how do i get rid of scabies once and ...
330itsnow551am

Suisun City, CA

#789 Nov 18, 2009
This is what I got from a few posts back. Try this! As for my story I recently started itching thinking nothing of it then noticed my gf itching! She had a red rash on her butt, and later told me she think she has SCABIES!! WTF is that, and then I stumbled on to this forum. I went to the Dr. and told him I have this stuff. He did NOT believe me and said it was the detergent or some other lame excuse! His DR degree should be shredded, and he should NEVER work again. I am getting a second opinion later on today at 1:20pm. I am treating everything as though I have scabies! Check out the below information which should help you. I have also noticed that the itching stops through out most of the day after putting on NEEM oil, but at 3am-7am I itch like crazy!! I wish I had money to clean my house the abandon it until I was cured! I will let you know what the Dr says this afternoon.
(BELOW IS FROM OTHER POSTS)
I was diagnosed by a professional nurse at a local health clinic with a moderate case of scabies in October, 2006. I had developed an outbreak of numerous itchy red bumps, some with small whiteheads, across my groin area and inner thighs. I was prescribed Elimite to treat the outbreak, and it seemed to work, however a few bumps remained and I treated again a week later. I was not able to get rid of all of the bumps, and they spread to my legs and abdomen. I bagged up all of my clothing, and laundered the rest, drying everything at a laundromat on high heat. A few weeks later, I reached into a bag to grab out a shirt, and the next day I had a huge outbreak on both arms. I went to a second nurse, who rediagnosed me with scabies event though she had never seen scabies before, basing her decisions upon my original diagnosis and treatment. I treated with Elimite again and it seemed to work ok. I was never able to get rid of all the bumps however with Elimite no matter how hard I cleaned. I bought the purple Extreem Clean off the DermatechRX website and the Mitactin salve and spray and that seemed to work better. I threw out a couch, and a rug, and a set of sheets, and began cleaning everything on a daily basis. I mopped my floor, did laundry, covered my mattress with a mattress cover, and wiped it down everyday. My girlfriend and best friend got it too. My friend went to see a third nurse who told him he had Folliculitis, which is basically a bacterial staph infection of the hair follicles on the skin. Well I laughed at first not believing that two previous medical professionals could have been wrong, but I researched it online and sure enough, the symptoms and bumps looked exactly like what we had. We immediately stopped using the mitactin, and permethrin on the skin, and stopped cleaning with the extreem clean. Instead we bought antibacterial soap and over the counter antibiotic cream. My girlfriend and I began scrubbing our entire bodies daily with the soap and an exfoliating sponge, and put cream on the red spots. It worked like a charm. Within a week everything had basically disappeared, except some spots that were obviously still healing.
I insisted he give me two doses of Ivermectin, which he did, in addition to giving me SPREGAL, a topical treatment. I combined that with a diluted bleach bath and AM FINALLY cured of this horrible crap. The moral of the story is this: there is a new resistant strain of scabies that is becoming hard to treat with Ivermectin. Doctors are slow to catch on. I don't want other suffers to go through what I did - 7 months of hell.
Look people, these online creams and oils WILL NOT WORK. Scabies requires medical attention. See a doctor and insist that he give you Ivermectin.
Best,
TT
Christine

Rakvere, Estonia

#790 Nov 21, 2009
My story started about this spring. When I noticed some itchy bumps on my hands, like small vesicles. Soon also my (now ex-) boyfriend got them and he went to dermatologist who said he has scabies. Okay, so we both treated with permethrine + extreme tidyness (we lived separately). He got rid of them and I thought I did too, we met again (after 1-2 months) and after 24h, we both got a rash again. He was actually very angry on me, because he thought I infected him, but I do not know which way it was. So soon after that I went to a dermatologist (after another treatment of permethrine) who said that I have permethrine allergy... So he told me to get some corticosteroid cream + antihistamines. It helped as long I used those. For few weeks my skin was okay, and then new rash occured, it was only few spots on my legs and I thought it is allergy (beause I am allergic already to quite many things), but it didn't get any better, just occasionaly it wasn't as itchy. In meantime, none of the other boyfriends I have had, didn't have any symptoms at all (I thought its allergy so I didn't think it is contagious), I also had people staying over at my place, also in MY bed and none of them has any symptoms either. I also live with my family, same with them, although there are no places where we are close together. Is that possible? There have been too many people around me and everyone is okay. Except my ex from spring and my symptoms from then are the same as now. Except that now it is more widely spread. Some nights I can't sleep at night, and even when writing this I have scratched myself god knows how many times. So last week I called the policlinic to get an appointment with dermatologist, and guess What - I have to wait until 17th of JANUARY. If I haven't scratched all my skin off by that time.:(( I had some leftovers of permethrine, going to try that again. Would try bleach bath too, but I only have a shower. I am willing to do alot of too extreme experiments with my skin, but I can't take this itchyness anymore.:(

Since: Oct 09

AOL

#791 Nov 21, 2009
I just got my A&H order 2 days ago, showered with it, I used 1/2 cup A&H with 4 cups of hot water, washed with my favorite soap Olivella then poured the mixture all over me starting at my neck down the with the rest I washed my hair. I feel no movement in my hair anymore and thank gosh I don't smell like that nasty sulfur anymore, even though it works really good I know they are still on me even though I have only had 3 bites in a month, except when I didn't use the sulfur soap one night (big mistake) cause they came back feirce. The A&H fragrance & dye free powder is amazing like everybody says and I still spray All over using (Lysol disinfectant spray) and that does kill them cause I use to feel then at my feet when I sit on the couch and I don't anymore. Good luck everyone, I'll be back with a update. And Thanks for All your info. your why I'm not crazed anymore!!

Since: Oct 09

AOL

#792 Nov 21, 2009
I cut & copied the above info. for you all, hope it fixes everything for you, I know I'm so happy to be rid of scabies, if you are not sure what you have, scabies will leave a long trail of eggs and poop on your skin and it looks like a one inch line like 2 or 3 or 4 little dots in that line, that's how I was convinced I had scabies, after doing ton's of reading online.
Healthy Guy

United States

#793 Nov 23, 2009
1. Take two medium size cloves of garlic and pulverize in a blender with some juice and a banana. Drink this twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening.

2. Call your local drug stores and find out which one carries sulfur sublimed powder. Carefully weigh out one part sulfur to ten parts Vaseline on a lab scale. More than 10% sulfur may irritate the skin so it's important that you get this ratio right. Slowly add the sulfur powder to the Vaseline being careful not to have any lumps of sulfur in your mixture. You can use a wooden chopstick to stir it inside a jar of Vaseline.

3. Spread the mixture all over your body twice a day, morning and night.

4. Scrub under your fingernails with an old toothbrush several times a day.

5. Vacuum your hairline several times a day.

6. Keep your body shaved and free of hair except for the hair on your head.

It is highly likely that Permethrin and Ivermectin may not work at all for you because the mite has most likely become resistant to these toxic medications.

Your sulfur mixture is the safest topical ointment you can use if applied properly.

The odor of the garlic in your body will help repel the mites, the Vaseline will help smother them, and the sulfur will burn them.

Benedryl tablets may help the itching and also help you sleep better so that your nights are less painful. However, don't get addicted to the Benedryl for sleeping though as it may eventually cause chest pains and many other problems if taken regularly.

Follow this advice and you should be over your cooties in a week.
PLEASEhelpus

Arlington, TX

#794 Nov 28, 2009
Casey wrote:
<quoted text>
This is my second day doing the bleach bath using Borax with hydrogen peroxide (3%) and adding a bit of epsom salt with tea tree oil. It made a huge difference compared to using just tea tree oil and epsom salt. Using Pinetarsol or Eurax as recommended by my doc didn't not work. As a result of this, i still itch a little but this is only if i am out in the sun or at night from 3 am and thru in the morning....
-Casey
Hi my name is Brandy my son(year and 4months) have had scabbies for Countless months now and at first i thought it was bug bites then posin ivy but after all the money on creams scrubs NOThing worked i relized that thast its time to go to a doctor i have no insurance im 20 and my son is waiting for his medicaid and i live with my parents . i Tried the cream the hospital prescribed for both of us but u put it on for 8-12 hours from neck to toes but it didnt help Im borke and cant afford allt hese creams and stuff . IM GOIN INSANE from the lack of sleep from itching and its AT NIGHT then my poor lil boy is suffering from it too and everyone turns there back on u when u say scabbbies ..PLease CAN someone help me and my son PLEASE
PLEASEhelpus

Arlington, TX

#796 Nov 28, 2009
steph wrote:
hi, i need people's help... me and my boyfriend have been itching for the last 3-4months... he went to the docs and they brushed it off as bed mites or something so we spent a fortune on stuff for that and nothing happened... we both went and they said we had scabies... they gave us Derbac M. you cover your body in it for 24hours then wash it off and the same again a week later. we did this and we're still scratching... i am not allowed to work until im totally cured and i cant afford to take any more time off work... plus, im covered in scabs and blood is always on the bed covers from itching at night. please somebody help me, coz it is actually driving me mad. and you read about these people who have had it for years and i couldnt cope with it. please help. thank you!!
Hi my name is Brandy my son(year and 4months) have had scabbies for Countless months now and at first i thought it was bug bites then posin ivy but after all the money on creams scrubs NOThing worked i relized that thast its time to go to a doctor i have no insurance im 20 and my son is waiting for his medicaid and i live with my parents . i Tried the cream the hospital prescribed for both of us but u put it on for 8-12 hours from neck to toes but it didnt help Im borke and cant afford allt hese creams and stuff . IM GOIN INSANE from the lack of sleep from itching and its AT NIGHT then my poor lil boy is suffering from it too and everyone turns there back on u when u say scabbbies ..PLease CAN someone help me and my son PLEASE

Since: Nov 09

Milford, PA

#798 Nov 29, 2009
PLEASEhelpus wrote:
<quoted text>
First you must bathe in a hot bath of Arm & Hammer powder detergent,(it don't matter whivh version) 1/2 to a full cup in the bath, depending on your size, Or, shower with sulfur soap, or Head & Shoulders selenium (blue bottle) shampoo, let these linger on your body all over for as long as you can, then rinse, & dry off.(I don't know if any of this would bother the skin of your son?) but this stuff does work for getting rid of the itchies, & bites at night, But you must have clean clothes, & bedding, ready first, I wash my clothes, & bedding, with the same A&H detergent, plus some generic lemon ammonia, on the hottest washer, & dryer settings, & use only Bounce sheets in the dryer, this seems to kill them, you should have a quiet peaceful night after doing this. Change your clothes, & launder them, every day, & Store your clothes in plastic bags. Good Luck, Mike
sam

Roseville, CA

#799 Nov 29, 2009
PLEASEhelpus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Brandy,

If you used the cream, washed sheets, clothes on hot and dried on hot, and it didn't help then it's probably not scabies. It could be fungal or bacterial. If it's fungal the Head and Shoulders in the dark blue bottle with selenium sulfide will help or cure it. Desitin for diaper rash has zinc and is antifungal too. If that doesn't work either, then you need to go back to the doctor to find out what it is.

Borrow money from your parents, take your son in, tell the doctor you used the cream and it didn't help. Ask what it is instead of insisting it's scabies. If you have itching and a rash Planned Parenthood or some other low income clinic might work too.
Guitarists tour nightmare

Horseshoe Bend, ID

#800 Nov 29, 2009
Hey everyone. Ive just finally discovered after 6 months of itching and rashes, 3 different doctors, and plenty of mis-diagnosis(and wasting $) that ive had scabies. Worse thing is that Ive been on tour with my band this whole time and not really sure how to approach the scenario..have done 4 permethrin treatments and continually use neem and tea tree oil n shampoo but still have a few red spots that havent cleared up after all this!BUT def. ALOT better than i was. and i can finally sleep! Ive started just trying EVERYTHING i read in hope that something will really work. Any success stories with the neem oil?? My bandmates arent to stoked on using "permethrin" after reading so many warnings. After some embarrassing phone calls to some previous partners, im hoping im on the right road...just need to hear some success stories for some hope!!!Been planning on goin out of the country in a few weeks but feelin kinda scared if this shit doesnt completely go away!??? This is by far THE WORST thing ive ever experienced...HEEELP!!
still fighting them

York, PA

#801 Nov 29, 2009
Hey there topix family. I have been battling these critters for 6 months now since I found out what the rash was. I had the rash for a month before going to the doctor- and she admitted that the only reason she knew what it was was b/c a pt. had it some days b4 I came in. That patient had to go se a dermatolaogist and she told my doctor what it was; so I was blessed and didnt get the wrong diagnosis as alot of people have reported. I have literally gone crazy to the point where my kids were loking at me like I was psycho (the cleaning, not letting them sit on furniture, not letting them play w/ toys, taking 5 baths/ day, washing clothes daily and 3 times before putting in dryer, just plain o not living normal like pre scabies era)
1.Let me first start off by saying that the presentation can vary from person to person and still be scabies.
a. on darker skin the bumps are not red, they are the color of your skin, but raised
b. you wont necessarily see the burrows that are in a line- but that is a tell tale sign that its scabies; you can have sporadic bites with no distinct pattern
2. Next and very important- the research on scabies is outdated or perhaps just does not tell the true story about scabies b/c health officials dont want to alarm poeple about this epidemic
a. Scabies live for more than 48 hrs, 72 hrs, 5 days, even 1 wk. off a human host. In the right conditions they can live at least 1 month off human host (this is to be on the safe side)
b. scabies will go any where on the body, including the hair/scalp and face. This is on adults too, not just kids
3. Prolonged contact is how is contracted- FALSE. You only need to touch something for a good minute before 1 or some will get on you. If you rub up against something (coat, shirt anything) they will get on you.
What my family and I used to kill them and how:
1.Take bath in borax and tumeric (its a natural insecticide, u can buy at grocery store, found in the spices isle about $2.49 bottle); soak in the tub for about 30 min. We usually do a prewash (put borax and tumeric directly on washcloth and wash up, then rinse off and run new borax and tumeric water, then soak). we wash our hair with shampoo and tumeric. You can use any kind of shampoo, but I like the shampoos that also treat dandruff. Let that syt in hair for at least 20 minutes.**Sidebar- looking back at this nightmare before I was diagnosed, I could actually feel the critters crawling in my hair- I thought it was a fungus or something. The doc rx'd Nizoral and the crawling stoppeed for a while***end sidebar. Anywho, the tumeric kills them. We put shampoo in our hand then pour the tumeric in hand on top of shampoo and scrub away.
2. we used to air dry b/c I was so paranoid, but now I'm a little less and have graduated to using a dry washcloth that I took right out of microwave to dry off- this ensures a good nite sleep and less chance of leaving a scabie on our person
3. the borax and tumeric really dry out the skin so we use olive oil, vaseline or shea butter
still fighting them

York, PA

#802 Nov 29, 2009
4. clothes- we do laundry in borax and arm n hammer detergent. we bleach sheets, towels and underclothes. everything used to get dried twice- I think I might go back to that. All clothes from dryer used to get bagged and closed up for months. Now we just make sure the baskets are bleach cleaned, we put the clothes in and we sit basket up on a dresser that's been bleached cleaned.**do not sit basket on floor for any period of time or any other surface that has not been bleach cleaned**** If you iron clothes thee nite b4 then find somewhere like inside of microwave or a bleach cleaned bin or tub. do not leave on the ironing board- those critters can get on the ironing board which leads to next item

5. found out the hard way and by deducing after being reinfected that they were on ironing board. The iron cord touches floor, the ironing board itself has legs tht are on floor- they crawl up. Any where a human is or has been they will crael to that area and wait. They sense the CD we exhale and come running. they r smart. Now we put iron and ironing board cover in freezer and put it on right b4 ironing, and we iron fast. we clean the legs of ironing board w/ bleach often. we wash coats and hats daily and put them on straight from the dryer.

6. the car- i thought I soolved this problem which is the main source of reinfestation- the Raid Fumigator worked for about 2-3 days depending on when eggs hatched b/c it doesnt kill the eggs. so then I found the Raid flea and egg killer from Walmart in purple can and sprayed everything after fumigating and we were good. But then nature took over and we encountered scabies that were resistant to both (it didnt work anymore). It was like they came back stronger- the fumigator and spray didnt affect them. So I did some praying and thinking. Thinking of the natural ways that they die anyway which are:( suffocation, extreme cold and extreme heat). so for the car we leave the car doors open in the garage. It has to be below 50 says the research but freezing temps is what definitely works. Since we haven't had freezing temps yet I decided to bleach/ water and tumeric the car. I DONT CARE abaout the bleach stains or peeling leather and my car is an '07- thats how serious it is. I took the kids car seats out and put them on the deck- hope it gets cold enough at nite to kill them. I think I'm gonna wash the car seat covers just to be on safe side. So I made a solution in a bottle and sprayed entire car even floors. I'll get back to you on if that worked.

7. the house- anything that can be bleached gets it(tables, sofas- dont care anymore about ruining color, appliances, counteers, electronics, side tables, end tables, floors). anything that can go in freezer gets froze (the 2 toys oof the kids that I didnt bag up LOL, keys, cell phone, papers, mail, iron and ironing board cover, pampers, wipes, coats that cant be washed). Anything that I can move outside to the deck goes (bagged up shoes, DVD's fabric dining chairs, bookbaags, stools, etc. No remedy for carpet- in the past we had it steam cleaned three times- got reinfested(maybe the kids). What I'm doing now is making the family room less desirable by removing toys, T.V., DVD's etc.; I'm going too buy a baby gate and put it up for 30 days. Prayerfully that will kill them in that room. Then, unfortunately, I have to find something to keep my 2 yr old occupied and in one spot only- The top bunk watching Yo Gabba Gabba-I'll bring his food up to him while I'm cleaning.

The bed- we change sheets everyday and bleach vinyl covering on matress.* you have to cover box spring, pillows and matress

What doesnt work/ or whats harmful

tea tree oil
all rx'd creams- insecticides

What does work

Borax-$3.78 at Walmart
Tumeric-$2.99 any grocery store or walmart
Bleach
Peroxide
Neem w/ tumeric
Bagging things for 30 daays
Freezing things
Microwaving things
still fighting them

York, PA

#803 Nov 29, 2009
Hey there topix family. I have been battling these critters for 6 months now since I found out what the rash was. I had the rash for a month before going to the doctor- and she admitted that the only reason she knew what it was was b/c a pt. had it some days b4 I came in. That patient had to go se a dermatolaogist and she told my doctor what it was; so I was blessed and didnt get the wrong diagnosis as alot of people have reported. I have literally gone crazy to the point where my kids were loking at me like I was psycho (the cleaning, not letting them sit on furniture, not letting them play w/ toys, taking 5 baths/ day, washing clothes daily and 3 times before putting in dryer, just plain o not living normal like pre scabies era)
1.Let me first start off by saying that the presentation can vary from person to person and still be scabies.
a. on darker skin the bumps are not red, they are the color of your skin, but raised

b. you wont necessarily see the burrows that are in a line- but that is a tell tale sign that its scabies; you can have sporadic bites with no distinct pattern

2. Next and very important- the research on scabies is outdated or perhaps just does not tell the true story about scabies b/c health officials dont want to alarm poeple about this epidemic
a. Scabies live for more than 48 hrs, 72 hrs, 5 days, even 1 wk. off a human host. In the right conditions they can live at least 1 month off human host (this is to be on the safe side)
b. scabies will go any where on the body, including the hair/scalp and face. This is on adults too, not just kids
3. Prolonged contact is how is contracted- FALSE. You only need to touch something for a good minute before 1 or some will get on you. If you rub up against something (coat, shirt anything) they will get on you.
still fighting them

York, PA

#804 Nov 29, 2009
What my family and I used to kill them and how:
1.Take bath in borax and tumeric (its a natural insecticide, u can buy at grocery store, found in the spices isle about $2.49 bottle); soak in the tub for about 30 min. We usually do a prewash (put borax and tumeric directly on washcloth and wash up, then rinse off and run new borax and tumeric water, then soak). we wash our hair with shampoo and tumeric. You can use any kind of shampoo, but I like the shampoos that also treat dandruff. Let that syt in hair for at least 20 minutes.**Sidebar- looking back at this nightmare before I was diagnosed, I could actually feel the critters crawling in my hair- I thought it was a fungus or something. The doc rx'd Nizoral and the crawling stoppeed for a while***end sidebar. Anywho, the tumeric kills them. We put shampoo in our hand then pour the tumeric in hand on top of shampoo and scrub away.
2. we used to air dry b/c I was so paranoid, but now I'm a little less and have graduated to using a dry washcloth that I took right out of microwave to dry off- this ensures a good nite sleep and less chance of leaving a scabie on our person
3. the borax and tumeric really dry out the skin so we use olive oil, vaseline or shea butter
4. clothes- we do laundry in borax and arm n hammer detergent. we bleach sheets, towels and underclothes. everything used to get dried twice- I think I might go back to that. All clothes from dryer used to get bagged and closed up for months. Now we just make sure the baskets are bleach cleaned, we put the clothes in and we sit basket up on a dresser that's been bleached cleaned.**do not sit basket on floor for any period of time or any other surface that has not been bleach cleaned**** If you iron clothes thee nite b4 then find somewhere like inside of microwave or a bleach cleaned bin or tub. do not leave on the ironing board- those critters can get on the ironing board which leads to next item
5. found out the hard way and by deducing after being reinfected that they were on ironing board. The iron cord touches floor, the ironing board itself has legs tht are on floor- they crawl up. Any where a human is or has been they will crael to that area and wait. They sense the CD we exhale and come running. they r smart. Now we put iron and ironing board cover in freezer and put it on right b4 ironing, and we iron fast. we clean the legs of ironing board w/ bleach often. we wash coats and hats daily and put them on straight from the dryer.
6. the car- i thought I soolved this problem which is the main source of reinfestation- the Raid Fumigator worked for about 2-3 days depending on when eggs hatched b/c it doesnt kill the eggs. so then I found the Raid flea and egg killer from Walmart in purple can and sprayed everything after fumigating and we were good. But then nature took over and we encountered scabies that were resistant to both (it didnt work anymore). It was like they came back stronger- the fumigator and spray didnt affect them. So I did some praying and thinking. Thinking of the natural ways that they die anyway which are:( suffocation, extreme cold and extreme heat). so for the car we leave the car doors open in the garage. It has to be below 50 says the research but freezing temps is what definitely works. Since we haven't had freezing temps yet I decided to bleach/ water and tumeric the car. I DONT CARE abaout the bleach stains or peeling leather and my car is an '07- thats how serious it is. I took the kids car seats out and put them on the deck- hope it gets cold enough at nite to kill them. I think I'm gonna wash the car seat covers just to be on safe side. So I made a solution in a bottle and sprayed entire car even floors. I'll get back to you on if that worked.
still fighting them

York, PA

#805 Nov 29, 2009
7. the house- anything that can be bleached gets it(tables, sofas- dont care anymore about ruining color, appliances, counteers, electronics, side tables, end tables, floors). anything that can go in freezer gets froze (the 2 toys oof the kids that I didnt bag up LOL, keys, cell phone, papers, mail, iron and ironing board cover, pampers, wipes, coats that cant be washed). Anything that I can move outside to the deck goes (bagged up shoes, DVD's fabric dining chairs, bookbaags, stools, etc. No remedy for carpet- in the past we had it steam cleaned three times- got reinfested(maybe the kids). What I'm doing now is making the family room less desirable by removing toys, T.V., DVD's etc.; I'm going too buy a baby gate and put it up for 30 days. Prayerfully that will kill them in that room. Then, unfortunately, I have to find something to keep my 2 yr old occupied and in one spot only- The top bunk watching Yo Gabba Gabba-I'll bring his food up to him while I'm cleaning.

The bed- we change sheets everyday and bleach vinyl covering on matress.* you have to cover box spring, pillows and matress

What doesnt work/ or whats harmful

tea tree oil
all rx'd creams- insecticides

What does work

Borax-$3.78 at Walmart
Tumeric-$2.99 any grocery store or walmart
Bleach
Peroxide
Neem w/ tumeric
Bagging things for 30 daays
Freezing things
Microwaving things
still fighting them

York, PA

#806 Nov 29, 2009
oh yeah guys I found this website that was interesting.

www.spreadlovesharelove.com

kinda cool.
mom

Newfoundland, PA

#807 Dec 6, 2009
I had scabies for 6months ( or so I thought ) I have been scabie free now for 2 years, but felt the need to come on here and post my findings. We did it all. I mean all kinds of things to get rid of our scabies. we used all the meds, covered our selves in tee tree oil, sulfur, and vaseline. cleaned the house like crazy and drove our selves crazy and broke trying to get rid of them. we would treat ourselves with permitherin like our doc said and then we would feel good and then the bumps would come back about 5 days later! we felt helpless and the docs kept saying if you treated yourselves with permitherin then it should be gone, but we kept feeling "crawling and bites, pin pricks and itching" here is what we found out: yes, all you need to do it treat yourself with permitherin, twice to make sure, keep your house clean, by changing your sheets and towels everyday, bagging up anything thats soft like kids stuffed animals extra pillows etc. run the sweeper on your rugs and funiture and cover up your couches with clean linens. do all this until your done treating yourself ( 2-3 days ) except keep your stuff bagged for atleast a week. yes the bumps will come back, the itching will come back and even the "pinpricks" but it is not scabies!!!! i reapeat, it is not scabies!!!! it is a skin reaction from the peritherin. we also developed "folliculitis" from treating ourselves with so much stuff which feels the same way as scabies does! exactly. we fought with ourselves not to treat our selves anymore and after a few months it proved to be the right decision. you are really doing alot to your skin and your body needs time to heal from it. even now, every few months or so we get a "outbreak" of folliculitis ( inflamation of the hair follicules) it last a day or two and goes away. please do as I said and then give yourselves time to heal. you are OVERTREATING your skin, waisting money and stressing yourselves out over nothing! my prayers are with you.
Felisha

Ellerbe, NC

#808 Dec 9, 2009
My son just got diagnosed with scabies, and he has since then passed them to my & his younger sister, the doctor has given us permethin lotion, but it hasn't worked at all, its going on 3 weeks since we've been using & nothing has happened. How do you really get rid of them, from the house & ourselves?
sam

United States

#809 Dec 9, 2009
stillfighting,

It sounds like you have something besides scabies. Scabies don't get all over the house like that, but fungus or bacteria can, probably fungus. Or maybe your skin is reacting to all the chemicals you are using.
skf

Glasgow, KY

#810 Dec 10, 2009
i simply over treated , ive been mite free for 5 months now, and when i stopped panicking about keeping something onmy skin the crawlies got fewer and fewer. i to this day can smell all the stuff in my body coming out, i have had crap oozing out of the poors of my skin. nasty stuff. crap out of my throat, nose, stuff i dont know how in the world it got in there unless chemicals just kept accumilating . while this was going on i also got sores in my nose, ears and but, but as i continued on antihistomines and antibiotic, its slowing all drying up. i think it was the chems and the jusnk the mites left behind.everyone says they can smell it on me . i overdid alot of things until i found the right thing. just dont lose hope and try to be good to your skin, the mites did enough already.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White and black specks...crawlies....scratch ma... (Jan '08) 2 hr Manti 144
Scabes 2 hr Manti 1
Photos of springtails, collembola in a womans skin (Jan '09) 3 hr Faithorsuicide 12
10 years and finally cured! (Aug '16) 22 hr Luvsca 13
Curing the Incurable Fri scratcher 11
How did I get rid of scabies in three seconds (Oct '11) Fri Medic 572
After 4 years Borax on the body is working. (Jun '11) Mar 23 Hope 16
More from around the web