Options to permethrin and Ivermectin
FRED

Denver, CO

#21 Dec 28, 2011
if you're interested in the science read lone waitie's post; If your have any studies to add please , by all means, do so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3AScabies
FRED

Denver, CO

#22 Dec 29, 2011
The Piperonyl butoxide has been a major turning point in my recovery. My skin is shedding dead mites as they are born daily and their are absolutely no new bites, my kin is healing everywhere. The couple of points of concern that I have had though , and excuse me for being graphic here, are 1 ,my penis. There was a mite or colony that managed to make it's way down(up?) my urethra so it wasn't just a skin problem anymore. I know , I could feel it., it was the center. How do you address this? I want a complete cure or it is worth nothing.
This is my current approach, once a day I take the syringe of Eqvalan horse paste and force feed a dose of Ivermectin down my urethra. It takes some self discipline but not so bad. I have also been applying the PBO/advantix to the outside a few times daily. I was happy to find for the first time several dead mites on the outside of my penis today. I think it is important during this treatment to not bathe so as not to wash away what kills them. Yes it sounds drastic but if you understood the alternative the choice would be obvious.
Next my eyes, as in eyeballs. I could feel them biting there so it was a matter of much concern.
I'm not at the point yet where I would consider putting permethrin and pbo in my eyes but i wouldn't discount it in the long run. I'm currently using the Rohto ice astringent eye drops ,mainly because I couldn't find any credible research on this other than what was on this forum.

Any suggestions from veterans would be helpful.

Thanks- FRED
FRED

Denver, CO

#23 Dec 30, 2011
So to whoever spammed me , what do you suggest as an option for regaining my life? I've done a lot of research on this and can show all the evidence so if you have something to add please do.

O.K. so according to the UPS tracker my piperonyl butoxide and the 10% permethrin are arriving today.
Based on his scientific study involving skin absorbtion and my desire not to compromise the permethrin too much I came up with this formula.

http://www.dutasteride.cc/minoxidil/factors-a...

5 oz of 10% permethrin
1 oz [email protected]
1 oz piperonyl [email protected]%
7 oz total yeilds these percentages;
7.1428% permethrin
13.571% ethanol
13.042% piperonyl butoxide
66.243% Inert ingredients per martins 10% permethrin

I am currently using a solution that is 5% permethrin and 3.5% piperonyl butoxide with no skin enhancement component and it has killed all the mites on my skin where the skin isn't thick like feet and hands and this is only the 5th day of applying it. I'm going to soak my feet and hands in this new solution for an hour and i'm thinking that should penetrate enough to kill anything in the thick skin.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#24 Dec 30, 2011
This sounds promising. So you are killing the crawlers but not the eggs, am I understanding you correctly? And you are hopeful this new solution will kill off both the eggs and the alive mites under your skin, right?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#25 Dec 30, 2011
i thought i had scabies, but i had bird mites, and they also invaded the inside. i had to use bactrim and some other antibiotics to get rid of the inside ones. hehre's a post that was helpful for me to get rid of the outside ones also.
http://birdmites.org/forum.html
A HORROR STORY WITH A HAPPY ENDING
I wanted to submit this message to anyone that suspects they have bird mites. I'm an educated professional, single male making 180k a year that was living a great life until the bird mites appeared four years ago.I came back from a trip to find birds had nested in two of the fan ducts of my bathrooms and next to the AC intake. The first night, I laid down to go to bed was the first time I felt that horrible feeling like something very slight was crawling on my skin especially my face and hair. The next day I noticed my first bites.
Please note, I'm a pretty good looking guy that cares about his appearance, like we all do I guess, so this really bothered me to have these big red bites on my face and neck. The more I messed with them, the more infected they became. This went on for about a month even after I removed the nests and at the time I did not associate the bites with the birds nests. It then became increasingly bad, more itching, more bites, infected bites, bites in and around my eyelids, inside my nose etc. Anyone that has these knows what I'm talking about. I went to important meetings with big bite marks on my face. I went to countless events and social functions and could not enjoy myself because my whole body itched. I felt terrible and tired due to lack of sleep and infected bites on my face, neck and chest. Even though I train regularly, don’t drink or smoke, my health diminished dramatically because of lack of quality sleep and stress. Big circles under my eyes and my hair started to gray very fast. The only relief I would get was when I went away and washed all my clothes I had in my suitcase and stuck the suitcase away. Then after a few days the bites would stop.
In an effort to keep this short, this is a list of what I did in an effort to rid myself of this problem: I paid someone to remove all the nests. I paid someone to come with a microglass and scan my house until they found these. They used tape to catch and then to show me. I paid someone to cut down two large trees near my house. I paid someone to cut back all the brush around my house. I paid someone to boil every piece of clothes I had. I took all my clothes to have dry cleaned. I paid a company to come and steam clean all my furniture. In four years I spent over $4 thousand dollars on pest control companies. I bought natural cleaners and all those products on the internet that were supposed to kill mites to the tune of about $1.300. I had my house tented to the tune of about $2400.
In the end I spent over $12,000 USD and hundreds of hours and weekends trying to fix this problem. Finally, this was my solution and I'm happy and relieved to say it has worked $100%. I sold my house. Put every piece of everything I owned in storage, including TVs, furniture, golf clubs, all my clothes, books…EVERYTHING. I bought a new house, and started my life again without a single piece of anything from my old house. Before I went into my new house, I went to the beach, showered each day with anti lice shampoo, threw out all my clothes, and bought new ones. When I came into my new house, I was clean, I was mite free and the house was also. It has been over three months now. Not a single bite, not a single itch, nothing. I lost all my possessions and had to start my life again but I will tell you it was worth it. Again, for those of you reading this site, who think people with this affliction are crazy, like I did when I first read these type of sites, I'm not crazy and neither are the other people with this affliction. The only thing I can do is to offer the advice I have given here and wish you the best in your fight against these things. T.
FRED

Denver, CO

#26 Dec 30, 2011
According to this link from the CDC;

"permethrin kills the scabies mite and eggs."

http://www.cdc.gov/scabies/hcp/meds.html

MW77, when i tried just the advantix before for a week it just seemed to piss them off and i was getting bit throughout. After 2 days of the low power solution All biting stopped and I started exhibiting lots of post scabies .
Today I just received the Items I ordered and for the first time applied the more potent solution. I changed the formula from what is listed above. I thought I might be using too much piperonyl butoxide since the Spregal Scabicide spray has 5% and the Launal has 4% and the topical Permethrin cream is 5%, I wanted to stay within reasonable metabolic levels yet have it still be potent.
I used this for the first time now, soaked hands and feet for an hour then applied whole body.

5 oz of 10% permethrin
1 oz [email protected]
1/2 oz piperonyl [email protected]%(1 measured tablespoon)
6.5 oz total yeilds these percentages;
7.692% permethrin
14.615% ethanol
7.023% piperonyl butoxide
balance- Inert ingredients per martins 10% permethrin

Now I'm going to vacuum up all this damn Diatomaceous earth and Borax and treat my house with this proven potent miticied.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#27 Dec 30, 2011
bird mites invade the urinery track, ears eyes etc, & this is waht happen to me

http://birdmites.org/research.html
FRED

Denver, CO

#28 Dec 30, 2011
Wow , that was pretty good of those people who bought your house, even after you told them about the problem.
FRED

Denver, CO

#29 Dec 30, 2011
I put on the new more powerful solution around noon today and the big difference that I notice between it and the Rid/ Advantix mixture is the amount of dead mites I am finding on especially my hands and feet. It is now 7 p.m. and in the last hour I have found over 50 dead mites on my hands and feet.

Location hidden

#30 Dec 30, 2011
FRED wrote:
I put on the new more powerful solution around noon today and the big difference that I notice between it and the Rid/ Advantix mixture is the amount of dead mites I am finding on especially my hands and feet. It is now 7 p.m. and in the last hour I have found over 50 dead mites on my hands and feet.
Are the mites visible for you to see them or do you use a microscope? When I had Scabies I could feel them but never see them. So frustrating.
FRED

Denver, CO

#31 Dec 30, 2011
They are visible but i need my magnifying glass to confirm and there are two types , one is a very small oval and one is a very small cylinder, which i think is the larva. They are all coming out black which I'm taking to mean dead. I have also been taking Ivermectin daily. Today I started taking the Albendazole too, 800mg a day because these things have managed to get some places where I'm not sure the topical will reach, I don't want to go through all this and then have some lurking in the shadows. I believe my mites are the canine variety.

Location hidden

#32 Dec 30, 2011
FRED wrote:
They are visible but i need my magnifying glass to confirm and there are two types , one is a very small oval and one is a very small cylinder, which i think is the larva. They are all coming out black which I'm taking to mean dead. I have also been taking Ivermectin daily. Today I started taking the Albendazole too, 800mg a day because these things have managed to get some places where I'm not sure the topical will reach, I don't want to go through all this and then have some lurking in the shadows. I believe my mites are the canine variety.
I do read all of your posts and hope and pray for your complete cure.
jayney

San Clemente, CA

#33 Dec 30, 2011
FRED wrote:
Wow , that was pretty good of those people who bought your house, even after you told them about the problem.
that was just from someone's elses post (see link), i didn't sell my house.

Location hidden

#34 Dec 31, 2011
trimethoprim has been taken orally as a Scabies treatment while also rubbing on a topical treatment.
FRED

Denver, CO

#35 Dec 31, 2011
Thank you, MW77.
FRED

Denver, CO

#36 Dec 31, 2011
MW77, you mentioned bleach baths on the Albendazole thread and I had taken bleach baths before but they took such a toll on my skin, even with a quarter cup per tub, that I gave up. As well as the piperynol butoxide mix is working and it does , it kills everything where it can penetrate, my main concern is the thick skin of my feet and hands. I thought I was cured a couple times before and the signal that I wasn't was an onset of activity there. Since bleach is 2.5% sodium hypochlorite and not straight, it's watered down to be safe for home use but is still very strong. All the people on here expressing success by using a half cup of bleach to a 40 gallon tub are using a .0000195% sodium hypoclorite concentration. Since I didn't need a whole bleach bath I thought that if I put just enough bleach in a foot tub for the bottom of my feet using it at 2.5% as it comes then the skin penetration would be dramatically multiplied and I essentially wouldn't be metabolizing any more than any one in a standard bleach bath. The result is what i've been looking for, something to penetrate the thick skin that was toxic to the mites, i had the bottoms of my feet in the straight bleach for about 10 minutes and a half hour later I can still feel it inside the skin, gonna experiment with this and see if they are effective and have any other effects.

FRED

Denver, CO

#37 Dec 31, 2011
I did the straight bleach soak again for 10 minutes. I read in several places where chlorine dehydrates the skin. As soon as I was done with my feet and hands I dried them good and applied my topical. The PBO/Perm mix normally takes a little while to soak in but with the bleach prep my feet soaked it up like a dry sponge. Is this the thick skin answer?
my karma must suck

Rego Park, NY

#38 Dec 31, 2011
FRED wrote:
I did the straight bleach soak again for 10 minutes. I read in several places where chlorine dehydrates the skin. As soon as I was done with my feet and hands I dried them good and applied my topical. The PBO/Perm mix normally takes a little while to soak in but with the bleach prep my feet soaked it up like a dry sponge. Is this the thick skin answer?
Hi Fred:
Along with Cat, Can-Can and MW77, I've been avidly following your journey. I think you're really onto something with the piperonyl butoxide concoction. Inspired by your progress, I mixed some 5% Permethrin with Rid Shampoo and slathered it everywhere.(reapplied for 3 days) At the same time I decided to take 5x (12mg) the prescribed Ivermectin dose. I had a boatload ordered from an online pharmacy. Initially I took the Iver at the prescribed dose
(no result), then doubled it (no result) so I figured I'd been ripped off. So I did some research. I found out that ScaVista (the magic pharma brand) is actually legit and that my boatload shipment manufactured by Olderma is also legit - I'm pretty sure. Sooo- I experimented and found that if I took 5x the amt - I was getting close to the result that I originally got with the (measly 6mg)erck Iver that my doctor prescribed. I knew that the Merck Iver worked because within 48 hours all my patches were literally dried up.(no itching, no inflammation, no redness, no nothing) Well, I'm crossing my fingers because things have really calmed down. I think the combo treatment of the concoction and the Iver may be.....
anyways, to your hand and foot dilemma-just a thought
aren't hydrogen peroxide and citra-solv penetrates enabling increased absorption? maybe add one of those?
best,

Denver, CO

#39 Jan 1, 2012
Thanks for reading with an open heart.

I put 3 wash clothes in the foot tub with just enough straight bleach to get at the bottoms of the feet, the sensations after applying the topical are deep in the thick skin, hitting the target.

I read a lot today about albendazole and it's mechanism for killing the worms and flukes. I couldn't find anything that said the scabies mite has that to take advantage of. The studies we saw, Syrian and Lebanese, look like high school book reports instead of real scientific studies. I think it's total bs and threw my supply in the trash.

The results from the PBO mix are profound and it is exhibiting many post scabies symptoms with authority. I believe the straight bleach is the answer to the thick skin on my feet and hands. The issue of my penis has apparently resolved with the movement sensation now gone. This idea is reinforced by the evidence of finding about 50 dead mites on it during a few applications.

I'm going to keep treating with the horse paste and topical for a couple weeks, I want to make sure these things are all the way back to hell.

When I started this debacle I thought it would be easy. I posted a lot of stupid comments (FED UP), I'm sorry. I was naive and didn't realize what I was up against. In early November I was on the edge of a nervous breakdown and didn't want to touch my dog because of the contagion. I surrendered her to the SPCA,that was very sad for me.

I feel now that I have the tools to complete this mission and sense a positive outcome.

Good night and Happy New Year

A metaphor,

FRED

Denver, CO

#40 Jan 1, 2012
The synergist PBO can be obtained here and a few other places online.

http://advancesources.com/pbo_5.html

Mix 5 parts martins 10% permethrin and 1 part PBO

Use that as a topical and draw your own conclusions after a couple days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vacuuming the body? 16 hr JohnA 1
arm & hammer (Sep '09) 19 hr Hopethishelps 997
News Epidemiology, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Scabi... 20 hr Adana 1
Long term scabies patients should read this. (s... (Apr '13) 22 hr journey2noScabies 4
After months and months its NOT scabies!!!!! (Jun '09) Fri Cook monster 83
not sure whats going on HELP:( Fri Susannahe 2
My Scabies story and experience Thu Zeoh 3
the cure is so simple, I can't believe it...... (Jan '11) Jan 17 Mac 1,460
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Jan 15 clovepowder 4,716
More from around the web