rob

Baltimore, MD

#4337 Jun 17, 2014
Also go buy a steam cleaning machine like shark and steam the carpets floors mattress etc ...that will kill en on contact
Worried Mum

Singapore, Singapore

#4338 Jun 17, 2014
Keep it simple.
Yes, have the house fumigated;
Get rid of everything you don't need..de clutter;
Wash all clothes on 60c may help to go to a very large machine launderette. Spin twice, tumble dry on 60 c;
Put all washed clothes in vacuum suck bags and do not open for as long as you can possibly do. Wash and wear same clothes to avoid having lots of washing hanging around.

DAWN washing liquid, Lavender, cover body wait a few minutes then bathe for at least 20 'mins;

Sulphur soap.
Permiethrin use neat leave on for 24 hrs; then I filled bottle with water and applied to affected areas almost daily, you will need at least ten bottles for a family of three over three months.

Dog needs complete de gestation for fleas, ticks AND walking Dandruff. Vet must do Sellotape test under a microscope. walking dandruff can live for 10 days off a dog. They bite but can't live on humans. But humans can carry them.

Remember these mites only want to live. The female uninterrupted can lay eggs for 6 weeks!. So vigilance I. The form of washing. Cover furniture with cling film for a week! they can't live longer than three days off a human body. Get a steam cleaner and steam everything everywhere, easier the your think. Get rid of everything g you don't need. They live off flesh so if they can't get any they can't live.

Good idea to go away for two weeks if you can so house is empty. No visitors meet them away from the home the mites can only live on human flesh and burrowing laying eggs. Protect your home and self.

Last resort, hair dryer 'pinging' areas of skin.

Best of luck. Been there and survived. I don't hug or handshake any more. Which is a shame but hey, I have been there and never want to go back
Worried Mum

Singapore, Singapore

#4339 Jun 17, 2014
For whoever keeps saying my post is a scam and nuts. How dare you! How dare you? I have got rid of scabies by my persistence and share to help. Yes, my comments are true, not a scam and Dr's here in Singapore are astonished how quickly I got rid of Scabies. DAWN has an antibacterial chemical Tricloban that makes an unappetizing host and prevents infection. How dare you!
Kay

Winter Haven, FL

#4341 Jun 18, 2014
I was just diagnosed with scabies I went to the ER & they gave me cream elite I put it on left it for 8hrs then washed it off it's been almost a week since I've had them &!its keeps getting worse should I go back to the ER or try something else? Plus I've cleaned everything and me and my husband sleep together to nd he put the cream on to he had a little bumps here nd there but his cleared up the next day ? It's a little weird and I'm confused help!!! I'm very itchy

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4342 Jun 18, 2014
Worried Mum wrote:
For whoever keeps saying my post is a scam and nuts. How dare you! How dare you? I have got rid of scabies by my persistence and share to help. Yes, my comments are true, not a scam and Dr's here in Singapore are astonished how quickly I got rid of Scabies. DAWN has an antibacterial chemical Tricloban that makes an unappetizing host and prevents infection. How dare you!
Don't worry about it. There's someone on the forum who has nothing better to do than that to amuse themselves. It's pretty sad - it only says what a sad case that person is, not you.
Barry

United States

#4343 Jun 19, 2014
Dawn is too weak to fight this.
It doesnt do a thing but maybe kill a few surface mites and clean your skin.
You arent in singapore. You are in the states and you post here often and with many aliases. How dare you!!!
Barry

United States

#4344 Jun 19, 2014
In fact, triclosan is one of the first b.s.
Things you learn about scabies. Then you discover it doesnt work at all.
Heres an article about it.
http://www.foodandwaterwatch.org/factsheet/wh...
FRED

Denver, CO

#4345 Jun 20, 2014
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/ar...

"Unfortunately, many still believe Lyme disease is tick-borne only, which as it turns out is incorrect. It can also be transmitted by other insects, including fleas, mosquitoes, and mites"

You know Lyme disease can and does readily show the same skin symptoms as scabies.

Don't believe anything Canuckette or Bill says , they both have a long history of posting distracting clueless nonsense. Arm and Hammer detergent used to treat anything is stupid and it never helped anyone unless they were crazy.

You might have had scabies because those and many other insects transmit lyme, or you might just have lyme and think you have scabies. The scabies aren't hard to get rid of but the lyme symptoms stay so you never realize that the scabies are gone.

The crawling and biting sensations are common nerve disorders associated with Lyme disease.
FRED

Denver, CO

#4346 Jun 20, 2014
http://www.tiredoflyme.com/bizarre-neurologic...

crawling and biting..........
the man

Sylva, NC

#4348 Jun 21, 2014
you have to wash every piece of clothing you have. Use trash bags to throw unwashables into for no less than 4 -5 days (they die after no meal for 5 days. I am so sorry no one told you this. you must do step 1 and 2 before using premethrin and taking a shower and then putting on clothes that are not from your contaminated area. Hope this helps
Robert

Hollywood, FL

#4349 Jun 21, 2014
Fred is not cured. He has lyme. You know, there is a topix forum for lyme disease. It would be more appropriate for you to post on a lyme forum. This is a scabies forum.
scabiefree

Kearny, NJ

#4350 Jun 21, 2014
the man wrote:
you have to wash every piece of clothing you have. Use trash bags to throw unwashables into for no less than 4 -5 days (they die after no meal for 5 days. I am so sorry no one told you this. you must do step 1 and 2 before using premethrin and taking a shower and then putting on clothes that are not from your contaminated area. Hope this helps
why wouldnt you just steam or iron all you clothe before you wear them! I steamed everything in my house! Used neem oil and neem soaps, shampoos, lotion for about a little over a month!! And I no longer have scabies!
Kkandrews

United States

#4351 Jun 23, 2014
Had it diagnosed and what worked best for me was the lindane cream or perithium cream. Also at night I applied neems oil which can be found at health food store. Sulfur soap and tea tree oil were not helpful maybe for a day or two.
Will this ever end

Mount Vernon, OH

#4352 Jun 24, 2014
It didnt work :(( all tht and three days later i have three new bumps :((
Shoot me
Ling

San Antonio, TX

#4353 Jun 27, 2014
Seeing all the ideas & methods, everyone has a way about going with it. I just recently acquired this & it's quite a battle. Now, keep in mind that everyone is different. These little abominations attack your immune system & just...ugh, in general.

In any case, I can't and won't advise anyone but this is the way I've been fighting by far and it's helped me...immensely. Now, keep in mind, this was my method and it helped ME. It may help you, it may not. Everyone IS different....Now first, I lathered myself in a bath with Head and Shoulders. Doesn't matter what kind. All H&S has the active chemical, pyrithione zinc. Zinc & Sulfur. So, just lather up and wait in the bath for 5 Min until it starts to tingle...like it's penetrating your skin.(make sure you're not in a bath of water, just rinse yourself enough then stop the water to cover yourself with head and shoulders).... now, the ingredient DOES NOT KILL the scabies but what it does is, it paralyzes them. So once the 5 minutes is up, shower it off & get yourself prepared for the borax & hydrogen peroxide bath...

Now...I'm quoting this part... "Scabies are anthropods. Borax is highly toxic to anthropods and kills them in minutes (if they eat the borax). If the borax is on your skin, scabies eat your skin. dead. Borax is also highly alkaline (9. soemthing I cant remember) which might be irritating to your skin. That's where the peroxide comes in. It's slightly acidic @ 3% which balances out any kind of skin discomfort you might be worried about. Borax has low toxicity to humans so with the hydrogen peroxide it helps balance it and not damage your skin." http://www.growyouthful.com/comment-ailment-r...

So, I tried. I didn't want my skin to get damaged so I tried two cups of borax & 1 cup of hydrogen peroxide (3%). I've done this morning & evening. I bathed in hot water, enough that I could stand, & went from head to toe for 15 minutes. Enough time for you to get it from externally & internally... The first time, I was itchy, but I saw the little "S" lines all over my body. It flared where I saw where they were. it at least alerted me knowing it bothered them, I did it again for the next two weeks & it's helped me a lot. I can sleep comfortably & live without any paranoia... now, I even use borax in the following below:

-my carpets (let it sit for a while & then vacuum the powder up but quickly take the bag out once done & dispose of it)
-my laundry (it helps a lot, trust me. Make sure it's hot water and hot air while drying them. Do it twice or thrice. Hot heat (122 F kills them within ten minutes))
-my baths.
-spray bottle -1 c. of hydrogen peroxide & 3 tbsp of borax & water enough to fill a 6 oz spray bottle (make sure you boil the mixture before you put it in the bottle) Use to spray on you throughout the day

Bag up everything-less cleaning & laundry. Keep in mind the lifespan of these crazy critters. Even after a few days,"you feel better" you may want to think how long they've been under your skin. don't underestimate them. Clean & vacuum high & low daily. They die without a host in 48-72 hours.

Additional products used to clean...

Mixed spray bottle-water, bleach and dr. bronner's hemp-peppermint (Peppermint is an anti-bacterial/disinfectant herb to clean and also helps tone down the harsh chemical in bleach)... I used the spray to clean just about everything. Mattress, I used dr. bronner's peppermint and water together...(btw, make sure you clean the sheets once you wake up)...

I ate less iron, sweets, & gluten food. These guys love it & your immunity is deterred... So C, B & anything to boost your immunity...I drink peppermint tea & elderflower/blackberry. Helps your immune system...

By far, it's helped me a lot. It's quite exhausting but don't give up. I'm now smiling after a two week battle & they're slowly going away. Hope this helps someone, good luck!
Ling

San Antonio, TX

#4354 Jun 27, 2014
I forgot to add that, putting anything you touched in bags and tightly closing them, takes their oxygen away and therefore suffocates them.

High heat and oxygen kills them.
Some say the freezing temp of 50 kills them too and fear that it makes them dormant but I've read it doesn't. Yes they're more common during the winters than the summers, but to make sure, it's best to go with heat and oxygen. Therefore, what I've provided above. Good luck everyone with the battles! I wish you the best!
FRED

Denver, CO

#4356 Jul 3, 2014
Ling wrote:

I'm now smiling after a two week battle & they're slowly going away. Hope this helps someone, good luck!
Slowly going away doesn't mean anything. Scabies aren't that hard to kill, what you are doing is temporarily lowering your bacterial infection so the skin symptoms go away but they will be back. All that stuff your doing is not needed unless your goal is to make yourself insane. You need to get tested for Lyme disease especially Bartonella.
Ling

San Antonio, TX

#4357 Jul 3, 2014
FRED wrote:
<quoted text>
Slowly going away doesn't mean anything. Scabies aren't that hard to kill, what you are doing is temporarily lowering your bacterial infection so the skin symptoms go away but they will be back. All that stuff your doing is not needed unless your goal is to make yourself insane. You need to get tested for Lyme disease especially Bartonella.
No, I'm aware what I have and I'm a biomed student. I appreciate your concern but I know what I definitely got. As I said, it's different for people and it can go quickly or not depending how bad of an infection you have. I acquired it from my hedgehog and was also given the diagnosis from the vet and a doctor. I'm not insane but I've done some research here and there. And also, I'm not lowering any bacterial infection when I have probiotics and supplements to help me. I'm well off to know what I am doing and I can also say it confidentially.:)
SulfurCure

Hanford, CA

#4358 Jul 7, 2014
Try precipitated sulfur. The key is “precipitated” which is a smaller sulfur particle (precipitated) over larger (sublimed). Available through Mack’s Prarie Wings. It’s called Chigg Away and is about $6.00 per bottle. Does not iritate skin like Sulfur Ointment (Pomada de Azufre).
Based on the study http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15776866 , apply for 6 days, off for 1 week on for 2 days
Worried Mum

Singapore, Singapore

#4359 Jul 8, 2014
Looks like we have managed to get away from the pests, but vigilance is paramount. The last vestiges were in elastic tops of socks and underwear. So make sure these are really boiled and soaked in Washing Soda. Then not worn for 6 weeks. I hope you all get rid of theses things but worry that so many do not treat them and become. Really tormented by them. Remember they are only trying to survive so cut off their life source and they die. 6 weeks from the last bite be extra extra vigilant then hopefully you will beat them

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
iver and pcream together treatment(someone expl... 7 min Some one help 1
stromectol and pcream togther treatment,HELP ex... 40 min Some one help 1
scabies cured in a day!! 48 min help 12
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) 58 min Depressed and anx... 649
is stromectol legal in the U.S 1 hr itsanepidemicnotj... 4
will sulfur soap get rid of scabies (Jun '10) 4 hr In_UK2 192
Pin Prick & Crawling Sensations? Post Scabies T... (Apr '12) 4 hr In_UK2 197
Post-Scabies Treatment Eczema (Jan '07) 11 hr Depressed and anx... 342
How did I get rid of scabies in three seconds (Oct '11) Tue rene 458