how do i get rid of scabies once and ...
fiaff

Hollywood, FL

#3857 Aug 30, 2013
unbelievable wrote:
I did my next ivermectin treatment. My doc wouldn't let me move forward until I came in to see her and prove they were still not gone! Only one small spot on my upper elbow reacted so I am wondering if that is the only active mite patch I have. I pray so. I used a touch of perm cream then heated the area to kill any left-overs. Then I got scared and decided against leaving it on for too long, washed it off and applied Nu Stock. Hope it works. I feel like I am sooooo close. I did add a touch of DMSO as well before I got scared because I have a problem absorbing anything through my skin. I have had problems with other medications as well. I have VERY dry skin so it stops good absorption. I wonder if that is a common thread for us all? I know the DMSO will carry it deeper. The final spot did get really bothered when I added the DMSO to the perm cream. When I say added, BTW, I mean i spot treated with perm cream and then I took a Q-tip and barely touched the DMSO and then placed it on the spot. As I said, then I washed it off after 5 minutes because I was scared. Think I will be okay? I also bought some Neem and clove oil because I am so tired of poisoning myself. The Neem oil seemed to work but it made me feel kinda weird. Didn't like it. The clove didn't seem to have much effect. Does Neem soap work as well? I am writing this just after my dose of Iver and I am a bit spacey but not as bad as the first time. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Why would be you be scared to leave some permethrin/dmso on your active areas as spot treating? It seems logical to me. Many people on this forum spot treat, in addition to full body treatment.

The neem, clove, and tea tree oils won't do much for your scabies.

Your story about 50 mites moving under your skin is... well... a bit much.. don't you think? "must be your spacey iver feeling" going on, huh....
unbelievable

United States

#3858 Aug 30, 2013
Fiaff, thanks for the answer. I guess I didn't make it clear, sorry, it felt like 50 but I knew it was far less. It was just such a strange feeling.

I was worried because I know that perm cream is so bad for you and have been told that it is a neuro toxin. I certainly don't want to harm myself during this process. It is comforting to know that others do this spot treatment. It does seem to be the ONLY thing that takes em down after the Ivermectin.

That feeling that I get when I take Ivermectin is so strange. Yes, it is definitely spacey. If the eggs hatch every 3 days would it be practicle to treat every 3 or 4 days?
unbelievable

United States

#3859 Aug 30, 2013
BTW, thank you for commenting, there is so much to know and it becomes a bit overwhelming.
VSS

Golden, CO

#3860 Aug 30, 2013
Fiaff is a psychotic troll,been here antagonizing posters for 2 years now. Steer clear.
unbelievable

United States

#3861 Aug 31, 2013
Thank you. I think I should just steer clear of the forum. This is so stressful on its own that I can't imagine having some folks be so unkind. I have questions and it is difficult to get the doc to take me seriously. It is exhausting.

Again, thank you.
Jackie

Ardsley, NY

#3862 Aug 31, 2013
unbelievable wrote:
Thank you. I think I should just steer clear of the forum. This is so stressful on its own that I can't imagine having some folks be so unkind. I have questions and it is difficult to get the doc to take me seriously. It is exhausting.
Again, thank you.
Don't stop posting because of a few trolls. Your story will help others. Everyone's symptoms are different. It's good to see others react to meds.
unbelievable

United States

#3863 Aug 31, 2013
Thank you Jackie. I will keep people informed of my progress.
unbelievable

United States

#3864 Aug 31, 2013
Here is my protocol after reading until the words swim before my eyes. I will try Ivermectin orally every three days as per the life cycle of the mite. I will use Nu Stock every day diluted to 50/50 with coconut oil. I am choosing this despite my cabinet full of chemical concoctions as I ache from head to toe from the constant stream of stuff I have been taking and putting on. The concoctions have included:
*DMSO/Topical Ivermectin 5mg/ml Aspen brand
*DMSO/Perm cream 5% for spot treatments on active areas(and yes, it scares me to use these together as they are both toxic)
*Sulfer ointment 10%
*Sulfer soap 10%
*Enzyme cleaner and treatment for hair and body and home
*Borax bath
*Borax and Hydrogen Peroxide bath
*Bleach bath
*Bleach bottle
*Martins 10% Permethrin cut to 6% and then adding straight 10% to spots
*Awaiting Benzyl Benzoate delivery
*Neem oil straight
*Neem oil diluted
*Tea tree oil
*Peppermint oil
*clove oil both straight and diluted. It did burn but frankly a little burn doesn't bother me. I have had children for crying out load!

Here is what I have found out. If one has very dry skin and very little sebum or moisture (me) it is difficult to get ANYTHING to penetrate well without the use of DMSO to reach the mites.

Heat helps for sure. I do not know if it is the IPL light or just heat but something helped. They don't like it!

The Ivermectin oral dose worked the first time I took it. Itching stopped, bumps went away. Then...3 days or so later, eggs hatched and I itched again. Topical treatments as in my prior posts worked with heat and DMSO but only to control not cure.

Next oral dose Ivermectin I added straight Nu Stock to areas. Here is what happened.

I itched like a MAD DOG in only one area above my elbow. I do not know if that is where I had an active infestation or if it is the only thing that it touched. It is a mystery!

When I added the straight Nu Stock to my entire forearm my arm burned. Then, raised bumps started to appear in areas that had NOT reacted to the oral Ivermectin. I can only think that perhaps these are eggs? The area that had reacted to the oral Ivermectin also burned like a mo fo. I then treated those with DMSO and Perm cream. No new bites today just that deep itch feeling that I do not know if it is debris from the bugs or the bugs themselves. I feel dippy as hell today from the second dose of Ivermectin but hopefully I am making progress.

Here is why I do not try Advantix or all over application of perm and DMSO. I think it would kill me personally. I am VERY sensitive to ALL medications so I tend to get a lot of the side effects. With my first dose of Ivermectin I had the heart palpitation and spacey feeling. It didn't last as long as it has this time but I am thinking it may be because of all the other crap I have been putting on my skin, specifically DMSO and topical Ivermectin and DMSO and Permethrin.

So there you have it. Right now the deep itch could be because my reaction to the Nu Stock or it could be the debris or it could be because of the mites. I will keep you posted.

Thanks to all that have come before me. Without you I know not where I would be.
unbelievable

United States

#3865 Aug 31, 2013
* loud :)
ImScared

Sydney, Australia

#3866 Aug 31, 2013
Hey guys im really scared of this stuff im in year 7 I live in australia and im really scared of these little bugs im not to keen on bleach bathing but I just wanna know how long could it take to get rid of this im so itchy and I never sleep anymore because I keep scratching the doctors always say "oh it's nothing im pretty sure it'll go away" and im not sure that that is a true estimation of my skin problems so does anyone have any suggestions on which is a good cream/treatment I could use thanks
unbelievable

United States

#3867 Aug 31, 2013
I am so sorry to hear of your problems, ImScared. So many people on here are struggling. Mitewarrior and Farie with oglies(sp?) have both found success with very extreme methods of treatment. You might read those posts. Both have done a high dose of Ivermectin coupled with topical Permethrin one with DMSO and one with Advantix 45%. It appears this is what it takes. I don't know. I wish I could be more encouraging. I am hoping that the regimen I am praying above will work. I am using a very high dose of sulfur ointment with oral Ivermectin. Can you go to a doc and get a skin scrape? At least you will have a definitive diagnosis. Demand that they get to the bottom of it.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#3868 Aug 31, 2013
ImScared wrote:
Hey guys im really scared of this stuff im in year 7 I live in australia and im really scared of these little bugs im not to keen on bleach bathing but I just wanna know how long could it take to get rid of this im so itchy and I never sleep anymore because I keep scratching the doctors always say "oh it's nothing im pretty sure it'll go away" and im not sure that that is a true estimation of my skin problems so does anyone have any suggestions on which is a good cream/treatment I could use thanks
you need to talk to your parents and get a second opinion preferably from a dermatologist not a doctor (GP). Get a referral from the doctor so you can claim some money back on medicare.Look at your skin for spider vein formations,these may be a straight line or like a spider web formation, white or grey scratch marks that form a line.If so point these things out to the doctor/dermo. Check your knees, ankles, look at your fingers and inner arms.

In the meantime be gentle with your skin, use some tea tree in moisturiser where you itch and avoid harsh soaps.

Before using pesticides on your body you need to be sure you have scabies not dermatisis. Are you allergic to anything? what is something you have been eating or doing that may result in an allergic reaction? how long have you felt like this? retrace your steps,who have you been with, did you touch an animal etc
Jackie

Springfield, NJ

#3869 Sep 1, 2013
unbelievable wrote:
Here is my protocol after reading until the words swim before my eyes. I will try Ivermectin orally every three days as per the life cycle of the mite. I will use Nu Stock every day diluted to 50/50 with coconut oil. I am choosing this despite my cabinet full of chemical concoctions as I ache from head to toe from the constant stream of stuff I have been taking and putting on. The concoctions have included:
*DMSO/Topical Ivermectin 5mg/ml Aspen brand
*DMSO/Perm cream 5% for spot treatments on active areas(and yes, it scares me to use these together as they are both toxic)
*Sulfer ointment 10%
*Sulfer soap 10%
*Enzyme cleaner and treatment for hair and body and home
*Borax bath
*Borax and Hydrogen Peroxide bath
*Bleach bath
*Bleach bottle
*Martins 10% Permethrin cut to 6% and then adding straight 10% to spots
*Awaiting Benzyl Benzoate delivery
*Neem oil straight
*Neem oil diluted
*Tea tree oil
*Peppermint oil
*clove oil both straight and diluted. It did burn but frankly a little burn doesn't bother me. I have had children for crying out load!
Here is what I have found out. If one has very dry skin and very little sebum or moisture (me) it is difficult to get ANYTHING to penetrate well without the use of DMSO to reach the mites.
Heat helps for sure. I do not know if it is the IPL light or just heat but something helped. They don't like it!
The Ivermectin oral dose worked the first time I took it. Itching stopped, bumps went away. Then...3 days or so later, eggs hatched and I itched again. Topical treatments as in my prior posts worked with heat and DMSO but only to control not cure.
Next oral dose Ivermectin I added straight Nu Stock to areas. Here is what happened.
I itched like a MAD DOG in only one area above my elbow. I do not know if that is where I had an active infestation or if it is the only thing that it touched. It is a mystery!
When I added the straight Nu Stock to my entire forearm my arm burned. Then, raised bumps started to appear in areas that had NOT reacted to the oral Ivermectin. I can only think that perhaps these are eggs? The area that had reacted to the oral Ivermectin also burned like a mo fo. I then treated those with DMSO and Perm cream. No new bites today just that deep itch feeling that I do not know if it is debris from the bugs or the bugs themselves. I feel dippy as hell today from the second dose of Ivermectin but hopefully I am making progress.
Here is why I do not try Advantix or all over application of perm and DMSO. I think it would kill me personally. I am VERY sensitive to ALL medications so I tend to get a lot of the side effects. With my first dose of Ivermectin I had the heart palpitation and spacey feeling. It didn't last as long as it has this time but I am thinking it may be because of all the other crap I have been putting on my skin, specifically DMSO and topical Ivermectin and DMSO and Permethrin.
So there you have it. Right now the deep itch could be because my reaction to the Nu Stock or it could be the debris or it could be because of the mites. I will keep you posted.
Thanks to all that have come before me. Without you I know not where I would be.
It sounds like you got the iver itch. That happens when the mites die off. How long are you planning to do your plan above?
unbelievable

United States

#3870 Sep 1, 2013
H Jackie,

I will do this for 1 month. Thanks for the explanation of the Iver itch. That makes sense. Yesterday I used the Nu Stock all day. I even diluted it down with coconut oil because the itching and stinging was so bad. The itching/stinging was pretty fierce even diluted. It seems that when they are upset they kinda bite. However, by the end of the day, interestingly enough, the itching began to subside. Last night, I reapplied on my arms. I awoke at 3:00AM and could feel a slight itching and movement but NOTHING like before. Went back to sleep and found that this morning there are little bites and welts in the crease of only one arm. My worst arm, the left, is remarkably clear. When I first applied the Nu Stock to the left arm in the area I felt the "exodus" I referred to in an earlier post, it stung and itched SOOOO badly I had to take it off for awhile. Today, there is no burn, no itch in that spot. I am almost optimistic. I know they don't go away quickly but progress. I have thought of ordering Lyme Sulfur dip to my arsenal. The Nu stock has 73% sulfur. I think the bites are the nymphs coming to the surface? The straight Nu Stock application did seem to raise up anywhere and everywhere I had a burrow, mite, egg, debris or anything. It was strange. I didn't think I had so many spots. I got these from my mother who is in a VERY EXPENSIVE memory care living facility, as she has 3rd stage dementia. I say that because this plague can happen anywhere to anyone. My mother actually had/has the Norwegian Crusted Scabies. I didn't know what it was when I went to visit her and saw this horrible rash. I lifted her shirt and touched her belly where she had a crust. She was covered in them. I took her to the nurse and she exclaimed "Don't touch it! It is scabies. We have had another (ANOTHER?) outbreak and almost everyone is infected." Thanks for telling me! Needless to say, I had touched it AND spent 4 hours lunching and walking with my mom hand in hand, arm in arm. I didn't realize that washing my hands and applying LICE cream would not do the trick. 4 weeks or so later, I had scabies and quite a few. It did not turn into crusted scabies but I had more mites than usual. Don't know why I shared all that except to just get it off my chest. Oh and for those that are wondering why I don't move my mom...No place will even consider her until she is clear. Very tiring indeed.
Kelly

Lansing, MI

#3871 Sep 1, 2013
unbelievable wrote:
H Jackie,
I will do this for 1 month. Thanks for the explanation of the Iver itch. That makes sense. Yesterday I used the Nu Stock all day. I even diluted it down with coconut oil because the itching and stinging was so bad. The itching/stinging was pretty fierce even diluted. It seems that when they are upset they kinda bite. However, by the end of the day, interestingly enough, the itching began to subside. Last night, I reapplied on my arms. I awoke at 3:00AM and could feel a slight itching and movement but NOTHING like before. Went back to sleep and found that this morning there are little bites and welts in the crease of only one arm. My worst arm, the left, is remarkably clear. When I first applied the Nu Stock to the left arm in the area I felt the "exodus" I referred to in an earlier post, it stung and itched SOOOO badly I had to take it off for awhile. Today, there is no burn, no itch in that spot. I am almost optimistic. I know they don't go away quickly but progress. I have thought of ordering Lyme Sulfur dip to my arsenal. The Nu stock has 73% sulfur. I think the bites are the nymphs coming to the surface? The straight Nu Stock application did seem to raise up anywhere and everywhere I had a burrow, mite, egg, debris or anything. It was strange. I didn't think I had so many spots. I got these from my mother who is in a VERY EXPENSIVE memory care living facility, as she has 3rd stage dementia. I say that because this plague can happen anywhere to anyone. My mother actually had/has the Norwegian Crusted Scabies. I didn't know what it was when I went to visit her and saw this horrible rash. I lifted her shirt and touched her belly where she had a crust. She was covered in them. I took her to the nurse and she exclaimed "Don't touch it! It is scabies. We have had another (ANOTHER?) outbreak and almost everyone is infected." Thanks for telling me! Needless to say, I had touched it AND spent 4 hours lunching and walking with my mom hand in hand, arm in arm. I didn't realize that washing my hands and applying LICE cream would not do the trick. 4 weeks or so later, I had scabies and quite a few. It did not turn into crusted scabies but I had more mites than usual. Don't know why I shared all that except to just get it off my chest. Oh and for those that are wondering why I don't move my mom...No place will even consider her until she is clear. Very tiring indeed.
A little less psycho babble, unbelieveable, you nut job.
Jackie

Ardsley, NY

#3872 Sep 1, 2013
unbelievable wrote:
H Jackie,
So sorry to hear about your mom. This is a good place to vent. There are some nice people here. How long have you has scabies? Did you try p-cream and Iver they work well together. I use lyme dip on my dog omg does it smell bAd. Keep us posted on your treatment. Maybe you should think of doing iver with nustock
The TRUTH

Morgantown, KY

#3873 Sep 2, 2013
Some may have scabies but in all honesty it is Myiasis which the government says does not exist here in the USA because if is a Bio Warfare agent released in the USA. Also look up Lyme Bio Warfare! Good Luck
harriet

Roanoke, VA

#3874 Sep 2, 2013
steph wrote:
hi, i need people's help... me and my boyfriend have been itching for the last 3-4months... he went to the docs and they brushed it off as bed mites or something so we spent a fortune on stuff for that and nothing happened... we both went and they said we had scabies... they gave us Derbac M. you cover your body in it for 24hours then wash it off and the same again a week later. we did this and we're still scratching... i am not allowed to work until im totally cured and i cant afford to take any more time off work... plus, im covered in scabs and blood is always on the bed covers from itching at night. please somebody help me, coz it is actually driving me mad. and you read about these people who have had it for years and i couldnt cope with it. please help. thank you!!
Go to any farm/feed store and ask for horse wormer (ivermectin). I will say, however, that I didn't have a lot of luck with it. For one thing, I have much trouble translating from the gd metric to pounds and ounces. For another, we slacked up on cleaning once we thought this had done the job: husband seems still mite-free. Me, no. But the stuff is pretty benign. I've dosed hundreds of lambs and horses with it. No problems. And it doesn't taste too bad. Have chocolate ready. I am a voracious reader--as well as a retired farmer--and I've never had animal problems with it or read of human ones.

An ironic/bitter comment: my dermatologist who's doctored here for years took a glance at me last week and said I was cured. Don't count on any help from them. My GP two weeks ago rushed off to, I guess, consult a dosage chart for Stromectal (the human version), gave me a prescription, and said she'd see me in three months.
Bitchass

Ardsley, NY

#3875 Sep 2, 2013
Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
A little less psycho babble, unbelieveable, you nut job.
Your evil
Saved by Grace

Los Angeles, CA

#3877 Sep 3, 2013
gobigjeff wrote:
I was diagnosed by a professional nurse at a local health clinic with a moderate case of scabies in October, 2006. I had developed an outbreak of numerous itchy red bumps, some with small whiteheads, across my groin area and inner thighs. I was prescribed Elimite to treat the outbreak, and it seemed to work, however a few bumps remained and I treated again a week later. I was not able to get rid of all of the bumps, and they spread to my legs and abdomen. I bagged up all of my clothing, and laundered the rest, drying everything at a laundromat on high heat. A few weeks later, I reached into a bag to grab out a shirt, and the next day I had a huge outbreak on both arms. I went to a second nurse, who rediagnosed me with scabies event though she had never seen scabies before, basing her decisions upon my original diagnosis and treatment. I treated with Elimite again and it seemed to work ok. I was never able to get rid of all the bumps however with Elimite no matter how hard I cleaned. I bought the purple Extreem Clean off the DermatechRX website and the Mitactin salve and spray and that seemed to work better. I threw out a couch, and a rug, and a set of sheets, and began cleaning everything on a daily basis. I mopped my floor, did laundry, covered my mattress with a mattress cover, and wiped it down everyday. My girlfriend and best friend got it too. My friend went to see a third nurse who told him he had Folliculitis, which is basically a bacterial staph infection of the hair follicles on the skin. Well I laughed at first not believing that two previous medical professionals could have been wrong, but I researched it
online and sure enough, the symptoms and bumps looked exactly like what we had. We immediately stopped using the mitactin, and permethrin on the skin, and stopped cleaning with the extreem clean. Instead we bought antibacterial soap and over the counter antibiotic cream. My girlfriend and I began scrubbing our entire bodies daily with the soap and an exfoliating sponge, and put cream on the red spots. It worked like a charm. Within a week everything had basically disappeared, except some spots that were obviously still healing.
This is what my dermatologist thinks I have. Did you feel like you were getting bite? And what kind of cream did you use? Help

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies or Dust mites? 6 hr lorna 9
small family scabie problem 6 hr lorna 9
Delusional parasitosis (Nov '06) 10 hr Creepedout 15
hi adrian 10 hr adrian 1
bleach bath (Dec '08) 17 hr everett 60
Join the facebook group Thu Anonymous 2
Can scabies stay in your hair (Jan '14) Thu Nikki 41
More from around the web