how do i get rid of scabies once and ...
Paul McFadden

Henderson, NV

#1133 Sep 23, 2010
I never had a single problem with my skin. 6 months ago, I had a hair bump that started to blister. I noticed that it wouldn't heal. It seemed to be growing and then it scabbed over. I would scrub away the dead skin, but it just wouldn't heal. Then one night I went to bed and the next day I was covered with bumps from head to toe. Norweigen Scabies. The itching didn't start right away, but about three days later I was in pain and at a loss as to what it was. I was on the internet day and night and I know too much about doctors to rely on them. Here's how I got rid of them (and I have been rid of them for about 2 days as of this writing):
First, I purchased a 32 oz Coke (its acidic and it sticks to the scabies and eats them from the outside in) and used it with a sponge and coated my whole body. It was a little sticky where my elbows and knees met, but it sure beat itching. I slept on terry towles the first night. The next moorning, I headed over to the sauna and sweated out the coke from my pores.
Then I showered with neem soap and borax with an exfoliatng towel. I allowed the borax/soap mixture to stay on my body for approximately 20 minutes before rinsing off. I dried with a towel. Then I used a sprayer bottle with Aloe vera and orange oil and coated my dry body. I removed the excess with another towel. I finished with Avon Skin So Soft to keep the bees from attackinng me when I left the gym. Very tingly. I steamed my sheets and mattress and then decided to remove all of the bed linen and decided to use a single fitted sheet as a sort of "cocoon" to sleep in.
Worked preetty good - I had control - very little itching, but the 4th time using the coke (I never got through the whole 32 ounces) my skin was getting raw. After more reading of the blogs, I went to the health food store and purchased 60 ounces of Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth and mixed some of it with coconut oil to make a paste. I spread it over my whole body before I went to bed. No itching. I sprinkled some DE into my fitted sheet (I have a plastic mattress liner) and spread it around real good. I steamed the area on top of the mattress, and I steamed my pillow and dusted my pillow ith DE. I slept like a baby, no itching.
The next day, I decided to throw out the coke and get a shower using Sulpher 8 Shampoo as my body soap. I used Sulpher 8 scalp conditioner as my moisturizer following drying myself with a towel. Never itched the rest of the day. Repeated the DE treatment of my fitted sheet (I steamed it and hook it out in the yard but I didn't bother washing it.)and slept like a baby. I've done this with the cocont oil DE paste for the last 4 days total, but my scars are going away and the scab over has stopped. I'm going to keep doing it for the next 20 days along with vaccuming and steaming. That should do it!
Extremely frustrated

Oxford, MI

#1134 Sep 24, 2010
unhappy momma wrote:
my dr said my family has really dry skin but I do not believe this there are for kids in my sons daycare there mothers called and complaing of itching rashes on there whole family how do I get the dr to believe me ?
You might need to tell the doctor that other kids in daycare were diagnosed with scabies... just to get what you want from him, if you are sure thats what it is. I dont think it can hurt.
Retired RN

United States

#1135 Sep 24, 2010
This must be a site operated by permethrin manufacturers .. if want to get rid of scabies at a slow rate use perm5 and ivermectin and every other natural remedy you can pay for..If you want them gone fast. Use Lindane. Its costly without insurance.. You can get mailed to you from various Canadian Pharmacys without Rx...its about the 1/3 the cost here in USA... Lindane lotion 1%. Works fast...
superintenso

Osceola, WI

#1136 Sep 28, 2010
Like I said, remember, you will feel itchy, and crawling, and get rashes that fade away in the post scabies process. If you do all this and still cant get any better than I would think it is some other type of mites. HOpe this will help. Good luck

I didn't get any new rashes! Thanks so much for all the input, I was absolutely freaking out, the day that I realized I had this they suddenly got SO MUCH WORSE. I had also just started that antibiotic....
weird. But, I am scabies free! The scabby bites around my ankles have yet to fade....I had some big ones. I'm so glad I found this forum.
Well, I think my immune system has been decimated, I'm suffering a nasty cold that is going all around my town. I'm taking Apple cider Vinegar and more tips from earthclinic.com .
superintenso

Rice Lake, WI

#1137 Oct 1, 2010
I've been sleeping in the spare bed after getting scabies and due to a nasty cold. I took magnesium supplements yesterday for the first time, and I slept in the main bed so my husband could tell me if I had the bruxism/teeth grinding or not.
Before he got into bed, I was laying in the same spot that I originally felt so itchy with scabies and was suddenly started feeling the itchy, bitey, crawly feeling again. Husband and I thoroughly steamed the entire mattress set twice, and washed the bedding on it twice since husband did the permethrin treatment.
Unless I have an allergy to tombstone pizza, maple syrup, white bread or magnesium citrate, or, my husband is an unknowing and asymptomatic carrier this is definitely scabies.
Crap, just a day after I made the "all clear" post.
I took a bath in neem oil this morning, just in case. Would this just be the post scabies condition? It's been a couple of weeks already.
Aaron

Hollywood, FL

#1138 Oct 1, 2010
superintenso wrote:
I've been sleeping in the spare bed after getting scabies and due to a nasty cold. I took magnesium supplements yesterday for the first time, and I slept in the main bed so my husband could tell me if I had the bruxism/teeth grinding or not.
Before he got into bed, I was laying in the same spot that I originally felt so itchy with scabies and was suddenly started feeling the itchy, bitey, crawly feeling again. Husband and I thoroughly steamed the entire mattress set twice, and washed the bedding on it twice since husband did the permethrin treatment.
Unless I have an allergy to tombstone pizza, maple syrup, white bread or magnesium citrate, or, my husband is an unknowing and asymptomatic carrier this is definitely scabies.
Crap, just a day after I made the "all clear" post.
I took a bath in neem oil this morning, just in case. Would this just be the post scabies condition? It's been a couple of weeks already.
Can you sleep on an air mattress until your mattress is all clear of these things? they are really cheap at walmart camping section.
superintenso

Boyd, WI

#1139 Oct 1, 2010
Hi Aaron,
Thanks for the suggestion. I bought a couple of tarps previously during the main infection, and they fit perfectly over a queen mattress. I steamed that mattress again, and covered it with a tarp with twine between it and the box spring to hold it in place at the grommets. I did this to the spare bed too, but I used alcohol and water in a spray bottle first. It's an old mattress so it doesn't matter.
I took another bath with neem oil and used a little hydro perox, a few tbsp worth, as well.
What it this post scabies condition, anyways? I mean, it's different than the actual infection, right? How so? I don't get it.
Erring on the side of caution, like wearing a seat belt.
superintenso

Boyd, WI

#1140 Oct 1, 2010
I just answered my own question.

http://www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies/T87...

http://www.safe2use.com/scabiesboard/2005_06/...

I have had so many variables going on, I just don't know for sure that it was the mattress but I'm treating that as the cause just the same. I mean, I started monthly menstruation just yesterday, am on the tail-end of a terrible chest cold, and am trying new natural remedies for my bruxism and mild hidrinitis supertiva. I can't wait for the oregano oil that I got for just $8.40 for an oz that included shipping to show up in the mail. I need to heal my immune system. I almost offered my neem oil to someone else on this forum who may need it, but then I read up on it an realized that I can even use it on my dog if I need to, probably my birds too. The stuff is awesome, they use it on african violets, I'm holding onto it. Oh, and I have sensitive skin and have suffered from eczema on my knuckles and toes from time to time as well. All natural and healthy is the only way to go for me. I want to avoid the doctor unless I'm in shock or cut open or something from here on out. My community is not known for its competent MDs.
Will

Springboro, OH

#1141 Oct 23, 2010
hi my wife got those little bas***ds while in county jail . we couldnt afford the $57.00 bottle of topical cream , but we got it and she has treated herself and still itches like crazy . the discharge papers from the hospital said she would continue itching for 4 weeks after treatment ill get her to do the bleach bath and see what happens thanks for all the sugestions . i will repost in 1 week to let you know prognoses
Die bugs die

United States

#1142 Oct 26, 2010
Eat. Raw garlic!! It kills parasites within then rub garlic on your bites,
The little pest hates this stuff, good luck to all.
Finally

Waterloo, Canada

#1143 Oct 26, 2010
After a year of going nuts, isolating myself and kids from family and friends, and living like a psychopath I have finally been scabie free for 6 mos. Please keep in mind God made a cure for every ailment. Bathing in tumeric and borax daily, washing hair with H & S shampoo and tumeric, DEing the entire house and car and its contents, washing clothes in ammonia and borax for color and bleach and borax for whites, staying away from past places we've been while we were unknowingly infected and praying is what did it. I'll go into detail after I see if this will post b/c I'm using my blackberry
Hopeless

Västerlanda, Sweden

#1144 Nov 3, 2010
Hey,my bf braught a alsation pup from wrk.It was very sick and he wanted to doctor it.It stayed here for three days but only got worse.On the fourth day he took her to the vet,where they said shes not gona make it.And she has scabies,and that were infected with sum kind of a virus.He anyways braught the dog back home,and she died the next morning..nw i hav four other dogs,three poodles and one toypom.It wasnt long after the dog died that i noticed these bumps,almost like pimples.And it itches....alot!!!Now i know that everything
Hopeless

Västerlanda, Sweden

#1145 Nov 3, 2010
My question is...do my dogs have it?And can they re-infect me everytime,and my bedding and my clothes and everything else?
Aaron

Hollywood, FL

#1146 Nov 3, 2010
Hopeless wrote:
My question is...do my dogs have it?And can they re-infect me everytime,and my bedding and my clothes and everything else?
these mites are microscopic. Do your dogs have it? Who knows... But, the thing to do, when you suspect that other "family" members have this, is to treat.

ivermectin for all the dogs once a week for the next month should do it.

or revolution twice a month should help.

a good sulfodine shampoo on the dogs a few days after treatment should help them.

keep a close eye out on them for scratching, biting their paws, sneezing, scratching the inside of their ears, etc.

you need to treat ALOT now; otherwise, this can get out of hand. you have many pets, many hosts, in your home, including yourself.
Hopeless

Västerlanda, Sweden

#1147 Nov 3, 2010
I baught frontline spray for the dogs,just did it now.Apparently it works.Oh...will it work if i soak all the clothes we wear and bedding in boiling water,and then wash it in cold water,say...the next morning?
Hopeless

Västerlanda, Sweden

#1148 Nov 3, 2010
And i dont have a vacuum cleaner,because we dont have carpets.So is there any other way to clean the sofas with?A spray,or dettol,or bleach or sumthing?Im afraid to sit on it,id rather sit on the floor...
Delusional

Netherlands

#1149 Nov 3, 2010
Think about this:

Delusional does not mean that you are crazy, but it means that you attribute your condition to the wrong cause
Aaron

Hollywood, FL

#1150 Nov 3, 2010
Hopeless wrote:
I baught frontline spray for the dogs,just did it now.Apparently it works.Oh...will it work if i soak all the clothes we wear and bedding in boiling water,and then wash it in cold water,say...the next morning?
If you are going to soak your clothes overnight, ensure you weigh them down with something like clorox bottles filled with water, and ensure that there is no clothing sticking up above the water line, as the mites tend to travel above the water line and get back into the clothes (that is, if they can survive the hot water).
good job!!
Aaron

Hollywood, FL

#1151 Nov 3, 2010
Delusional wrote:
Think about this:
Delusional does not mean that you are crazy, but it means that you attribute your condition to the wrong cause
Netherlands....
Question for you....
Are the doctors really bioterrorists?
Was just wondering.

:-)
BIOCRIME

Netherlands

#1153 Nov 3, 2010
>Nothing is more standard than to define the identity of an offending agent by performing STANDARD microbiological research.

>Standard microbiological research would include susceptibility testing to get to know what type antibiotic is the correct choice to treat your condition....

Article:

Read: "It is possible to envisage other causes for both cases"

http://www.tmj.ro/article.php...

Are doctors bioterorrists?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I am cured using 100% undiluted tea tree oil. (Jan '08) 1 hr REB4 93
Scabies Clinical Trials Details United States 4 hr Laroc17 22
4 Day cure!!! (Apr '12) 7 hr Breathing and Det... 166
Burrow in gums? (Jan '12) 14 hr Emily cat 10
clove oil cures scabies (Oct '10) 15 hr jesse3 99
Moxidectin (Sep '12) 23 hr Horsegirl58 69
How to soothe post scabies itch? Tue Aas 5
More from around the web