how do i get rid of scabies once and ...
bran0406

London, KY

#4153 Feb 3, 2014
that is interesting JanaDel.. no, i have not seen that, though i would like to see that.. would be even better to see this under a microscope.. we currently don't have any on us, and hopefully won't again, but if we do, i could pull them out w the oil, and use white gloves to see more easily, and put one in dawn, and actually several different things, like bleach, alcohol, permethrin, Lysol... etc.. and see.. very interesting..
dynubis

Fort Collins, CO

#4154 Feb 6, 2014
evangelist akins wrote:
I know this might sound crazy;however, Ive worked in a nursing home for 9 years, and I know all about Scabies.To treat them I would run a bath (as you usually would) Take bleach(of any kind)and place about 5-7 caps full in the bath.The bleach is deluted in by the water,so you won't have to worry about it being too strong.Take a bath as you normally do. The bleach may dry your skin and may be a little harsh on your skin;however the itching will cease and the scabies will be gone. Do this a couple of times (at night)
have you ever used this personally? and was that all that they did to treat scabies? was washing cloths and bedding neccesary?
Bugged Out

Canyon Country, CA

#4155 Feb 7, 2014
bran0406 wrote:
peroxide n borax together sounds like really bad ideal! seems like that would burn n could potentially give yourself chemical burns..
this has been one of the best websites i have come across.. highly recommend!
http://mitetreatments.com/morgellons-disease/
If you want to keep your mites then don't try it. Borax won't hurt at all and you will just get a little tingling after applying peroxide. Peroxide is an oxidizer so mites can't become resistant to them. I have put both of these treatments on my children without a problem. They are much safer than the doctor prescribed neurotoxins that don't work.

Since: Feb 14

London, KY

#4156 Feb 7, 2014
Bugged Out wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to keep your mites then don't try it. Borax won't hurt at all and you will just get a little tingling after applying peroxide. Peroxide is an oxidizer so mites can't become resistant to them. I have put both of these treatments on my children without a problem. They are much safer than the doctor prescribed neurotoxins that don't work.
i didn't try borax and peroxide, but did put peroxide in bathwater that i had Epsom salt in.. very very stupid! lol, got lit up for sure from it, but further reading, i see why you do it and why borax wouldn't burn w peroxide.. the pH of the Epsom salt is acidic, and borax is much more alkaline.. i was wrong on this.. though we aren't doing these baths, please check out shaums microbiology thread and cheap ideas.. would love to know what you think and if u would be willing to test the body pH theory also.. we definitely are going to cause we have gotten them out of house and off of us, but needed a way to repel.. i went more in depth w what we have seen in just 15 hrs w this... thank u for ur info!

London, KY

#4158 Feb 7, 2014
http://www.rense.com/1.mpicons/acidalka.htm

awesome site that lists foods pH level! very very excited about this! 15 hrs into this body pH level thing, and this seriously is 1st time in weeks my husband hasn't felt anything on him! we were actually about to put all furniture out n plastic on everything, but today i am finally going to start putting the house back together, pre scabies nightmare!
Mama

United States

#4160 Feb 9, 2014
steph wrote:
hi, i need people's help... me and my boyfriend have been itching for the last 3-4months... he went to the docs and they brushed it off as bed mites or something so we spent a fortune on stuff for that and nothing happened... we both went and they said we had scabies... they gave us Derbac M. you cover your body in it for 24hours then wash it off and the same again a week later. we did this and we're still scratching... i am not allowed to work until im totally cured and i cant afford to take any more time off work... plus, im covered in scabs and blood is always on the bed covers from itching at night. please somebody help me, coz it is actually driving me mad. and you read about these people who have had it for years and i couldnt cope with it. please help. thank you!!
permethrin worked wonders for us
harpreet

Delhi, India

#4161 Feb 11, 2014
Hi
Just use permethrin cream all over your body with calamine lotion at night and flutinex cream with calamine in the morning.
Me also facing the same problem and this treatment will definitely give you some relief. And I can recommend you the medicines as well if you want which will decrease your itching.
kit

Canton, OH

#4162 Feb 11, 2014
Mama wrote:
<quoted text>
permethrin worked wonders for us
as it did me!!!
itchy

United States

#4163 Feb 12, 2014
So some ppl say dont treat ur pets others say do everything i read contradicts the info i get from a different page
Katee

Homewood, IL

#4165 Feb 12, 2014
BRAN! I knew you were a troll, I've seen that rainbow hair of yours and you're not fooling anyone!! ha (PS, ignore Hollywood, she's a psychotic self-appointed forum vigilanty who's think she knows everything and thinks everyone's a salesman, sounds like a broken record - oops showing my age). Let her comments whiz on by, nobody cares about her insults.
Worried mum

Singapore, Singapore

#4166 Feb 12, 2014
Well it looks like they are gone. I invested in having the apartment sprayed for scabies mite. They sprayed everything cupboards floor ceiling. Came back 7 days later to re do. We had to stay out for at least four hours afterwards.i have continued with bleach baths, coconut oil and 60c washes on everything worn daily and bedding most days. Think goodness. No more bites itches or medications.
Katee

Homewood, IL

#4167 Feb 13, 2014
Katee wrote:
BRAN! I knew you were a troll, I've seen that rainbow hair of yours and you're not fooling anyone!! ha (PS, ignore Hollywood, she's a psychotic self-appointed forum vigilanty who's think she knows everything and thinks everyone's a salesman, sounds like a broken record - oops showing my age). Let her comments whiz on by, nobody cares about her insults.
Ok, replying to my own post is strange... I see they removed the post from that Hollywood FL person who likes to insult and offend others so now my post looks a little off and weird (I was only kidding around Bran!). Oh well, the important thing is peace and quiet prevails once again.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#4168 Feb 13, 2014
Worried mum wrote:
Well it looks like they are gone. I invested in having the apartment sprayed for scabies mite. They sprayed everything cupboards floor ceiling. Came back 7 days later to re do. We had to stay out for at least four hours afterwards.i have continued with bleach baths, coconut oil and 60c washes on everything worn daily and bedding most days. Think goodness. No more bites itches or medications.
How did you get someone out to spray/treat your house for scabies mites? I've called Orkin and Terminix ....they told me they don't treat homes for that since its a medical problem, not a pest problem. Wish I could find a pest control place that would do that.

Twinsburg, OH

#4169 Feb 13, 2014
Katee wrote:
Insults? when have i insulted you? i apologize if i said something that hurt your feelings, goodness knows i didn't mean to.. not sure what you mean by "troll", i am definitely not trying to sell anything.. we have found relief from these, most everything used come from Walmart, and just trying to help others.. i have learned a lot about these this past month, more than i would care to know in a life time in regards to this, but i have found a lot of help from these forums.. i have not been on here much anymore lately, and will probably be even less.. i do wish you luck, and truly have not meant to offend anyone..

Twinsburg, OH

#4170 Feb 13, 2014
Katee wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, replying to my own post is strange... I see they removed the post from that Hollywood FL person who likes to insult and offend others so now my post looks a little off and weird (I was only kidding around Bran!). Oh well, the important thing is peace and quiet prevails once again.
lol, i saw other post and posted before seeing this one.. i had no clue what i had said..:)
Katee

Homewood, IL

#4171 Feb 13, 2014
bran0406 wrote:
<quoted text>
Insults? when have i insulted you? i apologize if i said something that hurt your feelings, goodness knows i didn't mean to.. not sure what you mean by "troll", i am definitely not trying to sell anything.. we have found relief from these, most everything used come from Walmart, and just trying to help others.. i have learned a lot about these this past month, more than i would care to know in a life time in regards to this, but i have found a lot of help from these forums.. i have not been on here much anymore lately, and will probably be even less.. i do wish you luck, and truly have not meant to offend anyone..
OH NO!! not you! No no no, there was a post from someone else who was attacking you, she's from Hollywood FL and she's a menace on the forums. It was erased by the admin here so my post back in response to hers now doesn't make sense, and it was my mistake that I didnt hit the reply on her post to grab it so people could see what I was replying to. I get lazy about that some times. OH Heck no, you haven't done anything!!!!! And I was trying to come to your defense, but it doesn't look that way and doesn't make sense because you can't see what that person had posted since they erased it.

Twinsburg, OH

#4172 Feb 13, 2014
Katee wrote:
<quoted text>
OH NO!! not you! No no no, there was a post from someone else who was attacking you, she's from Hollywood FL and she's a menace on the forums. It was erased by the admin here so my post back in response to hers now doesn't make sense, and it was my mistake that I didnt hit the reply on her post to grab it so people could see what I was replying to. I get lazy about that some times. OH Heck no, you haven't done anything!!!!! And I was trying to come to your defense, but it doesn't look that way and doesn't make sense because you can't see what that person had posted since they erased it.
lol, thank you! i didn't get upset, either way, just definitely didn't want to offend anyone, at least not on purpose.. i wish i had read what she wrote, if for no other reason than to get a little chuckle, my husband and i laugh at many things where people get all bent out of shape because someone has a different opinion than them.

i just went back to work this week, so between that, the kids, and keeping these blasted mites out of our home, and staying on top the state health dept, i don't have much time to get on here.. hopefully they will act sooner than later though
Annie

United States

#4173 Feb 14, 2014
I have noticed rashes on my knees, face, arms, and scratches, from no where. I know i have scabies, my doctor doesent think to seem i have it, so im going to another doctor, because i know my own body. I need some advice if i can get it, i dont think i can wash everything everyday, i live in a small apartment alone. Im praying that no one close to me gets it. I cant believe how uneducated doctors are about this. Help!
mark vs

Mascoutah, IL

#4174 Feb 14, 2014
The cap on a bleach container is about 3/4 inch deep and 5 to 7 caps doesn't seem like much in a full bath tub. Is that the cap that you're referring to? Could you translate it into ounces so I could just use a measuring cup?
mark vs

Mascoutah, IL

#4175 Feb 14, 2014
Currently not able to buy new recliner, couch, loveseat, so looking for effective product(S) to eradicate scabies (and maybe cheyletiella mites) from our fabric furniture (It is not smooth leather-type furniture). I want something that might permeate deep into fabric, not just sprayed on the surface.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How do you get ivermectin in Canada ? (Aug '14) 16 hr jesse 3 16
Horrible Smell in scabie area 21 hr Please Lord help Me 2
How did I get rid of scabies in three seconds (Oct '11) Sat Cat771 613
Morgellons and Lyme from mite infections (May '13) Thu Vanessa 452
Do you get new bumps after post-scabies? (Sep '11) May 24 Rob in Vancouver 315
Do scabies get in your throat? (Nov '10) May 24 Kaie tylor- 53
The search for Scabies FACTS brought me here ... May 24 EP Endlessly Perp... 3