how do i get rid of scabies once and ...
pat

United States

#4331 Jun 14, 2014
I read a lot about using borax, can someone please tell me what kind of borax.
scabiefree

Plant City, FL

#4332 Jun 15, 2014
pat wrote:
I read a lot about using borax, can someone please tell me what kind of borax.
20 mules borax! But if you buy a steamer and steam all your clothe before you wear them! Steam your bed and pillow before you sleep uou dont need borax! Then I bought100% neem oil and the theraneem lotion with neem shampoo and neem soap! I washed with the soap and shampoo! Got out of the shower and dried off! Applied neem lotion all over my body! Before bed I used the neem oil on the rashes directly! When I woke up I washed the neem oil off and applied the lotion aftef I dried and repeated everyday for a month! Its been 5 months since I had them and I feel great!
scabiefree

Plant City, FL

#4333 Jun 15, 2014
if you buy a steamer and steam all your clothe before you wear them! Steam your bed and pillow before you sleep you dont need borax! Then I bought100% neem oil and the theraneem lotion with neem shampoo and neem soap! I washed with the soap and shampoo! Got out of the shower and dried off! Applied neem lotion all over my body! Before bed I used the neem oil on the rashes directly! When I woke up I washed the neem oil off and applied the lotion aftef I dried and repeated everyday for a month! Its been 5 months since I had them and I feel great!
up-set wrote:
I am liking the, "bath treatment, with bleach.." I think I have this awful plague... We just put our brother-in-law in an assisted care physicality, and they had the Scabies, and never told any one.. Now we are trying to treat him.. And it looks like I have it too.. I am just a little more than upset..
5yearsuferer

Florissant, MO

#4334 Jun 16, 2014
I have has scabies since 2010. I had no idea what it was. I went to 6 different doctors; first one gave me oral ivermetin and no topical cream. It worked and I got re infested by my husband. Second doctor gave me cream and nothing oral, again got re-infested in my house over and over. Now I pour boiling water in the shower before and after use. I put all my clothing, pillow, blankets in the microwave for 30 second to a minute (if it doesn't have a metal if it does have metal you need to iron them). I mop my floors with Lysol (lemon) and ammonia. I spray Raid bug spray on the couches, carpets and walls and vacuum as much as you can. Because the mites get use to whatever produce you are using it’s a good idea to your rotate treatment.

So I now have a daily regimen to fight scabies.

Day one
Shower all over with Fairy Tales shampoo
Put the Conditioner on like lotion

Day two
Shower with neem oil soap
Put on castor oil with 5% tea tree oil and 5% clove oil

Day three
Shower with Shea Moisture African Black Soap Shampoo
Put the Shea Moisture African Black Soap Conditioner on like lotion

Day Four
Shower with sulfur soap
Put on a sulfur cream like lotion

Everyday
Drink pomegranate juice
Eat a coffee cup size of black walnuts
1/2 Grapefruit
Pumpkinseeds
Raw Cabbage
Water

Things to avoid
Coffee, Sugar, Pork,(red meet altogether if you can)

http://www.livestrong.com/article/120655-food...
Worried Mum

Singapore, Singapore

#4335 Jun 16, 2014
Hi, DAWN baths every day have helped, vigilance, Ivermectrin, Permeithrin 5 mg consistently. Do not stop, just do not stop boiling steaming, vacuuming, ironing. It does feel great when they are gone. We moved, got rid of sofa, packed everything in vacuum bags and have not opened anything but the necessary for the month. Dog got better from walking dandruff. We will not give up. Ps found out where it came from someone in my husbands work announced they had had it before they left. Picked it up in India.
Will this ever end

Columbus, OH

#4336 Jun 17, 2014
Katelan
Sign Out
Ask a Question
Answers Home
Notifications
My Activities
Categories
Community Guidelines
Send Feedback
Help
Other Sites
Yahoo
Mail
News
Finance
Sports
More
View Desktop Version
About Yahoo Privacy & Terms
© 2014 Yahoo! Inc

Cleaning & Laundry
PLZ PLZ DONT IGNORE!!?
PLZ DONT IGNORE!! I need some serious help with getting rid of "scabies". Myself, my husband and my 16 month old daughter were diagnosed with them about 3 months ago. Weve done the permetherin cream twice now. Is it safe to take again?? I breastfeed my daughter and her pedi said it was ok but this time i went to a family doc just to get the prescription and do EVERYTHING the right way thinking i could.beat these little bugs ! Ive washed all our clothes and bedding in hot water with bleach and SOAKED our mattress, furniture, carpet and walls with lysol We have alot of family and friends that come over veryyyy often and are always holding and playing with my daughter. The last two times we treated we told everyone we came into contact with! A couple people treated but no one done the house keeping. We also have a dog that does have a bunch of dark brown stuff in her right ear. Maybe that could be the source of these mites???? My hubby and i have EXHAUSTED every person and place we could have got them from.. its a lost cause :(. I cannot fail at getting rid of them again!!!! Im going crazy!! I guess my real question is what do i have to do to be 1000x sure there wont be a reinfestation?!?!?!? What chemicals can i shampoo with, vacuum with, spray, wash with our bedding and clothes????? Should i bag everything?? Can i use a bomb for the house??? Mattress covers??? Plz plz plz someone has to have experienced this!!!! I need a fool proof plan to set into motion this saturday!!
rob

Newark, NJ

#4337 Jun 17, 2014
Also go buy a steam cleaning machine like shark and steam the carpets floors mattress etc ...that will kill en on contact
Worried Mum

Singapore, Singapore

#4338 Jun 17, 2014
Keep it simple.
Yes, have the house fumigated;
Get rid of everything you don't need..de clutter;
Wash all clothes on 60c may help to go to a very large machine launderette. Spin twice, tumble dry on 60 c;
Put all washed clothes in vacuum suck bags and do not open for as long as you can possibly do. Wash and wear same clothes to avoid having lots of washing hanging around.

DAWN washing liquid, Lavender, cover body wait a few minutes then bathe for at least 20 'mins;

Sulphur soap.
Permiethrin use neat leave on for 24 hrs; then I filled bottle with water and applied to affected areas almost daily, you will need at least ten bottles for a family of three over three months.

Dog needs complete de gestation for fleas, ticks AND walking Dandruff. Vet must do Sellotape test under a microscope. walking dandruff can live for 10 days off a dog. They bite but can't live on humans. But humans can carry them.

Remember these mites only want to live. The female uninterrupted can lay eggs for 6 weeks!. So vigilance I. The form of washing. Cover furniture with cling film for a week! they can't live longer than three days off a human body. Get a steam cleaner and steam everything everywhere, easier the your think. Get rid of everything g you don't need. They live off flesh so if they can't get any they can't live.

Good idea to go away for two weeks if you can so house is empty. No visitors meet them away from the home the mites can only live on human flesh and burrowing laying eggs. Protect your home and self.

Last resort, hair dryer 'pinging' areas of skin.

Best of luck. Been there and survived. I don't hug or handshake any more. Which is a shame but hey, I have been there and never want to go back
Worried Mum

Singapore, Singapore

#4339 Jun 17, 2014
For whoever keeps saying my post is a scam and nuts. How dare you! How dare you? I have got rid of scabies by my persistence and share to help. Yes, my comments are true, not a scam and Dr's here in Singapore are astonished how quickly I got rid of Scabies. DAWN has an antibacterial chemical Tricloban that makes an unappetizing host and prevents infection. How dare you!
Kay

Auburndale, FL

#4341 Jun 18, 2014
I was just diagnosed with scabies I went to the ER & they gave me cream elite I put it on left it for 8hrs then washed it off it's been almost a week since I've had them &!its keeps getting worse should I go back to the ER or try something else? Plus I've cleaned everything and me and my husband sleep together to nd he put the cream on to he had a little bumps here nd there but his cleared up the next day ? It's a little weird and I'm confused help!!! I'm very itchy

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4342 Jun 18, 2014
Worried Mum wrote:
For whoever keeps saying my post is a scam and nuts. How dare you! How dare you? I have got rid of scabies by my persistence and share to help. Yes, my comments are true, not a scam and Dr's here in Singapore are astonished how quickly I got rid of Scabies. DAWN has an antibacterial chemical Tricloban that makes an unappetizing host and prevents infection. How dare you!
Don't worry about it. There's someone on the forum who has nothing better to do than that to amuse themselves. It's pretty sad - it only says what a sad case that person is, not you.
Barry

United States

#4343 Jun 19, 2014
Dawn is too weak to fight this.
It doesnt do a thing but maybe kill a few surface mites and clean your skin.
You arent in singapore. You are in the states and you post here often and with many aliases. How dare you!!!
Barry

United States

#4344 Jun 19, 2014
In fact, triclosan is one of the first b.s.
Things you learn about scabies. Then you discover it doesnt work at all.
Heres an article about it.
http://www.foodandwaterwatch.org/factsheet/wh...
FRED

Denver, CO

#4345 Jun 20, 2014
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/ar...

"Unfortunately, many still believe Lyme disease is tick-borne only, which as it turns out is incorrect. It can also be transmitted by other insects, including fleas, mosquitoes, and mites"

You know Lyme disease can and does readily show the same skin symptoms as scabies.

Don't believe anything Canuckette or Bill says , they both have a long history of posting distracting clueless nonsense. Arm and Hammer detergent used to treat anything is stupid and it never helped anyone unless they were crazy.

You might have had scabies because those and many other insects transmit lyme, or you might just have lyme and think you have scabies. The scabies aren't hard to get rid of but the lyme symptoms stay so you never realize that the scabies are gone.

The crawling and biting sensations are common nerve disorders associated with Lyme disease.
FRED

Denver, CO

#4346 Jun 20, 2014
http://www.tiredoflyme.com/bizarre-neurologic...

crawling and biting..........
the man

Cullowhee, NC

#4348 Jun 21, 2014
you have to wash every piece of clothing you have. Use trash bags to throw unwashables into for no less than 4 -5 days (they die after no meal for 5 days. I am so sorry no one told you this. you must do step 1 and 2 before using premethrin and taking a shower and then putting on clothes that are not from your contaminated area. Hope this helps
Robert

Hollywood, FL

#4349 Jun 21, 2014
Fred is not cured. He has lyme. You know, there is a topix forum for lyme disease. It would be more appropriate for you to post on a lyme forum. This is a scabies forum.
scabiefree

Newark, NJ

#4350 Jun 21, 2014
the man wrote:
you have to wash every piece of clothing you have. Use trash bags to throw unwashables into for no less than 4 -5 days (they die after no meal for 5 days. I am so sorry no one told you this. you must do step 1 and 2 before using premethrin and taking a shower and then putting on clothes that are not from your contaminated area. Hope this helps
why wouldnt you just steam or iron all you clothe before you wear them! I steamed everything in my house! Used neem oil and neem soaps, shampoos, lotion for about a little over a month!! And I no longer have scabies!
Kkandrews

United States

#4351 Jun 23, 2014
Had it diagnosed and what worked best for me was the lindane cream or perithium cream. Also at night I applied neems oil which can be found at health food store. Sulfur soap and tea tree oil were not helpful maybe for a day or two.
Will this ever end

Columbus, OH

#4352 Jun 24, 2014
It didnt work :(( all tht and three days later i have three new bumps :((
Shoot me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies cured (Dec '08) 1 hr AmCured 111
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) 9 hr Rosefedup 963
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) 16 hr Lulupoke325 822
Post scabies hives? Thu jeaves22 7
Deet for scabies? (Jun '13) Thu Nycmom 8
black specks (Feb '09) Wed Theysaimcraze 76
Immune system question Jun 29 Eugene 13
More from around the web