Roz

Clemmons, NC

#3784 Jun 27, 2013
Just a little FYI for those out there without a doctor and are SELF TREATING scabies (or what you think is Scabies).
Last year I had scabies, confirmed by a clinic, and because I have a weakened immune system due to Thyroid Disease, I catch it often. What I didn't expect that made a HUGE impact was SECONDARY INFECTIONS: with scabies comes scratching and with raw exposed skin, comes all sorts of nasty infections. After my second visit to the clinic when I was SURE there still were bugs in me, we discovered that while the mites were dead, I had STAPH INFECTIONS in different ways and FUNGAL infections too. Cellulitis, Folliculitis, Yeast, and bacteria were found in the area where we killed the mites as well as the leftover dead bugs with bug poop. That is a recipe for discomfort! I had to STOP over-treating with pesticides and start treating with anti-fungal and antibacterial medications. I would have never thought that the bugs were gone and kept on treating them which was making my skin weaker to fend off the Staph and Fungal infections that looked like more Scabies. BEWARE of self treating as you just don't know what can grow on you!
NOw here am again a year later after staying in a cheap motel and contracting Scabies again, with Yeast fungus and all the other cooties. Mostly licated under my breasts and in my butt crack. I am on my 1st Permethrin round, with anti fungal powder accompanying it. Keep your skin DRY as best as possible to combat the fungal cooties! And use Anti Bacterial cream (Neosporian) in the days after a Permethrin round to HEAL YOUR SKIN. DONT think you can solve this alone: get to a clinic and don't be stupid!!!
Saved by Grace

Mesquite, NV

#3785 Jun 27, 2013
evangelist akins wrote:
I know this might sound crazy;however, Ive worked in a nursing home for 9 years, and I know all about Scabies.To treat them I would run a bath (as you usually would) Take bleach(of any kind)and place about 5-7 caps full in the bath.The bleach is deluted in by the water,so you won't have to worry about it being too strong.Take a bath as you normally do. The bleach may dry your skin and may be a little harsh on your skin;however the itching will cease and the scabies will be gone. Do this a couple of times (at night)
How long should I soak in the water. Can I put my head and face under the water.
Casey

Brisbane, Australia

#3786 Jul 4, 2013
Please tell me that the bleach really does work? I need to get rid of it I cant work or go to tafe and I hate it.
I live in two places 3days a week with my dad and the rest of the week with my mum which means I have two houses to clean frantically. I just want to cry all the time. Im 18 and im at a fragile part of my life. I need help something I can do that is simple and cheap. My family will not help me keep the house clean becaude none of them have it and they dont have to put up with the itchyness. It keeps me awake at night and wakes me up when I do sleep. I cant deal woth it any longer. This is my cry for help ill do anything that I can do that is possible to do by myself.:/
Dane d

Issaquah, WA

#3787 Jul 12, 2013
Ask for some pills to resist scratching, that just makes it worse. After you apply the lotion it takes about a day to kill all the bugs on your body but you skin is still reacting so after applying the lotion it will be about a week before you stop the itching
brian

United States

#3788 Jul 14, 2013
I got it I'm 14 I acksidently gave it to my dad he popped them all an put alkohol on his and they were gone in 1 to 2 days
brian

United States

#3789 Jul 14, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi I am from Ghana and really interested in how red onions are used to cure scabies..please help?
help please
rob

Ann Arbor, MI

#3790 Jul 14, 2013
I started a new treatment. My new treatment is to use a hair dryer on my skin. Heat kills scabies and I hope destroys the eggs. So far I think it is working. I have been doing it for a few days now and it seems to work. Just be careful to not burn your self with the hair dryer. I use the hair dryer on my whole body. I also have been putting on coconut oil which should help too. I put it in my hair too since it is a good conditioner.

I hope in a few days these things are done once and for all. I am tired of trying different things and finding they don't work for me to finally completely get rid of them. If this works I promise to let you guys know if they are gone for good.
rob

Ann Arbor, MI

#3791 Jul 14, 2013
don't put coconut oil on tell you are done blow drying. Coconut oil is probably flameable.
rob

Ann Arbor, MI

#3792 Jul 14, 2013
The great thing about the blow dryer treatment is that you can use the blow dryer on your back which is hard to reach with other methods.

Use on the whole body and hair. I even do my face. Just be careful not to burn your self with the dryer it can get pretty hot. Worth the risk for me. It never really got hot enough for me to worry about it.
rob

Ann Arbor, MI

#3793 Jul 14, 2013
I focus on areas where I itch. If I feel an itch I hit it with the blow dryer and the itch goes way.
tahlia

Sydney, Australia

#3794 Jul 16, 2013
Hey i have all these red bumps all ovet and really itch is there a way till i get the loction to stop the itching please help
cured of scabies

Hemet, CA

#3795 Jul 20, 2013
Coconut oil is good for your skin but it will not kill scabies; even with a hair dryer! I have tried absolutely everything on this forum over the course of 3 years! I am sure the permethrins creams work or the duvet ivermectin pour-on for cattle. I had tried absolutely everything including all the natural remedies on this forum until I realized the truth of why I couldn't get rid of scabies! Most people don't realize that it is their environment that reinfects them. I had gone through this dance for yrs....getting cured and then getting them again by wearing clothes that I had even washed.....but what most people don't realize is that scabies are hardy enough to even live through washes with bleach!! They even live longer in your home than most people realize. Especially bedding and places that offer sluffed off skin....like mattresses. It wasn't until I started boiling the clothes that I wore and just about threw out my bedding (covered mattress with plastic) that I was able to be cured. So all you folks dealing with scabies, please learn from my experience and take my advice!! You will rid of these demons in no time!!!
cured of scabies

Hemet, CA

#3796 Jul 20, 2013
I might add that a sugar free, natural diet helps in lessening the numbers of scabies as they seem to breed better on an unhealthy body.
cured of scabies

Hemet, CA

#3797 Jul 20, 2013
rob wrote:
I started a new treatment. My new treatment is to use a hair dryer on my skin. Heat kills scabies and I hope destroys the eggs. So far I think it is working. I have been doing it for a few days now and it seems to work. Just be careful to not burn your self with the hair dryer. I use the hair dryer on my whole body. I also have been putting on coconut oil which should help too. I put it in my hair too since it is a good conditioner.
I hope in a few days these things are done once and for all. I am tired of trying different things and finding they don't work for me to finally completely get rid of them. If this works I promise to let you guys know if they are gone for good.
Nothing destroys the eggs..........that is why you have to use the creams a few times to be effective. BOIL all your clothes (scabies can survive a wash) put plastic on your mattress and iron your bedding. You are right that heat kills them or slows them down, but a hair dryer isn't enough. Read my other post which tells you why.
cured of scabies

Hemet, CA

#3798 Jul 20, 2013
Also I once got reinfected by my shower curtain!! And this was more than a 2 months between reinfections. Your environment is the key to ridding yourself of scabies. Of course, you have to have an effective treatment for yourself as well. All the natural cures didn't cure me although it might have caused the numbers to lower some. Clove oil was somewhat effective, but undiluted, it burns the skin badly. I learned this the hard way!! It didn't seem to burn on contact, so I decided to put it on my skin right out of the bottle; just on my legs though as that was the worst infested area for me. BAD idea! I had burns that took me a month to cure!! Good luck to everyone. I come back here once in a great while to educate those who will listen. Please believe me as I have gone through every imaginable cure...and then some.
MackemLassie

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#3799 Jul 22, 2013
Hey Ive just found out I have scabies last night, but Ive had the itchy rash for a month. I scratched my head last night, as my heads been the itchiest; and a little insect with 6 legs and a bkack stripe fell out of my head. In panic, I rinsed my head with water and applied a lot of conditioner. This allowed some of the mites to fall out, but not all of them. I kept the conditioner in my hair and wrapped it in an old towel, but it's now 6:10am and I havent been able to sleep since 1:30 because I can feel them crawling about in my hair and it's disgusting. I'm going on holiday in 7 days, and I need them gone by then, please help me???
Char

Oakland, CA

#3800 Jul 23, 2013
So, I can't help but think that the person who exposed our family to scabies is at fault. Due to the fact that she lived in a womens shelter! Anyway, we all have it! I don't have health insurance to go to the doc to get treatment so I have diatamatious earth. I was itching horribly and I dusted my whole body with it and 20 minutes later the itching stopped! So, does anyone know how often and how long i need to treat? Thanks...
Lee

United States

#3801 Jul 25, 2013
I got scabies a month being released from prison and I was misdiagnosed twice then I was ate up all over my groin ass crack and penis then on my waist and hands its been 7 months and I tried the permithrim cream and it don't work I haven't slept in months I'm still itching and I'm broke from doctors ripping me off none can get rid of them you can't lie to me know more I know the truth there is no cure for the 7 year itch and I'm scratching my balls off they are here to stay and they keep u up all night long

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3802 Jul 29, 2013
Char wrote:
So, I can't help but think that the person who exposed our family to scabies is at fault. Due to the fact that she lived in a womens shelter! Anyway, we all have it! I don't have health insurance to go to the doc to get treatment so I have diatamatious earth. I was itching horribly and I dusted my whole body with it and 20 minutes later the itching stopped! So, does anyone know how often and how long i need to treat? Thanks...
Some say it works and some say it doesn't but if it works, keep using it everywhere, including around your home and car. Don't stop for at least several weeks. If you can get it in the beginning, you're one of the lucky ones. Doctors likely wouldn't have helped you anyway although you could likely order Nix cream over the internet if you wanted to try it as well. Sometimes it works.
aasfd

Hollywood, FL

#3803 Jul 29, 2013
Canuckette wrote:
<quoted text>
Some say it works and some say it doesn't but if it works, keep using it everywhere, including around your home and car. Don't stop for at least several weeks. If you can get it in the beginning, you're one of the lucky ones. Doctors likely wouldn't have helped you anyway although you could likely order Nix cream over the internet if you wanted to try it as well. Sometimes it works.
Totally disagree Canuckette. You are one of the ones on here who is selling diatomaceous earth. You are one of many on this forum pushing this stuff and it does absolutely NOTHING FOR SCABIES. If you can find a doctor who will prescribe both permethrin AND IVERMECTIN then you are well on your way to being cured. What gives it away is that you are telling people that a doctor will not help you with scabies and that is an all out LIE. Go ahead and push your snake oils on here. DE will do nothing but harm your lungs and clog your pores. You are a FRAUD Canned Bucket. You've been on this forum for way too long and I finally figured out that you are with the Naturasil snake oil bunch of folks here pushing their sulphur soaps and DE for years now. Stop your sh* canned bucket.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Post scabies 1 hr SRE 8
Permethrin Works, Helps and Hurts - my scabies ... (Jan '10) 19 hr rubbing alcohol 280
Scabies won't go away (Aug '06) 19 hr essential oils 1,193
Scabies Patient Released? Fri SRE 6
Scabies on eyelids,face,ears,scalp Fri SRE 24
How did your scabies start? Fri SRE 6
100% true cure for scabies/ dont waste money a... (Jan '14) Fri SRE 23
•••

Scabies People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••