how do i get rid of scabies once and ...
Annie

United States

#4196 Feb 21, 2014
I would say definitely see another dr because it does sound like it could be scabies especially if you're seeing little scratches which are the burrows showing from just beneath the skin's surface and my 14 yr old son and I both had burrows on our faces and had them on our scalps and you wouldn't believe how many people in this forum have had their dr tell them "scabies don't travel above the neck".
I read about research done in Australia on scabies that have infested some of the coastal Aboriginal tribes there and it's common that they get them above the neck in the coastal areas. I'm sure by now those mites are all over the world. The dr's in Australia are well aware that they go above the neck.
I've heard of people who go to their drs and get diagnosed with scabies and their dr refuses to prescribe enough of the permethrin cream to treat the other members of the household! Even the CDC says that ALL family members and anyone who you've had close contact with should be treated. Just because someone doesn't have symptoms doesn't mean they don't have scabies.
Some people go for almost a year with on again off again strange rashes and a little itching here & there and can't figure out what it is, then after as long as 7 months, it becomes full blown and they go to the dr and figure out they've had it all along. And there's been research done to find out if scabies have a way of modulating their host's immune system and they have learned that they CAN in fact do just that. It makes sense that a parasite could modulate a host's immune system because if they go undetected then they obviously can increase their numbers on the host. Sadly most drs here don't know near enough about scabies to help patients.
In the meantime, before you get to see the new dr, you might want to try sulfur soap to help kill some of them off, It can be hard to find tho, hopefully you're in a larger city with lots of drugstores. Call around and ask. You can order it from amazon too. The one I use from amazon is called "scabies soap" that also has tea tree oil in it. It usually gets to me in the mail within 2-3 days of ordering it. However, I got them off all of my body using the soap everyday within about 2 weeks except for my hands :( no matter how often I applied it to my hands/fingers I could not get rid of them there BUT my 14 yr old son did get rid of his scabies with this soap so you may not have the same problem I did. Amazon also sells one that has lanolin added to it- the lanolin helps to skin from drying out.
Wash with your regular soap each day, then lather up with sulfur soap and don't rinse off, pat dry gently but try not to remove much of the lather- spread the damp spots around on your skin and you'll dry quicker and you can use the blow dryer too. Wash it off each day before re-applying and you might want to replace your normal soap with a moisturizing one to help ward off the
I went to a dermatologist, and he promised me i didnt have scabies, i beg to differ. I have all the signs if it, and when he looked at a burrow he said it was to long of a scratch to be a burrow. Then he said i would just need to use the permetherin one time, from neck down. I would have to use it more then one time! I also think they are on my face, even the regular dr said i would have to use it in my hair, and on my face. I need some advice if you can.
mochahontas

Lake Charles, LA

#4197 Feb 21, 2014
im dark complected with dark spots now little white pimple like bubbles are on my wrist it looks like scabies, this mess needs to not get worse help !!!!
Worried mum

Singapore, Singapore

#4198 Feb 23, 2014
sosadsodesperateinil wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you get someone out to spray/treat your house for scabies mites? I've called Orkin and Terminix ....they told me they don't treat homes for that since its a medical problem, not a pest problem. Wish I could find a pest control place that would do that.
. Hi, I am in Singapore. They have pest busters. The company I used was called 1800nopests.com SG. They sprayed the whole house. Made me feel better anyway.
happened to me

Oslo, Norway

#4199 Feb 23, 2014
hey everybody, i am a crazy guy, but this is what i did when i got scabies. scabies is an acarian, so is an insect, so how do u kill an insect? u poison it. well the poison they use for it in pharmacy doesent really works cuz it doesent kill them on your clothes and beddings.
so my reasoning was this, if i have a problem with an insec i use bug spray, why not on this one. so i took all my clothes that i weared, and beddings and spray them with lots of bug spray. then i used it on me. i remind u, i am crazy, but it worked, i still scratched for a few days until all the blisters and everything started to dry but i dont scratch any more. one tip i wanna give u. use some vaseline to protect ur senzitive areas, like genitals cuz it burns. i put that stuff for 5 mintutes then took a shower. cheep and effective

i must say Dont try this at home unless ur crazy like me.

DIE SCABIES

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#4200 Feb 23, 2014
Worried mum wrote:
<quoted text>. Hi, I am in Singapore. They have pest busters. The company I used was called 1800nopests.com SG. They sprayed the whole house. Made me feel better anyway.
Did it help get rid of them? There is no one here in at least Illinois that I know of that will do it. Did you tell them what it was for?
worried mom

United States

#4201 Feb 24, 2014
itchy Green wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Annie ive returned to the form looking for people like you.. Ive successfully gotten rid of scabies.I mixed water and bleach in a spray bottle 60 bleach 40 water.. If you cant wash ur bedding daily then when u wake up.. Spray your entire bed and the floor around ur bed with the mix after you wake and again before you get in bed at nite. I actually sprayed my entire body from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet with the mix because contrary to belief they can and will go in your head..the mix didnot affect my head, hair or skin in any way other than to kill the mites. They do hatch daily depending on when they were laid so you have to repeat this a few times a day for at least a week i did it for 3 weeks just to be on the safe side. Towards the end you dont have to spray your body more than a few times daily but continue to spray bed after snd before you get in..I smelled like bleach for about a week or two but trust me i'd smell like it for a year gladly to have gotten rid of those pest.. I turned to this form in the beginning and got mixed answers about using the bleach.. But i thought what the hell id try anything and by God it worked#!!
my daughter got scabies from daycare she is only two years old!!! Help me please I need all the advice I can get
worried mom

United States

#4202 Feb 24, 2014
bran0406 wrote:
(had to break post up, it was too long) I seriously thought we were dealing with some new mite or whatever until we got some under the microscope at the health dept, and was shocked that they actually were scabies. I don't think everyone has these, but as massively as I have seen them spread here in 8 months, I do believe they are spreading very rapidly, and that this needs to be taken seriously. I plan to contact the medias' investigation teams here soon, and pass along the evidence I have been gathering, they have many more resources available to them than I do. I have waged an all out war on these little mites!! I know how crazy I sound! LOL, I truly do, but I also know what I have seen. I also think these can lay dormant in a person until something flares them up, stress or whatever, and the person not know it.. I do consider myself an educated person, and this has absolutely blown my mind. My sister is a nurse practitioner, and it has blown her mind... She has worked for 20 yrs now in the medical community... I have an ADN, and my husband and I both have been in the military for long time... I know what I have seen, what we both have seen, and I am a very determined person!!:)
You are completely right though, people need to be very careful in what they use and what they mix up, myself included.. I have small ones and a dog in the home. I know pets do transmit these, I don't think they are the host, but I know they sure do travel through them. It took us taking very drastic measures, and limiting virtually all outside contact to learn what we have learned. I think others would see that I am right if they found a way to do the same. We treated 4 times total with permethrin, and always thought that killed them, the dots and symptoms on the babies would go away, but it didn't. I don't think that killed the first one! You seriously can see these by coating body in olive oil (just recently learned that) or white lotion, and using a black light. I thought that was wrong, because everyone of us was absolutely covered! We saw these come out of our body using dawn initially, and we all looked like we were having allergic reaction to the dawn.. I have heard many say that and stop using the dawn... It worked, but wasn't feasible to continue using. The young, elderly, and those who have weakened immune systems show symptoms in vastly shorter times than a healthy person.. And the manifestation of symptoms in everyone is very different..

what exactly did u use on ur babies and how long did it take to be free of tge scabies
Worried mum

Singapore, Singapore

#4203 Feb 24, 2014
<quoted text>
Did it help get rid of them? There is no one here in at least Illinois that I know of that will do it. Did you tell them what it was for?
Hi, yes I did tell them. Not sure how effective on scabies but a whole lot of other things have dropped on the floor!!!,,,,,,,

So the scabies, well it looked like it had gone then one track appeared on my daughters leg. So now we found out that it is recommended that permethrin is applied every week until all spots and callouses are gone. Dr found that on his Internet. I have also now got the Zentel or Albendezole Anti Parasite from him for her.
Worried mum

Singapore, Singapore

#4204 Feb 24, 2014
bran0406 wrote:
JustGotem, I agree with you wholeheartedly about people needing to be careful with what they use! People do need to be very careful in using neurotoxins from doctors as well as home remedies, the long term effects could be much worse! I do know antihistimines help with reactions very well! I also believe that these mites have "evolved" (I don't believe in evolution, though that is a whole other subject), and they have adapted for their survival. The current info the cdc, as well as the medical community is outdated, and the treatments don't work. These have become resistant to them. I think they live much longer than before off of a host, I think they spread much more easily, and I think many people have these much longer without showing symptoms. I have found that these cause different reactions in everybody, and symptoms manifest in many ways that wouldn't be linked to a mite! We were absolutely covered, and did not know it! No itching, no skin rashes, nothing, and I have seen the symptoms that manifested in our baby, who is now 11 months... I know we had these for 8 months, from when my sister moved here from Missouri, and I know it about takes an act of God to get them out of the home.. I am very OCD, and a huge germ a phobe, and I about flipped when discovering we had so many mites under our skin. We drastically went from no reactions to very severe reactions in very short time, couple weeks, actually in less than 2 weeks! And that is everyone in our house! I also believe these now jump, regardless of what people say! I don't think it would take much research for this to be discovered...
It is a very scary thought to think of what would happen if these become capable of transmitting diseases... The black plague was spread from fleas and mites on rats... That is not that far fetched of a possibility...
Thank you for your advice, checked with Dr again as daughter had new track. Now have Albendazole for her and off to buy Dawn which thankfully they do sell in SG. Fed up though. Steam cleaned that apartment, fumigated the Apartment, washed and ironed everything so the only place she could have got a loose scabies mite from was a box of papers we stored for the fumigation. That was TWO weeks ago. As Dr said they survive on flesh and as we wear cool clothes here the flesh drops of easily!! So out with the Dyson again and back to square one. I must say though that I add Turmeric and Cayene pepper as well as Garlic to EVERYTHING we eat as theses have anti parasitic properties.
Worried mum

Singapore, Singapore

#4205 Feb 24, 2014
<quoted text>
Try thesehttp://www.bbb.org/chicag o/accredited-business-director y/mobile/fumigation-services/c hicago-il
umathr

Flint, MI

#4206 Feb 25, 2014
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, this permetherin 5% is not working to good still have itching. How long should i keep the borax, and peroxide on for?
I think the best and most safest and very effective, is a solution made up of baking soda and water. Two table spoons of baking soda in two cups of water stir well. Do not put to much baking soda in or you will clog the sprayer. This works very well and is safe. You do not have to wash every day sheets n stuff if you spray the sheets pillow. This solution will keep your environment free of scabies. Although scabies can not survive
off of the human body, they are not looking to get off. Get organic aloe gel. Apply it to the effected areas, this is also inexpensive and it works, also safe. I use sulfur soap and aloe gel, I work them in and leave them on. Not at the same time One day sulfur soap next day aloe. This really works for me, it is very effective
umathr

Flint, MI

#4207 Feb 25, 2014
Mindy9900 wrote:
Hi, last month I start having horrible itch on my neck and chest area. It was itching like crazy, especially at night. It drove me crazy. My neck and chest area was all red and ugly looking. I was lucky that when it happened it was winter so I could hide it with a turtle neck. Boy was I embarrassed or what… I take 2 showers a day and an extremely clean person. So I am not sure how that could happen. My Doctor told me that it was scabies and prescribed a cream that was almost $80 and I have no insurance. Then I searched on line for a home made cure. I read all the suggestions and tried almost every single one of them including taking extremely hot baths, using bleach, oils etc… Nothing worked. Then someone mentioned boric acid and lotion combination. By the way I thank the person who posted that. So I bought a 1 Lb ROACH AWAY powder by Enoz from Walmart. I paid only $2.97. Then I bought a hand lotion from Dollar tree for only $1. Then in a hair coloring bowl I mixed about 2 table spoon powder of the Roach Away Boric Acid with some hand lotion.(You can use any bowl if you really) I made it like a soft paste, almost like a hair color powder mix. I used a hair coloring brush and put it on my neck and chest only. I left it on for about 30 minutes and took a shower. I am 100% cleared. I did NOTt any more problems ever since. Now, I am NOT 100% sure if I was just allergic to something that’s why I itching or if this combination really worked. You can try it if you want. All you can lose is $2.97. It is very well worth trying. I would like hear if it works for you. Good luck.
Please look at my post above read it.

Location hidden

#4208 Feb 25, 2014
Worried mum wrote:
<quoted text>
Try thesehttp://www.bbb.org/chicag o/accredited-business-director y/mobile/fumigation-services/c hicago-il
Thank you wm......but unfortunately I don't live anywhere near Chicago...that is like 4+hours away...I'm more close to St.Louis,MO.....but even then....where we live....no place will come here because of the distance.:( Going to the derm today...wish me luck. Hope everything goes okay for you and your daughter!
Annie

United States

#4209 Feb 25, 2014
Im suprised these things aren't everywhere.
Worried mum

Singapore, Singapore

#4210 Feb 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Thank you wm......but unfortunately I don't live anywhere near Chicago...that is like 4+hours away...I'm more close to St.Louis,MO.....but even then....where we live....no place will come here because of the distance.:( Going to the derm today...wish me luck. Hope everything goes okay for you and your daughter!
Thank you, well I managed to find DAWN after traipsing a fe shops. Had a bath after applying, found two black line like smears on the side of the bath after water went out. Wondered if this was mites. My husband has now tried the DAWN this morning. Couldn't see any black dots in bath or after. He had permethrin on yesterday but has some unsealed spots! quite a few actually so it will be interesting to see how this works. In the meantime I see the post about baking soda and water. Maybe a concoctions sprayed around your house with a spry of insecticide like ' Bygone' might make you feel better. All I have learnt through this is to be consistent and keep going. Whatever you do it is better than no, whether it is bleach, Dawn, boiling vacuuming, spices it all helps to prevent further infestation. But one thing is for sure. If you leave it it will turn into Norwegian scabies. Yuk. So onwards and upwards. Wish they were all healed so we know they are gone for good. I keep thinking I am missing so etching simple so keep coming back to gain more knowledge from people on this page.
cindy t

Asia/Pacific Region

#4212 Feb 27, 2014
This is probably too late of a post, but sulphur helped a great deal. Of course we'd have to go through the routine of either freezing or heating everything (and yes, wash all your clothes, even if you haven't worn them recently). I applied 5 tsp of unscented/mildly scented lotion/cream + 1/2 tsp of sulphur. Apply the mixture directly after bath (as your pores would still be open) all over your body, even the unaffected areas.
This worked for me after weeks and weeks of failed creams and pills. Scabies went away in 3 days. I still have the scars though. This method may cause you to smell a little medicated which may put ppl off, so its best if you stayed indoors.

Since: Feb 14

Liberty, KY

#4214 Mar 1, 2014
if sulpher and permethrin doesn't seem to help you, and symptoms seem to go away just briefly, but crawling sensations and bite marks and everything seem to be worse when they return, really may wanna consider it possibly being a fungal infection or something, i know we had scabies, and then for over month thought we were dealing with resistant scabies, until we bought a microscope, but turns out we quickly got rid of the scabies with permethrin used 4 days apart and good cleaning, but the infections we had left bite marks and burrows (at least that is what it looked like), and scratches would quickly come up.. it literally looked like a ghost was standing there cutting us w piece of paper! taking antibiotics took the crawling sensations away quickly! it has only been 2 wks, so in no way can i say we are cured, but i definitely know we are not dealing w scabies(me and my family) anymore.. and we are learning on our feet.. just suggestion to those who permethrin and sulpher seem to be making worse..

Since: Feb 14

Spring Valley, CA

#4216 Mar 4, 2014
Bran...short of going to a Dr...do you know .what will work for a fugal infection? Do you know of any alternative things instead of an RX? Did Marc talk about that on his Morgellans web site? I've still not had the time to read it like you have, so I'm hoping he did and you know what he suggests.Tomorrow will again be really busy, so I won't have much time for reading for a few days yet. BTW did you read about Dr. Clark's machine for getting rid of parasites? What did you think of it?
Bruce

Waterboro, ME

#4220 Mar 13, 2014
worried mom wrote:
<quoted text>
my daughter got scabies from daycare she is only two years old!!! Help me please I need all the advice I can get
To see what worked for me as well as for others, and what will be a safe and relatively gentle method of treatment for your daughter, including several tips that I think you will find useful, go to the thread entitled, "Removing Scabies from your Environment" and go to Page 11. Or just click on:

http://www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies/T7B...

Then scroll down to and read my Post #221 and my next 5 Posts -#222 through #225 and #227.

Location hidden

#4221 Mar 15, 2014
Bruce...are you cured or still have scabies? How long have/did you have them? Regular or other animal scabies? Any other advise on what to do would be helpful! Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How does Ivermectin work exactly? (Mar '11) 11 hr Laroc17 132
Happy Jack's Kennel Dip II (Sep '11) 15 hr Derrell 21
Deet for scabies? (Jun '13) 15 hr Derrell 13
Scabies Clinical Trials Details United States Thu aes 10
Crawling, bumps, itching. (Sep '07) Thu Leelee 14
Beating scabies Wed aes 2
What is the life cycle of the scabie? Wed Laroc17 2
More from around the web