how do i get rid of scabies once and ...

Since: Feb 14

London, KY

#4172 Feb 13, 2014
Katee wrote:
<quoted text>
OH NO!! not you! No no no, there was a post from someone else who was attacking you, she's from Hollywood FL and she's a menace on the forums. It was erased by the admin here so my post back in response to hers now doesn't make sense, and it was my mistake that I didnt hit the reply on her post to grab it so people could see what I was replying to. I get lazy about that some times. OH Heck no, you haven't done anything!!!!! And I was trying to come to your defense, but it doesn't look that way and doesn't make sense because you can't see what that person had posted since they erased it.
lol, thank you! i didn't get upset, either way, just definitely didn't want to offend anyone, at least not on purpose.. i wish i had read what she wrote, if for no other reason than to get a little chuckle, my husband and i laugh at many things where people get all bent out of shape because someone has a different opinion than them.

i just went back to work this week, so between that, the kids, and keeping these blasted mites out of our home, and staying on top the state health dept, i don't have much time to get on here.. hopefully they will act sooner than later though
Annie

United States

#4173 Feb 14, 2014
I have noticed rashes on my knees, face, arms, and scratches, from no where. I know i have scabies, my doctor doesent think to seem i have it, so im going to another doctor, because i know my own body. I need some advice if i can get it, i dont think i can wash everything everyday, i live in a small apartment alone. Im praying that no one close to me gets it. I cant believe how uneducated doctors are about this. Help!
mark vs

Bloomington, IL

#4174 Feb 14, 2014
The cap on a bleach container is about 3/4 inch deep and 5 to 7 caps doesn't seem like much in a full bath tub. Is that the cap that you're referring to? Could you translate it into ounces so I could just use a measuring cup?
mark vs

Bloomington, IL

#4175 Feb 14, 2014
Currently not able to buy new recliner, couch, loveseat, so looking for effective product(S) to eradicate scabies (and maybe cheyletiella mites) from our fabric furniture (It is not smooth leather-type furniture). I want something that might permeate deep into fabric, not just sprayed on the surface.

Since: Feb 14

Seattle, WA

#4176 Feb 15, 2014
Can you just cover it in plastic and avoid for a week?
Annie

United States

#4177 Feb 15, 2014
Does anyone have any advice for me?
so sick of this

Cabot, AR

#4178 Feb 15, 2014
Annie wrote:
I would say definitely see another dr because it does sound like it could be scabies especially if you're seeing little scratches which are the burrows showing from just beneath the skin's surface and my 14 yr old son and I both had burrows on our faces and had them on our scalps and you wouldn't believe how many people in this forum have had their dr tell them "scabies don't travel above the neck".

I read about research done in Australia on scabies that have infested some of the coastal Aboriginal tribes there and it's common that they get them above the neck in the coastal areas. I'm sure by now those mites are all over the world. The dr's in Australia are well aware that they go above the neck.

I've heard of people who go to their drs and get diagnosed with scabies and their dr refuses to prescribe enough of the permethrin cream to treat the other members of the household! Even the CDC says that ALL family members and anyone who you've had close contact with should be treated. Just because someone doesn't have symptoms doesn't mean they don't have scabies.

Some people go for almost a year with on again off again strange rashes and a little itching here & there and can't figure out what it is, then after as long as 7 months, it becomes full blown and they go to the dr and figure out they've had it all along. And there's been research done to find out if scabies have a way of modulating their host's immune system and they have learned that they CAN in fact do just that. It makes sense that a parasite could modulate a host's immune system because if they go undetected then they obviously can increase their numbers on the host. Sadly most drs here don't know near enough about scabies to help patients.

In the meantime, before you get to see the new dr, you might want to try sulfur soap to help kill some of them off, It can be hard to find tho, hopefully you're in a larger city with lots of drugstores. Call around and ask. You can order it from amazon too. The one I use from amazon is called "scabies soap" that also has tea tree oil in it. It usually gets to me in the mail within 2-3 days of ordering it. However, I got them off all of my body using the soap everyday within about 2 weeks except for my hands :( no matter how often I applied it to my hands/fingers I could not get rid of them there BUT my 14 yr old son did get rid of his scabies with this soap so you may not have the same problem I did. Amazon also sells one that has lanolin added to it- the lanolin helps to skin from drying out.

Wash with your regular soap each day, then lather up with sulfur soap and don't rinse off, pat dry gently but try not to remove much of the lather- spread the damp spots around on your skin and you'll dry quicker and you can use the blow dryer too. Wash it off each day before re-applying and you might want to replace your normal soap with a moisturizing one to help ward off the dryness that the sulfur soap can cause. If you start getting really dried out, do it every other day and you can also apply a thin body lotion on top of the sulfur lather when it's dried.
so sick of this

Cabot, AR

#4179 Feb 15, 2014
Annie wrote:
I forgot to add if you've got them on your face, you'll have to put the sulfur lather there and you probably have them in your hair too.

You can get some tea tree oil from the pharmacy (our walmart has it) health food/supplement stores also sell it -add about a tablespoon of it to your shampoo and to your conditioner. If your shampoo or conditioner doesn't feel tingly when you put it on, add a little more of the tea tree oil until it does. Shampoo your hair and leave the shampoo on while you wash with soap, shave legs, wash face etc, the longer the better-you get the picture. Then each night before bed, apply the conditioner to damp hair, leave on all night and sleep in a shower cap. Wash out the conditioner each morning if you have to go somewhere and style hair as usual. If you're not going anywhere, leaving it on as long as possible is best. Be sure to work the tea tree shampoo and conditioner into ears, behind ears, and all hairline areas or you can use a q-tip dipped in the sulfur soap lather and do ears, behind ears. My son and I both had them just inside of our nose, so we put a little sulfur lather inside our nostrils too.
cured12

Wichita Falls, TX

#4180 Feb 15, 2014
Here's the real problem with scabies: You can have them for a long while before you even know it AND the treatment causes a skin reaction with the same symptoms of scabies. The key to beating it is trusting that the treatment from your doctor worked, because you are going to continue to get new bumps and they are going to itch for over a month afterwards.
Don't waste your time and money with all of the over the counter stuff, and supposed home remedies. Just use the doctor prescribed meds twice, one week apart, and wash everything in hot water. Lysol all hard surfaces, vacuum and continue to do so for two weeks straight-daily.
If you have pets, treat them. Although it is true that the human scabies and the dog scabies aren't the same, it is also true that the human scabies will jump on pets and bite them for a certain period of time. Then we they realize they aren't on a human host, they go in search of one. Then you get scabies again.
Treat pets, treat yourself, and WHILE the meds are on you, clean deeply. Repeat process of medication a week later, and then wait. The waiting is the hard part, because you are going to feel creepy crawly, and you are going to get red bumps that itch and you are going to SWEAR you still have scabies. But if you treat from head to toe and you dip your animals from head to toe, and if you actually clean well enough and wash your clothes and bedding and vacuum, you ARE going to kill the scabies.
If you have had them before, you are going to catch them more easily than someone has not. The CDC says so. So if you follow doctors orders and still get scabies again, odds are the problem isn't that nothing gets rid of them, but that you are coming into contact with someone that has them still. For some people their signs are obvious: burrows around the fingers and such, but some people their signs are a little more hidden like in their groin area. So you could be hanging with someone infected and never even realize it.
Scabies are super bugs. Unless you have the crusted kind, you don't have millions of them on you and they can't survive off of you for weeks on end or multiply without being on a host. So they aren't lurking about in every corner of your home waiting to attack. It just seems that way because the treatment is going to make you itch and break out.
But when the doctor says treat head to toe, he/she means it. Don't go skimping, thinking that surely they aren't here or there. If you do, then you will never be able to trust the treatment. Treat, clean and then most importantly, trust. If you quit over-treating and jacking up your skin, for a period of a month, you will find that your itching ceases, you quit getting bumps and then you know you are cured.
The psychosis of scabies is a real issue. But think reasonably. You have dust mites on your skin every day of your life, but do you feel them crawling? No. And why? Because they are microscopic. Microscopic means you CANNOT see them with your naked eye. So whatever black dots you find jumping off of you, they are NOT scabies. You feel creepy crawly because A) you know you have a mite on you and B) the medicine dries your skin out horribly and makes you itch. And another point worth making, scabies don't fly. They can only crawl. So scabies aren't flying off of you or off of someone else onto you. They can only crawl and since they are microscopic, that takes some serious time. So timing would have to be perfect for you to contract scabies from a mere handshake. Not impossible, but definitely not probable. Lice can jump. Scabies cannot. So again, when you swear you feel them hopping around, it IS in your head.
I do believe a lot of cases of scabies are misdiagnosed, and I certainly know firsthand that physicians often blow you off, but their reasoning is quite valid. For every infected person they see, they see ten others who weren't truly infected. Just trust the treatment and give it some time.
cured12

Wichita Falls, TX

#4181 Feb 15, 2014
*aren't super bugs
so sick of this

Cabot, AR

#4182 Feb 15, 2014
cured12 wrote:
*aren't super bugs
Sadly the dr prescribed meds only worked for only 2 out of the 7 people in my family that got them- and we did all the proper cleaning, bagged our furniture, vacuumed like crazy washed everything in hot/dried on hot etc. I went thru 10 tubes of perm cream and it was over a 4 month period. It didn't do anything, didn't even slow them down. My husband even helped me put the cream on just to be sure I didn't miss any areas, I had to put it on my scalp and face too. Drs don't want to admit that they are getting resistant to the perm cream. In Australia and other countries, each year their health ministry tells drs to rotate treatments in the hopes of avoiding resistance. Drs don't do that here. Some of them insist they don't go above the neck, both my son and I had burrows on our faces and had them in our hair. Even the prescribing info that came with the tubes of cream said to apply from the head down and still we have drs telling patients to apply from the neck down.
Annie

El Monte, CA

#4183 Feb 15, 2014
I was at walmart today looking for sulfer lotion, or soap, they had neither, i will get some tree oil, and i wish a doctor would tell me they dont go on ypur face, because the sure do! I got some disinfectant spray, some borax, dawn soap, and gloves, now i need to find something plastic to go ovet my bed. This is a mess! I dont even know how i got this. I also had a boil, and they took a sample, came back as mrsa. Im not even around a lot of ppl. This is just crazy, im scared im going to give it to someone close ( though i do live alone). Im also going to see a dermatologist, so that will help.

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#4184 Feb 15, 2014
Annie wrote:
I was at walmart today looking for sulfer lotion, or soap, they had neither, i will get some tree oil, and i wish a doctor would tell me they dont go on ypur face, because the sure do! I got some disinfectant spray, some borax, dawn soap, and gloves, now i need to find something plastic to go ovet my bed. This is a mess! I dont even know how i got this. I also had a boil, and they took a sample, came back as mrsa. Im not even around a lot of ppl. This is just crazy, im scared im going to give it to someone close ( though i do live alone). Im also going to see a dermatologist, so that will help.
I couldn't find any sulfur products at my walmart either, not even the 2 walgreens here had any sulfur products. I had to order mine but I did hear that some walgreens in larger cities have it.
Here's a website that I've learned a lot from about lots of different health issues, there are postings from people who cured MRSA with Turmeric

http://earthclinic.com/CURES/MRSA.html
Annie

El Monte, CA

#4185 Feb 15, 2014
The mrsa is gone, just worried about nasty scabies.
Annie

El Monte, CA

#4186 Feb 15, 2014
Im calling Walgreens now to find out.
Annie

El Monte, CA

#4187 Feb 15, 2014
Put permethrine 5% on my face, feels better already. Not cured!
mar

United States

#4188 Feb 17, 2014
I wanna know do they have any updated information about getting rid of scabies.
Bugged Out

Canyon Country, CA

#4189 Feb 17, 2014
Annie wrote:
I have noticed rashes on my knees, face, arms, and scratches, from no where. I know i have scabies, my doctor doesent think to seem i have it, so im going to another doctor, because i know my own body. I need some advice if i can get it, i dont think i can wash everything everyday, i live in a small apartment alone. Im praying that no one close to me gets it. I cant believe how uneducated doctors are about this. Help!
Consider yourself lucky that you don't live in a house full of people like I do. Since it's only you it shouldn't be too hard to wash your clothes and bedding everyday. It's really important to keep the environment clean while you treat your body. I would get a spray bottle and spray ammonia on your floor, bed, sofa, hard surfaces, etc. Get yourself a vinyl mattress cover and spray it down every day. If you have scratches that means it's scabies. They move under the skin and create scratch marks. Try rubbing generous amounts of Borax and peroxide on your whole body, brushing off the excess and leaving it on until you take a shower and do it over again. You should feel decreased activity right away. Try doing this for a week or so. Worked much better for me than all the doctor prescribed meds. Good luck.
itchy Green

United States

#4190 Feb 18, 2014
Annie wrote:
Hi Annie ive returned to the form looking for people like you.. Ive successfully gotten rid of scabies.I mixed water and bleach in a spray bottle 60 bleach 40 water.. If you cant wash ur bedding daily then when u wake up.. Spray your entire bed and the floor around ur bed with the mix after you wake and again before you get in bed at nite. I actually sprayed my entire body from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet with the mix because contrary to belief they can and will go in your head..the mix didnot affect my head, hair or skin in any way other than to kill the mites. They do hatch daily depending on when they were laid so you have to repeat this a few times a day for at least a week i did it for 3 weeks just to be on the safe side. Towards the end you dont have to spray your body more than a few times daily but continue to spray bed after snd before you get in..I smelled like bleach for about a week or two but trust me i'd smell like it for a year gladly to have gotten rid of those pest.. I turned to this form in the beginning and got mixed answers about using the bleach.. But i thought what the hell id try anything and by God it worked#!!
Annie

El Monte, CA

#4191 Feb 18, 2014
itchy Green wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Annie ive returned to the form looking for people like you.. Ive successfully gotten rid of scabies.I mixed water and bleach in a spray bottle 60 bleach 40 water.. If you cant wash ur bedding daily then when u wake up.. Spray your entire bed and the floor around ur bed with the mix after you wake and again before you get in bed at nite. I actually sprayed my entire body from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet with the mix because contrary to belief they can and will go in your head..the mix didnot affect my head, hair or skin in any way other than to kill the mites. They do hatch daily depending on when they were laid so you have to repeat this a few times a day for at least a week i did it for 3 weeks just to be on the safe side. Towards the end you dont have to spray your body more than a few times daily but continue to spray bed after snd before you get in..I smelled like bleach for about a week or two but trust me i'd smell like it for a year gladly to have gotten rid of those pest.. I turned to this form in the beginning and got mixed answers about using the bleach.. But i thought what the hell id try anything and by God it worked#!!
That sounds like a good idea, but if i sprayed it on my head, and carpet, wouldnt it turn colors? I will spray my body with it, they are on my face, making me sick. I tried permetherin 5% and it helped some, but of course didnt get rid of them, i also use borax, and i try to spray lysol everywhere. Im scared to touch anything, just hoping they are not everywhere. Thanks for the advice, if you have anymore please tell me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
25$ money back guarentee scabies treatment 10 hr riverliver 2
News Scabies Is Highly Contagious (Mar '06) Tue sanfranciscojim1 7,288
Ivermectin (Stromectol) dosage (Jan '09) Tue wannaemgone2 96
Cheap do it yourself kit for scabies. Tue wannaemgone2 16
unexpected cure "I don't understand why" (Dec '11) Tue wannaemgone2 24
Norwegian crusted scabies Tue wannaemgone2 15
Two Scary Scabies videos Tue Tesla Walton 5
More from around the web