Scabies won't go away
steven

Alliance, OH

#1100 Mar 26, 2012
make sure you are treating your vehicle with sprays that you can get online for scabies and also your work place if you work in an office or have a desk. That was according to my Doc and nurse tonigh because i just got told that i have scabies
Me Too

Murrieta, CA

#1101 Mar 27, 2012
Laura wrote:
I'm not joking. I've had this fricking thing for half a year now. I've been to the doctors a million times but none of them really seem to help! It's so bad on my legs that I scratch so hard and my legs bleed and become red, bumpy and swollen. My mum thinks I now have a reaction from all the treatments. But I still think it's scabies. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP BEFORE I SCRATCH MYSELF INTO AN EARLY GRAVE. x
P.s I'm from Scotland, not the USA so maybe your treatments are different over there from here...
I went through all this and found out that scabies can even survive a wash. BOIL your clothes. Get a plastic cover for your bed, buy new pillows and get topical ivermectin for your treatment. Look into it. After years of suffering, I finally found a cure. It worked for me....but if you have a mutated scabies that is resistant to ivermectin, then this treatment may not work for you.
Anonymous

UK

#1103 Mar 28, 2012
Laura wrote:
I'm not joking. I've had this fricking thing for half a year now. I've been to the doctors a million times but none of them really seem to help! It's so bad on my legs that I scratch so hard and my legs bleed and become red, bumpy and swollen. My mum thinks I now have a reaction from all the treatments. But I still think it's scabies. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP BEFORE I SCRATCH MYSELF INTO AN EARLY GRAVE. x
P.s I'm from Scotland, not the USA so maybe your treatments are different over there from here...
Laura I am also from the UK (Wales) and I dont think we have them as bad as some people from USA on this forum....which is something I suppose, although it is still hell.
the doc gave you permethrin creme right? and now thinks you must be cured?
step one; do the cleaning recommended around this forum, change sheets daily.
two; get a spray bottle and make up a quarter bleach and the rest water, spray it on your bed, sofa etc daily.
three; put a few capfuls of unperfumed thin bleach in your bath and bathe every night and morning, scrubbing at the itchy places with a green kitchen scourer. Moisturize with olive oil, maybe mixed with lavender oil.
four; buy three ivermectin horse wormers and take a third of a tube every four days.
five; if the itching is really bad at night on your legs, make wet wraps with tube bandages.
I really hope this helps Laura.
Anonymous

UK

#1104 Mar 28, 2012
Laura you get the horse wormers from a country/animal feed store, they are about 7, you will have to give your name and address when you buy them, just tell them you have two ponies or something.
momneedshelp

United States

#1105 Apr 29, 2012
Hi my mom has something that's been goin on for 3 years and she says its scabies. I see old mark on her skin and fresh scabs on scalp and ears. She has tried numerous times with the creams and lotions from docs rx. I am currently doin research and she is not being heard with the docs. She only scratches her head at the present time. Something I read said nothing about scabies on the scalp..I don't know what to do for her..help!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1106 Apr 29, 2012
momneedshelp wrote:
Hi my mom has something that's been goin on for 3 years and she says its scabies. I see old mark on her skin and fresh scabs on scalp and ears. She has tried numerous times with the creams and lotions from docs rx. I am currently doin research and she is not being heard with the docs. She only scratches her head at the present time. Something I read said nothing about scabies on the scalp..I don't know what to do for her..help!
Well there is a mite that burrows in the scalp. I had it for 5 months. There are others posting on other Topix Scabies threads with this infestation. The most common cure is ingesting double or triple your mothers weight-based dose of oral ivermectin while at the same time rubbing on Advantix II Blue which is sold for dogs with 45% Permethrin. It's a combination oral and topical treatment regime. How long has your mother suffered with Scabies? Also what is her weight? I will check back later when I am at home and not on my iPhone so I can post you the links where to buy what she needs and how to proceed. Does anyone else in her house have Scabies?
Hayden

Brunswick West, Australia

#1107 May 16, 2012
Fml ive had scabbies for 2 months now i thought it woulda just disapeard bye now ... Do i have to use the cream or will it just vanish aventually:/????
winter

United States

#1108 May 21, 2012
I just found a product called "kleen free". I just ordered it so I have not personally tried it but it is all natural and has really great reviews. I found it on Amazon and target.com but its cheaper at Amazon. Hope this helps a lil I know I hate these things and I'm willing to try anything and everything.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#1109 May 21, 2012
winter wrote:
I just found a product called "kleen free". I just ordered it so I have not personally tried it but it is all natural and has really great reviews. I found it on Amazon and target.com but its cheaper at Amazon. Hope this helps a lil I know I hate these things and I'm willing to try anything and everything.
I tried the Kleen green an didnt do much, seemed like it knocked them back but didnt eradicate them, I still use it for cleaning and such.
Michael

Tatenice, Czech Republic

#1110 May 24, 2012
Hello, I have Stromectol - ivermctin 12 mg/tbl. How can I use it? My weight is 70 kg. Thanks

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1111 May 24, 2012
Michael wrote:
Hello, I have Stromectol - ivermctin 12 mg/tbl. How can I use it? My weight is 70 kg. Thanks
Let's see, you weight 154 lbs so best you take double your weight based dose of 24 mg every three days while rubbing on Permethrin and taking daily bleach baths for the next eight (8) days. This treatment regime works for people who have Scabies less than six months. If you have suffered longer than six months you need something more powerful than Ivermectin and Permethrin. Good luck and best wishes.
december downtown

Hollywood, FL

#1112 May 24, 2012
mitewarrior77 wrote:
<quoted text>Let's see, you weight 154 lbs so best you take double your weight based dose of 24 mg every three days while rubbing on Permethrin and taking daily bleach baths for the next eight (8) days. This treatment regime works for people who have Scabies less than six months. If you have suffered longer than six months you need something more powerful than Ivermectin and Permethrin. Good luck and best wishes.
This information is INCORRECT. The dosage is 200 micrograms per kilogram of body weight. The correct dosage is between 15 milligrams and 17 milligrams. If you are going to use ivermectin this often, then there is no need to take daily bleach baths. The bleach baths will only wash the med out of the skin. the med stays in the skin about 30 hours. Best not to wash it off for that amount of time.
You should always seek professional medical help with this condition. Talk to your doctor and/or pharmacist for professional assistance to treat scabies.
If you have scabies for more than 6 months, it's best to not use substances that are toxic. You don't go STRONGER. You have to be diligent and understand this disease.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1113 May 24, 2012
That's the old dose! Don't listen to a psycho! December Downtown is mentally ill and her rants are incorrect. Seek help December Downtown!
ScabiegirlSince

New York, NY

#1114 May 30, 2012
mitewarrior77 wrote:
<quoted text>Let's see, you weight 154 lbs so best you take double your weight based dose of 24 mg every three days while rubbing on Permethrin and taking daily bleach baths for the next eight (8) days. This treatment regime works for people who have Scabies less than six months. If you have suffered longer than six months you need something more powerful than Ivermectin and Permethrin. Good luck and best wishes.
I mean what is stronger than high dosis of ivermectin and advantix? There is nothing stronger than that. Maybe a bullet in the head.
ScabiegirlSince

New York, NY

#1115 May 30, 2012
december downtown wrote:
<quoted text>
This information is INCORRECT. The dosage is 200 micrograms per kilogram of body weight. The correct dosage is between 15 milligrams and 17 milligrams. If you are going to use ivermectin this often, then there is no need to take daily bleach baths. The bleach baths will only wash the med out of the skin. the med stays in the skin about 30 hours. Best not to wash it off for that amount of time.
You should always seek professional medical help with this condition. Talk to your doctor and/or pharmacist for professional assistance to treat scabies.
If you have scabies for more than 6 months, it's best to not use substances that are toxic. You don't go STRONGER. You have to be diligent and understand this disease.
I mean this is f... Crazy!!!! How is it possible not to cure this with higher dosis of iver and permethrin advantix? This is very upsetting. What about if one do it for like month and half? Come on! Otherwise this is worst than aids or any other desease
Ne ne

Europe

#1117 Jun 3, 2012
I have a big red rash all over my body, the doctor perscribed lyclear and ive been using tee tree oil in the bath im young.. Ive a child of one and a three year old... Ive never been so ashamed and embarresed in all my life.... Can anybody genuinely help??? Thanks;(
mt va

Martinsburg, WV

#1119 Jul 2, 2012
my stepson caught scabies in jail is there anyway we can hold the jail responsible and how long does it last and how dangerous is it to babies
jake

Newton Falls, OH

#1120 Jul 7, 2012
Wow I'm 15 and these thing blow ive tried like all the creams and they wont go away idk what to do.
Scabie girl

New York, NY

#1122 Jul 16, 2012
Me Too wrote:
<quoted text>
I went through all this and found out that scabies can even survive a wash. BOIL your clothes. Get a plastic cover for your bed, buy new pillows and get topical ivermectin for your treatment. Look into it. After years of suffering, I finally found a cure. It worked for me....but if you have a mutated scabies that is resistant to ivermectin, then this treatment may not work for you.
Me too hi how long have you had this for before u tried pour on and how u tried it...how did u pour on how many times a day did u shower at all? And how long did u do it to feel heal?
chicka

Idaho Falls, ID

#1123 Aug 1, 2012
I had scabies and using hot water the hottest you can stand it starts helping after a couple of days and i know this is bad but a hair dryer on the skin soothes it and eventually it will go away. Take three of the hottest showers you can stand

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is anyone else seeing the mites and picking fro... (Nov '10) 6 hr Meka 19
Take it to the next level: Albendazole and Praz... (Jul '13) 17 hr fighting2 55
How to soothe post scabies itch? 21 hr sdcsteve 4
Scabies Clinical Trials Details United States 21 hr sdcsteve 18
How does Ivermectin work exactly? (Mar '11) Fri Laroc17 132
Happy Jack's Kennel Dip II (Sep '11) Fri Derrell 21
Deet for scabies? (Jun '13) Fri Derrell 13
More from around the web