how do i get rid of scabies once and ...
pretty crazy

Brooklyn, NY

#4039 Dec 2, 2013
nursing home/oozing blisters is a correlation only, not necessarily causation. can very well be scabies or another parasite. don't rely on textbook explanations of scabies. good to keep weeping sores clean and under control.
Sanchez

Seattle, WA

#4040 Dec 6, 2013
My best friend has had it for two months and I got it from her...its all over my body and it hurts so bad. Im 18 and in high school I need to get rid of it before I give it to someone please help.
Rachel

Goodna, Australia

#4041 Dec 9, 2013
Nordic wrote:
I've had scabies for 6 months and tried EVERYTHING mentioned on the forums, but nothing worked.
Finally, I did some research & developed my own mixture which WORKED LIKE A CHARM..NO MORE SCABIES!
I mixed curry powder, sea salt, baking soda & vaseline and applied it ALL over my body.
(the tumeric in the curry kills the scabies, the sea salt draws them OUT of your skin & the vaseline smothers them so they cannot breathe.)
It's safe around eyes, in your ears, in your nose.
You can even rub it on your privates!
Change into some OLD clothes and keep the mixture on for only 2 hours.(relax)
Shower thoroughly in HOT water & wash your curry covered clothes in HOT water.(and your towel)
I have not had ONE itch in days...Hallelujah!
Could you please give the exact measurements that were used please. I googled curry powder and it did say that it has been used for scabies and I did see somewhere on another post where a woman used petroleum jelly all over her body to suffocate the mite and it worked. Not sure for how long she used it for and whether she added anything to it. So if you could please reply to this I would and others greatly appreciate it :-)
End of rope

Valley, AL

#4042 Dec 11, 2013
I have done about everything I have read on the web plus medicine and it seems nothing is working. Tea tree oil, peppermint oil, clove oil, de (abbreviated) the only thing I haven't used is sulfur soap and got it coming. Washed all clothes in hot water, bagged the ones we aren't wearing now. Been told pets don't get them and today told that they do. About decided to take a bath in gasoline to see if that might work but the way it's working out that just might give them more fuel or put them in hyperspeed or something. We have been to two dermatologist and was told it was an allergic reaction, they put us on about 4 different antihistamines didn't work. Have been to a allergist who was suppose to be an expert but more antihistamine. Don't know how many MD's we have been to. We were finally told scabies, how to get rid of them? Don't know how much we have spent on all this and no firm results yet and don't see an end in sight. We have used Rid, fed them, used Nix, fed them again. I do believe that there is a mixture of oils that I haven't come up with yet that will work. When I do run across it I will post the mixture here. So until then may the God that created these little things kill every one of them.
Vanessa

Turkey

#4043 Dec 12, 2013
End of rope wrote:
I have done about everything I have read on the web plus medicine and it seems nothing is working. Tea tree oil, peppermint oil, clove oil, de (abbreviated) the only thing I haven't used is sulfur soap and got it coming. Washed all clothes in hot water, bagged the ones we aren't wearing now. Been told pets don't get them and today told that they do. About decided to take a bath in gasoline to see if that might work but the way it's working out that just might give them more fuel or put them in hyperspeed or something. We have been to two dermatologist and was told it was an allergic reaction, they put us on about 4 different antihistamines didn't work. Have been to a allergist who was suppose to be an expert but more antihistamine. Don't know how many MD's we have been to. We were finally told scabies, how to get rid of them? Don't know how much we have spent on all this and no firm results yet and don't see an end in sight. We have used Rid, fed them, used Nix, fed them again. I do believe that there is a mixture of oils that I haven't come up with yet that will work. When I do run across it I will post the mixture here. So until then may the God that created these little things kill every one of them.
Scabies are zoonotic. They do cross from one mammal to another. They can pass from humans to pets and from pets to humans. From pet owner to cats and from cats to pet owner. From birds to human and from human to birds and so forth.

This all depends on your immunity on how fast you are able to eliminate this disease. Age plays a huge role.

Essential oil combinations may help to get your numbers down, but are not usually strong enough to knock them out.

The best meds for this is ivermectin/stromectol tablets and Elimite Permethrin Cream. Used about once a week for about 4 to 6 weeks.

Good luck.

Since: Oct 09

Fayetteville, NC

#4044 Dec 12, 2013
I have had this stuff for 8 years. Doctors told me to wait until I got a diagnosis. I did eventually get a diagnosis but only by an optamologist. Now it gets in my eyes, up my nose, down in my ear drugs, in my privates, got e-coil from it, in my eyes, sinus infection from it. Never listen to a doctor when they tell you to wait. It was impossible to find anyone that would give me meds. Finally after a year and a half, I get three more tubes of meds. My face is by far the worst. I did three treatments in the past month with no success. Frustrating and I took all the carpets out, have nearly every piece of clothes bagged. Need to figure out how much horse paste to use and where to buy ivermectin online. Don't say Canada and UK, because they require a perscription too. I've seen my cats have this crusty stuff up their nose. I find it when I sweep, on the rim of the toilet. I'm diabetic so it's really hard on my feet and eyes. Diabetics can't control the mite population. Doctors are a waste of money!
umathr

Lansing, MI

#4045 Dec 13, 2013
End of rope wrote:
please do not take a bath in gasoline. Once I applied kerosene and it did not work out well.
umathr

Lansing, MI

#4046 Dec 13, 2013
I had gotten rid of them for about eight wonderful months. I think my partner may be a carrier, but anyway they are back, I have them again. I am using sulfur soap as my first line of defense. I am also taking clove, and wormwood and zinc. It is rather upsetting, to put it mildly. I will be hitting them hard starting tomorrow with the sulfur soap. That is to say full body application with a brush. Soft bristle bath brush, working the soap in letting it dry. I really hate scabies, today I was thinking about how to end it all and about how much I hated life but this forum helps. If science would just spend 2 minutes on how to cure scabies Im sure they could very easy. The sulfur soap really does help. I am not saying it cures but does help. You can get eight bars for 25 dollars free shipping from sulfursoap.com they ship very fast. I also use aloe gel organic I think it helps. I have used nix and ridx but not to much like.
umathr

Lansing, MI

#4047 Dec 13, 2013
Adana wrote:
I have had this stuff for 8 years. Doctors told me to wait until I got a diagnosis. I did eventually get a diagnosis but only by an optamologist. Now it gets in my eyes, up my nose, down in my ear drugs, in my privates, got e-coil from it, in my eyes, sinus infection from it. Never listen to a doctor when they tell you to wait. It was impossible to find anyone that would give me meds. Finally after a year and a half, I get three more tubes of meds. My face is by far the worst. I did three treatments in the past month with no success. Frustrating and I took all the carpets out, have nearly every piece of clothes bagged. Need to figure out how much horse paste to use and where to buy ivermectin online. Don't say Canada and UK, because they require a perscription too. I've seen my cats have this crusty stuff up their nose. I find it when I sweep, on the rim of the toilet. I'm diabetic so it's really hard on my feet and eyes. Diabetics can't control the mite population. Doctors are a waste of money!
I think I will be buying some horse paste (ivermectin) soon, just in case.
kiki

United States

#4048 Dec 14, 2013
Hi I am 14 yrs old and my bff just told me she has scabied.. eek what do Ido? I have skool in two days and I am always with her I have been itching like crazy and I have bumps and everything can't afford to go to a doctor any home tips on getting rid of it please help mne
pregnant w scabies

Roswell, GA

#4049 Dec 14, 2013
kiki wrote:
Hi I am 14 yrs old and my bff just told me she has scabied.. eek what do Ido? I have skool in two days and I am always with her I have been itching like crazy and I have bumps and everything can't afford to go to a doctor any home tips on getting rid of it please help mne
Tell your parents immediately. Go to the doctor and get the permetherin for your whole family. Use it twice, once a week two weeks. Head to toe. Wash and clean everything everyday especially covers and pillowcases and clothes worn. Have clean washed clothes ready for those two weeks. Bag all other clothes and cloth items for two weeks and wash after bein taken out. stay away from your friend until she has done treatment as well
cbscjr

United States

#4050 Dec 14, 2013
So I heard by using. Ceyenne pepper nd water to mix in to a paste works it burns the eggs nd mites itself when applying it will burn bt when washn it off u want to wash off with cold water and when taking baths try using dawn antibacterial soap that should help as well spray ur matress with lysol and vacuum everythn else that can be washd wash it if possible steam sanitize it and when dryn steam sanitize as well if not just wash w really hot water and hottest temp in dryer everything while doing so u want vacuum ur carpet nd bag up stuffd animals nd clothes nd shoes u r not using vacuum couches nd spray down with lysol counter tops and shelves nd furniture wipe down w lysol and clean ur entire tub and toilet....
not new

Corona, NY

#4051 Dec 14, 2013
Some of us may have resistant or different sorts of mites and also varying allergies that persist. Agree with UMATHR about sulfur soap being an effective treatment over periods of time, to manage the situation-- leave it on the skin. Though for those of you who catch this quickly, use in addition to and not instead of invermectin or permethrin (for some of you those medicines do the trick but others are being re-infested by something or who knows maybe by neighbors or even self)

Somewhat on the same schedule as UMATHR I have also had a 6 month incremental but dramatic lessening and almost gone but recently had some possible tracks on legs that I am not sure about. Deep scrubbing! And if there is no access to really really hot water for clothes washing then buy cheap socks and throw out the old!

For those who have had this over some years, an essential tool is patience, as you know. For those newbies writing about kerosene or such things, be v careful and all should read back on this thread and learn from the older posts going way back. Many of the home remedy gimmicks don't work but dermotologists are not the right sort of doctor to ask-- they are ignorant as a rule, see if you can get access to a parasitologist if you have a condition that wont respond. Anyway one size does not fit all tho we can learn from each other.
God Bless.
Worried Mum

Singapore, Singapore

#4052 Dec 19, 2013
Thank you everyone. I don't feel so guilty now. I have been treating my Daughter and husband for a month now after finding a severe infestation on my daughters big toe. She never complained of scrathing or Itching Dr has given her 4 Ivermectrin last week but thinking my husband and I and the West Highland Terrier as well as our visiting son should have be en given some as well. Scared about the longevity of this. Tumble drying everything now and worried about my furniture want to throw it all out. I normally wash the covers but the man part I ave steamed a few times.
Oh my G is this the future! Washing washing washing. We don't know where she got it from.
Worried Mum

Singapore, Singapore

#4053 Dec 19, 2013
Rachel wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you please give the exact measurements that were used please. I googled curry powder and it did say that it has been used for scabies and I did see somewhere on another post where a woman used petroleum jelly all over her body to suffocate the mite and it worked. Not sure for how long she used it for and whether she added anything to it. So if you could please reply to this I would and others greatly appreciate it :-)
Hi, what were the contents of the curry powder?
Worried Mum

Singapore, Singapore

#4054 Dec 19, 2013
Hi well I have just mixed a tub of Aqueous cream, cos that's what I had, with Coconut oil,( my daughters skin improved when I was smothering her with that and manuka honey twice a day, might have been smothering the mites) Squalene(shark Liver oil, to protect the skin a little, sa salt about 4ounzes, will increase it if necessary, A pot if Turmtic. I have just applied the mix to my daughters feet and legs, bless her.( it did sting my knee where I had a track, but she didn't complain. I will let you know how I get on.
pregnant with scabies

Roswell, GA

#4055 Dec 19, 2013
Worried Mum wrote:
Hi well I have just mixed a tub of Aqueous cream, cos that's what I had, with Coconut oil,( my daughters skin improved when I was smothering her with that and manuka honey twice a day, might have been smothering the mites) Squalene(shark Liver oil, to protect the skin a little, sa salt about 4ounzes, will increase it if necessary, A pot if Turmtic. I have just applied the mix to my daughters feet and legs, bless her.( it did sting my knee where I had a track, but she didn't complain. I will let you know how I get on.
Have you done the permetherin?
Charles

Hollywood, FL

#4056 Dec 19, 2013
not new wrote:
Some of us may have resistant or different sorts of mites and also varying allergies that persist. Agree with UMATHR about sulfur soap being an effective treatment over periods of time, to manage the situation-- leave it on the skin. Though for those of you who catch this quickly, use in addition to and not instead of invermectin or permethrin (for some of you those medicines do the trick but others are being re-infested by something or who knows maybe by neighbors or even self)
Somewhat on the same schedule as UMATHR I have also had a 6 month incremental but dramatic lessening and almost gone but recently had some possible tracks on legs that I am not sure about. Deep scrubbing! And if there is no access to really really hot water for clothes washing then buy cheap socks and throw out the old!
For those who have had this over some years, an essential tool is patience, as you know. For those newbies writing about kerosene or such things, be v careful and all should read back on this thread and learn from the older posts going way back. Many of the home remedy gimmicks don't work but dermotologists are not the right sort of doctor to ask-- they are ignorant as a rule, see if you can get access to a parasitologist if you have a condition that wont respond. Anyway one size does not fit all tho we can learn from each other.
God Bless.
Sulphur soap does NOT cure scabies. Umathr is a sulphur soap salesperson on this forum and pretends to be someone suffering from scabies. She never "really" gets rid of her scabies, because if she did, she would honestly not be able to come on here for years, with the "sulphur soap come on." You say that many of the home remedies do not work. I agree. Look up the med ivermectin and use it, along with a GOOD topical, and you will be cured. Yes, patience is the key.
Bruce

Bangor, ME

#4057 Dec 19, 2013
Sulfur soap DOES cure scabies, but you have to be consistent and use it daily and leave it on for at least five minutes as I have described before on this thread, and as I recently explained in some detail recently on the thread entitled,'Removing Scabies From Your Environment." Just go to the end of that thread and see my last 4 or 5 Posts for the details and other useful information to help you cure scabies.

I do not believe Umather is a sulfur soap salesperson, but rather someone who having cured scabies simply wishes to help others rid themselves of the unwelcome condition. The ingestion and/or use of potentially dangerous chemicals/drugs, some of which are meant for animals and not humans, is not needed.

Historically, there are accounts of WWII veterans washing each other's backs with sulfur to rid themseles of scabies before returning to the U.S. from the battlefields of Europe.
Sulfur worked then and it works today, as it kills scabies by smothering the mites on the surface of the skin. Thus scabies is unable to develop a resistance to its action. Therefore the daily use of sulfur soap will eventually kill all of the scabies mites which hatch and rise to the surface of the skin. That is also why consistently cleaning the environment is necessary to prevent reinfestation.

Again, see my last 4 or 5 Posts near the end of the thread, "Removing Scabies From Your Environment " for other useful tips which I used to cure myself of scabies, as well as bird mites!
Noved

United States

#4058 Dec 20, 2013
I'm really curious how all these people seem to have tons of money to drop on these topical creams. I read near the start of the thread someone saying they used FIVE tubes of perm? I know it's quite a few years later, but I doubt the cost of it has gone down much. I know from someone who has zero income and no insurance, it's pretty difficult to actually fight this. Everyone saying 'You can beat this!' seems to have some kind of endless supply of money to spend on ridiculously expensive cures.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies help 4 hr Lovechalola1 19
arm & hammer (Sep '09) 5 hr Deed 956
NATROBA: The FDA in the US just approved this n... (Jan '11) 5 hr Monica 5
Please help me guys (Oct '15) Fri parasites 61
the cure is so simple, I can't believe it...... (Jan '11) Fri parasites 1,425
Where to find the "Imidicroprid thread" and "I'... Fri parasites 3
will sulfur soap get rid of scabies (Jun '10) Thu Jenie 207
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) Jul 26 Melanie RAPHAEL 823
More from around the web