How I got cured of scabies.....

Posted in the Scabies Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Oct 09

Montrose, CO

#1 Feb 6, 2010
Well, I really don't understand why you guys haven't figured it out yet, there has been tons of info. on here to help you.... I tried sulfur soap, sulfur cream, diatomaceous earth and they all help a little but not enough to cure you of them. It's the Arm & Hammer fragrance free & dye free detergent powder that has Cured me, but I don't bathe in it cause I only have a walk in shower but I dulute the powder 1/2 cup in about 5 cups Hot water untill it's disolved then I put it in a spray bottle and spritz it on right after I towel dry after my shower, oh, and spray your hair too or shampoo with it, they were hiding in my hair for a long time I didn't realize they were there but that's the main place they love to hide. It's like you wash with whatever soap you want then you get out and put this soap on, I think that's funny, kind of. But you leave it on till the next time you bathe or shower and do it all over again untill you have had no symptoms for several weeks, no track marks (lines of their poo & eggs),(just to make sure they are gone). And I spray my couches and carpeting and bedding with Lysol spray disenfectant and that kills them too but you can't spray youself with it, it's toxic on skin. Okay, so that's everything. Good luck but you won't need it if you do these things. I am just soooo happy to be rid of the itching, I have my life back.
Vann from Tennessee

Henderson, TN

#2 Feb 7, 2010
Bitten1,
That is wonderful to hear. Thanks for the feedback, and Congratulations. Can you answer a few questions?
1) How many times a week did you use this treatment?
2) How many actual weeks were you treating yourself?
3) How long has it been since you stopped your treatments?
4) How many times per week or per month did you spray your environment & bedding with Lysol.
5) Was it the Lysol you mix with water, or the Lysol in pre-packaged spray cans?
-
Thank the Lord you are cured,
Vann
skf

Glasgow, KY

#3 Feb 7, 2010
bitten1 wrote:
Well, I really don't understand why you guys haven't figured it out yet, there has been tons of info. on here to help you.... I tried sulfur soap, sulfur cream, diatomaceous earth and they all help a little but not enough to cure you of them. It's the Arm & Hammer fragrance free & dye free detergent powder that has Cured me, but I don't bathe in it cause I only have a walk in shower but I dulute the powder 1/2 cup in about 5 cups Hot water untill it's disolved then I put it in a spray bottle and spritz it on right after I towel dry after my shower, oh, and spray your hair too or shampoo with it, they were hiding in my hair for a long time I didn't realize they were there but that's the main place they love to hide. It's like you wash with whatever soap you want then you get out and put this soap on, I think that's funny, kind of. But you leave it on till the next time you bathe or shower and do it all over again untill you have had no symptoms for several weeks, no track marks (lines of their poo & eggs),(just to make sure they are gone). And I spray my couches and carpeting and bedding with Lysol spray disenfectant and that kills them too but you can't spray youself with it, it's toxic on skin. Okay, so that's everything. Good luck but you won't need it if you do these things. I am just soooo happy to be rid of the itching, I have my life back.
see it does work for some. WOW! AWSOME.....
Vann from Tennessee

Henderson, TN

#4 Feb 7, 2010
Bitten1,

I love your cure. It is simple, elegant, EZ to implement and non-toxic.

One last question - Did you find that your treatment dried out your skin? If it did, applying Grapeseed oil every day would have been perfect to restore your skin and make it silky smooth. IMO, Grapeseed Oil is a miracle product.

Bless you, and many thanks for your feedback,
Vann
Pokadot Patty

United States

#5 Feb 7, 2010
skf wrote:
<quoted text>see it does work for some. WOW! AWSOME.....
SKF,
I told you so!
So glad to have you back!!!
Patty
buggie

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Feb 7, 2010
bitten1 wrote:
,,, It's the Arm & Hammer fragrance free & dye free detergent powder that has Cured me, but I don't bathe in it cause I only have a walk in shower but I dulute the powder 1/2 cup in about 5 cups Hot water untill it's disolved then I put it in a spray bottle and spritz it on right after I towel dry after my shower, oh, and spray your hair too or shampoo with it, they were hiding in my hair for a long time I didn't realize they were there but that's the main place they love to hide.
...And I spray my couches and carpeting and bedding with Lysol spray disenfectant and that kills them too but you can't spray youself with it, it's toxic on skin...
bitten,
1/2 cup arm and hammer laundry detergent in 5 cups hot water sounds like a lot of deterg to leave on your skin and hair. It's the highest ratio I've heard so far. I'm happy it worked for you.

vann,
you can buy lysol spray at costco. it's in an aerosol can.

Montrose, CO

#7 Feb 13, 2010
Hi people, yes SKF, your info. was wonderful or I would still be driven crazy by those little f----ers! Thank-you soooo much! Vann, thanks for the questions & I hope you are getting some relief, I shower every other day and put the A&H on me, then spray the lysol everywhere. It doesn't dry out my skin, I do use a very moisturizing soap in the shower so that helps, "Olivella", liquid I find is the best and natural w olive oil. You should have read more carefully because I said Lysol (spray) disenfectant, I was carefull to make sure I was very specific so hopefully there wouldn't be any question to how to get rid of scabies, but believe me I understand that reading soooo many blogs while your itching is making you crazy is very hard to do, really! ;), Yes the detergent on your skin is ucky but ya-gotta-do what you gotta-do, lol. I am keeping up the treatment till..... because I have read about reoccurring scabies when people thought they were cured so I'm just going to continue untill, I don't know, I'm just so scared to have them again so I'm not going to stop treatment for several months I guess, I don't mind using Lysol spray on Everything and having soap on my skin, it's way better than having scabies! Take care, I luv you guys!!!
Vann from Tennessee

United States

#8 Feb 14, 2010
Bitten1,

I love it!! You are a hero. We have another NON-TOXIC cure to forward to new members coming here for help. Let us know when you are FREE for 6 months and I can post your link to this index of "Cured for 6 Months" here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies/TIB...

I just stopped my treatments last week (starting week 5 of being FREE ) using my Grapeseed Oil -Diatomaceous Earth procedures.
http://www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies/T47...

Fingers crossed & hoping I do not get reinfected. I examine my skin carefully every morning, isn't it wonderful being free of this MONSTER?

God Bless You,
Vann
MikDee

Milford, PA

#9 Feb 14, 2010
bitten1 wrote:
Hi people, yes SKF, your info. was wonderful or I would still be driven crazy by those little f----ers! Thank-you soooo much! Vann, thanks for the questions & I hope you are getting some relief, I shower every other day and put the A&H on me, then spray the lysol everywhere. It doesn't dry out my skin, I do use a very moisturizing soap in the shower so that helps, "Olivella", liquid I find is the best and natural w olive oil. You should have read more carefully because I said Lysol (spray) disenfectant, I was carefull to make sure I was very specific so hopefully there wouldn't be any question to how to get rid of scabies, but believe me I understand that reading soooo many blogs while your itching is making you crazy is very hard to do, really! ;), Yes the detergent on your skin is ucky but ya-gotta-do what you gotta-do, lol. I am keeping up the treatment till..... because I have read about reoccurring scabies when people thought they were cured so I'm just going to continue untill, I don't know, I'm just so scared to have them again so I'm not going to stop treatment for several months I guess, I don't mind using Lysol spray on Everything and having soap on my skin, it's way better than having scabies! Take care, I luv you guys!!!
How do you know it was not the olive oil soap, you call "Olivella" that cured you? I've been bathing in a cup full of A&H detergent every night for months, and it hasn't cured me yet!
All it seems to do is stop the biting, & crawling, for about 12-16hrs, But then again I have mites of some type, not scabies. I applied Avon moisture therapy with olive oil one night, and it stopped the itching, & crawling dead, as well! but, I live alone now, and can't reach parts of my back with it :(
MikDee

Milford, PA

#10 Feb 14, 2010
By the way, more A&H soap then that starts to affect my skin, I get rashes.
Vann from Tennessee

United States

#11 Feb 15, 2010
MikDee,
I suspect the reason for Bitten1' success is explained in 2 steps.
1) She is NOT soaking in the tub. When soaking in a mix of chemicals, the chemicals are absorbed into the skin, so when too much A&H is in the tub, dermatitus is the result. Not enough A&H and the bugs survive. If she were soaking in a tub with her mix % of A&H her skin would surely be destroyed.
2) She is spraying a very concentrated mix ON her skin with the result that it is not absorbed and leaves a rather thick film on top of the skin. Because she is spraying after her shower, the thick film then gets into molting pouches and kills the nymphs there and also kills them if they crwal out of their pouches.

My approach is very similar except that a thick film of DE is left on my skin to kill the mites.

What counts most is why Bitten1 thinks it works. I am just speculating.

Best to all,
Vann
Pokadot Patty

United States

#12 Feb 15, 2010
Vann from Tennessee wrote:
MikDee,
I suspect the reason for Bitten1' success is explained in 2 steps.
1) She is NOT soaking in the tub. When soaking in a mix of chemicals, the chemicals are absorbed into the skin, so when too much A&H is in the tub, dermatitus is the result. Not enough A&H and the bugs survive. If she were soaking in a tub with her mix % of A&H her skin would surely be destroyed.
2) She is spraying a very concentrated mix ON her skin with the result that it is not absorbed and leaves a rather thick film on top of the skin. Because she is spraying after her shower, the thick film then gets into molting pouches and kills the nymphs there and also kills them if they crwal out of their pouches.
My approach is very similar except that a thick film of DE is left on my skin to kill the mites.
What counts most is why Bitten1 thinks it works. I am just speculating.
Best to all,
Vann
He does love the sound of his own voice.

Mike....It could be environmental.
Bitten1 could have environmental factors or proceedures that you do not. Maybe you need to investigate that?

Patty

Montrose, CO

#13 Mar 26, 2010
I'm just here to keep this blog at the top so you people will get relief/cured of these f-ing things like I have. And Thank-you again skf, I haven't been using the arm&hammer anymore, thank goodness, my skin couldn't take it any more and it's been a month and nothing, no creepy feelings no bites not even a little any thing, I can't believe it and I am soooo happy, finally! Oh, I don't think it matters how much you delute it, I ended up just standing in front of the mirror after my shower and dipping my hand into a container of the mixture of a&h & hot water (cooled and disolved first) and just applying it every where, I kept it up for a couple months just to make sure even though I hated doing it. And spraying Lysol disinfectant spray every where. Be well! ;)
buggie

United States

#14 Mar 26, 2010
Awesome bitten1,
Thanks for bumping the thread.
Last night I was going to take the couch cushions outside and spray lysol on them. Thank god I didn't cos my daughter came home. She would have freaked. She freaked when she noticed d.e. on them. Lol. This is a sofa set that 2 dogs slept on for 2 years, never been vacuumed, never washed. Ill spray lysol one pillow at a time outside. The fumes hurt my lungs.
Rob

Berlin, MA

#15 Mar 30, 2010
Arm and Hammer did not work for me. I tried it for months to no avail. All it did was dry the hell out of my skin. If it worked for you, great, I'm happy for you. The only thing that is FINALLY working for me is the combination of ivermectin, sulfur cream and sulfur soap as well as spray all bedding and carpeting with RID. And I had these mites for years off an on. For the first time I'm bite free for several weeks and no longer have the red pimple looking bites.
Amber

Inglewood, CA

#16 Mar 30, 2010
I am hoping everything we are trying will work. My son had a crazy rash on his arms only for 2 weeks then I started getting bumps in between my thumbs and index finger then between my toes. The doctor says he doesn't think it is scabies because it isn't contagious? However gave my son the oral stromectol and gave our family of 5 permethrin which we all used last night. I am changing linens and washing them every night also vacuuming the carpet and beds. I am also doing arm n hammer baths for my son and I the only two showing symptoms. We are also using tea tree oil neem oil biosilk and sulfer soap from CVS. I am trying to rotate. After starting the permethrin last night I am now itchy is this normal?
jenny

Moscow, Russia

#17 Mar 30, 2010
i've been diagnose with scabies about 5 months ago.the doctor had prescribed me with benzyl benzoate solution,and so far i think it alleviates my itching symptoms.but how do i knoe whether i've cured or not?i can sleep normally at night. but the rash or some nodules keep coming back eventho the itching symptoms is mild.and i suppose,im totally not cured from this thing.i have scratch marks at my low abdomen.and my arms.how do i get rid of this?and where to find all the necessary solutions as im not us citizen.
buggie

United States

#18 Mar 30, 2010
Amber, if your cvs has products from mexico section near the pharmacy, buy pomado de azufer $5 each small yellow jar. 10% sulfur cream. I bought every jar they had in stock yesterday because it can be hard to find. Read all the posts especially about laundry and a&h dry detergent. Can you turn your hot water heat up to 160 degrees?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#19 Mar 30, 2010
Jenny , benzyl benozate ,from what I know, can be highly effective in getting rid of scabies but if your environment isn't dealt with at the same time then it won't matter which treatment or drug you're using as there will continue be a possibility that you might re-infect yourself and others.
So if I were you ,I'd take some of the advice on this forum regarding the environment and ask your doctor for more benzyl and ,if the itching and bites continue, a course of ivermectin (Stromectol)
All the best.
Amber

Inglewood, CA

#20 Mar 30, 2010
Thanks Buggie, There are no mexican products but I am an hour away from Tijuana and San Diego maybe I could find it there. I dont know the rules on bringing things across the border. Update now my baby who is 13 months old got little bites all over her back and tummy after the permethin treatment yesterday. I breastfeed her and share a bed so keeping her away was out of the question we are in constant contact. I am going crazy washing the blankets and sheets towels every day. I just took a soak in arm n hammer laundry detergent but I am afraid to wash the baby in it. I washed her off with the sulfer soap from cvs and rubbed her with tea tree oil before bed. Does the permethin work at all in a combination with the other things? My husband works alot and cannot help with the cleaning I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. Thank God for this forum I am finding it very useful to research and ask advice from others who are going thru it too or have been and beat it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I am Cured (Dec '06) 3 hr Alice 981
How to keep these mites out of your hair (Mar '10) 6 hr bugsheretoo 46
Dr. Dog Talk (Jun '10) 8 hr Thx Better Now 24
Treatment advice--dogs with mange- owner with s... 9 hr TaraBear 45
Scabies-washing clothes (Jan '12) 9 hr suec47 38
why you are not beating the mites..... (Jul '10) 11 hr suec47 38
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) 17 hr Thx Better Now 847
More from around the web