tori

Macon, GA

#26 Dec 10, 2007
i know someone that has scabies but i don't know what to do ether i'm hoping you don't die from it
Scabies 3

Hollywood, FL

#27 Dec 10, 2007
tori wrote:
i know someone that has scabies but i don't know what to do ether i'm hoping you don't die from it
You don't die from scabies, but if you let it go and not treat yourself, you will look and feel pretty bad. Some people get it worse than others. Here in America, we have lots of meds to treat scabies.

Since: Jan 08

Virgin Islands, U.S.

#28 Jan 10, 2008
I first notice little bumps on my hand about week and half ago,then the itching started so i knew something was up. Did some searching online read all kinds of stuff and decided to try TEA TREE OIL. Started my home treatment on 1-7-08.Itching stop in hours, but the oil treatment will last for 3 weeks since it's natural oil from a tree leaf they claim.On the 21st i will let you guys know if it truly works.I also read you can freez you beeding, clothes,etc for 24 hours and it kills the mites.
Scabies3

Hollywood, FL

#29 Jan 10, 2008
KENNET wrote:
I first notice little bumps on my hand about week and half ago,then the itching started so i knew something was up. Did some searching online read all kinds of stuff and decided to try TEA TREE OIL. Started my home treatment on 1-7-08.Itching stop in hours, but the oil treatment will last for 3 weeks since it's natural oil from a tree leaf they claim.On the 21st i will let you guys know if it truly works.I also read you can freez you beeding, clothes,etc for 24 hours and it kills the mites.
If you have the type of mites that I have, tea tree oil will only keep the mites at bay, and will not be a total cure for you. It's better to use the rx for this. permethrin cream and ivermectin, which the doctors prescribe. you don't want to wait too long, that it gets out of hand.

Virgin Islands, U.S.

#30 Jan 11, 2008
The bumps & itching are gone,now and then i feel a pinprick.Scabies3 how can you tell if it really scabies or something else ?
Scabies3

Hollywood, FL

#31 Jan 11, 2008
Kennet: I still do not know if mine are sarcoptic mites or maybe something else, as I have not been able to actually see one; maybe a black spec or a black something that looks like a mite, but I can't really tell. The vet diagnosed my cat with sarcoptic mange, 2 years ago, and that is when all this started. By you feeling pinpricks bites, this is a sign that you have a mite trying to dig into you, so it can nest and lay eggs, etc. it could be that you are just about done with this, especially if you see no new bumps and you are not itching. Keep up the environmental cleaning, and keeping your bedclothes and clothes mite free. wash in scalding hot water or boil them. yes, boil your bedclothes and regular clothes. let us know how it goes for you.

Virgin Islands, U.S.

#32 Jan 23, 2008
Nothing new to report,makes me wonder if it really was scabies or something else. Whatever it was 100% pure tea tree oil did the trick .What i would like to know if these mites have predators.
MISERABLE IN SA

AOL

#33 Jan 23, 2008
Kennet,
That's a good question that I would like to know the answer too. Let's research it and get back to one another. MIS
Expert on the matter

Paris, France

#34 Mar 12, 2008
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to share information about my battle with scabies. This will enlighten some of you. Frankly, much of what I read here is pure crap.
I contracted the little buggers in July 2007 and was diagnosed via skin scrapping in mid September 2007. My first doctor prescribed Ivermectin, the first line treatment. I knew the first treatment failed after 1 week (immediate improvement for 3 days before the itch resumed), but my dermatologist did not believe me. That was in October 2007. She said I had to wait a month between Ivermectin doses. I saw another dermatologist in early November and was retreated with Ivermectin. I had a check up with the same dermatologist in December before heading home for the holidays. He said everything was fine. Over the holidays, the itching resumed in force. I returned home (Paris) in early January and saw another dermatologist. This time, he recommended that I think about seeing a psychiatrist for delusions of parasitosis. He refused to give me another treatment of Ivermectin. Then after 2 more weeks of needless suffering, I finally saw another dermatologist in early February, who FINALLY believed me since I had well pronounced lines running all across my hands at this point (track marks). I insisted he give me two doses of Ivermectin, which he did, in addition to giving me SPREGAL, a topical treatment. I combined that with a diluted bleach bath and AM FINALLY cured of this horrible crap. The moral of the story is this: there is a new resistant strain of scabies that is becoming hard to treat with Ivermectin. Doctors are slow to catch on. I don't want other suffers to go through what I did - 7 months of hell.
Look people, these online creams and oils WILL NOT WORK. Scabies requires medical attention. See a doctor and insist that he give you Ivermectin.
Best,
TT
Sam

Sonora, CA

#35 Mar 13, 2008
Hi Expert, thanks for sharing your story and the info on Spregal. It comes in liquid spray and a lotion, the spray is interesting because it might penetrate the skin better than the creams available here in the US. I'm wondering if your doc suggested the diluted bleach baths?

But to say that other people's experiences is pure crap is a very narrow minded view. I agree with you that there are different strains of scabies out there. You were just lucky enough to get an easy strain and a very mild case (track marks on your hands). I'm not sure what you mean by online creams and oils. Most of us ordered online scabicides because it can take up to 3 months to get an appointment with a dermatologist here in the US, sad but true. Most people on this board have been to multiple doctors.
janetinnyc

Orlando, FL

#36 Mar 22, 2008
Thanks,Expert. Similar story. Infected since June. One doctor out of 7 willing to treat aggressively--but with an end-point. The bugs were not informed of this end-point. Like most of us here, I have ordered ivermectin as well as other topicals online. I will google for Spregal.
Scabies3

United States

#37 Mar 22, 2008
janetinnyc wrote:
Thanks,Expert. Similar story. Infected since June. One doctor out of 7 willing to treat aggressively--but with an end-point. The bugs were not informed of this end-point. Like most of us here, I have ordered ivermectin as well as other topicals online. I will google for Spregal.
Janet: order some horse paste online. mix it with aloe vera gel (from walmart). you can use that full body topical.

Since: Mar 08

Pompano Beach, FL

#38 Mar 23, 2008
steph wrote:
hi, i need people's help... me and my boyfriend have been itching for the last 3-4months... he went to the docs and they brushed it off as bed mites or something so we spent a fortune on stuff for that and nothing happened... we both went and they said we had scabies... they gave us Derbac M. you cover your body in it for 24hours then wash it off and the same again a week later. we did this and we're still scratching... i am not allowed to work until im totally cured and i cant afford to take any more time off work... plus, im covered in scabs and blood is always on the bed covers from itching at night. please somebody help me, coz it is actually driving me mad. and you read about these people who have had it for years and i couldnt cope with it. please help. thank you!!
Had for 3mos and now are down to 1-2spots.
We found one product helped the itch and the eruptions under control-from the Dermisil.com site the liquid 8 drops you put it in a bath for 20-30min, then you can put it on full strength for spot treatments. They also have a cream but it is very strong w/sulfer 10% but very helpful. We also make our own brews used in shower turn water off cover entire body head to toe leave on 5-10min or more babyshampoo no tears about just over a half cup add 4-8 drops neem oil (health food store about $8), TeaTreeOil4-6drops 100%(health food store about $8-10 they say you can get it at Walmart for $4-5), LavenderOil100% double to triple drops of neem, stir well put on entire body to every crack work into and under nails(important)finger & toes. We also painted ourselves between sulfer treatments when skin was too burned with a home made wash of essentially the same additives as w/the baby shampoo only replacing it with water and applying it to the body with a hair paint brush, another was replace the shampoo w/cocoa butter shea(suave body lotion)w/5-8-10% Flowers of sulpher(from compounding pharmacy $8) to help your skin between sulfer treatments wo the sulfur. Best help was limit the space you use in your hse, use air matress and hard surface areas avoid carpets. Use borax in laundry and sprinkle dry everywhere. Get vinyl pillow covers-put pillow in dryer on high for 30min ev day. Another home remedy we actualy picked up from a man treating his dog w/the mange which is a sarcoptic mite also. USe nitril gloves for laundry and treating one another wo fail. This is contagious if you don't treat it as contagious you will prolong the infestation. We learned the hard way not understanding what this mite is capable of surviving. Check the forum and pick & choose what fits BEST your situation. Best of luck to you in your battle w/the pesty mites.
thiscrapsux

Stockton, CA

#39 Mar 25, 2008
I got scabies from WALMART!!!!! I tried on a bra from there....and a few days later, several red bumps all over my chest. Since then I have paid out ohh....somewhere in the ball park of $500 trying to get rid of these little buggers.....I have no insurance.....been to the doctor and through 6 tubes of permetherin as well as about 9 bottles of permetherin spray, millions of loads of laundry, even abandoned my house for two weeks hoping theyd all die after a treatment of permetherin....nope, still goin in FORCE.....I ordered Ivermectin, but it takes like 2 weeks for delivery. In the mean time Im miserable...im going to try the bleach bath. I've also found that a bottle cap from like a glass beer bottle works well to scratch with....its very soothing but it doesnt tear my skin like my nails........funny thing is no one else in the house is getting them....just ME
Casey

Perth, Australia

#40 Mar 25, 2008
Hi guys

Using bleach for baths. that sounds a bit unsafe. Okay i am thinking of the bleach used for cleaning floors....

what kind of bleach do you all recommend?

Regards, Casey
casey

Kansas City, MO

#41 Mar 26, 2008
Please note that there seems to be 2 casey's. I am the lower case casey that recommended Aloe Vera use. Just wanted to clear any confusion
thiscrapsux

Stockton, CA

#42 Mar 26, 2008
I tried it. I didnt die...the bleach that is.I did smell a bit bleachy though, even though I rinsed in the shower afterwards.
Casey

Perth, Australia

#43 Mar 27, 2008
thiscrapsux wrote:
I tried it. I didnt die...the bleach that is.I did smell a bit bleachy though, even though I rinsed in the shower afterwards.
This is my second day doing the bleach bath using Borax with hydrogen peroxide (3%) and adding a bit of epsom salt with tea tree oil. It made a huge difference compared to using just tea tree oil and epsom salt. Using Pinetarsol or Eurax as recommended by my doc didn't not work. As a result of this, i still itch a little but this is only if i am out in the sun or at night from 3 am and thru in the morning....

-Casey
ellen

Tuscaloosa, AL

#44 Mar 27, 2008
I would like to share my scabies story as
I hope that you all will find some information useful.
I noticed random bumps which I thought were mosquito bites, 2-3 everyday for a week, and was able to see a dermatologist the next day. I was treated once with permethrin because the doctor was unsure of my condition. I continued to itch and notice other bumps for about 6 days after that and then had no new bites for another week. Then I was reinfested,(or possibly never cured in the first place) and this time the bumps were in the classic scabies places, not random like before, and it was confirmed with a scraping.
I was treated the second time with permethrin 3 nights in a row and also one dose of ivermectin pills. Once again I continued to have new bites for a few days, and then itched for about 3 weeks, but was cured.
What I did for my environment:
-mattress and pillows in a dust mite allergy cover used only sheets changing them everyday.
-vaccumed, put borax on my carpets, and then put down painter's drop cloths for a walking path. I left the borax on the carpet for 3 days.
A pathologist friend of mine said that lysol will kill mites on hard surfaces, so I lysoled and bleached all surfaces as often as possible. I also lysoled the mattress cover every time I changed the sheets. I also used lysol heavily on my shoes and car.
-used ziploc freezer bags for my laundry. All clothes were washed on hot with borax and then put in a bag labeled with the date... just incase anything could have survived the wash I waited a week before I took it out of the bag to wear.

Also, I found tea tree oil to be of no help and don't know if the garlic I was taking was helpful either.
martyy

Nelson, Canada

#45 Mar 28, 2008
thease things are drivin me crazy as well... iv had em fer bout 6 months now.. i got the kwell cream and it worked but 2 weeks later i got it again.. and again ang again and again.. i have been goinn back and fourth with with fer to long!
iv had to do at least 10 rr 13 treatmesnts of comp[letly covering my body.. but still ahve the mites
obivously i keep commin in contact with some one... so best adveice i guesse is to isolate yurselfs cuz thast what i need to do now thsi is fuckin crazy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ScabiesBGone lotion ?? 8 hr iwantemgone2 9
How did I get rid of scabies in three seconds (Oct '11) 8 hr iwantemgone2 479
tria home laser-zapped them dead (Oct '10) 9 hr iwantemgone2 35
Where can I get Benzyl Benzoate for Skin (Oct '09) Mon jacksonvillescabies 19
I've had scabies for 4 years! (Apr '11) Mon jacksonvillescabies 30
Rodent Mites? (Mar '10) Mon SimianDroog 18
urine therapy Mon real indian 1
More from around the web