itches more at night but never offer why. Is there any theory out there why this it? It can't be because the scabies are hanging out on the bed - I've sprayed the bed and changed the sheets. I'm also two days into biological warfare with my body scabies. Yet still, during the day I hardly itch and then about two minutes after laying down in bed with lights off, the battlefield opens fire.
Scabie mites are lite averse(they do not like light). Understanding the mite & it's life cycle will enlighten you to better treating. There is tons of info about all types of treatments and details. www.scabiehelp.com
A_P_M

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2011

The doctors prescriptions haven't worked, I am trying the sulfur out. This has been a hellish ordeal, how long should i wait before opening the furniture back up and the clothes?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of125
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

146 Users are viewing the Scabies Forum right now

Search the Scabies Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
My experience. 41 min ItchyinAtlanta 1
What WORKS and MISCONCEPTIONS - My Story 51 min sufferer 7
Post Scabies Red Bumps (Aug '09) 4 hr badbugs 117
Pin Prick & Crawling Sensations? Post Scabies T... (Apr '12) 5 hr love it 183
Post-Scabies Treatment Eczema (Jan '07) 5 hr Leede 322
Post Scabies vs. Active Scabies 6 hr Leede 1
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 15 hr boyohboy 4,010
Albendazole (Valbazen) Curing Me (Oct '13) 15 hr Flossy 719
•••
•••
•••
•••