how do i get rid of scabies once and ...
Anonymous

UK

#1242 Feb 9, 2011
Lol Mr Qubec-streaker. Why do you post lol. Yeh its funny.
Anonymous

UK

#1243 Feb 9, 2011
Lucy Lu wrote:
Hi Jeannie.. I am feeling better..I still have a long way to go but with the bleach baths they are helping cuz the critters are dying or just really frustrated with me because they can't bite for some reason.
And for the Record...Recently I have found allot of people who are just hard hearted or simply want to argue..Jeannie is one of the few on here to actually help you!!!! Please be nice to her!!
However, I am really hoping we are on the road to recovery...Allot Allot of laundry....I am only doing the baths every couple of days with the baby, Older daughter (the child who will never hear the end of this) has to do it every night because she was ate up with sores...(hands were nothing but nasty).I have a pic on my phone that has scars all over her wrist from this...I hate it...Not sure if they will go away. She does them everyday.
I realize that we hare having a hard time because looking back I can see that she had them for so long without the proper medication and help,, They are everywhere and we keep getting re-infested...Wow...It's allot of work removing and cleaning the last 6 years!!
We'll just keep on doing this until I fell comfortable.....
cleaning is good 4 you. Lol lol. I love that black eyed peas song-dirty bitch. Awesome. Lol. Lol. Lol. I hate lol!. Lol
louise

Sheffield, UK

#1244 Feb 9, 2011
I got it off wearing my boyfriends jumper..and i stil have it! Im going to thailand next week i just need to go quick or my neice and nephew over there might get it...please any help?
umathr

Baltimore, MD

#1245 Feb 9, 2011
I have been reading alot of posts about usinng bleach, I hope bleach really works because it is not good to expose yourself to bleach. I personally am glad that I dont use bleach because I really dont like bleach, and I do not use bleach in any form for anything. Today I am scheduled to receive a shipment of sulfur 5 pounds of sulfur from that I will be making sulfur ointment. 5 pounds of sulfur will make 50 pounds of ointment sulfur 10%. The 5 pounds of sulfur only cost 21 dollars and that includes shipping. So I am looking forward to receiving the sulfur. Sulfur does smell a little, but not that bad really. I have used just about everything to cure scabies, I have had scabies for about three years, on and off mostly on. Sulfur is the only thing that I have found that works. I stopped sleeping in my bed a month ago, I sleep on the floor on a camping mat with a pillow and a sleeping bag over me, that is better than washing the sheets every day. Sulfur is not just effective it is very effective, it is also safe and it is cheap, but it works its safe, yes thats what I said its safe. Please look into sulfur.You can order sulfur ointment pre mixed and ready to use at sulfur ointment.com . Or make your own much cheaper.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1246 Feb 9, 2011
Not trying to argue Jeannie just tired of the arguing. Guess I fell into the same pattern sorry love. That is usually not my style. I just want help and to help others.
steph is ignorant

Rosehill, Australia

#1247 Feb 9, 2011
steph wrote:
hi, i need people's help... me and my boyfriend have been itching for the last 3-4months... he went to the docs and they brushed it off as bed mites or something so we spent a fortune on stuff for that and nothing happened... we both went and they said we had scabies... they gave us Derbac M. you cover your body in it for 24hours then wash it off and the same again a week later. we did this and we're still scratching... i am not allowed to work until im totally cured and i cant afford to take any more time off work... plus, im covered in scabs and blood is always on the bed covers from itching at night. please somebody help me, coz it is actually driving me mad. and you read about these people who have had it for years and i couldnt cope with it. please help. thank you!!
How ignorant are you? Don't you know that even once the scabies die you will keep itching for days/weeks?

And no you don't need to wash all your clothes, because scabies cannot survive on clothing for more than 2 to 3 days. They can only survive on a "host", human body.

So just wash your bed sheets and the clothing you are wearing, then put on the ointment, and then wear new clothing.
mattynape

Davenport, IA

#1248 Feb 9, 2011
I just want to say that if you do the bleach bath, DO NOT scrub your skin with anything harsh to exfoliate it. I read a post on here that said to do just and I woke up with one of the lesions being very very dark red, almost like a blood blister. I didn't even scrub that much, just the three largest and longest-lasting lesions, hoping to expose them a bit for bleach and peroxide to get in. I did not overuse bleach in the bath. I dabbed them with peroxide afterward. They got white and fizzy as most things would under peroxide. The other two lesions haven't itched since, and are healing very well. I've taken two more bleach baths. Do not, however, scrub your skin with anything harsh or abrasive!

So now I'm curious if there is something wrong with this particular lesion. It hasn't itched at all since then, but it has gotten very very dark. I don't know if it's dead eggs eggs, blood, or an infection under the skin. It got very white and fizzy underneath the skin when I applied the peroxide, but couldn't wash that out because it's under the top layer of skin. It doesn't really hurt or anything, just tender like a bruise. I took a bath with epsom salt tonight, and the thing burned a bit, but one of the other lesions did as well.

One of the areas on my armpit has healed nicely, I think this in on account of the steroid ointment prescribed by my doctor. The thinning of the skin caused by the ointment might have something to do with my reaction to the scrubbing. I hope the dark spot goes away soon or changes otherwise I'm going to the doctor.

Last night I treated my mattress with bleach spray and borax. Before bed I coated my lesions with vaseline. This was the first night in weeks that I slept like a baby and didn't itch at all without having to take benadryl. Because of that I think the bleach and borax usage have helped tremendously. I've been applying tea tree oil as well, it doesn't appear to be doing much for me.

I'm putting Neosporin on my dark/weird lesion, hoping that helps or prevents infection and scaring since I don't know why the hell it looks like that. It says some kind of sulphate on the ingredients anyway, so I hope that does double duty for now. My sulfur, sulfur soap, neem oil, and permethrin spray should be coming in the mail in the next few days. Since I'm already seeing improvement, I hope those things help even more. I found a product called Prosacea at the pharmacy, the active ingredient is 10x sulphur. I wish I'd known about that a week ago when the pharmacist at the same place told me they didn't carry sulphur or sulphur creams. It was $11 dollars though, so I suppose my mixture will end up being more affordable once I receive it.

Since: Mar 08

Stuart, FL

#1249 Feb 10, 2011
umathr wrote:
I am trying out my new key board. Seems to be working fine. I agree with the 10% sulfur solution, I have been using it and it is working great. I just ordered 5 pounds of sulfur, not sublimed sulfur, with shipping total cost 21 dollars, sulfur is very cheap, regular sulfur is, sublimed sulfur is more expensive. I just also ordered 2 pounds of sublimed sulfur cost 25 dollars with shipping. I am looking forward to making my own ointment and possibly soap.
Many of us have used sulfer- You can find sulfur creme at most dollar type stores often called Pomado de Azufre Cream is cheap. You can also buy sulfer soap used on very young infants or pregnant women. Should use only couple days on and couple days off. Can easily burn yourself especially if using 10%. 3% is a lot safer. Will stain bedding, clothes & laundry. Hope this is helpful.Found this tip in www.scabiehelp.com
oz story

Mount Gravatt, Australia

#1250 Feb 10, 2011
My story

About 4-5 months ago I developed what I assumed was some sort of irritation on my scalp. They were like little sores or blisters and my scalp was quite itchy. I had recently begun using a hair product and assumed that I was having an allergic reaction to it, so stopped using the hair product but the itching continued. I then stopped using all hair products and it stopped but the itching went down to the base of my neck at the hairline, around my ears and on my back. I still thought I was having some sort of allergic reaction. What puzzled me though was why these sores/blisters weren't healing. There are a lot of mosquitoes where I live and I thought they might be the cause of the bites on my back, having come to the conclusions they were not an allergic reaction - but they never healed, became worse at night and I would sit there at night scratching my back and picking off the scabs but they never ever healed. I went to the chemist for steroid cream which gave relief but the sores/blisters always came back.

Eventually, four months later I went to the Dr's and she diagnosed scabies and prescribed Lyclear (Permethrin 5%) I followed directions and did not treat my hair or scalp (stupid stupid stupid) you see by that time I had forgotten that this is where is all started. Now having given this matter a great deal of thought I realised I should have done my whole body - Yes, head and scalp, ears - all over.

Because the itching continues after treatment it is hard to know if it worked or not. Yes I did all the cleaning advised, clothes, beds, carpets, etc. But I still seemed to have new blisters so I did the treatment again and this time bought tea tree oil (still did not do my head or scalp) penny hadn't dropped by then.

I get the pin prick feelings and the crawling feelings which make me feel it hasn't worked. So I have been slathering on the tea tree oil - this is having an amazing affect on my blisters. They are healing nicely - I'm using this in conjunction with pure VIT E oil for the scars. VIT E is one of the best and only things that will help with the scarring.

A tip - cut your nails right down and don't scratch other areas - this is how it spreads. Treat under nails very well. Also exfoliate in the shower on those blisters, don't rub your skin raw but exfoliation helps.I did not have the track lines or the black specks and I've never seen any of the f'kn critters (god hate them)

I'm treating my head today with tea tree oil and then also the rest of my body. I will keep using the tto until the blisters have completely cleared up along with the vit e oil for the scars.

I read extensively here and I do feel some people are over treating - although I don't blame you, anyone just wants this shit off them asap.

The more you read this site the more paranoid you get. Do your treatments, let it have time to work and if in 30 days it hasn't go back to your Dr.

Good luck to all.
oz story

Mount Gravatt, Australia

#1251 Feb 10, 2011
Sorry meant to add, take off all jewelery and keep it off until you are clear - they love to hide in watch bands etc.
Q-tip

Hollywood, FL

#1252 Feb 10, 2011
oz story wrote:
My story
About 4-5 months ago I developed what I assumed was some sort of irritation on my scalp. They were like little sores or blisters and my scalp was quite itchy. I had recently begun using a hair product and assumed that I was having an allergic reaction to it, so stopped using the hair product but the itching continued. I then stopped using all hair products and it stopped but the itching went down to the base of my neck at the hairline, around my ears and on my back. I still thought I was having some sort of allergic reaction. What puzzled me though was why these sores/blisters weren't healing. There are a lot of mosquitoes where I live and I thought they might be the cause of the bites on my back, having come to the conclusions they were not an allergic reaction - but they never healed, became worse at night and I would sit there at night scratching my back and picking off the scabs but they never ever healed. I went to the chemist for steroid cream which gave relief but the sores/blisters always came back.
Eventually, four months later I went to the Dr's and she diagnosed scabies and prescribed Lyclear (Permethrin 5%) I followed directions and did not treat my hair or scalp (stupid stupid stupid) you see by that time I had forgotten that this is where is all started. Now having given this matter a great deal of thought I realised I should have done my whole body - Yes, head and scalp, ears - all over.
Because the itching continues after treatment it is hard to know if it worked or not. Yes I did all the cleaning advised, clothes, beds, carpets, etc. But I still seemed to have new blisters so I did the treatment again and this time bought tea tree oil (still did not do my head or scalp) penny hadn't dropped by then.
I get the pin prick feelings and the crawling feelings which make me feel it hasn't worked. So I have been slathering on the tea tree oil - this is having an amazing affect on my blisters. They are healing nicely - I'm using this in conjunction with pure VIT E oil for the scars. VIT E is one of the best and only things that will help with the scarring.
A tip - cut your nails right down and don't scratch other areas - this is how it spreads. Treat under nails very well. Also exfoliate in the shower on those blisters, don't rub your skin raw but exfoliation helps.I did not have the track lines or the black specks and I've never seen any of the f'kn critters (god hate them)
I'm treating my head today with tea tree oil and then also the rest of my body. I will keep using the tto until the blisters have completely cleared up along with the vit e oil for the scars.
I read extensively here and I do feel some people are over treating - although I don't blame you, anyone just wants this shit off them asap.
The more you read this site the more paranoid you get. Do your treatments, let it have time to work and if in 30 days it hasn't go back to your Dr.
Good luck to all.
And the more stories of your I read, troll, the more they all sound the same. Ho hum. so very boring.
stupid, stupid, stupid
Q-tip

Hollywood, FL

#1253 Feb 10, 2011
oz story wrote:
Sorry meant to add, take off all jewelery and keep it off until you are clear - they love to hide in watch bands etc.
Or you can sell your jewelry on E-bay.
oz story

Mount Gravatt, Australia

#1254 Feb 10, 2011
Troll? Are you for real?

This is my story and I wanted to share it along with the thousands of other posters that comment here. This is also the first time I have posted at topics - you have issues qtip and need to put your manners back in.

To everyone else good luck with your battle on scabies.
Q-tip

Hollywood, FL

#1255 Feb 10, 2011
oz story wrote:
Troll? Are you for real?
This is my story and I wanted to share it along with the thousands of other posters that comment here. This is also the first time I have posted at topics - you have issues qtip and need to put your manners back in.
To everyone else good luck with your battle on scabies.
Thanks, and have a good day.
oz story

Mount Gravatt, Australia

#1256 Feb 10, 2011
I've reported qtip for their abusive spamming of the forum and the commenters here. Absolutely disgusting behaviour on a help site.
Q-tip

Hollywood, FL

#1257 Feb 10, 2011
oz story wrote:
I've reported qtip for their abusive spamming of the forum and the commenters here. Absolutely disgusting behaviour on a help site.
I'm crying now. Huge tears are diluting my sulphur application now. I guess I'll go take a bleach bath now.
oz story

Mount Gravatt, Australia

#1258 Feb 10, 2011
If anyone wants any further information leave me a msg here and I'll return to answer.

Thanks all :)
Q-tip

Hollywood, FL

#1259 Feb 10, 2011
oz story wrote:
If anyone wants any further information leave me a msg here and I'll return to answer.
Thanks all :)
I left you a message on the troll thread. If you have any message for me, have me paged please.
oz story

Mount Gravatt, Australia

#1260 Feb 10, 2011
Keep ignoring the troll folks, I have reported them again.
oz story

Mount Gravatt, Australia

#1261 Feb 10, 2011
Re posting due to all the trolling by q-tip
My story
Good luck to all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My wonderful life with mites 3 hr Melissa 1
where does YOUR scabies come from? (Feb '09) 4 hr Susie 92
I don't think it's scabies 4 hr Susie 10
going crazy with scabies (Jan '07) 6 hr Tom 87
Only one in house with scabies? (Mar '12) 13 hr Becky Underwood 70
Borax vs DIATOMACEOUS EARTH (Dec '10) Fri mommacr 23
How long do EXTERNAL eggs and mites take to die... (Nov '09) Fri shar57 104
More from around the web