Midland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/di...
unbelievable wrote:
H Jackie,
I will do this for 1 month. Thanks for the explanation of the Iver itch. That makes sense. Yesterday I used the Nu Stock all day. I even diluted it down with coconut oil because the itching and stinging was so bad. The itching/stinging was pretty fierce even diluted. It seems that when they are upset they kinda bite. However, by the end of the day, interestingly enough, the itching began to subside. Last night, I reapplied on my arms. I awoke at 3:00AM and could feel a slight itching and movement but NOTHING like before. Went back to sleep and found that this morning there are little bites and welts in the crease of only one arm. My worst arm, the left, is remarkably clear. When I first applied the Nu Stock to the left arm in the area I felt the "exodus" I referred to in an earlier post, it stung and itched SOOOO badly I had to take it off for awhile. Today, there is no burn, no itch in that spot. I am almost optimistic. I know they don't go away quickly but progress. I have thought of ordering Lyme Sulfur dip to my arsenal. The Nu stock has 73% sulfur. I think the bites are the nymphs coming to the surface? The straight Nu Stock application did seem to raise up anywhere and everywhere I had a burrow, mite, egg, debris or anything. It was strange. I didn't think I had so many spots. I got these from my mother who is in a VERY EXPENSIVE memory care living facility, as she has 3rd stage dementia. I say that because this plague can happen anywhere to anyone. My mother actually had/has the Norwegian Crusted Scabies. I didn't know what it was when I went to visit her and saw this horrible rash. I lifted her shirt and touched her belly where she had a crust. She was covered in them. I took her to the nurse and she exclaimed "Don't touch it! It is scabies. We have had another (ANOTHER?) outbreak and almost everyone is infected." Thanks for telling me! Needless to say, I had touched it AND spent 4 hours lunching and walking with my mom hand in hand, arm in arm. I didn't realize that washing my hands and applying LICE cream would not do the trick. 4 weeks or so later, I had scabies and quite a few. It did not turn into crusted scabies but I had more mites than usual. Don't know why I shared all that except to just get it off my chest. Oh and for those that are wondering why I don't move my mom...No place will even consider her until she is clear. Very tiring indeed.
Time 2 stand

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

steph wrote:
hi, i need people's help... me and my boyfriend have been itching for the last 3-4months... he went to the docs and they brushed it off as bed mites or something so we spent a fortune on stuff for that and nothing happened... we both went and they said we had scabies... they gave us Derbac M. you cover your body in it for 24hours then wash it off and the same again a week later. we did this and we're still scratching... i am not allowed to work until im totally cured and i cant afford to take any more time off work... plus, im covered in scabs and blood is always on the bed covers from itching at night. please somebody help me, coz it is actually driving me mad. and you read about these people who have had it for years and i couldnt cope with it. please help. thank you!!
Time to stop talking here and bring it to the ones that Need to do something about it. Write and make your voice heard and stop this madness. Document Title:   CDC- Contact CDC-INFO
http://www.cdc.gov/cdc-info/req
Itchy

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

unbelievable wrote:
So The next dose of Ivermectin was the injectable form 1%. I took the recommended dose. It does work but differently than the Stromectol. It took longer to metabolize. I know this because I would get the side effects from the pills more quickly. It took longer and lasted longer when I took the injectable 1%. My husband said he had the same experience.
I found I cannot use the BB as it makes me very jittery. I am bummed because I would like to stop using Perm cream and the sulfur I am not sure really works. I have used topical pour on Ivermectin as well with this last dose of Ivermectin orally. I think it gives it an extra kick. I didn't realize there was a protocol for dosing Ivermectin. 1,2,8,9, I can't remember the rest. Right now I am dosing every 4 days instead of 3 because I get such a dopey feeling from the oral Ivermectin. I will dose again tomorrow. I have used topical pour on Iver in the days between and when I really itch I use Perm cream for spots.
I am winging it to be sure.
I got crazy the other day and combined pour on Ivermectin with Sulfur and a some Permethrin cream. I couldn't stand the itch! So then I thought I would add some Preparation H to just stop the itching. I had a chemical reaction. It didn't hurt but the skin got raised in the area I had the burrows and the burrows turned white while the rest of the skin turned red. I clearly had more than I thought I had. I let it stay on because at least it didn't itch! After about an hour it started to burn around the crease of my arms so I washed it off. I had a wicked chemical burn on the sites that had the burrows. But guess what, no new bites and no new burrows. I think I may have killed the majority of them. Now I just need to get rid of the rest of them. I wouldn't recommend this but it happened so I thought I would write it down.
Please stop polluting this forum with your daily psycho babble. It is of no help here.

Since: Oct 09

Midland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/health/news/article...

This 100 year old lady died of Scabies because they didn't do enough for her for scabies. A treatment wasn't enough. She really needed Ivermectin. Don't let people fool you and don't listen to those stupid doctors, nurses, and dermatologists. Scabies burrow endlessly and cause deaths sometimes.
Kramelo

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Worst experience ever!! I read that salt dehydrates the mites so I went to the store bought salt and pour it all over my body since it was driving me insane left it for about 30 min , it stopped the itching and dried some of the infected areas , bought the night shade plant and boiled and took baths (6-8). It worked , you could research the properties of the plant , its worth the try, good luck everyone.
Gomer

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

Soak in warm bath with 1 cup of bleach. Take a shower (alternate between hot and cold water)wash with Dr.Bonner's liquid tea tree oil soap. Spray skin with hydrogen peroxide. Eat plenty of garlic.
Good Luck... Live Long and Prosper.

Midland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Kramelo, Also yellow onion skin has a ( quarsitine ?) chemical that stops the itching. I boiled it, deluted it with water, put it in a spray bottle and sprayed myself. Worked great and didn't even smell bad, so I put it in my bath water too! LOL I use bleach Dawn in the kitchen since bleach kills them. Lavendar is another.

Midland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/health/news/article...

This is a 100 yr old lady with Crusted/Norwegian Scabies. She died from them as they choked her to death.
missy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Ive taken 5 bleach baths with sea salt sometimes twice a day and Im still Itchy...along with 5% pcream doc gave me and cleaning like a xrazy woman....and still Itchy.oh I bought some hoarse Iver and took that too...still Itchy...now what.evangelist akins"]I know this might sound crazy;however, Ive worked in a nursing home for 9 years, and I know all about Scabies.To treat them I would run a bath (as you usually would) Take bleach(of any kind)and place about 5-7 caps full in the bath.The bleach is deluted in by the water,so you won't have to worry about it being too strong.Take a bath as you normally do. The bleach may dry your skin and may be a little harsh on your skin;however the itching will cease and the scabies will be gone. Do this a couple of times (at night)

Since: Dec 10

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

I got rid of my scabies using sulfur soap, organic aloe vera gel, and by taking 90 mg zinc every day. When you use the soap you must work it into the skin, use a soft bristle bath brush. Try and take the aloe internally and apply directly to the skin. The zinc is really good againest scabies. Scabies hate aloe gel.
Etcantu

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Anyone get swollen lips from this? I get these random swollen lips..usually one side. It started before I knew it was scabies but now I am post scabies I hope. After three weeks since my last perm treatment the hive are a bit better but I still get them late in afternoon and evening. The morning hives seemed to have stopped. I have been living on antihistamines. Two in afternoon two at bed time maybe in the middle of the night. It's the only thing that stops the hives. Still get depressed because its not over and because my dog still itches even though he has been treated for two months. I wash at night with neem oil soap..stinks like hell but I am paranoid of reinfestation but am waiting out. I have poisoned myself enough. Anyway..feeling down with a stupid fat lip.

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

I get the feeling that everyone or most everyone is on there own trip and disregards what other people say about curing scabies. But and this is a big but, I did cure myself of scabies they are gone and have been gone for months. I had had them for years, you can go and look at my posts. I used sulfur soap, organic aloe gel, and 90 mg of zinc a day. Zinc is a very cheap vitamin, organic aloe gel is inexpensive, and so is sulfur soap. This cure should work pretty fast. I get my aloe gel from vitacost that is the cheapest place I could find. Do a google search for zinc and sulfur soap. You can get zinc almost anywhere and it is cheap, do not over do it with the zinc, do not take more than 90 or 100 mg.

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Etcantu wrote:
Anyone get swollen lips from this? I get these random swollen lips..usually one side. It started before I knew it was scabies but now I am post scabies I hope. After three weeks since my last perm treatment the hive are a bit better but I still get them late in afternoon and evening. The morning hives seemed to have stopped. I have been living on antihistamines. Two in afternoon two at bed time maybe in the middle of the night. It's the only thing that stops the hives. Still get depressed because its not over and because my dog still itches even though he has been treated for two months. I wash at night with neem oil soap..stinks like hell but I am paranoid of reinfestation but am waiting out. I have poisoned myself enough. Anyway..feeling down with a stupid fat lip.
I tried neem and you are right it stinks like hell, one of the worst smells ever, and it does not work. As I remember it smells like puke. If you do nothing else at this point get some zinc start taking it, read my post below or above. Good luck and stay strong.

Midland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Renal damage from Scabies in children.

http://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes/83/1/lawr...
jay

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

steph wrote:
hi, i need people's help... me and my boyfriend have been itching for the last 3-4months... he went to the docs and they brushed it off as bed mites or something so we spent a fortune on stuff for that and nothing happened... we both went and they said we had scabies... they gave us Derbac M. you cover your body in it for 24hours then wash it off and the same again a week later. we did this and we're still scratching... i am not allowed to work until im totally cured and i cant afford to take any more time off work... plus, im covered in scabs and blood is always on the bed covers from itching at night. please somebody help me, coz it is actually driving me mad. and you read about these people who have had it for years and i couldnt cope with it. please help. thank you!!
Hi I've been fight it for 8 weeks myself and been to the drs. Got the cream 6 times spent a1000. Dollars and nothing worked so I read about ivermectin 187 is what the Dr. Gives orally and it clicked I give ivermectin to my horse for all kinds of things it might be unorthodox but I went to tractor supply got a oral syringe of it and its only 2.99 instead of 45.00 for the pill the Dr. Gives tooky eight doubled it.( and u can get up to four doses from it) took it and then I take a bleach bath 1.5 cups of bleach and soaked for 30 mins. Felt relieve the first time ( bath at night when their active) don't towel dry. Air dry leaving the bleach on them shower it of in the morning and lotion ur skin it will itch alittle from being dry. I have done it for four days straight then I did the ivermectin187 again. All my bumps are flat and scabbing over and have almost no bits( god it feels good to sleep) and since the eggs hatch with in 10 days I'm going to keep doing it for 14 day then see. It might seem o er the top but extreme things take extreme measures. But I have no new bits and the bit marks are almost totally gone. I read that a scabiesite is from the spider family so I sprayed all my beds and carpet and my car everywhere I go on a normal day and let it all dry the vacaum every day and it has seemed to work so far I have hardly any marks at all and no new ones..remember when u bath it need to be as hot as u can take it. Hope this help all who read its done wonders for me and its cheap. God bless everyone I'll pray it helps all who trys this I'll check back in 11ore days and let u know how its going.

Midland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Scabies is a very big ignored thing all over the world. Read what doctors aren't telling you and don't know.

http://www.plosntds.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F...

Fed up

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

How long will I continue to get sporadic red bumps I did 4 lots of premethrin since the middle of August. It's been almost 4 weeks since my last treatment and I continue to get the odd itchy spot on its own not in a group. Some look like bites with a hole in the centre. Am I post scabies or still suffering I need help with this it's driving me mad and I'm set to move abroad with work at the end of October I can't go whilst still suffering

Please help
Linda

Quakers Hill, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Fed up wrote:
How long will I continue to get sporadic red bumps I did 4 lots of premethrin since the middle of August. It's been almost 4 weeks since my last treatment and I continue to get the odd itchy spot on its own not in a group. Some look like bites with a hole in the centre. Am I post scabies or still suffering I need help with this it's driving me mad and I'm set to move abroad with work at the end of October I can't go whilst still suffering
Please help
Some people have an allergic reaction to the permethrin cream - itchy red spots. Rosemary oil is great for that - you can apply it neat. If it is still scabies, get some natural insect repellant with thyme oil in it and apply it straight after the rosemary oil. I am not sure if I still had scabies or just the allergic reaction but it worked beautifully. Good Luck
hope

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

can I apply deltamethrin to my skin ? Will it work ? I have a 4.75% deltamethrin insecticide jug , wanna try it to nuke these suckers, god how I hate them
Heather

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

The only thing that works is permethrin or ivermectin. I bought both without a prescription at http://purchasetablets.com/... and it finally got rid of my scabies after a month of doing everything else first.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How I am treating drug resistant scabies 1 hr Drug resistant 1
so i picked up my ivermectin and permethrin cre... (Jun '08) 16 hr my son needs tre... 14
Pics of Scabies + 40$ Cure 17 hr Jackie 2
ScabiesBGone treatment, any advice?? 21 hr Balaji Krishnas 3
Cheapest home made cure ever. 22 hr CheapestCureOnline 1
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) 22 hr dancesilly2 885
Tea Tree Oil treating scabies? (Apr '07) 23 hr smileyme 172
Removing Scabies from your Environment (Jan '08) Aug 15 Poppykat 245

Search the Scabies Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••