Since: Sep 07

Norvelt, PA

#1 Sep 22, 2007
I also posted this in the I Am Cured thread...I got rid of them in a matter of days with East Cape Manuka oil...I had scabies for 4-5 weeks, during which time i was only getting 3-4 hrs of sleep a night because of the itching. Obviously it was driving me crazy and the anxiety from these mites is familiar to anyone who has them. I dont see many people referencing this oil in the forums, but it absolutly worked for me and i wanted to post because i remember the hell i was going thru. Its an oil from the East Cape region of New Zealand i believe, and it immediatly relieved the itching. I got a little 5 ml bottle of 100% oil and mixed about 40 drops into a 12 oz. bottle of uncented lotion from a natural foods store. I first put undiluted 100% oil on any spot where i knew they where, from visually seeing the burrows or from repeated itching...then i lotioned my whole body after i showered. In the next couple days I kept that lotion with me and any time i felt any little itch i would lotion that spot. Honestly after the first day i used this oil i slept the whole night thru. Even the aroma of this stuff calmed my anxiety over these mites...It felt so great to actually have something to fight back against these little pests. I would highly recommend googling East Cape Manuka Oil and getting some...I got mine for under $20, though i saw some sites selling it for more...and make sure it is 100% EAST CAPE Manuka Oil.

Since: Sep 07

Maspeth, NY

#2 Sep 30, 2007
I have heard stuff about Manuka Oil.

This is the most comprehensive source on Scabies. However, there is little information about non-pharmaceutical products.

You'd think there would be more discussion about it. Sulfur isn't even discussed a whole lot. All the while, our doctors don't listen to us. Rather than self-medicate with pharma, it would make sense to try other methods, especially Sulfur which is proven to work.

I'm not at all suggestiong Manuka doesn't work. Just noting that Perm and Ivermectin are the choice topics.
Sam

United States

#3 Sep 30, 2007
divina, we have discussed sulfur in about a million posts. Many of us have used it. Different things work for different people and not everyone's scabies infestation is the same as someone elses. People post what is working for them and what doesn't. Thanks for reminding us that the sulfur worked for you though, good to know.
Bill

United States

#4 Oct 1, 2007
divina27 wrote:
I have heard stuff about Manuka Oil.
This is the most comprehensive source on Scabies. However, there is little information about non-pharmaceutical products.
You'd think there would be more discussion about it. Sulfur isn't even discussed a whole lot. All the while, our doctors don't listen to us. Rather than self-medicate with pharma, it would make sense to try other methods, especially Sulfur which is proven to work.
I'm not at all suggestiong Manuka doesn't work. Just noting that Perm and Ivermectin are the choice topics.
Hi divina27
Are you better? I saw you post asking about different kinds of sulfur. MSM has sulfur in it from a pine tree. It works well. I used the standard flowers of sulfer before I got the MSM capsules and opened them up poured out 1.5 teaspoons and mixed well with 10 teaspoons of hand creme and covered myself head to toe. It stops any itch. I have no bites or bumps.
I used to get bites from my contamanated cell phone and laptop. I fumigated it several times. A vaccum bag to store pillows and clothes for 15.00 will allow me to draw out all the air with the vacuum cleaner hose. Nothing can live in a vacuum. Or I use tuner cleaner from electronics store in a big ziplock, ther vapors kill the bugs.
Or helium in a big ziplock, any way I can remove the oxygen so all life dies in the bag. then The article is fumigated.

I hope this helps.
God bless you , Bill
divina27

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Oct 9, 2007
Sam wrote:
divina, we have discussed sulfur in about a million posts. Many of us have used it. Different things work for different people and not everyone's scabies infestation is the same as someone elses. People post what is working for them and what doesn't. Thanks for reminding us that the sulfur worked for you though, good to know.
I wasn't suggesting it wasn't discussed here. Only that it isn't discussed on the world wide web
divina27

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Oct 9, 2007
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi divina27
Are you better? I saw you post asking about different kinds of sulfur. MSM has sulfur in it from a pine tree. It works well. I used the standard flowers of sulfer before I got the MSM capsules and opened them up poured out 1.5 teaspoons and mixed well with 10 teaspoons of hand creme and covered myself head to toe. It stops any itch. I have no bites or bumps.
I used to get bites from my contamanated cell phone and laptop. I fumigated it several times. A vaccum bag to store pillows and clothes for 15.00 will allow me to draw out all the air with the vacuum cleaner hose. Nothing can live in a vacuum. Or I use tuner cleaner from electronics store in a big ziplock, ther vapors kill the bugs.
Or helium in a big ziplock, any way I can remove the oxygen so all life dies in the bag. then The article is fumigated.
I hope this helps.
God bless you , Bill
I wasn't sure if it was the smell or the molecules themselves that work with sulfer vs. msm. That is why I asked.

I seem to be cured, but I'm not entirely sure. I have had no new bumps for several weeks. I still have some itch in random places. However, that may be due to all the treatment, wrapped up with a little paranoia. I'm just not sure. My sulfur powder still hasn't arrived in the mail. I had been using sulfur soap, and lots of TTO, and some Lavender. Just discussing this, makes the bottom of my feet itch.
adanaturkey8385

Liberty Lake, WA

#7 Nov 24, 2007
What did you fumigate, the cell phone and laptop? What did you fumigate with?

Char
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi divina27

I hope this helps.
God bless you , Bill
Scabies3

Hollywood, FL

#8 Nov 25, 2007
adanaturkey8385 wrote:
What did you fumigate, the cell phone and laptop? What did you fumigate with?
Char
<quoted text>
You can buy a pyrethrin in an aerosal can to spray your electronics. I just ordered V-mist from doyourownpestcontrol.com . I haven't received it yet, but plan on using the heck out of it when it gets here.
adanaturkey8385

Liberty Lake, WA

#9 Nov 25, 2007
How do you spray it when kids and I am in the house? The natural stuff that kills them on me kills it on surfaces too, don't you think it's safer? My son has been feeling bruised and sore skin since I used the Elimite Cream on him 4 x's.
That's why I went natural.
adanaturkey8385

Liberty Lake, WA

#10 Nov 25, 2007
Why do my posts say join the community when I already joined?
andrew myers

Seneca, SC

#12 Jul 9, 2010
ok im going to try everything i can to get some of that manuka oil, cuz honestly, i was supposed to see my girl friend in just a few days, and i love her more than anything in the world. maybe the only thing i could love in this world. and just two days ago, i was infected with scabies:(and now i cant see her, i love her too much and its been forever since i last seen her or even got to be with her:(and now these stupid mites are crawling inside my body...i wont leave my room but to use the bathroom because i don't want my family infected, i cant see nor hold my girlfriend till its gone. and i would honestly shoot myself in the chest if it would make it all better, but it wont. and it just feels like were forever to be apart. and i dont want that:( please give me tips and information on how to get rid of the bastards. im only fifteen and dont want my body over ran by scum sucking scabies! please help me:(
MRSA

Netherlands

#13 Jul 9, 2010
Why not research/google the search term:

MRSA, MSSA, staphylococcus aureus, s.epidermidis, MANUKA HONEY!
Joe

Hollywood, FL

#14 Jul 9, 2010
andrew myers wrote:
ok im going to try everything i can to get some of that manuka oil, cuz honestly, i was supposed to see my girl friend in just a few days, and i love her more than anything in the world. maybe the only thing i could love in this world. and just two days ago, i was infected with scabies:(and now i cant see her, i love her too much and its been forever since i last seen her or even got to be with her:(and now these stupid mites are crawling inside my body...i wont leave my room but to use the bathroom because i don't want my family infected, i cant see nor hold my girlfriend till its gone. and i would honestly shoot myself in the chest if it would make it all better, but it wont. and it just feels like were forever to be apart. and i dont want that:( please give me tips and information on how to get rid of the bastards. im only fifteen and dont want my body over ran by scum sucking scabies! please help me:(
Read page 5 of the Scabies is Highly Contagious Thread. Look for a poster named Scabies in Fl (from Deltona, Florida). They have a few good posts there, and you can get started on getting of this stuff for good.

Also, you can go to a low cost clinic and try to get the doctor to prescribe permethrin for you. Try to get a refill or two. Wash all your bedding and clothes in scalding hot water, in the Arm and Hammer laundry Detergent. it contains sodium carbonate and it works in killing these mites.

Some of us are also taking baths in it. keep the water moving and using a good exfoliating rag to remove scabs and debris. Then rinse off and use the head and shoulders in the blue bottle. it contains 1% selenium sulfide. wash your hair with it and your entire body. then rinse off standing up. ensure you don't get the mites back onto your body from the water line in the tub.

clean your areas your frequent, the floor, the computer, the table, the laundry room, etc.

do some searches on this forum for:
laundry
cleaning
borax
hydrogen peroxide
sulfur soap
ivermectin
permethrin
benzyl benzoate
benzumul
essential oils - lemon, tea tre oil 100%, clove oil, anise oil
carrier oils - like coconut oil

you are only 15, you will get rid of this soon. keep your bedding absolutely mite free.
Joe

Hollywood, FL

#15 Jul 9, 2010
oops, i forgot that link to that thread. sorry.
http://www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies/T4F...
Joe

Hollywood, FL

#16 Jul 9, 2010
Here's a link where you can purchase Manuka oil.
http://www.harmonicskintones.com/products/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheap do it yourself kit for scabies. 4 hr Busted 5
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 10 hr workinmomca 4,371
video of scabies + cheap cure 15 hr God Bless Baltimore 4
The solution for scabies is Bleach. This is the... (Mar '12) 15 hr God Bless Baltimore 190
ScabiesBGone lotion ?? 20 hr Sherman 14
FACEBOOK page for SCABIES 20 hr Sherman 9
Norwegian crusted scabies 21 hr looking 10
More from around the web