how do i get rid of scabies once and ...
Scabies_Scabies_ Scabies

Lowell, IN

#537 May 4, 2009
weird, didn't post, i'll try again...
Scabies_Scabies_ Scabies

Lowell, IN

#539 May 4, 2009
I've already done this THREE TIMES!!! She says to do it tonight, leave on for 12 hours. Wash off, do again the next night (so two consecutive days) leave on for 12 hours. Wash off and then do again 7 days from the first treatment. And to come and see her again in two weeks. I mean is it just me or are all the doctors in the world completely idiotic when it comes to scabies??? I drove all around northwest indiana trying to track down some ivermectin (horse dewormer) in a pet food supply store.(No doctor will prescribe this to me... probably because of the FDA--it's not approved for scabies use, why I have no idea because it's used for internal parasites why not external?) All they have are injections, no pills. If i order from overseas it'll be weeks til it arrives. Anyone know where I can get this and fast??? Sorry for the long rant, but geez it was a heck of a day.
Tired

United States

#540 May 4, 2009
Scabies_Scabies_Scabies wrote:
I've already done this THREE TIMES!!! She says to do it tonight, leave on for 12 hours. Wash off, do again the next night (so two consecutive days) leave on for 12 hours. Wash off and then do again 7 days from the first treatment. And to come and see her again in two weeks. I mean is it just me or are all the doctors in the world completely idiotic when it comes to scabies??? I drove all around northwest indiana trying to track down some ivermectin (horse dewormer) in a pet food supply store.(No doctor will prescribe this to me... probably because of the FDA--it's not approved for scabies use, why I have no idea because it's used for internal parasites why not external?) All they have are injections, no pills. If i order from overseas it'll be weeks til it arrives. Anyone know where I can get this and fast??? Sorry for the long rant, but geez it was a heck of a day.
Sorry to hear it went so bad. I think the dermatologists are all doing botox and laser treatments so they don't know a thing about skin diseases anymore. You probably had to sit through the the whole post scabies lecture. Isn't it interesting that they make sure the horses can get rid of their mites but not us humans. Sorry I don't know about where to get the Ivermectin. Hang in there.
bugless

AOL

#541 May 4, 2009
here is a simple cure......and cheap!
Ingredients:
1.Ivermectin...1%(order this from a pet catalog like KV Vet on line or go to a local feed store)It is about $29.00 for a bottle that will last forever. We use it to heartworm our dogs. You will also need a 3cc syringe to draw the fluid.

2.1 whole, large lemon

3.Box of epson salts (walmart about 3 bucks)

4.Box of Borax (20 mule team) also at walmart.

5.Box of Baking soda.

6. MSM in capsule form...must be capsules or powder form. Either way it is available at the healthfood store.

Mix one cup each of #3,4,5,and 6 capsules of the MSM.
Put it in a large plastic container and use it as your bath salts and scrub.

Grate the lemon and chop the rest of it. Boil it in a quart bowl in the microwave for about 10 minutes. When cool strain to get the clear liquid.

Get a small squirt bottle and fill it with about 1/2 salts mixture and 1/2 half lemon juice.
nOW AD 3CC'S OF THE 1% cattle IVERMECTIN AND shake, shake, shake.

Now take a hot bath scrubbing down with the bath salts you just made....scrub with a brush and soak it off in about 15 minutes.

Now dry off and SPRAY,SPRAY,SPRAY Your body with the lemon mixture

Now take an Ambien and go to sleep.......
Do this everyday a you will find an improvement.

You can even add the salts to you hair conditioner.

The little beasts will be dried out by morning.....do it everyday for at least 2 weeks.
good luck....This is the formula we use on our show dogs and rescues. It is great for all kinds of "BUGS" and ear mites.....and humans
Scabies_Scabies_ Scabies

Lowell, IN

#542 May 4, 2009
Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear it went so bad. I think the dermatologists are all doing botox and laser treatments so they don't know a thing about skin diseases anymore. You probably had to sit through the the whole post scabies lecture. Isn't it interesting that they make sure the horses can get rid of their mites but not us humans. Sorry I don't know about where to get the Ivermectin. Hang in there.
Lol you're absolutely right! They do everything in their power to make people more "beautiful" because that's what puts money in their pockets. Yes, I did have to sit through the whole post scabies lecture, followed by the whole eczema lecture. Apparantly horses are more valuable than human beings. I'm half tempted to go find a farmer and convince him I'm a horse and I have mites. He'll agressively treat me and I'll finally be cured.... only in my dreams (well the few I have when I do get some sleep). Megan the first doctor said to me before she left my room... "That's why we don't use the internet to self diagnose"... if it wasn't for the internet and this forum I would have gone completely crazy long ago and would be locked up in a padded room with a straight jacket singing lullabyes to myself.
Scabies_Scabies_ Scabies

Lowell, IN

#543 May 4, 2009
bugless wrote:
here is a simple cure......and cheap!
Ingredients:
1.Ivermectin...1%(order this from a pet catalog like KV Vet on line or go to a local feed store)It is about $29.00 for a bottle that will last forever. We use it to heartworm our dogs. You will also need a 3cc syringe to draw the fluid.
2.1 whole, large lemon
3.Box of epson salts (walmart about 3 bucks)
4.Box of Borax (20 mule team) also at walmart.
5.Box of Baking soda.
6. MSM in capsule form...must be capsules or powder form. Either way it is available at the healthfood store.
Mix one cup each of #3,4,5,and 6 capsules of the MSM.
Put it in a large plastic container and use it as your bath salts and scrub.
Grate the lemon and chop the rest of it. Boil it in a quart bowl in the microwave for about 10 minutes. When cool strain to get the clear liquid.
Get a small squirt bottle and fill it with about 1/2 salts mixture and 1/2 half lemon juice.
nOW AD 3CC'S OF THE 1% cattle IVERMECTIN AND shake, shake, shake.
Now take a hot bath scrubbing down with the bath salts you just made....scrub with a brush and soak it off in about 15 minutes.
Now dry off and SPRAY,SPRAY,SPRAY Your body with the lemon mixture
Now take an Ambien and go to sleep.......
Do this everyday a you will find an improvement.
You can even add the salts to you hair conditioner.
The little beasts will be dried out by morning.....do it everyday for at least 2 weeks.
good luck....This is the formula we use on our show dogs and rescues. It is great for all kinds of "BUGS" and ear mites.....and humans
Thank you so much! I will definitely give it a shot. At this point I have nothing to lose! I'll let you know how it works out for me!
itchygirl in oh

Youngstown, OH

#544 May 5, 2009
Scabies scabies,
Try Tractor Supply Company. there is one in St. John, IN, about 7 miles from you. They carry all types of ivermectin. Be careful if you buy the cattle injectable type. The Ivomec Plus has another drug in it besides ivermectin. the plain Ivomec is just ivermectin, as is the cheap horse paste. I have not had a lot of luck with animal iver, but it has helped keep them under control. I do not advocate using animal meds.
Bugless,
I am going to try your formula. It has to beat slathering up with sulfur every night.
bugless

AOL

#545 May 5, 2009
You can also use the HOMEMADE SALTS FORMULA as a "DRY" body rub and exfoiliant (sp). It is quick and stays on you skin most of the day. Carry a small container with some of the mixture and use it when you feel the need..... Really easy and really works....
bugless

AOL

#546 May 5, 2009
http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/hardin/md/pictures.h...

great site for pictures and education
bugless

AOL

#547 May 5, 2009
1.http://www.provet.co.uk/petf acts/healthtips/sarcoptes.htm

2.http://www.lightlivestockequ ipment.com/sulfadimethoxine-po wdercan-be-mixed-with-vaseline -for-skin-parasite-treatment.a sp

3.http://www.lightlivestockequ ipment.com/frontline-spray---2 50ml.asp

4.http://www.lightlivestockequ ipment.com/generic-ivermectin- injection---50mlonline-only-pr iceregularly-2999.asp

5.http://www.lightlivestockequ ipment.com/WitchesBrew.asp
itchygirl in oh

Youngstown, OH

#548 May 5, 2009
bugless wrote:
http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/hardi n/md/pictures.html
great site for pictures and education
Ok, I did not need to see the penis scabies. ewwwww! That has got to be miserable. And I thought getting a bug on my boob was bad.
sick of mangey mutts

San Jose, CA

#549 May 15, 2009
please put your pets down once they get this crap its just not worth it. I have only had this for one week and its a nightmare. There is nasty little dogs all over the apartment I live in. Thanks Pet owners yes you got it because of your pet or someone elses. KILL them.
buggie

United States

#550 May 16, 2009
sick of mangey mutts wrote:
please put your pets down once they get this crap its just not worth it. I have only had this for one week and its a nightmare. There is nasty little dogs all over the apartment I live in. Thanks Pet owners yes you got it because of your pet or someone elses. KILL them.
there will be a bruhaha over your post. There is truth in it unfortunately. I haven't given up on my cat yet because I've had people give up on me and I can't do that to another human or loyal animal. In another website the moderator stressed over and over and over that the host must be discovered. Rat mites from roof rats. Mites from bats. Sarcoptic mites from dogs and cats...which can also carry rat, bat and pigeon mites. Pigeon fleas,lice,mites. Chicken and fowl mites. Its a loooong list. 45,000 kinds of mites. Ugh.
mean people suck

Oak Harbor, WA

#551 May 16, 2009
sick of mangey mutts wrote:
please put your pets down once they get this crap its just not worth it. I have only had this for one week and its a nightmare. There is nasty little dogs all over the apartment I live in. Thanks Pet owners yes you got it because of your pet or someone elses. KILL them.
Sorry to be rude but you need to learn that pets are just as innocent as getting these mites of whatever kind as humans are innocent in picking them up from anywhere! You name it, not just animals. You need to learn some facts! Pet owners need to be responsible and treat their pets
with the love and dignity they deserve because they are relying upon us
to care for them! Buggie is right! You need to stop blaming animals and blaming their clueless owners! If your pets have mites , treat them! It takes vigilance, cleaning , and patience, as it does if you have contracted them. People that get pets and don't have a clue about the responsibility
of caring for them suck , and so does your mean post , suggesting that people kill them. There are many options for treatments for pets, and death isn't one of them. Animals suffer too with mite infestation.
luxx_p

Cheadle, UK

#552 May 16, 2009
did anyone else find that once they'd treated the problem, the symptoms still persisted for a while? As I have just treated myself for this problem and I'm hoping I have gotten rid of it but I do not know how to tell.
Antwan

Norwich, NY

#553 May 19, 2009
KayTee wrote:
<quoted text>
How long does this take? I'm not 100% sure I even have scabies - but I'm pretty sure. I do not have insurance and cannot afford to pay the Dr.$120 a visit - so I really hope this works.
I think i may have found a way. i have been suffering for almost 18 months now and have tried the creams and soaps. i haven't takin the pill yet casue my doc won't let me. sayes it may be too toxic. so what i did was took a soda bottle and messured out to equal sections on the bottle and marked them. then i took bleach and filled it up to the 2nd line and the rest with water, or a 1 part bleach and 4 parts water. then i sprayed my whole body from top to bottom. the first night i didn;t feel anything in the lostest time. secound night was great too. i woke up in the morning and noticed 3 new spots on my arms and a couple on my legs. i mixed the bleach again and then did it the night after. its been two weeks now and haven;t have a singls bite yet. i did do it a couple more times a total of six times in a 3 week period. aside from washing my cloths and bedding as much as possable. i also sparyed my mattress with the bleach/water once a week. i really think i might be rid of them and hopefully for good. seeing as i have no idea were they came from i hope to never run into them again.
Linda

United States

#554 Jun 1, 2009
KENNET wrote:
I first notice little bumps on my hand about week and half ago,then the itching started so i knew something was up. Did some searching online read all kinds of stuff and decided to try TEA TREE OIL. Started my home treatment on 1-7-08.Itching stop in hours, but the oil treatment will last for 3 weeks since it's natural oil from a tree leaf they claim.On the 21st i will let you guys know if it truly works.I also read you can freez you beeding, clothes,etc for 24 hours and it kills the mites.
Good luck with the Tea Tree Oil, mine just got worse. I was misdiagnosed in February and did not know until about a month ago what I really had, so it was not treated. I tried the Tea Tree Oil for about 2 weeks, but all they did was spread to the rest of my body. I have finally had to get Permethrine Creme from the RX, and it's costing a fortune. Luckily, I was out of my home for about 7 days, so there was no danger here when I got back, but so far the treatment with the creme has not gotten rid of them 100%, they still break out again about 3 days after treatment. I think this is because I had them so long before starting treatment with the RX. They are horrible, embarassing, frustrating and I can't wait to get rid of them. Don't mess around with the "natural cures", go to the Dr, pay the $ and get real medicine. If the creme does not work, ask your DR about the pill. It is my next step since I have already used the creme 3 times and still have new bumps. Make sure EVERYONE that lives in your household is also treated or you will NOT get rid of them.
Anna

Spring Hill, FL

#555 Jun 5, 2009
My boyfriend got scabies but didn't realize it. Him and I moved in together and over a 2 week period of time i got it too. It was driving us crazy so he went to a DR. and was perscribed Permithrin. Both of us used it and all it did was increse the itch and make it feel like our skin was on fire. We've been cleaning our house washing cloths and bedding, we've even covered our bed with a plastic cover. Everything that we've done has not worked and is driving me crazy. We bought Scabieskiller that is a bottle of natural oil based treatment and a spray with enzymes found in water. At first it seemed to take away the itch but having to re-apply over and over is a hassel. We are going to keep on applying the oil and spray to see if it works but im having my doubts i just want to be rid of these things so bad. In the meen time im going to buy sulfar soap and try that also because ive heard its suppose to help kill the eggs and stop the reproduction of the bastards.

Since: May 09

South Plainfield, NJ

#556 Jun 5, 2009
bugless wrote:
here is a simple cure......and cheap!
Ingredients:
1.Ivermectin...1%(order this from a pet catalog like KV Vet on line or go to a local feed store)It is about $29.00 for a bottle that will last forever. We use it to heartworm our dogs. You will also need a 3cc syringe to draw the fluid.
2.1 whole, large lemon
3.Box of epson salts (walmart about 3 bucks)
4.Box of Borax (20 mule team) also at walmart.
5.Box of Baking soda.
6. MSM in capsule form...must be capsules or powder form. Either way it is available at the healthfood store.
Mix one cup each of #3,4,5,and 6 capsules of the MSM.
Put it in a large plastic container and use it as your bath salts and scrub.
Grate the lemon and chop the rest of it. Boil it in a quart bowl in the microwave for about 10 minutes. When cool strain to get the clear liquid.
Get a small squirt bottle and fill it with about 1/2 salts mixture and 1/2 half lemon juice.
nOW AD 3CC'S OF THE 1% cattle IVERMECTIN AND shake, shake, shake.
Now take a hot bath scrubbing down with the bath salts you just made....scrub with a brush and soak it off in about 15 minutes.
Now dry off and SPRAY,SPRAY,SPRAY Your body with the lemon mixture
Now take an Ambien and go to sleep.......
Do this everyday a you will find an improvement.
You can even add the salts to you hair conditioner.
The little beasts will be dried out by morning.....do it everyday for at least 2 weeks.
good luck....This is the formula we use on our show dogs and rescues. It is great for all kinds of "BUGS" and ear mites.....and humans
Will this kill them permanently?
I have been fighting this for the last 8 weeks and now my two youngest kids look better-- cleared up

PERM 5% every 5 days for 3 treatments
Did sulfur for 4 days
Now I'm doing Tea Tree baths and tea tree rubs every day and night ... I only have a few active spots...

Bit if Topical lemon and ivermectin work and will KILL them and their eggs -- I'm in-- I'll try anything that wont kill me.
Please respond,

Cindy
Joe

Hollywood, FL

#557 Jun 5, 2009
clebow wrote:
<quoted text>
Will this kill them permanently?
I have been fighting this for the last 8 weeks and now my two youngest kids look better-- cleared up
PERM 5% every 5 days for 3 treatments
Did sulfur for 4 days
Now I'm doing Tea Tree baths and tea tree rubs every day and night ... I only have a few active spots...
Bit if Topical lemon and ivermectin work and will KILL them and their eggs -- I'm in-- I'll try anything that wont kill me.
Please respond,
Cindy
I don't think there is anything out there that actually kills the eggs (inside your skin). The ivermectin will kill adult mites. This is why you have to keep hitting them. My vet was adament about waiting 14 days after the first dose (that is because it takes time for the eggs to hatch out and mature). But the poster above suggested using the spray for two weeks straight. That's every day for 14 days. But, this is not an exact dosage. It is a mixed spray with good ingredients that will definitely help you. You just have to be careful and LISTEN LISTEN TO YOUR BODY.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr Bronners liquid castille soap? (Oct '14) 59 min SOS_911 50
scabies begone 1 hr beenthere 1
Pin Pricks, black dots, and itchness 5 hr yhe024 1
Petition for a study of this desease Fri Sufrintoo 3
How common are asymptomatic carriers of scabies? (Mar '10) Fri Blu 20
How do i use Eprinex? (Nov '13) Fri tired 23
Theory on why scabies is so hard to get rid of (Jan '12) Fri Okanagon 5
More from around the web