how do i get rid of scabies once and ...
Rose

United States

#374 Dec 30, 2008
yes do clean the friggin computer and floor underneath
misfits

Taylorsville, UT

#375 Dec 30, 2008
tori wrote:
i know someone that has scabies but i don't know what to do ether i'm hoping you don't die from it
you dont die from scabies unless you are weak like a baby and an old women/man
Scabies3

Deerfield Beach, FL

#376 Dec 30, 2008
pruritic wrote:
No, I haven't done that. I was told that it is very unlikely to transmit mites through clothing and bedding so how could it be transmitted through hard surfaces? Don't they crawl under the skin, not on it?
these mites are parasites and mostly live on and in the skin. but if a person is heavily infested, he/she will shed mites onto surfaces. for instance, i sometimes spent a great deal of time in the kitchen, messing around, cooking, cleaning, etc., during this time, i will shed a few mites on the floor. so, the next day, if i go into the kitchen and start all over again, making coffee, fixing breakfast, then those mites from yesterday will crawl right back on my feet and start their burrowing activity. so, YES, you can get infested from computers, etc. if someone goes to your home and sits on a couch which has mites in it, they may become infested. if you sleep with someone who has scabies, that's a sure fire that you will get them. mites love covers, mattresses, sheets, pillows. and mites simply ADORE carpeting.
Scabies3

Deerfield Beach, FL

#377 Dec 30, 2008
Rose wrote:
yes do clean the friggin computer and floor underneath
Those friggin computers!!!
hotwax

Los Angeles, CA

#378 Dec 30, 2008
i've read alot of the messages left on this forum and thought i'd share.
i went to the derm oct 31st and was diagnosed with scabies. she asked me if i'd traveled recently and i replied yes, to NYC and Seattle, both hotel stays. I explained i hadn't been intimate with anyone in months..since Apr 08 as a matter of fact- but I do remember the itching started in May...I went to the MD and was told I had folliculitis. I got some rx lotion but that burned. I wasn't convinced so I went to the derm in June and she at first thought it was exzcema so i began using cetaphil lotion and all this sensitive skin body wash etc...this helped off and on but i began to see the tracks on my genitals (male)in oct and immediately went back. i also had the itching between the fingers and on the wrists.i got the rx for permethrin and began to have immediate relief. of course i washed everything etc...re-applied a week later and it got beter. applied a 3rd time about 2 wks later and kinda spot- applied here and there. interestingly my finger webs and buttocks healed after the first treatment. what persisted was the itching and tracks on my penis. my derm and i attributed that to the fact wearing underwear all day contributes to moisture and heat and the mites thrive in that environment. by the end of the first 2 weeks all that remained was the tracks on my penis and my derm told me to isolate the perm to just the groin area...cover it. within a week the itching ceased, but i noticed the bump was still there and it remained for a few more weeks but decreased daily. no other itching.
Then about 2 weeks ago i noticed a small area on my hairline started itching and sure enuf..i saw a track. everything i read said scabies doesnt affect the face except in the elderly and young. i am in my late 20s and healthy. i spot applied the perm and it worked. but now i have another one i just noticed over the last few days and this morning i see a small bump on my penis. it doesnt itch.
i cant get a derm appt for a few weeks but i had some perm left so i have applied that liberally in my groin area and we'll see. I am washing EVERYTHING, including pillows (which i forgot to wash after the 2nd and 3rd treatments, could this be why it reappeared on my temple and nowhere else?...hmmm) tomorrow morning when i awake.
I searched today and notice on webmd.com there is a new article about "nodular scabies"...i hadnt seen this when i searched online in oct and nov upon my diagnosis. Maybe this is what i have, because the bump doesnt itch? Either way, the perm works because i am 90% better than i was oct 31st when i was diagnosed and remember i've been itching intermittently since May 08. I will keep you all posted...I dont know about your individual beliefs but I have faith in God and I know this is just a test of my faith and that I will overcome. There is no mite or bug in hell that can defeat me!
Willy

Villisca, IA

#379 Jan 2, 2009
Ok.A recap and look back on what has and has not helped me. Permethryn, applied head to toe, left on all night, did not help. In fact it irritated my skin so much, that I felt worse, and the bugs kept coming. Do not use fingernail polish. Tried this on a couple of spots and had three days of irritation. Peroxide sprayed dirictly on does not seem effective. Bleach baths helped a lot, but are not a cure in itself. Borax baths help, but is not a cure in itself. So, what has helped me the most. Ok.......are you ready for this.........wait ......wait.....it's coming........ok
DOG SHAMPOO for fleas and ticks... Yup. I read on the internet that someone had fought scabies for 2 years and tried everything, including all of the online stuff. then, the bought some dog shampoo, covered their body, left it on a couple of hours and (after two treaments) that stopped it. So, after finally getting the bugs somewhat under control, but not able to completely get rid of them, I tried it. It works and, it appears to kill off a majority of eggs as well because I noticed the first time that I used it, I did not wake up feeling like a new herd was hatched. Now, it does not kill ALL of the eggs, so you are going to have to do 2-4 treatments. You will notice a difference within hours.
So, before spending hundreds of dollars on the internet (which I did), and embarrassing yourself at the dr's office, do this.
1) begin washing and vaccuming everything, use colorsafe bleach in the wash, dry on high heat. Be absolutely anal about this for a couple of days. get into thet habit of changing your sheets everyday for a couple of weeks. Later you can move to every 2 or 3 days. Wipe down your toilet before and after you use it, wipe down your computer keyboard, mouse and desk each morning. And vaccuum a lot (2 times daily at least).
2)Take a nice long hot bath with 1/2 cup or liquid bleach. Rinse in the shower afterwards if you want. After the tub drains, you'll likely see a bunch of little black specs in the tub..Yup, scabies. 1 Bleach bath in the morning, a bath with borax (1 1/2 cups of all natural laundry additive in the laundry isle) at night.
3) after your bleach bath, apply the dog shampoo to your ENTIRE body, from head to toe. Wet you hair and rub it in like shampoo as well. Apply fairly thickly and then let it dry. It drys fast. Put your clothes on and let the shampoo stay on for about 3 hours. After 3 hours shower it off and wash as normal. I also use the dog shampoo for spot treating and will leave it on all night in this case in any uprising or bad spots. Works better than any of the natural oils I have used and does not make me itch or give skin irritation.(You might spot test a small area before applying to your whole body). Here is the exact shampoo that I used:(Hartz Ultraguard Plus foaming flea and tick shampoo for dogs. Its in a light blue bottle and has a pump that makes the shampoo foamy.
Continue w/ bleach bath either in morning or night and borax bath in the other. Spot treat with the dog shampoo for the next couple of days and in three days treat entire body again. Make sure that you apply some good lotion to your skin as you can , because all of this stuff drys your skin. But, Id rather have dry skin than itching bumps everywhere and stuff crawling on me.
When you get to the point where you are not seeing any new bumps since the last treatment, treat once more to catch any straggling eggs.
I am not a Dr., so take it or leave it, its your body. But this has worked for me.
Willy

Villisca, IA

#380 Jan 2, 2009
Continued:

And most importantly remember, you cant just treat scbies once and they are gone. Once you get them, you have to be perstistent for at least 14 days. Treat your entire body (I think I would stay away from any inside parts of the female genitalia, just around the outside. And yes, they get in your hair, on your face, your neck. they go anywhere, dont make the mistake of not treating your head and face. On a side not I have tried pouring some of the shampoo in the bath. This does not seem to be an effective treatment. Good luck.
Willy

Villisca, IA

#381 Jan 2, 2009
First post did not go. I'll recap:

Buy a bottle of Hartz Ultraguard foaming flea and tick shampoo. It comes in a light blue bottle. After a bath, spread head to toe, including hair. Spread moderately thick and let it dry. After it drys, put your clothes on and leave the treatment on for 2-3 hours. then wash off in a normal shower (soap, shampoo, etc). then, you can also use this as a spot treatment. I have left it on in this manner all night, without repercussion.

Treat in this manner every 3 days. Also a borax bath in the morning and a bleach bath at night. 1/2 cup liquid bleach, 1 to 1 1/2 of borax. One or the other, one at night, one in the morning.

I would do the shampoo treatments every 3 days for at least 14 days, then re-evaluate. hope that helps someone. It has helped me immensely.
hotwax

Los Angeles, CA

#382 Jan 2, 2009
Thanks Willy...I will take it all under advisement. Question: how long have you been free of scabies (i.e. tracks)? Did you have tracks or just bumps and itching? Did the dog shampoo relieve your symptoms or are you fairly certain the scabies are gone? Did you try Iver? It seems that is the one- two punch that works for alot of people. Did you have regular scabies or crusted? Thanks again...I know its alot of questions, just trying to use a logical, balanced approach and not be paranoid like I've seen on here (not you). Thanks!
Willy wrote:
First post did not go. I'll recap:
Buy a bottle of Hartz Ultraguard foaming flea and tick shampoo. It comes in a light blue bottle. After a bath, spread head to toe, including hair. Spread moderately thick and let it dry. After it drys, put your clothes on and leave the treatment on for 2-3 hours. then wash off in a normal shower (soap, shampoo, etc). then, you can also use this as a spot treatment. I have left it on in this manner all night, without repercussion.
Treat in this manner every 3 days. Also a borax bath in the morning and a bleach bath at night. 1/2 cup liquid bleach, 1 to 1 1/2 of borax. One or the other, one at night, one in the morning.
I would do the shampoo treatments every 3 days for at least 14 days, then re-evaluate. hope that helps someone. It has helped me immensely.
Willy

Villisca, IA

#383 Jan 2, 2009
Regular scabies. I originally had them in about every part of my body before I figured out what I had. We tried 2 rounds of permethryn. No ivermectin. I've been fighting it for about 2 months now and I now just have a few bumps that appear now and then, which I am confident if I continue the same treatment pattern, will get down to nothing within a week or so. The permethryn just made me feel like there was poison in my extremities. I was just barely maintaining, but not making any real headway until I started using the dog shampoo. Isn't it wonderful that we have to go to such extremes to end this....

Oh and the shampoo not only relieves the symptoms,(ie. bumps clear up within a few days), but I ALWAYS find a few of the little black specs that have apparently popped out of my skin after applying the shampoo. So, absolutely no doubt, this is the best treatment I have found. The key I think is just to keep after it, because any eggs that did not die will be popping out babies in a matter of days.
Brandi

United States

#384 Jan 2, 2009
Willy wrote:
Regular scabies. I originally had them in about every part of my body before I figured out what I had. We tried 2 rounds of permethryn. No ivermectin. I've been fighting it for about 2 months now and I now just have a few bumps that appear now and then, which I am confident if I continue the same treatment pattern, will get down to nothing within a week or so. The permethryn just made me feel like there was poison in my extremities. I was just barely maintaining, but not making any real headway until I started using the dog shampoo. Isn't it wonderful that we have to go to such extremes to end this....
Oh and the shampoo not only relieves the symptoms,(ie. bumps clear up within a few days), but I ALWAYS find a few of the little black specs that have apparently popped out of my skin after applying the shampoo. So, absolutely no doubt, this is the best treatment I have found. The key I think is just to keep after it, because any eggs that did not die will be popping out babies in a matter of days.
How much is the shampoo and can you get it at like Walmart or do you have to go to a pet store?
Willy

Villisca, IA

#385 Jan 2, 2009
the shampoo is like $5.00 and you can get it pretty much anywhere that has pet stuff. A lot better than the 190.00 worth of stuff that I bought off of the internet......
hotwax

Los Angeles, CA

#386 Jan 2, 2009
Thanks Willy. Considering the fact that scabies are microscopic, how are you certain that this black bits are them? If the scabie is microscopic and unable to be seen by the naked eye, then none of us can certainly see an egg with the naked eye...makes me wonder what was it that popped out of you. One thing I'll say is that consistent perm worked for me...the only place i have a track now is on my hairline and thats the only place i didnt use it before. I go to the MD today so i will post what i learn. I am not going to overdo it with the washing sheets etc but i am not infested and neither is my house or i wouldve never shaken it the first time for over a month. the eggs dont take a month to hatch. As always thanks for sharing Willy.
Willy wrote:
the shampoo is like $5.00 and you can get it pretty much anywhere that has pet stuff. A lot better than the 190.00 worth of stuff that I bought off of the internet......
Willy

Villisca, IA

#387 Jan 2, 2009
Not here to contemplate the science of scabies. Just want to share what is working for me....

Respectfully.
Willy

Villisca, IA

#389 Jan 7, 2009
UPDATE: The dog shampoo (from earlier post on pg 318)is working miracles. A couple of times I have applied it head to toe before bed and left it on all night, continued taking a borax bath in the morning and a bleach bath at night. And for the first time since this whole thing started, I was able to just take a regular shower today, no itch, no bath. I'll take another bleach bath tonight and will probably do one more overnight treatment to be safe. But I am half way through my day, and feel great. Just thought I would post this. I think I'm about done. Forget the Perm, forget the stupid online crap (like the ad above this post). Sleep well :) Let me know if this helps anyone!
Woman On Edge

Saint Louis, MO

#390 Jan 7, 2009
So my question to you is how long does it take get rid of the scabies after using the bleach? Can I use it in my 2 year old's bathe water? I am African American and I think they are in my hair. Will the mites die out of my head if I rid tem of my body?
evangelist akins wrote:
I know this might sound crazy;however, Ive worked in a nursing home for 9 years, and I know all about Scabies.To treat them I would run a bath (as you usually would) Take bleach(of any kind)and place about 5-7 caps full in the bath.The bleach is deluted in by the water,so you won't have to worry about it being too strong.Take a bath as you normally do. The bleach may dry your skin and may be a little harsh on your skin;however the itching will cease and the scabies will be gone. Do this a couple of times (at night)
ken

Thunder Bay, Canada

#392 Jan 16, 2009
When I had scabies it was the most horrible thing , I felt uncomfortable around everyone and thought it would never end,there is a quick way to end your breakout safely. Permethrin does not work folks if you have had scabies for a couple weeks and it is dangerous.

"STOP Scabies Pain And Itching From Home, In 24 Hours Or Less With No Doctors, No Wasted Money, And No Drugs..."

http://dwarfurl.com/15b76
adam

Mifflintown, PA

#393 Jan 18, 2009
to all of you that have the black specks come out after using bleach or dog shampoo....
its not scabies, you have some other parasite.
scabies are microscopic. the eggs are smaller.
adam

Mifflintown, PA

#394 Jan 18, 2009
now then.....
if you have scabies:
1. dont panic, its a common problem. there are hundreds of thousands of cases each year in the US alone.
2. go to a doctor, or dermatologist. they have methods to tell if it is scabies, and medications to treat it.
3. follow the prescribed treatment methods
4. you will still itch for up to a month afterwards.
Ivan -Please help

AOL

#395 Jan 23, 2009
Okay,I got perscription medicine cream from the dermatologist and pills which I take 6 of them every other week but they do not work. The itching is crazy and they just jump on my body from one place to the next. What is best for the itching and the cure? I read on this site that some people put 7 caps of bleach in a bath and that helps. What does everything think is the best way to kill them and what over the counter cream is the best so I can control the Itch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
arm & hammer (Sep '09) 6 hr Bill 986
No more lies about scabies. (Mar '12) 8 hr Shelly Dawn 107
where does YOUR scabies come from? (Feb '09) 8 hr Shelly Dawn 89
stop sending this! 20 hr I donngk ow the name 2
Post Scabies Itch Syndrome (Mar '12) 21 hr Mister j 206
Ordering Links (Feb '07) Fri Mite b crazy 260
Please help - possible scabies??? Fri recreational 12
More from around the web