how do i get rid of scabies once and ...
bran0406

London, KY

#4102 Jan 15, 2014
steph wrote:
<quoted text>
thankyou, ive spent ages going through the forums... i just dont get it. dont the doctors take it seriously? am i supposed to wash everything, bedding, clothes, coats after wearing them once? its bloody horrible... does anyone actually get rid of it? it doesnt sound like it... is there no hope?!:-(
we have been dealing with these for past month now! i have researched a lot, n read many horror stories of people trying to get rid of for over 6 months! here are a few things i found that wasn't common knowledge posted.. or maybe i just kept missing! big one, the rx n treatment does NOT kill the eggs.. they hatch every 2 1/2 days.. the cream n drs say wait a week n treat again.. by then more eggs may have been laid! also you need to be meticulous n washing and drying everything, n can also hot iron, but important to use disposable gloves while doing this to prevent cross contamination..
chuck

Conshohocken, PA

#4103 Jan 17, 2014
Hey i just tried something that wasnt on my in structions for that cream the doctor perscribed ! I did from my neck down the first time putting iy heavy on bad areas and light on the rest of me ! Than the next 2 days i just put iy heavy on the bad srras leaving iy on gor st least 12 hours! I syill have a little left and im going to wait 3 days so some of these little bastards hatch and i am going to apply again ! This serms to be working very well and i am also going back to doc to see if i can get more cream and the orsl meds ! I also stsyrd in a motel for 3 days so they will die off at home ! So far so good ! I wish you all luck ! This cream does work so dont let anyone tell you different !
chuck

Conshohocken, PA

#4104 Jan 17, 2014
Ashley S wrote:
Pleaseeee help Ive had this horrible stuff for 5 months and I'm literally going insane and I don't know how much more I can take ! I'm 17 and I seriously need hellllllppp pleaseeee !
hey ashley my email is [email protected] if you have any questions ! Good luck Chuck
Virtual Scabies

Hollywood, FL

#4105 Jan 17, 2014
umathr wrote:
<quoted text> african americans may not get scabies. because of your genetic makeup you may be immune, I hope that is the case for your sake, or there sake.
You stupid sulphur soap sales person. Of course African Americans can get scabies, you idiot.
Really?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gwen

Brisbane, Australia

#4106 Jan 17, 2014
Hey everyone, try hot water on sores it stops the itching and helps u sleep . Glen 20 is good too hope it helps . I'm struggling with scabies every summer :/ my immune system sucks :( Ty Gwen
bran0406

London, KY

#4108 Jan 17, 2014
chuck wrote:
Hey i just tried something that wasnt on my in structions for that cream the doctor perscribed ! I did from my neck down the first time putting iy heavy on bad areas and light on the rest of me ! Than the next 2 days i just put iy heavy on the bad srras leaving iy on gor st least 12 hours! I syill have a little left and im going to wait 3 days so some of these little bastards hatch and i am going to apply again ! This serms to be working very well and i am also going back to doc to see if i can get more cream and the orsl meds ! I also stsyrd in a motel for 3 days so they will die off at home ! So far so good ! I wish you all luck ! This cream does work so dont let anyone tell you different !
just use dawn dish liquid! do it for week! every day, take a bath n wash head to toe with it.. you will be amazed!
Janadel

Spring Valley, CA

#4109 Jan 19, 2014
evangelist akins wrote:
I know this might sound crazy;however, Ive worked in a nursing home for 9 years, and I know all about Scabies.To treat them I would run a bath (as you usually would) Take bleach(of any kind)and place about 5-7 caps full in the bath.The bleach is deluted in by the water,so you won't have to worry about it being too strong.Take a bath as you normally do. The bleach may dry your skin and may be a little harsh on your skin;however the itching will cease and the scabies will be gone. Do this a couple of times (at night)
Hi, I've read a good number of posts that suggest using bleach in the bath water, but I'm very allergic to bleach. So what can I use? Right now I'm using Selsun Blue and Head and Shoulders, men's menthol and it's working. The problem is that it's taking a few days (I know, no big deal, some people have had this for years...but this is just one of my many issues I have to deal with medically, and I'd really like to try and get thru this ASAP, as I've read some other people have. The biggest problem right now, with this scabies thing is that my skin is very tight and sort of stingy after I use Selsun Blue and Head and Shoulders. It's even this way when I cover myself with Argan oil. So if you have any suggestions, I'd really like to hear them.
bran0406

Manchester, KY

#4110 Jan 19, 2014
do you keep getting it and can't get rid of them? live in a house w someone who "doesn't" have them, but no matter what u do, they keep coming back?? not everyone becomes allergic to them or itch! i know this 1st hand! u will never rid urself of them if those people who are not allergic to them don't get rid of them! trust me on this! i was covered head to toe with them, hundreds, n never itched or had a sign. our baby was the only one that would show signs! i know this for a fact!! doctors n the cdc n everything i have read is wrong about this very huge key. till those people, who are like me w no signs or symptoms, u,, whi are allergic n can't get rid of the nightmare won't, until all those around u get rid of them!
Worried mum

Singapore, Singapore

#4111 Jan 19, 2014
Janadel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, I've read a good number of posts that suggest using bleach in the bath water, but I'm very allergic to bleach. So what can I use? Right now I'm using Selsun Blue and Head and Shoulders, men's menthol and it's working. The problem is that it's taking a few days (I know, no big deal, some people have had this for years...but this is just one of my many issues I have to deal with medically, and I'd really like to try and get thru this ASAP, as I've read some other people have. The biggest problem right now, with this scabies thing is that my skin is very tight and sort of stingy after I use Selsun Blue and Head and Shoulders. It's even this way when I cover myself with Argan oil. So if you have any suggestions, I'd really like to hear them.
try salt
Evelyn

Orlando, FL

#4112 Jan 19, 2014
Please read Killing these monsters and knowing how to stay rid of scabies. I am willing to help.
Evelyn

Orlando, FL

#4113 Jan 19, 2014
Please get a pen and a paper. Please note your total cost of buying tea tree oil depends on where you live. My last try of this only cost me about 26.00. You will need 3 6 oz. bottles You will need to add 2 table spoons of tea tree oil to all three bottles. Take one and put shampoo in it and shake well. Take the 2nd and put body wash of your choice I recommend something strong in scent as tea tree oil stinks. The 3rd bottle you will fill with baby oil or grape seed oil. This should last you for the 12 days that you have to do this for. I know it stinks but you will begin to notice the difference after the process. Please understand around the 6th to 7th day you will feel itching and it is due to the last bit of eggs that have hatched. Now I washed my hair everyday but that was due to me working two jobs. For the shampoo please use 3 days on 1 day off and then every other day. The body wash 2 times a day if you can. I recommend morning and night. Boil a nice size pot of water and take with you in the bathroom. Place the pot by the side of the tub, place the pure tea tree oil by the side of the tub as well. When taking a shower leave shampoo in your hair while you wash your body. Once you wash your body do not rinse stay back from the water for about 3 to 5 minutes then rinse. Yes you can use it on your face but I do recommend that you fan your face with your hand and open the shower curtain some as the smell and sting is strong due to our faces being sensitive. When you are done showering start to fill your tub with hot water while you sit in the tub. Gradually turn off the cold water to be able to tolerate to heat of the water. Lay in the tub while it is filling up. Take a table spoon of tea tree oil and stir it in the tub and soak for 15 to 20 minutes. If your water start to cool down add the pot of water gradually to the tub and stir or swish the water so it stays hot. When done dry your self and take the tea tree oil and baby oil mix and rub some all over your body. Try to get some in your scalp a little and make sure to get your feet and under your feet. Now for your clothes, towels, sheets etc. You will need to steam iron them as soon as they come out the dryer I know its nuts but I did it for 6 in my house hold and I work two jobs. You can do it you just have to say to your self you want to get rid of this. Your sheets on your bed wash and iron them every other day. Clean your house as you naturally would. Vacuum everyday rugs couch. But no extra stuff. As scabies likes to try to stay in clothes and blankets its easier to get to your skin so make sure to steam iron everything even clothes hanging in the closets of drawers
Bruce

East Thetford, VT

#4114 Jan 20, 2014
Evelyn's routine using tea tree oil in her recent Post should work. However, for a slightly easier and less messy and/or less smelly method, go to page 191 of this thread and read my Post about the use of sulfur soap and about how to use it. The "how" is critical, as well as properly policing your environment. The Post is dated December 19 and is Post #4057. Or just click this Link and scroll to it:

http://www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies/TRI...

Then as stated in the Post, for further details and useful tips which will save you a lot of time and trouble in eradicating scabies, go to the thread entitled "Removing Scabies from your Environment" and read my last 6 Posts near the end of Page. The first one is dated December 16 and they are Posts #221 through #225 and #227. Or just click this Link and scroll to the Posts:

http://www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies/T7B...

This method worked for me, and I was cross infested with bird mites!!
Ash

Footscray, Australia

#4115 Jan 21, 2014
My husband got scabbies,and i am afriad that i too my get infested because i have 5months old baby and i breast feed her.Please help me from not geeting infested and cure for my husband
bran0406

Manchester, KY

#4116 Jan 21, 2014
ash, if your husband has them, you do also.. n the baby will to! u may be like me, n just not show symptoms... we had them 8 months n didn't know it. we have 10 month old n je eas only one in our house that had n e symptoms, n he had crazy symptoms.. eczema, runny nose, cough, allergy to milk products, all from scabies
Savvywoman

Emeryville, CA

#4117 Jan 23, 2014
Hi all - I have been lurking here for months because I have a secret life in hell. I gave my neighbor a haircut and he later told me he had scabies and had learned to live with it (!) Whaaaat?

I've always bruised easily and now that I'm older, it's even worse. So the burrowing produced bruises the size of quarters. I look like someone tried to stone me.

In desperation, I experimented with some new ideas. I rubbed my worse spot - the elbow of my right arm - with premethrin and wrapped the arm in transparent saran wrap. I slept like a baby--I couldn't believe it. Do not wrap more than one limb at a time for a whole night - you are concentrating a poison.(I did one arm and both legs in an abundance of enthusiasm and experienced stars when I closed my eyes and racing heart).

Long story short, after some experimentatin, this is the regimen that finally did it for me, leaving my skin LESS DRY than before and leaving my hair lustrous and soft.

I ran a hot bath with Neem Oil Concentrate - agricultural product from Lowe's - 1/4 cup in full bath. Then I turned on the hot water as hot as it would go and slowly brought my worse-affected area, my elbow up under the stream, slowly acclimating the limb to very, very hot water. It felt good as I moved this stream slowly over the scabs and welts, the burrows and the bumps, the pain almost welcome as a good scratch would be. My skin reddened more than I've ever seen it.

I soaked for a good 20 minutes, running this hot stream over the effective areas, happily punishing them for the misery they have caused me -- ankles, shins, hands. I soaked my hair for 20 minutes and then gave that itchy top spot a special stream of water from hell.

I got out, wrapped up in a terrycloth robe and lay down to rest -- my body was tingly all over. Six hours later I woke up from a long-needed deep sleep and I felt W O N D E R F U L! I took a quick peek at the arm I was ready to cut off and lo and behold! The entire area did not look angry any more, not swollen, not itching, just normal with some flat red spots left.

One welt which had just appeared on the bridge of my foot didn't even get a chance to erupt into scabs - it was completely GONE!!!

All I did was to bathe with Neem and super heat my spots twice a day for three days. That was three days ago. I'm not embarrassed to tell you I cried to find something that finally worked. I have not seen my grandchildren in months and the man I was seeing stopped calling after all my excuses. My life once full of people and babies had become a solitary round of OCD-like cleaning routines.

Speaking of those, one more thing. I started using just the dryer for clothes that had only been worn once. Since I have to use quarters for laundry, it was getting just too expensive. The sheets, pillows, blankets, all can pop right into the dryer and for a dollar they are ready to use again without washing. Of course they do get washed every week, but this short cut seemed to work fine (not with underwear or socks, of course)

My biggest expense was buying a used steamer for $25 on craigslist. It is a Scunci and shoots a jet of steam 5 feet from you. I steamed the sofa, my bed, the carpet, the clothes in the closet (so I didn't have to put them in the dryer even).

Best of luck to all who suffer with this horrible curse. Keep trying cures until you find one that works. Don't give up!
Sharon

Douglasville, GA

#4118 Jan 23, 2014
evangelist akins wrote:
I know this might sound crazy;however, Ive worked in a nursing home for 9 years, and I know all about Scabies.To treat them I would run a bath (as you usually would) Take bleach(of any kind)and place about 5-7 caps full in the bath.The bleach is deluted in by the water,so you won't have to worry about it being too strong.Take a bath as you normally do. The bleach may dry your skin and may be a little harsh on your skin;however the itching will cease and the scabies will be gone. Do this a couple of times (at night)
OMG HELP ME and my little Chihuahua :(
Sharon

Douglasville, GA

#4119 Jan 23, 2014
I'm a 60 year old widow and I'm freaking out, I'm on a mission to wash everything I'll be wearing and putting them in bags. The bleach sounds good because I believe bleach will kill everything. I'll let you know how I'm doing. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy :( I've been crying for a week now but I have a large house and a lot of it is carpeted. What should I do, move out it the garage? I'm in Georgia. I'm not sexually active and really don't go to to many places !?!?! Where in the world did I get this?
Donna

Colfax, CA

#4120 Jan 23, 2014
Use Ivermectin and NU Stock Ointment. You can buy the Ivermectin from an Canadian Pharmacy.[http://www.wedpharma cy.com/maxalt_medicine] The Ointment from the Feed Supply. It's a sulfur ointment and with the ivermectin and just one treatment of the sulfur ointment my red bumps are going away. Google for dosage on the Ivermectin, but it;s 200mcg/kg of weight. I took 15 mg - which I got from a prescription from the doctor. I scraped some tiny black spots off my skin and he looked under the microscope - it was Scabies.
wantmylifeback

Dover Plains, NY

#4121 Jan 23, 2014
Bruce wrote:
Evelyn's routine using tea tree oil in her recent Post should work. However, for a slightly easier and less messy and/or less smelly method, go to page 191 of this thread and read my Post about the use of sulfur soap and about how to use it. The "how" is critical, as well as properly policing your environment. The Post is dated December 19 and is Post #4057. Or just click this Link and scroll to it:
http://www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies/TRI...
Then as stated in the Post, for further details and useful tips which will save you a lot of time and trouble in eradicating scabies, go to the thread entitled "Removing Scabies from your Environment" and read my last 6 Posts near the end of Page. The first one is dated December 16 and they are Posts #221 through #225 and #227. Or just click this Link and scroll to the Posts:
http://www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies/T7B...
This method worked for me, and I was cross infested with bird mites!!
Hi Evelyn...I appreciate your comments. I have scabies for 7 months now and the permethrin and ivermectin simply do not work on me. I have done alternative treatments i.e., neem, tea tree oil and sulfur. These help a little but does not cure. The main problem I have is the scabies are on my scalp and I can't get them off of there. I'm so depressed and frustrated. Do you have any suggestions for me?
umathr

Lansing, MI

#4122 Jan 23, 2014
sulfur soap will cure

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Miticide, Insecticide and dust used successfully 21 min tryingtocureit 1
Immune system question 44 min tryingtocureit 10
the cure is so simple, I can't believe it...... (Jan '11) 1 hr tryingtocureit 1,408
5 Years later (after 18 month infection) I stil... 1 hr tryingtocureit 6
Scabies/Eggs lifespan? and a question about pre... (Apr '07) 19 hr Linda 514
Attention All! Dawn original blue bath, black ... (Nov '09) Mon Linda 42
Deet for scabies? (Jun '13) Mon tryingtocureit 7
More from around the web