how do i get rid of scabies once and ...
Veronica

Hollywood, FL

#4059 Dec 20, 2013
Noved wrote:
I'm really curious how all these people seem to have tons of money to drop on these topical creams. I read near the start of the thread someone saying they used FIVE tubes of perm? I know it's quite a few years later, but I doubt the cost of it has gone down much. I know from someone who has zero income and no insurance, it's pretty difficult to actually fight this. Everyone saying 'You can beat this!' seems to have some kind of endless supply of money to spend on ridiculously expensive cures.
Keep reading. There are ways to purchase permethrin very cheaply and it is very effective. Alot of the posts you are reading are from people who sell stuff on the net to fight scabies. They come in here and say that they did this and that and what they are trying to do is to steer you into their websites, to either buy homeopathic products which do not cure scabies or to have a conference with "someone" who is very knowledgeable about "scabies." Anything to get your credit card number and charge you up the butt.
The answers are on this forum. If you are new to this disease, and you are very healthy, you will have no problem curing yourself. But, if you are unhealthy, you may have a hard time with it.
Yes, you can beat this. Honestly, why do you make such a post as this? Do you need help with something?
The people who sell stuff to treat scabies hate permethrin. Because permethrin works.
Also, if someone has ZERO income coming in, then what can they afford? It doesn't matter whether the permethrin costs $50 or $10, if you have ZERO income coming in, then you can't afford ANYTHING, can you?
A bar of sulphur soap at Walmart costs about $2.50. That's a start.
Isolated

Dublin, GA

#4060 Dec 20, 2013
Steaming on skin works too. I bought a facial steamer and used it on my entire body, including my scalp. But, it is a long battle to decontaminate every surface you have ever touched. I put my shoes in the freezer. I am hoping to get it done in summer when I don't have to wear so many clothes. Rather than iron clothes because you can not get the seams of clothing hot enough I boil my clothes. The toughest part of skin to treat is eyelash roots. I placed a damp cloth in microwave for 1 minute until steaming then used a pot holder to hold the cloth to my eyelid. I pulled the eyelid down so as not to burn my eye. No wonder people think we are psychotic. I can no longer stand the thought of being touched by another person since I caught the scabies from work where I had to touch sick people. I no longer use chemicals because after months of being infested they are too toxic to continue using. If I have to burn myself slightly to kill those things I do because it is better than itching to death.
umathr

Lansing, MI

#4061 Dec 22, 2013
I had gotten rid of my scabies for about 7 months, Now they have been back for about 3 weeks . I have been using sulfur soap. The sulfur soap did not really seem to be working. Now I think I have figured out why. I need to take baths not showers and aI need to use a loafa thing. When I get in the bath the hot water makes the scabies itch and I use the loofa to itch them in the bath. I scrape them pretty hard with the loofa. I wash throughly with sulfur soapa and a bath brush. When I get out or at the end of the bath I apply the sulfur soap with the bath brush and that really seems to help. I use a bubble bath gel from jasons its a citrus smell not bad at all, I find that really helps. Just makes everything so much moore plesent and evrything at the end of the bath goes down the drain. In this case its like cleaning thewound and reapplying the ointment. which is important. I am taking two baths a day but hope to make it three. With the bath gel and the loofa makes it easy to clean and itch at the same time then apply the sulfur soap with the bath brush. this really seems to help and it seems to be working. I did order ivermectin but may not use it if this works..pardon the spelling
umathr

Lansing, MI

#4062 Dec 23, 2013
So anyway, on saturday I was looking at my legs and wondering what I was going to do because the sulfur soap did not seem to be working. Then I remembered that before I had been using a loofa in the bath to itch the scabies. I never before would itch with my hands only the loofa in the bath.
Using Jasons bath gel and a loofa in the bath and I scrape the effected areas with the loofa. I use all sides ofthe loofa top bottom and sides. Some more rough than others. The hot water in the bath lights up the scabies so you know just where they are. My scabies are on my legs mostly so that makes it easy. I have some on my back. At some point during the bath after the loofa wash the sulfur soap. When you get out of the bath apply the sulfur soap to the effected areas let dry. This methode of loofa in the bath Jasons bath gel and sulfur soap seems to really work. Although it will take a little time to see what the outcome will be. But in the past when I got rid of the scabies this is what I had been doing. This time around I had forgotten about the jasons, hot bath, not to hot, loofa, sulfur soap, bath brush. I had started taking showers in the interim and I forgot. Last night I slept through the night, with no itching.
Finally Cured

Durban, South Africa

#4063 Dec 23, 2013
Go to my post on this forum #171.

Whether dust mites or scabies mites you can rid your house of them quickly.

I am highly allergic to dust mites and there are times I feel them trying to crawl into my eyes. I can feel just one or two if they try to bite me.

The cure is boric acid powder - the fine stuff (industrial grade is very little different from pharma grade - both are high purity). It kills mites in minutes - I know - there is no better mite detector than myself.

Powder all your bedding, carpets, curtains and furniture. Rub or brush it in. Leave it there for a day or two to kill the bugs that still have to crawl out. You can brush or vacuum it away if you wish, or leave it there. Your house will be mite free in no time.

If you don't get rid of them in your house no amount of personal application of liquids, creams, powders etc will stop the mites coming right back once you stop using applying them.

Although it is a chemical it is probably less toxic than many medicines. I use prescribed medicines when needed since they are often the only cure, but some of these "home cures" work fantastically well. Like medicines, they work differently on different people.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#4064 Dec 30, 2013
Finally Cured wrote:
Go to my post on this forum #171.

Whether dust mites or scabies mites you can rid your house of them quickly.

I am highly allergic to dust mites and there are times I feel them trying to crawl into my eyes. I can feel just one or two if they try to bite me.

The cure is boric acid powder - the fine stuff (industrial grade is very little different from pharma grade - both are high purity). It kills mites in minutes - I know - there is no better mite detector than myself.

Powder all your bedding, carpets, curtains and furniture. Rub or brush it in. Leave it there for a day or two to kill the bugs that still have to crawl out. You can brush or vacuum it away if you wish, or leave it there. Your house will be mite free in no time.

If you don't get rid of them in your house no amount of personal application of liquids, creams, powders etc will stop the mites coming right back once you stop using applying them.

Although it is a chemical it is probably less toxic than many medicines. I use prescribed medicines when needed since they are often the only cure, but some of these "home cures" work fantastically well. Like medicines, they work differently on different people.
Bullsh**! Most mites die within four hours of being separated from it's host. If you are ingesting ivermectin or Albendazole you are killing all the mites from the inside of your body to the outside. Mission accomplished. Screw cleaning your place like a Cuban maid!
Not true

Hollywood, FL

#4065 Dec 30, 2013
demodicosisZZZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullsh**! Most mites die within four hours of being separated from it's host. If you are ingesting ivermectin or Albendazole you are killing all the mites from the inside of your body to the outside. Mission accomplished. Screw cleaning your place like a Cuban maid!
Not true, Fred. Most mites do NOT die within 4 hours of being separated from their host. It depends on many things, the type of mite you have, the humidity in the air, the life cycle of the mite, many things to consider. They last many days in some cases. Ready and waiting to reinfest you.
The avermectins work pretty good. Depends on the immunity of their host, age of their host, many things to consider. One or two doses of an avermectin doesn't always CURE.
SamOnAmission

Westerville, OH

#4067 Dec 30, 2013
Noved wrote:
I'm really curious how all these people seem to have tons of money to drop on these topical creams. I read near the start of the thread someone saying they used FIVE tubes of perm? I know it's quite a few years later, but I doubt the cost of it has gone down much. I know from someone who has zero income and no insurance, it's pretty difficult to actually fight this. Everyone saying 'You can beat this!' seems to have some kind of endless supply of money to spend on ridiculously expensive cures.
I hear that its $80 a tube for 2 oz are they serious with that. I have a family of 4 to treat and there is no way i can buy that. I have been on these forums trying to find something that will work oils and powders and whatever i bought all of it thinking its cheaper then going to the doctor but even without insurance im regretting it. I got permethrin 10 like someone suggested but im scared to use it on my infant even if we dilute it to 5%. Im stressed out and dont know what to do.
umathr

Lansing, MI

#4068 Jan 1, 2014
SamOnAmission wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear that its $80 a tube for 2 oz are they serious with that. I have a family of 4 to treat and there is no way i can buy that. I have been on these forums trying to find something that will work oils and powders and whatever i bought all of it thinking its cheaper then going to the doctor but even without insurance im regretting it. I got permethrin 10 like someone suggested but im scared to use it on my infant even if we dilute it to 5%. Im stressed out and dont know what to do.
I have had scabies for a long time (years) and have tried many things. I never saw perm 10. This time around I have been using sulfur soap and aloe vera gel. I wash with the sulfur soap ad later apply the aloe vera gel to thew effected areas. I apply the aloe gel organic to the effected areas and it really seems to work. First I wash off the area and make it clean. Than I apply the aloe gel. It can burn. So do a small area first. Check for reaction. Should not be to bad. It is my belief that aloe gel organic works. Aloe organic gel is cheap. Really cheap. I hope this helps. Best of luck.
umathr

Lansing, MI

#4069 Jan 1, 2014
Not true wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true, Fred. Most mites do NOT die within 4 hours of being separated from their host. It depends on many things, the type of mite you have, the humidity in the air, the life cycle of the mite, many things to consider. They last many days in some cases. Ready and waiting to reinfest you.
The avermectins work pretty good. Depends on the immunity of their host, age of their host, many things to consider. One or two doses of an avermectin doesn't always CURE.
I agree with fred all the cleaning is not needed. Use a baking soda and water spray. Spray any area that you are concerned about.
Jessica34

Knoxville, IA

#4071 Jan 2, 2014
Omfg I can't take this itching!!! I went to the dr on Monday (btw it was my birthday) she prescribed me elimite guess what I got new bumps!!!! I'm gonna try the bleach bath tomorrow morning. Any suggestions on what to spray my bed m furniture with? Thank guys!:)
Jessica
Snowbum

Springfield, NJ

#4072 Jan 2, 2014
Jessica34 wrote:
Omfg I can't take this itching!!! I went to the dr on Monday (btw it was my birthday) she prescribed me elimite guess what I got new bumps!!!! I'm gonna try the bleach bath tomorrow morning. Any suggestions on what to spray my bed m furniture with? Thank guys!:)
Jessica
You usually get new bumps after you use the cream. Avoid bleach baths. You should use the cream 7 days after your 1st application and then 7 days after the second application. Make sure you apply the cream from the scalp down to your toes. Rotate your shoes every 4-5 days spray them with Lysol or windex every time you take them off. Best wishes
SamOnAMission

Westerville, OH

#4073 Jan 2, 2014
Jessica34 wrote:
Jessica
Hi did you get new bumps like onsies and twosies or like a rash of bumps. I got a rash when I used permethrin. I think I reacted badly to it but I am itching like a mother...I cant take it anymore!!!
SamOnAMission

Westerville, OH

#4074 Jan 2, 2014
umathr wrote:
<quoted text> I have had scabies for a long time (years) and have tried many things. I never saw perm 10. This time around I have been using sulfur soap and aloe vera gel. I wash with the sulfur soap ad later apply the aloe vera gel to thew effected areas. I apply the aloe gel organic to the effected areas and it really seems to work. First I wash off the area and make it clean. Than I apply the aloe gel. It can burn. So do a small area first. Check for reaction. Should not be to bad. It is my belief that aloe gel organic works. Aloe organic gel is cheap. Really cheap. I hope this helps. Best of luck.
I tried the permethrin 10 mixed with lotion to dilute it...my husband and I had a reaction to it...we diluted it alot more for the baby and my 8 year old to use. they are both fine. my 8 year old does not seem to have any signs of the buggers though either. If this did not work Ill give your aloe vera gel a try although I should lather some on right now for this itch and breakout I have.
Ryan

Derby, UK

#4075 Jan 4, 2014
Hello ermm ive had scabies now for over a year and my fiancé is now having twins gladly she dident catch it but I've still got it and been doctors and tryed everything plz somebody help me out its making me very down and carnt stop thinking about it :(
umathr

Lansing, MI

#4076 Jan 4, 2014
SamOnAMission wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried the permethrin 10 mixed with lotion to dilute it...my husband and I had a reaction to it...we diluted it alot more for the baby and my 8 year old to use. they are both fine. my 8 year old does not seem to have any signs of the buggers though either. If this did not work Ill give your aloe vera gel a try although I should lather some on right now for this itch and breakout I have.
I have found that when the scabies wake me up at night as if I was sleeping, the first thing I do is wash my legs and make sure they are clean. When I am sure they are clean I apply the aloe gel organic, at that point I feel better The aloe and the sulfur soap seem to be working, seems rather slow and at times frustrating. I did receive the ivermectin horse paste apple flavored. I am afraid to use it. It was very cheap. I have enough for many treatments, but I can not bring myself to ingest it. The ivermectin was about 12 dollars including shipping. I am using sulfur soap and aloe one day on sulfur next day aloe. or something like that. Any way good luck.
Best Treatments Ever

Hollywood, FL

#4077 Jan 4, 2014
A) Me and my Husband found that taking really hot showers helped. I would put one body part under hot running water at a time and stay there for a few minutes. Ex. Let the water run over your right arm, and then the left arm, each leg, back, stomach, etc.... I you have a shower head at the end of the shower remove it and hold it over certain area that really need it.
B) The boiling hot water treatment was the biggest help of all. This was like a spot treatment. When we notice any scabies bumps on our skin we would boil hot water and add salt & Lime juice to the water(optional). We then place the tip of a small towel/rag in the water to absorb the heat. Once this has taken place, we removed the rag and squeeze some of the access water out. We then placed the hot rag on the bump and push down on the skin as best as we could. When applying the rag it has to be really hot. But not hot enough to burn your skin, but hot enough where it will make you feel really uncomfortable. I would placed the rag slightly on my skin and when I felt I could tolerate the heat to the point where it wouldn't burn me I had my husband take over and press down on the rag with gloved hands. At times I had to do it on my own. We repeated the same steps by re-dipping the towel in the hot water when we no longer felt the sensation to squirm and the towel cooled off a little. Guys when I mentioned uncomfortable earlier I meant you will make loud noises and squirm when the towel is pressed against your skin. I notice when the hot rag was applied it would get really itchy during that moment in time. To me I felt like it was killing the suckers. Another trick is to place another clean cool (wet) towel on the same body part you are applying the hot rag on. This will trick your brain with hot and cold signals and you will be able to bear the heat a little bit better. Too bad I thought of this wayyyyy.... after the fact.

C) Take epsom salt baths soak for at least 20-30mins

D) We also blended raw oatmeal oats into a powder and added cool water to make it into a wet paste. We applied in all the areas with the bites and that was irritated at night. We let the paste dry on the skin and went to bed.

E) Hair/Scalp: I also had a really itchy scalp after washing my hair multiple times and had no dandruff anywhere in sight. I boiled water with watercress and recao plant found in the produce section at the super market. However, you should be fine if you can't find the recao plant. After I boiled the water and the ingredients, I then added tea tree oil and neem oil to the water (whole foods). I placed the water in a wide shallow bowel and put it on the shower floor. When I felt like I could bear the heat I laid down on the shower floor (Back facing the floor) and placed my head in the bowel. I probably soak my head for 15mins or more. I then turned around to make sure I soaked the front of my head. When I was done I grabbed a cup to remove the water from the bowel and poured all over my head. I did this twice (two different sessions) and it stop the itching. I had no issues with my hair breaking but I must mention that I do not have any chemicals/dyes in my hair.

F) Purchase actual limes and cut it into 4pcs. Rub the lime and squeeze the juice over the bites. Let the juice dry on your skin. If you can lay under the sun that's even better. However, If you have very sensitive skin this may be little much for you.

Note:
1) You may need to do the treatment more than once if it returns in that particular spot. I had to do the session 2-3times for some areas.
2) I did not measure the temp of the water. I just waited until the water was boiled (Bubbling).
3) If you want to continue to use all rags utilized for this treatment I suggest you boil the rags in a small pot you really don't need . Hang it to dry. I would still wash this rag and put in the dryer. Follow guidelines for washing clothes w/scabies.
wantmylifeback

Dover Plains, NY

#4078 Jan 4, 2014
There have been many posts from people who cured themselves using Advantage II Blue together with Ivermectin. I have had scabies for 6 months and to make matters worst they went above my neck and are in my scalp and face. I have tried Ivermectin with the topicals, permethrin, BB, malathion, Eurax. The permethrin does not work at all on my and the others are only a temporary fix and it comes back again. I'm desperate to get my life back and would like to know if anyone has tried the Advantage Blue and if it gets mixed with a carrier oil how much would you use? Any responses would be so greatly appreciated.
karen

Warwick, RI

#4079 Jan 4, 2014
Ihave had the scabies 4 6 month's and didn't know that I have been using permetromite how ever now of my family like children and my husband have gotten it at all I thamk god 4 that but im still fighting them I hate these fucking things please help me im tired of cleaning everything on my be a pharmacist told me to spray my bed also and pillows down with rubbing alcohol and it should kill the hopefully it works dying to be free from all of this bullshit
Bugged Out

Canyon Country, CA

#4080 Jan 5, 2014
SamOnAmission wrote:
<quoted text>
Buy a box of 20 Mule Borax. While in the shower exfoliate your whole body with a handful of Borax and rinse, then while body is wet rub more all over and lightly brush off excess before getting dressed. Leave on all day and repeat every morning and night. If you recently became infested borax should wipe them out. It's safe for the whole family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vacuuming the body? 25 min JohnA 1
arm & hammer (Sep '09) 3 hr Hopethishelps 997
News Epidemiology, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Scabi... 4 hr Adana 1
Long term scabies patients should read this. (s... (Apr '13) 6 hr journey2noScabies 4
After months and months its NOT scabies!!!!! (Jun '09) 14 hr Cook monster 83
not sure whats going on HELP:( 19 hr Susannahe 2
My Scabies story and experience Thu Zeoh 3
the cure is so simple, I can't believe it...... (Jan '11) Jan 17 Mac 1,460
More from around the web